FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, renato. said:

By converting now, FM in Brazil worth more or less 1/4 the minimum salary here. Imagine spending 2x of the minimum salary in Football Manager over an year.

FM isn't avaliable in Brazil is it? So if you are 'buying' it then no wonder it is expensive. Here in the UK it works out at much less than 1% of an average income per year - and that's buying 2 copies. 

1 minute ago, davehanson said:

FM isn't avaliable in Brazil is it? So if you are 'buying' it then no wonder it is expensive. Here in the UK it works out at much less than 1% of an average income per year - and that's buying 2 copies. 

I did the conversion directly from Steam, not from alternative sellers. Considering taxes it would cost even more than what I think, I guess.

I was expecting a delay if I'm honest. I've repeatedly stated that it's weird we've not seen a single screenshot of the new in game graphics. That is the 'new' game's biggest feature, it's biggest selling point, and with weeks to go until release it was nowhere to be seen.

I was expecting another couple of weeks, maybe a month. But they've given  themselves another six months. That suggests the game is way off being good enough at the moment. On the one hand I understand the frustration of players. Pre-orders have been up a while now and they expect their game. But fair play to SI for delaying it to ensure the quality is there. Most studios these days, even the huge ones, would release it, spend millions on minimising the criticism in the media and improve it by updates. SI have no doubt taken a huge financial hit by doing this, so fair play to them for doing this. I'd much rather they did this than release an unfinished or low quality game and tried to defend it.

Six months though, let's talk about that. March is nowhere near the ideal release date for a new game. It's a few weeks from the end of the season in Europe and just a weird timeframe for a football game to come out. It also takes six months development time away from FM26, so I hope the promised feature returns for that aren't re-kicked down the road even further. Do they release FM26 in October/November as usual and hope people buy twice in six months? Or does this signal a new release cycle going forwards? Social media is full of shouts to kick FM25 altogether and I can understand that too.

I bet the management meetings have been fun at SI over the last few days prior to this decision being made.

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Everything's obvious in hindsight.  To be honest, I don't think I saw anyone saying that SI were waiting to "wow us".  I thought the screenshots chosen were odd, and fully expected that things would look a lot different on release.

I'm not saying it wasn't troubled before - it clearly was.  But I think creating this narrative that they've known for months that there was no chance of meeting November is just filling in a narrative that people are wanting to believe. It could be true of course, but all I'm saying is that things can change very quickly, and given what they were trying to do, with an already pressured team, it's probably more likely that they fully intended to meet the original date, until they suddenly realised there was no chance.  Then they fully intended November, did all their marketing, and then something really, really bad came up that meant they just couldn't release it.  This is about as close to the nuclear button that they could push that isn't not releasing at all.  If they were planning this all along, they wouldn't have voluntarily piled all that pressure on themselves just a week ago by giving another underwhelming update.

I've seen several people use variations of SI are waiting to wow us and or they are building hype by not revealing anything.

I noticed it because to me admittedly a total layman in terms of marketing, that is the absolute opposite of how you market a product. 

You maybe tease things that builds hype and then wow customers, you don't announce not once but twice things are being cut and here's some screenshots that people within minutes realised were mock ups to build hype.

You didn't need hindsight to see the game was in trouble, it has been very obvious for awhile. 

I genuinely thought they'd just release whatever in November, which probably 95% of game studios do these days then patch it.

So fair play for delaying a second time.

"Fm 24 is a swan song, you people must understand that they moved ship to fm 25 so they can really change the paradigm and provide the single most exquisite experience ever seen in a football simulation game with Unitiy taking the central stage" - absolutely everyone when there were voices dissatisfied with fm 24 being a minor update. Here, hope this delay clears is it for all of you. 

3 minutes ago, renato. said:

I did the conversion directly from Steam, not from alternative sellers. Considering taxes it would cost even more than what I think, I guess.

Yes, but what I am saying is you can't legally even buy it in Brazil - so you would have to use a VPN and buy from a different country don't you?

I assume that there must be no need for a patch afterwards, given the game will be released in March. Releasing the game in March, most clubs will have their squads updated a few months after, so what will SI do ? 

To me it feels that this delay, although necessary, will create a massive compound effect on further delays. I hope FM26 will not be affected by it, but probably will, and so will the next versions. 

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What and absolute mess... Features removed, lacklustre roadmap, open pre-orders then postponed until the season is virtually over.

Releasing FM25 in March means we'll be getting FM26 a few months later - If SI are scrambling to get FM25 ready for a March release other than an updated database what new features should we expect in FM26?

At this point and talking purely from a gameplay perspective surely the sensible approach would be to cancel FM25, get the game actually ready for release and use the extra time to put back in the features that had been previously removed. 

Financially speaking, I personally think they will also take a loss releasing 2 games in 2026, would completely skipping FM25 be that much more of a hit?

Personally as its a new engine, I would release FM25 in March as a free beta, use the extra time to gather feedback, fix any issues and build hype for FM26.

The promotion was terrible, it was all cloak and daggers and when they announced they were removing features I couldn't really get excited, so glad they delayed, but not happy it's until March they really need to scrap it or like you say announce they are releasing at cut price or beta version to prepare for fm26

6 minutes ago, mp_87 said:

... I think it is unrealistic that SI will write off even more money by not putting out 25 altogether, but this is going to require some careful thought - both in terms of customer relations, and the people building the game and not having a domino effect on impacting the development of the next edition.

As someone else points out, it is a reasonable assumption that they have commercial contracts requiring a release for this season. The fact that they pay for licences also means the idea of releasing 25 as a demo for 26 would probably verge on the ruinous.

Edited by jmlima

14 минут назад, zakbrown96 сказал:

Can we please stop calling for employees to lose jobs, it’s unacceptable none of us would like people saying that about us.

I didn't call for his dismissal. I asked if he is a co-owner of the company or reports to someone? I am interested in this case from the point of view of damage control. Since such a delay for a product with an annual edition can be critical in some companies/areas. If SI can do this without serious consequences, then good for them

Not surprised, but not that bothered. Had a suspicion this might happen and let's be honest, if they've made this decision for the first time in 20 odd years then it's probably the right one.

Had already made the decision to stick with FM24 anyway, so personally there is no impact, but I still hope FM25 is a success.

It is just a game though. As disappointing as this is, some of the comments on here and on X are insane 😂

This is CM4 all over again. And it was a shambles at launch. 

We've all known it wasn't anywhere near ready. The lack of any screenshots or footage was the giveaway, but this tells us that it really isn't even playable. 

If I was Miles Jacobson ….

Two are the solutions 

A) you cancel the plans for new UI for 25 and release a FM 25 similar to FM 24 with better price 

OR 

B) I am canceling the plans for releasing a FM 25 and going directly to a new with FM 26 

what the point to release a game when the most of 24/25 leagues are gone 

postponed until June 25 and release your new era as FM 26 

do not make annoying things just to make something.