Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

Just now, Pukey said:

I think we've reached peak hyperbole

Oh absolutely. But we are absolutely just in the hands of Gareth and hoping it all works out which is the 'slightly' hyperbolic point I was making.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Slovakia in ET, Switzerland on pens and Austria off a lucky deflection.

Spain batter England in the final but can't score, Rodri headbutts Rice and Cucurella then miskicks one into his own net. :D

Even as we lift the trophy, we'd have people saying they can't celebrate it because he didn't play Cole Palmer enough, stick to club football lads

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

"Austria"

Another gimme.

Honestly they would save alot of time and all the hassle of having pundits wet themselves if they just put England in the Final at this point.

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

Slovakia in ET, Switzerland on pens and Austria off a lucky deflection.

Spain batter England in the final but can't score, Rodri headbutts Rice and Cucurella then miskicks one into his own net. :D

Spain's fault for having a worse left back than us tbf ;)

3 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Southgate is like Hitler. He's been given full control and his style of rule means his personality flaws impact decision making but he is very lucky and underestimated by other powers. Ultimately like a Nazi general in 1944 I have to place faith in him and know that he will either lead us to victory or annihilation.

Close the thread

4 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Southgate is like Hitler. He's been given full control and his style of rule means his personality flaws impact decision making but he is very lucky and underestimated by other powers. Ultimately like a Nazi general in 1944 I have to place faith in him and know that he will either lead us to victory or annihilation.

This has gone about as far past the line as Lampard’s shot against Germany. 

Can't work out if Switzerland beat us comfortably or we win the whole thing with constantly being reminded how close we came to going out to ****ing Slovakia :D 

(It's the first one, isn't it?)

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Video evidence of the forum after 93 minutes. 

Imagine paying out all that money just to leave before the magic happens, silly clowns

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Another gimme.

Are you even watching these other teams? :D Switzerland and Austria have been very impressive. bet you think in  Spain v Georgia, Georgia are a load of farmers. 

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Video evidence of the forum after 93 minutes. 

One of the things my dad constantly preached to me and my brother was never ever leave a football match early, and it's for exactly this kind of reason. Why on earth you'd leave with just one goal in it is beyond me, no matter how rubbish the team is playing.

Just now, Lucas said:

Are you even watching these other teams? :D Switzerland and Austria have been very impressive. bet you think in  Spain v Georgia, Georgia are a load of farmers. 

Can't you see who you're responding to? :D

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

One of the things my dad constantly preached to me and my brother was never ever leave a football match early, and it's for exactly this kind of reason. Why on earth you'd leave with just one goal in it is beyond me, no matter how rubbish the team is playing.

Same. Villa VS Watford March 2020 was epic.

7 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Can't work out if Switzerland beat us comfortably or we win the whole thing with constantly being reminded how close we came to going out to ****ing Slovakia :D 

(It's the first one, isn't it?)

We'll win and Southgate will resign immediately afterwards, just as Satan arrives to take his payment. Jordan Henderson's soul and Kalvin Phillips's career were the deposit.

Edited by Heartwork

14 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Yeah we were terrible but if anyone thinks we shouldn't celebrate it then I am afraid I strongly disagree :D

To be fair, it was pretty funny listening to all the kids in the estate going pretty mad when England scored. My daughter running in the flat going 'Daddy! ENGLAND SCORED!' and running back outside, she's still on the high right now.

Brilliant stuff. Already an early sighting of “Doesn’t matter because Switzerland will beat you anyway!” 

Just need someone to remind us that was the worst Slovakia side in their history.

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I could almost understand it if he was looking to beat the traffic home for tea, but he's in Germany :D

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Brilliant stuff. Already an early sighting of “Doesn’t matter because Switzerland will beat you anyway!” 

Just need someone to remind us that was the worst Slovakia side in their history.

I mean, do you think that was good today? :D 

Well, that was an hour of football I wasn't planning to watch. That should've been a blowout, despite Southgate, but Slovakia was one clearance from pulling it off.  I've been as critical of him as anyone, but how do you manage 0 shots on target in ~95 minutes against Slovakia? 

Great goal by Bellingham, and once that happened fully expected another England goal. The only question was whether there would be another equalizer to force pens. 

Dubravka's complete unwillingness to catch the ball is absolutely maddening, so there's something fitting about that ultimately costing Slovakia. 

Edited by XuluBak

7 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

One of my favourite things about this still is it looks like Dubravka dives out the way (he didn't tbf, but Newcastle fans may believe otherwise)

it wouldn’t have mattered. It’s below waist height and on target so it’s an automatic goal against Dubs.

edit: btw I’ve just seen it was literally 2 shots in target and 2 goals for us. He’s so washed man it’s almost funny.

Edited by Smallen

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

Dubravka's complete unwillingness to catch the ball is absolutely maddening, so there's something fitting about that ultimately costing Slovakia. 

Actually thought he did alright with his punches up until that point, especially considering targeting him with all our set piece crosses was the closest thing we had to an obvious tactical plan. 

Something fitting about the equaliser coming in time added on for their dozen fake injuries though 

7 minutes ago, Smallen said:

it wouldn’t have mattered. It’s below waist height and on target so it’s an automatic goal against Dubs.

edit: btw I’ve just seen it was literally 2 shots in target and 2 goals for us. He’s so washed man it’s almost funny.

He did nothing wrong mind :D

Hell, for the 2nd, it was a great punch from him and then the defence shat the bed.

Shocking performance for 90 minutes, and then a moment of brilliance from a player who’s only had 45 minutes of decent football so far this tournament.

Kane who has had less minutes of decent football scored to win, and dig Southgate out of a huge, giant, gaping hole he dug himself into.

A much, much, much needed improvement next match. 

Thought Rice/Mainoo/Centre backs did ok.

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

Mediocrity has to be celebrated properly

image.jpeg.f13ffa1625941b9092c352cfb5030f15.jpeg

From the guy who loves throwing out whataboutism, baffling people continually want to throw this out about thanking the fans for support

Hilarious

41 minutes ago, VamPook said:

From the guy who loves throwing out whataboutism, baffling people continually want to throw this out about thanking the fans for support

Hilarious

I'm still confused why you think Pickford celebrating is embarrassing. You haven't explained.

42 minutes ago, VamPook said:

Hilarious

England are into a knockout quarter final having looked like they were crashing out. You would have to be a complete moron to call celebrating that embarrassing