FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

As far as I'm aware SI are a subsidiary company of SEGA, which is the parent company.

SI are owned by Sega Europe Limited which in turn is part of Sega Corporation, which are part of Sega Sammy Holdings.

33 minutes ago, XaW said:

Then don't look at what FM24 has....

Honestly, why are some people reacting like Denuvo haven't been on the game for some years at least...

Edit: Just checked, and it's on FM24 and FM23 at least!

Having only played FM Touch on the iPad since 2017, I wasn’t aware. Just caught my attention because of the inclusion with Civ 7 too.

3 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

To be fair, a few of them that I've seen have said that they cant recommend pre orders yet as there's nothing to go on. 

I've watched quite a few of them and nearly all of them have been, well, apologetic about having to promote their links and gone down the "its helps me if you want to" route. 

3 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

Have we had confirmation that you can move your FM24 save over to FM25 - I know that they said a while back that was the plan, however nothing in the roadmap, dev logs or anything about it yet (unless I have missed it?) 

Yes it can transfer over

6 hours ago, Muja said:

Are you trying to tell me it’s normal to spend money on a video game that doesn't exist yet and you know nothing about?
After a trailer that seems like it was made with the sole purpose of being as vague as possible, and 5 screenshots that really show nothing?

I believe that such a leap of faith can only be taken by those with absolute and unwavering trust in a brand.
Frankly, no one has ever earned that kind of trust from me.

Stop making things up. You know I didn't say that.

No one's telling you you have to press that preorder button now, are they? Stop being melodramatic.

7 hours ago, flogside said:

I might be wrong here but I think they meant more along the lines of PC/Laptop users being archaic over the likes of console users. Not an actual archaic pc/laptop itself! 

Again, might be wrong. It happens sometimes. 

Maybe I read that wrong.

But I've also seen that argument, and it was the main reason why the game was apparently held back (due to system requirements going up, which would mean a huge chunk of the playerbase isn't able to play anymore).

5 hours ago, CamAshworth said:

Of course not. I have just guessed that is what is occurring.

If they are saying don't pre order then don't be advertising kickback links.

It's how they get their income. You're welcome to be a YouTuber if you want to join them.

I’ve bought every fm since 2001/2002 and recently upgrading my laptop. I love fm and I always find it a release from my stressful job.

its unfortunately hard to have any excitement for fm25, and it’s disappointing that we haven’t seen much info / no screenshots and the definite move towards phone console for the more casual gamer.

5 hours ago, Kickballz said:

Yeah, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.

I wouldn't worry about it, doesn't sound like they've built enough existing features, chances they've built some that could sit behind a paywall are slim to none

19 minutes ago, jonnyfresh said:

I’ve bought every fm since 2001/2002 and recently upgrading my laptop. I love fm and I always find it a release from my stressful job.

its unfortunately hard to have any excitement for fm25, and it’s disappointing that we haven’t seen much info / no screenshots and the definite move towards phone console for the more casual gamer.

50%+ of games these days have a community saying it's all being done for console. Other than a redesign of what you accept are just a few screenshots, I don't see how anyone can say that for certain.

You say there's little information and then make assertions that could only be based upon adequate information.

The past few FMs have had an information release schedule that's been similar. Teaser trailer and screenshots and match engine coming out about two months before release. This year is no different.

FM has halso been on console and mobile for a number of years now. Have SI dumbed the game down up till now?

Edited by anagain

The concern would be that since Unity is a big step the changeover to a consolecentric game would happen at the same time. 

I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm at concerned about it, but if it's not happening then all the better. 

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Then don't look at what FM24 has....

Honestly, why are some people reacting like Denuvo haven't been on the game for some years at least...

Edit: Just checked, and it's on FM24 and FM23 at least!

I believe it has been in since fm17

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, sc91 said:

Denuvo, and just like that I'm in the let it crash and burn camp.

I mean we've used Denuvo since FM17 or 18.. and really never had any notable issues with it

1 minute ago, EdL said:

I mean we've used Denuvo since FM17 or 18.. and really never had any notable issues with it

Personally have albeit as the subsequent posts might be revealing why I had such issues with the more modern versions of the game, like the chugging like a steam boat engine on a rig that'll run other games without a sweat. So don't I feel a bit silly at the moment.

7 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Denuvo isn't meant for the consumer.

I think SI have bigger things to worry about than anti piracy for FM25 based on current evidence.

There is no evidence, just a lot of people worrying about stuff that hasn't been revealed yet.

46 minutes ago, anagain said:

There is no evidence, just a lot of people worrying about stuff that hasn't been revealed yet.

Because it doesn't exist.  I used to buy on the odd years, then in '17, I asked what new features there were.  People flamed me on this board to go watch the release video because there was nothing of substance.  This year is even worse.  They took away shouts, the one thing that gave the perception of doing something active on the pitch.  They brought in women's football, something only like 4% of FIFA players even tried.  And there have been no announcements of anything unique whatsoever.

