Game 15: Scotland vs Switzerland live from the Cologne Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

You'd think it's some all-time great. :lol:

image.png.815d91d66282f5b21a69bad47c2e47bb.png

I forgot he was hanging around Liverpool when they won the CL. Technically one of the most successful players of this generation. :lol:

Just now, Freakiie said:

I forgot he was hanging around Liverpool when they won the CL. Technically one of the most successful players of this generation. :lol:

All enabled by Roberto Mancini sending him to a mountain healer when he was at Inter! :brock:

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

They used to wipe cards earlier, but then you had a situation where a player could get a booking in both the QF and SF and miss the final. So they started wiping them after the QFs so that it was impossible to miss the final unless you got a straight red.

Dunno why they can’t just wipe them twice. After the groups and then again after the QF. 

I think it's fine. They have 26 players in the squad now, and that's the only way some of these guys get playing time.

6 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

He even started that 4-0 Barca game because Salah was injured. :D

Had a poor game actually but did get an assist for the third goal.

5 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

He played well in the semi at Anfield, delivered a very nice cross for the equaliser. He was by no means a regular but he did contribute to the win.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

He even started that 4-0 Barca game because Salah was injured. :D

Had a poor game actually but did get an assist for the third goal.

Haha.

13 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Still can't believe two bookings in five matches can give you a match ban. Laughable that it's not been changed 

Feels like there might be a few people trying to get their ban in this round of games so they miss a third group stage game they don't need to win to stay in the competition...

Probably got about 20 minutes more football in the second half, and then they will both settle for the point.

Scotland are obviously going to take something from it. It wouldn’t be Scotland if they didn’t set themselves up with a plausible route through and then blow it in the last game.

Edited by Rob1981

On the plus side, Scotland are still in it.

Assume we'll just do more of the same in the second half. Try and pack the defence, don't let them break through, and then hope we can launch one counter or long ball and generate some sort of chance.

Just don't really enjoy this system at all. McTominay and McGinn are two of our only threats and we never get them the ball. Would love us to stick another forward, or attacking player, on - but we try and trust our defence on ability rather than numbers and we almost certainly lose.

We just don't have much of substance up the pitch, do we? Plenty of drive and will, some quality in the middle but it's so frustrating to watch sometimes. 

2 fantastic left defenders, 4 decent central midfielders and that's pretty much it. 

Anyway, half time so of course we're watching an England/Southgate interview. 

Saw the first half while working, lost my **** at the goal and by the time I got to look again it was 1-1 :D I'll miss the 2nd half but we were dire so probably not missing much of anything, really. 

Hate how the refs keep stopping the play everytime a player stays down in this tournament. 

Should only intervene when it's a head injury. Players are just milking it knowing they can take the pressure off their team. 

Edited by Bliss Seeker

Just now, CFuller said:

I'll tell you what... as a commentator, Wee Jimmy McFadden makes Jermaine Jenas look balanced and impartial.

Really not sure what you're expecting? :D Co-comms on home nations games are never balanced and impartial

6 minutes ago, HOORAY HENRIK said:

On the positive we probably won’t need to hear about a return now…

I reckon he ends up on loan to you in January then we basically end up having to give him away to you for next to nothing as don’t think anyone else will take him. 

Just now, eenie said:

Really not sure what you're expecting? :D Co-comms on home nations games are never balanced and impartial

But this is a bit of a joke, “I think McGinn gets the ball” he was miles off it 😂

Just now, eenie said:

Totally agree, but "I think he got the ball there" for a challenge that late was a wee bit special :D 

1 minute ago, eenie said:

(Remembers Robbie Savage)

Fair point.

Just now, Barnzy said:

But this is a bit of a joke, “I think McGinn gets the ball” he was miles off it 😂

To be fair, I am not listening to the Bower/Faddy comms, I have the McLean/McCann comms on instead.

But again, what are you expecting? :D