Games 31 and 32: Denmark vs Serbia live from the Fußball Arena München ITV4 8pm AND England vs Slovenia live from the Cologne Stadium ITV1 8pm

What will be the result  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Modric.png.4b661839de0423cae58d4cf47925867b.png

Sorry, Luka. Think this will be a typically Southgate-y 1-0 win for England to secure top spot and avoid the Germans.

The other match will naturally be much more feisty and exciting. Going for Denmark to edge it and set up a date with the hosts.

9 minutes ago, Pukey said:

@Rob1981 Just tell us what we want, we're all confused :( 

These are the combinations of groups that can still provide the third place teams:

image.png.d4f525680b4df0aaa18e5f7d6c4dc6a5.png

So if we don't want to face Netherlands, we need to swerve that top scenario.

ADEF would suit us... then we probably play Turkey or Czech Republic or Georgia.  And if we pummel Slovenia by a big score, then Slovenia MIGHT end up in 3rd and with a worse GD record than Croatia... therefore C3 would be unable to get through and ADEF becomes the next most likely combination of groups providing third place teams.

But it isn't just down to our game... for Slovenia to get smashed by England but still stay 3rd in the group then Denmark would also need to win.

Edited by Rob1981

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, arenaross said:

Southgate: I’m worried about fitness. 

Also Southgate: I’m going to play the same team 3 times in 9 days. 

This is what drives me crazy. 

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Slovenia are just going to park the bus here and try for a point. They know 3 points and a 0 GD will be enough to get through at this stage 

Trying to beat us at our own game I see 🧐

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

Slovenia are just going to park the bus here and try for a point. They know 3 points and a 0 GD will be enough to get through at this stage 

Don't understimate Kek, he surely has some change of pace sequences in situations where England looks vunerable.

Obviously they'll defend all game long, but I don't expect them to just hoof it out of their box and hope for the best when out of possession. They played a good game against Denmark.

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Balls going to just sit on the centre spot for 90 minutes while both sets of players just ignore it

Just now, Bootador said:

STOP SPEAKING IN CODE, WHAT DO THE LETTERS MEAN?

WHAT SCORE DO WE WANT

I THINK A 4-0 ENGLAND WIN WOULD BE GOOD :D

If Slovenia finish 3rd with a horrible GD then the Group C 3rd place team probably goes out.  Then England probably play a Group E or Group F team and not Netherlands.

But a big England win still doesn't guarantee this happens... not if we don't also get the right result in the Serbia-Denmark game.

I don't know why someone was saying a 1-0 England win would be good but a 3-0 England win would be bad.

But maybe I'm missing something.  Lads, I'm not infallible.

• Administrators

Honestly think we deserve to go out with this team selection. Already through and not even rotating the bulk of the players or addressing the glaring issue on the left. 

I’m absolutely incensed :D 

Ah whatever, would be nice if they can do a Panama/Holland today to restore some good feeling in this. 

Although if take a 1-0 as long as there's some sort of something. You can't play that bad 3 matches in a row right?b

It's also pretty amazing how Southgate's become the most hated man in England :D

It's hard to come back from getting the meme treatment. Phil Jones never managed it, but Maguire's redemption has shown it can be done. 

I Believe! 

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Ah whatever, would be nice if they can do a Panama/Holland today to restore some good feeling in this. 

Although if take a 1-0 as long as there's some sort of something. You can't play that bad 3 matches in a row right?b

It's also pretty amazing how Southgate's become the most hated man in England :D

It's hard to come back from getting the meme treatment. Phil Jones never managed it, but Maguire's redemption has shown it can be done. 

I Believe! 

Southgate after winning 1-0 tonight thanks to an OG

image.png.94dc9edf90864054a2fa9dba136617f3.png