Semi Final 1: Spain vs France live from the Fußball Arena München. BBC1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

What a turnaround that was, nice to see a game between two top sides being so open. Yamal’s goal surely goal of the tournament so far. 

Yeah I think that's goal of the tournament so far, although Guler's for Turkey vs Georgia was a belter too.

3 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

What a turnaround that was, nice to see a game between two top sides being so open. Yamal’s goal surely goal of the tournament so far. 

There's a couple I prefer from a purely technical standpoint, but given this was in a semi final by a ****ing child, then yeah sure, no qualms if it's goal of the tournament.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Because World Champion Pavard isn't playing, but four inexperienced defenders.

:D 

Pretty sure you ridiculed me when I said they would miss Varane and Lloris and reminded everyone that the best international teams are built on experienced defensive partnerships.

Don’t make me dredge up the post where you said all their defenders were great and it didn’t matter that they hadn’t played together much.

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Pretty sure you ridiculed me when I said they would miss Varane and Lloris and reminded everyone that the best international teams are built on experienced defensive partnerships.

Don’t make me dredge up the post where you said all their defenders were great and it didn’t matter that they hadn’t played together much.

spalletti-sad.gif

That's an inside joke, ffs.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

This might look silly if England end up winning it. 

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

They've kept clean sheets in almost every game and been done here by two outstanding bits of quality. I don't know why you're now back telling us all how prophetic you were

Dembele should just stick to smashing low crosses through the box at pace, the odds of him accidentally hitting a Spaniard and getting an own goal are higher than his cross actually ending up with a team mate. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

My dude they've kept 4 clean sheets. 

• Administrators
Just now, Rob1981 said:

Might be a great comfort to them on the plane home.

How are they supposed to get much experience anyway without winning games? Just grow old? I really don’t get what your point was in the first place. 

Just now, Lucas said:

How are they supposed to get much experience anyway without winning games? Just grow old? I really don’t get what your point was in the first place. 

Most tournament winning teams have GK-CB-CB partnerships that have played a lot of games together. It’s not complicated :D 

1 minute ago, RTHerringbone said:

Feels like Spain have been well on top since the opener. They're just so dangerous with Yamal and Williams. Can't see Williams not having his release clause activated in the next week or so.

The clause getting activated has been a possibility for a couple of years now but he has been happy to stay. It depends on if he wants to leave now or wait another year or two.

I think France have actually defended pretty well in this half, even though they're 2-1 down. The two goals they've conceded were thanks to great individual moments. Spain are troubling them but France are dealing with it OK.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Most tournament winning teams have GK-CB-CB partnerships that have played a lot of games together. It’s not complicated :D 

Most don’t have 16 year olds scoring worldies :D 

5 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

France would be in front if Lloris and Varane were playing, is what I’m reading.

Not saying they should be playing ffs :D 

But you take out a GK-CB that have played 80-90 games together… replace them with defenders and a GK that have only got 15-20 caps. They don’t have the same understanding.

Not sure why this such is a controversial point of view. It hasn’t cost them so far. But it might. As far as I know they aren’t handing out any trophies until Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Not saying they should be playing ffs :D 

But you take out a GK-CB that have played 80-90 games together… replace them with defenders and a GK that have only got 15-20 caps. They don’t have the same understanding.

Not sure why this such is a controversial point of view. It hasn’t cost them so far. But it might. As far as I know they aren’t handing out any trophies until Sunday.

Naturally, but I’m not sure what that has to do with anything that’s happened in this match. France’s backline hasn’t been the problem. 

If anything, they’re missing a motivated Pogba, or effective Griezmann.

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

Naturally, but I’m not sure what that has to do with anything that’s happened in this match. France’s backline hasn’t been the problem.

Not sure where I’ve said otherwise.

I wasn’t blaming their inexperience for conceding the goal. But I thought that gunman was, which I thought was funny because before the tournament we had an exchange where he said it wouldn’t matter.

That’s literally it. If gunman was joking then it has been an utterly pointless discussion.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Not sure where I’ve said otherwise.

I wasn’t blaming their inexperience for conceding the goal. But I thought that gunman was, which I thought was funny because before the tournament we had an exchange where he said it wouldn’t matter.

That’s literally it. If gunman was joking then it has been an utterly pointless discussion.

Was a joke banter between Inter and Juve supporters. Peace!