FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

I am writing this article for the FM 25 developer diary that I read today. First of all, switching to the new game engine is a great work of courage and I appreciate it in this respect, I read your article completely, but those UI images completely disappointed me and removing many features that were in old games just because they were not played gave me the feeling of going back to FM 11, not FM 25, yes, the game is still under construction, nothing is finished, but the interface of that game and the fact that many things that were removed were not replaced by new things made me very disappointed, thanks.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, xOGxTerror said:

One thing interesting is they are using Design Builds for UI images and not screenshots... Doesn't the game release in like 4 and a bit months?!

Not necessarily. We don’t know when it releases - the date will be revealed in September but it could release next year?

9 dakika önce, Brentford Alan said:

It's a very early state of play update, new features will I'm sure be announced as time goes on. The screenshots are just an indicator and not likely to be the final version by a long shot. 

yes of course this is not the finished version but I don't think it will change much when the game is 5 months away from release, the UI looks just like a tablet game and it's not nice. 

I am super interested in getting information on how the Unity build will affect Mac compatability. As someone playing on a rather old Intel-processor MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM, I really want to know whether I need to start saving money to be able to play FM25 on release :D 

19 minutes ago, DP said:

Not necessarily. We don’t know when it releases - the date will be revealed in September but it could release next year?

No point to do so. The season starts on August 2024. It’s already irrational to release it every year on November (3 months after) , to stretch it even further would be bad in so many ways

8 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

It will be October/November as it is almost every year.

Hopefully. My point is we don’t know that for a fact. This is a completely new engine, we’ve had ‘reveals’ in June which we never get for upcoming editions and Miles has said the date will be revealed in September. It’s different from other years, but yes, hoping it’s a similar release window. 

Edited by DP

1 minute ago, DP said:

Hopefully. My point is we don’t know that for a fact. This is a completely new engine, we’ve had ‘reveals’ in June which we never get for upcoming editions and Miles has said the date will be revealed in September. It’s different from other years, but yes, hoping it’s a similar release window. 

Yes, and the update says they will be able to release things quicker in future.

38 minutes ago, OmnissiahMasteR said:

yes of course this is not the finished version but I don't think it will change much when the game is 5 months away from release, the UI looks just like a tablet game and it's not nice. 

The pictures could have been created weeks or months ago, for all we know. 

My first take on the new UI is encouraging. I don't mind the simplistic look. The new screenshots seem to show more information provided in a clean understandable way.

I have a feeling monitor sizes could have a larger impact on this game and those with widescreen monitors could benefit more. 

Just now, Brentford Alan said:

The pictures could have been created weeks or months ago, for all we know. 

Not a smart move to release it in one of the first articles about a game headed in a new direction if its not true to what it looks like today.

16 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Most of the skins I used had a similar look so personally this is a step in the right direction from the little we see. 

This looks a lot like what @_Ben_ is putting out on his Statman series.

Also, are we gonna pretend that most of the information you want is at the fingertips and not hidden behind gazillion buttons and menus? I think most of us are so used to where things are right now that any change is gonna look and feel "off". A lot of people complains with every feature reveal that SI is putting more and more things behind more and more screens.

That article is just pointless in my view

The main issue every year is the poor ME they need to focus on that for a year mainly and make the 3D engine way better actual battles rather than this walking alongside stuff we have now makes a no sense that a 3D engine has zero battling for the ball after all this time

Edited by Matty89

3 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

This looks a lot like what @_Ben_ is putting out on his Statman series.

Also, are we gonna pretend that most of the information you want is at the fingertips and not hidden behind gazillion buttons and menus? I think most of us are so used to where things are right now that any change is gonna look and feel "off". A lot of people complains with every feature reveal that SI is putting more and more things behind more and more screens.

Yep, great example, that and @TCSSkin

As you say, right now a lot of information is behind too many clicks, which is exactly why i use TCS' work. If done right, this is a huge step forwards for information coming to the foreground

Well, the question i have is: Will there be a Light Skin UI ?

I exclusively play on Light Skin UI bcs dark modes are killing my eyes screen watching endurance which in a game like FM is essential as there is much to read and most of the game happens in the data sheets.

If they are not supremely light on your eyes screen watching endurance the game simply can not be enjoyed and becomes a "burning eyes" generator!

I personally can only and exclusivley endure Light Skins!

