Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

image.png.5e42c4873951bb4b0f53311b44f084a1.png vs image.png.cf489a08a0f852f961fef80321234ce9.png

Possible line-ups

Denmark: Schmeichel; Andersen, Christensen, Vestergaard; Kristiansen, Nørgaard, Eriksen, Højbjerg, Mæhle; Højlund, Poulsen

England: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Guéhi, Trippier; Alexander-Arnold, Rice; Saka, Bellingham, Foden; Kane

image.png.d10aebe3fc0a4118edc5de791879c8af.png

A win and England are through. Denmark would be more than satisfied with a point.

Couple of huge matches between these nations over the years

Have another montage

Gary Lineker presents, with commentary by 

image.png.78e6a4326ef99758fa036ff6deab17d6.png and image.png.1b82f96dee2ac988aeab21cc9d9fe8a4.png

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early goal, sit back and chill out. 

Job done. No need to overexert overselves yet. 

Look at the Germans, they've gone far too early. They'll be blowing out of their bratwurst by the first knockouts. 

Edited by Bliss Seeker

No prisoner's this time, kill kill kill. I mean, good luck everybody

Retrovoetbalshirts.nl - Gary Neville vs. Peter Schmeichel on Make a GIF

I'm not gonna be able to watch the game as racing, not sure I'll be able to avoid the result before getting home...

I'd love for Gareth to be a little risky for this one, but doubt we will even see a change of the line-up, perhaps apart from Gallagher starting instead of TAA.

I'd love to see:

Kane

Eze         Foden       Palmer

Rice     Bellingham

to see how Jude gets on there in a game where it isn't so risky to try it. Foden where he belongs in the 10, and get Saka on at 60 mins on the right for Palmer if he isn't performing, or for Foden and move Palmer into the 10.

Yeah it's a few things, partly that he seems tired and not fully recovered from injury, bringing him on to run wild for 20-30 mins seems like it could be more impactful.

I also don't think he will have as much joy against Kristiansen at LB for Denmark as he did against Serbia where he had the guy in his pocket for the first half. I think that match-up favoured him a lot more than Denmark's options.

And I'd also like to see what Palmer can do in his natural position on the right linking up with Foden in his natural position. I could imagine some great link-up as Palmer tends to cut in earlier and generally stay narrower than Saka.

But I'm just an armchair coach like everyone else, I may well be talking out of my ass.

16 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Danish physicist Niels Bohr :D 

16 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Who is this Danish guy in the OP? :D

image.png.d0b305567e42e87d6b88e530494235a6.png

Genuinely looks like he could be Southgate's great grandad.

One Bohr's by name other by nature:brock:

A Slovenia-Serbia draw would be a decent result for us.  Then this afternoon we don't just stand to qualify with a win, we would be able to win the group with a game to spare.  That would mean our game vs. Slovenia is a completely free hit if we want to try a few things.  There is no danger of Slovenia overtaking us if we lose against them.

Edited by Rob1981

England will win the group today with another victory. :cool:

Naturally, I expect us to stutter to a 1-1 draw, and everyone will be saying SOUTHGATE OUT :mad:.

Finish work at 5pm. They've closed the main road to my village so not only am I having to drive rather than cycle in this lovely weather we're having, but it takes me 30 minutes to get home instead of less than 10, so I'm going to miss most of the first half. 

These property developers resurfacing roads have got no consideration for the working man :mad: 

Edited by Smallen

Fairly last minute beer run is complete :cool:

I've gone with a European rotation in celebration of the tournament - a bit of French, some Belgian and then some high calibre English to see me through the Spain Italy game.

Come on you bastards - let's be convincing please.

8 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Finish work at 5pm. They've closed the main road to my village so not only am I having to drive rather than cycle in this lovely weather we're having, but it takes me 30 minutes to get home instead of less than 10, so I'm going to miss most of the first half. 

These property developers resurfacing roads have got no consideration for the working man :mad: 

I feel your pain. I'll miss almost all of it taking my son to his swimming lessons - I expect it might be quite a quiet one there! Should be able to keep an earpiece in and listen at least.

Just now, Smallen said:

A draw is absolutely fine here btw. Hope people don't panic when it's 1-1 at the end or whatever.

Yeah, Denmark are tougher opponents than many people realise.

It would be nice to win the group with a game to spare, but it doesn't matter if you don't win every group game. We were awful in our second group games against Scotland and the USA at the last two major tournaments and still made the latter stages.

4 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Yeah, Denmark are tougher opponents than many people realise.

It would be nice to win the group with a game to spare, but it doesn't matter if you don't win every group game. We were awful in our second group games against Scotland and the USA at the last two major tournaments and still made the latter stages.

Sensible post.

Still remember the aftermath of the 0-0 draw with Scotland.

Even though we had kept two clean sheets and qualified with a game to spare... people were after bringing in Chris Wilder halfway through the tournament.

I'm backing Foden to have a much better game tonight. We'll hopefully have identified where it went wrong for him the other night. He's too good not to thrive at this level with these players around him. 

I think we all know very well that Denmark (frankly any Scandinavian team) are traditionally really hard for us to play against.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have higher expectations than in the past in these early matches. Yeah it's the group stages, but we'll need to beat better sides than Denmark en route to our glorious final victory, so we might as well get in the swing of it now.

3 minutes ago, Rebs said:

Sensible post.

I do try to be sensible when I'm not in Matterface mode. But I won't pretend that I won't lose my mind if this is yet another boring 0-0 like USA 2022 or Scotland 2021. Or Slovakia 2016. Or Costa Rica 2014. Or Algeria 2010. :D

• Administrators

Surprised TAA starts, thought it may have been Mainoo. Hope we win, I’m going 2-0 and we can rotate in the third group game. 

• Administrators
Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

Please don't be dour

I don’t want to fall asleep like I did almost against Serbia :D