Edited by ScotchWhisky

19 minutes ago, ScotchWhisky said:

Because it doesn't exist.  I used to buy on the odd years, then in '17, I asked what new features there were.  People flames me to go watch the release video because there was nothing of substance.  This year is even worse.  They took away shouts, the one thing that gave the perception of doing something active on the pitch.  They brought in women's football, something only like 4% of FIFA players even tried.  And there have been no announcements of anything unique whatsoever.

I suspect very few played the Malaysian league. Have you complained about that?

I happen to agree in the shouts. Well, I'd like to have seen them at least replace them. I did understand the thought that they were never quite perfect. I've commented that same thought myself.

They removed the ability to see your former conversations a few years ago and never replaced it.

But we really don't know the full feature set yet. I'd suggest waiting. 😁

I’m interested in what the actual reveal will be on the 7th. I’m assuming it’ll be the leagues and licenses playable for the woman’s leagues. Or the differences between men and woman’s football in the match engine? I wonder if we will see any glimpse of a screen shot or gameplay at all. 

Edited by angelo994

English are not my native language, so I do not know if a can express the way I want my thoughts or worries about the new FM 

I didn’t know much about new UI as you knows but my main worries is ( and perhaps many peoples in this forum ) about the rumor of lacking stats the way stats was in previous FM s like FM 24 . Stats that was the base of playing a large category of players the moneybal type of playing FM. 
Is this the and of spreadsheet? The end of Mustermann or Statman for skinning ? The end of skinning ? 
This was a goal for SI ? To stopping using the game the way that is not on initial SI way of playing !?!?!

Edited by milenec11

4 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

I’m interested in what the actual reveal will be on the 7th. I’m assuming it’ll be the leagues and licenses playable for the woman’s leagues. Or the differences between men and woman’s football in the match engine? I wonder if we will see any glimpse of a screen shot or gameplay at all. 

This is what fascinates me actually, not anything they will reveal about the women's game, because it's basically a league pack, but how will they avoid showing any of the UI etc that they aren't revealing until TBA.

9 hours ago, EdL said:

I hate Denuvo with all my heart (not because I want to pirate games, but because it usually gives much worse performance to players vs pirated versions without denuvo) and I just wanna thanks for actually taking the time and implementing Denuvo without much (if at all) performance or stability issues for consumers. So much so I forgot it even existed as part of the game. A breath of fresh air, honestly.

Note: this is not me glazing SI or devs, just thought we could use some positivity in this thread :) 

18 minutes ago, Costav said:

My two cents are towards a very long explanation of the challenges of including the female side of football in the game. They will interview a lot of female players who will say how excited they are of being part of this game. Maybe they will go into details of what are the differences IRL between female and male football, and SI will tell us that now you can coach a male club and then decide to move to the female side of the sameclub because it's just one universe.

I hope to be mistaken...    

Remember the release video a few years ago where they explicity said "Gegenpressing will be a thing of the past" and literally nothing had changed?

It'll be that style - a lot of things they want to be true about how the "match engine plays differently" and it'll end up being exactly the same.

Regarding the roadmap - They really could have taken some of the flak off if they had put Interface or Match Experience first.

I read that as it's clearly not ready or they think they are "Building the hype" for the game by making us wait.

They could do with somebody at Si who can read the room and the general feeling in the community.

Just my opinion though, I am not a marketing professional.

Another thing that's bothering me, I expected save game carry over from FM24 not to be included for the main reason that SI have emphasised so far. This is a new era, there's so much that's going to be different etc. I'm kind of amazed of all the things that we know are coming, this is one of them. I personally would have probably dumped my FM23 save for this reason, or simply ported it over and moved it over to FM26 when international management is reintroduced

Having the converter in means one of two things in my eyes:

1. The games are similar enough from a backend standpoint that the strip back on some of the features was unnecessary, or things aren't going to be changed as much as we get the impression of.

2. Resources were allocated to this which could have gone to other more important things, such as IM, or they pulled the code for the converter to implement into FM24 when that version was looking a bit feature light.

Save game conversion in FM24 seems to add new stuff on top of the existing database from FM23 but you can't do stuff like add new leagues like the J League and stuff like that. I wonder if that will be the trend and it will not include stuff like women's football? That would be a major loss in my opinion, but the additional work to add the additional stuff to pre-existing save games seems like it would be a huge time swallow.

Honestly, we could have done without the save game converter this year before bringing it back in FM26. I just don't get why that survives when so much else has been removed, and I say that knowing it was one of the best additions last year.

15 часов назад, jmlima сказал:

SI are owned by Sega Europe Limited which in turn is part of Sega Corporation, which are part of Sega Sammy Holdings.