However, 
Understanding that the screenshots provided are DESIGN FILES, not the actual game build is crucial. These files are concepts created by the game artists to convey their ideas to the developers. They are designed to look simple and may not reflect how the final game will appear. Instead, they offer a potential direction for the new user interface. Any features or data not included in these screenshots have not yet been revealed.

Although I do want an optional light mode and accent colour change settings. 
Edited by dℍaisa

It doesn't look good :confused:

So they remove lot of huge features, just to make a new weird UI? And what is the new features this year - womens football ?? It looks like a skip for me. So sad.

Edited by pukfm

All I wish is having less click to do anything. So in my opinion I hope it's going to be like that, as it seems.

Also I think FM turned to be extremely overwhelming and overweight. So removing not so popular stuff could be painful for someone but necessary at the moment.

3 minuti fa, pukfm ha scritto:

I doesn't look good :confused:

So they remove lot of huge features, just to make a new weird UI? And what is the new features this year - womens football ?? It looks like a skip for me. So sad.

Sorry but I think you are far away from seeing the big picture and take such a drastic judgement.

You speak of huge features removed, but from their collected data they don't seem SUCH huge after all. 

Edited by Federico

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

Sorry but I think you are far away from seeing the big picture and take such a drastic judgement.

You speak of huge features removed, but from their collected data they don't seem SUCH huge after all. 

So do you believe that womens football feature will be huge?? I don't think so.

Sorry but i don't believe that touchline-shouts was not used much. It was one of the most used features for me. But thats not the point. The point is, they remove lot of features to make a new weird UI. So disappointing !! :(

I DID POST THIS IN THE SPECULATION THREAD. I HOPE PEOPLE DON'T MIND ME POSTING HERE AS WELL AS ITS APPROPRIATE TO THIS THREAD.

Just on this, quoted from Miles' blog post.

"The same is true of crafting a design that’s platform agnostic, enabling ease of play whether you’ve got a mouse and keyboard, a controller, or even a touch screen. "

Enabling ease of play with different devices is especially important for people with disabilities e.g. motor-control issues. I suspect going down this route might make FM more accessible to some people? I know Miles / SI (I think) are supporters of https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/ - a charity that enable gamers with disabilities to be more easily able to access games. In this discussion on this issue, I'd ask everyone to give this at least a little thought.

I hope this is part of the motivation for this route and it would be good to get a response from someone from SI about this. :)

As someone whose been pretty vocal in criticising the direction of travel the UI/UX has been heading for around 5-6 years now, with things being increasingly hidden behind multiple clicks and screens.

My initial impressions aren't brilliant of the new look of the tiles and cards, they somehow managed to look overly simple and cluttered and messy.

In fact I'd say my first impressions are nudging towards negative.

But the end product might be brilliant, it might be awful I don't think we can really tell from these very early design mock ups and brief description in the update from Miles.

So a bunch of features I've never used won't be in FM25. Fine.

Being able to bounce around managing lower league men's and women's teams - excellent - I'll definitely be doing that.

Taking out shouts - a misstep. It needs fixing, not removing as it's an integral part of what a football manager does.

UI - I've always hated tiles - one reason I never upgraded to Windows 11. However, the screenshot looks okay. Loss of the inbox - good.

So one negative; the rest a cautious positive. So far, so good.

All for removing fluff that isn't used.

From the SS it looks very sterile, so I fear people who use the default skin will feel more like a data analyst than a football manager. Some club related color and theme is important for immersion.

I will use a custom skin anyway so prob won't matter.

5 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I do have some concerns and these involve immersion. While I understand the need to rework how touchline shouts will be implemented within the overall game flow, I do hope we don’t have to wait till it’s reintroduced in FM26. That by far is the BIGGEST form of immersion in the game for me. I like the sensation of feeling that my shouts matter.

Agreed.

With SI’s ethos being one of “realism”, removing our ability to talk (shout) to our players during a match seems a backward step, regardless of how effective (or not) Touchline Shouts actually are.

Shouts dont work properly, so they were removed. Fine. Promises and player interactions havent worked properly for years though, but no word on that (yet)?

Cutting down on the MP stuff doesnt really bother me, as the figures show, the percentage is miniscule. My worry about this is that its gonna be introduced again in like 2years time and sold as a completly new feature. Also FM e-sports? Ive never hear anyone say "they should make a sports out of fm"

not really impressed by the UI. Looks way too console like. But its in process i guess