In the house that Jack built

We are really desperate for features, aren't we? I mean if we are debating the intrinsics nature of DRM Denuvo.

As for Developer commenting here:

It is late at night the debate among the forums was heating up. The room was dark and slumbered, there was Xaw at the piano playing  a mellow melody to soothe the atmosphere, but it was not working. This was a place with lively and animated music, but recent news about FM25, made it bit depressing and the debate was intensive. It has been several days since the last announcements and most the forum has reacted with mix feelings, most we're worried about the future.

"DRM Denuvo is the devil" said a user, with cigarette in his mouth, still holding his glass of pint. He took a breath nervously from his cigarette. "I tell you... Devil!"

"Jesus debating DRM, while we still haven't any news about the game. I mean..."

EDL enters through the door... "Excuse me is this SI forums?"

The room turned and instantly became silent, all forums users were in awe, as the saw in the name tag SI Developer, me included.

"Oh my GOD!!!!!" said the user with cigarette in his mouth. His jaw almost drop to the floor, enough for his cigarette to drop into his pint.

I quickly reacted... "Hi... yes it is! Please take a seat!" I said as I get up, then turn to others users. "It is a Dev... NOW BEHAVE!!!! We can't scare him off."

I turn back to dev a made my hugest smile I could. "Do you need anything, Pint... Coffee... Water?

The users slowly, but surely moved forward approaching the table where the dev had seated. All waiting admiring this mythical being called a SI DEV, all waiting what we would say.

Dev looked up and towards to the user that drop the cigarette into his pint. "I mean we've used Denuvo since FM17 or 18.. and really never had any notable issues with it. In fact, if the game is performing poorly for you, trust me it is not Denuvo. I have profiled the Denuvo protection extensivly - I can't of course speak for other games."

Just me trying light the mood here. :D

Edited by grade

1 hour ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

He probably would have complained if they spent 2 years on adding it.

I mean if putting new MENS league meant that they would also revamp ME , which they said they are doing to accomodate for womens football and to readjust calculations...then I would have no qualms about it being at the forefront.

8 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

I mean if putting new MENS league meant that they would also revamp ME , which they said they are doing to accomodate for womens football and to readjust calculations...then I would have no qualms about it being at the forefront.

Aye, but...wummin?!

I wouldn't expect them to see beyond that when they can't even get how long they've been working on it right.

2 hours ago, angelo994 said:

Have a feeling they will combine parts of the roadmap stuff and talk/show a bit more. Not avoid other stuff that is mentioned in the roadmap. It is just me being hopeful and they seeing what kind of backslash they have gotten. They need up the game.

We can all assume and hope that their preorder numbers are also not that good looking as the youtube like ratio.

image.png.d9b2e8d58f216c96234fee468b6c05b4.png

2 hours ago, CamAshworth said:

Regarding the roadmap - They really could have taken some of the flak off if they had put Interface or Match Experience first.

I read that as it's clearly not ready or they think they are "Building the hype" for the game by making us wait.

They could do with somebody at Si who can read the room and the general feeling in the community.

Just my opinion though, I am not a marketing professional.

I though this too. Why lead with your first announcement saying what you have already told the fanbase Womens football yep..we knew New unity match engine..yep we knew already. again im not marketing person but a reveal where you dont really revel much is not inspiring. Hopefully they will wow us down the line of the roadmap we will have to wait and see

11 часов назад, EdL сказал:

If the game is performing poorly for you, trust me it is not Denuvo. I have profiled the Denuvo protection extensivly - I can't of course speak for other games

Ed, since you're with us :rolleyes: Any hint at the speed of data processing in the new environment?

7 минут назад, saihtam сказал:

Have a feeling they will combine parts of the roadmap stuff and talk/show a bit more. Not avoid other stuff that is mentioned in the roadmap. It is just me being hopeful and they seeing what kind of backslash they have gotten. They need up the game.

We can all assume and hope that their preorder numbers are also not that good looking as the youtube like ratio.

I'm going to assume you got this screenshot from reddit. I liked how the comments in that thread discussed some ... stubbornness in decision making, let's put it this way. There were some interesting points there, but I won't risk quoting them here. In short, the decision center has its own vision, if someone disagrees - it's worse for them. 

It's unlikely that those responsible care about negative reactions at this stage. And dislikes and pre-orders have no real correlation anyway 🤷🏻

17 minuti fa, saihtam ha scritto:

I push the YT dislike button every time the algorithm shows me a video I'm not interested into.

Just saying.

Wow. Imagine being this offended by womens football. I mean, sure, there's lot of other genuine gripes on Reddit, when isn't there on any given subject, but quite a lot of them are a thinly-veiled protest at women's football making the game worse/late/unplayable:D

Might have to see what bulk offerings there are on Popcorn at Costco for November/December.