Does hard copy (DVD) of FM24 exist?

Can I buy a hard copy (DVD) of FM2024 in the UK?

I don't want to depend on game platforms/Microsoft updates in order to have access to games I've already paid for.

I am definitely not in a mood of experimenting with FM2025, just want to play.

22 hours ago, stevie_G_32201 said:

outrage over game platforms to play the game...wait. what year is it?

Just because it's common doesn't make it right.

It's an hassle specially when your forced to create an account so they can resell your data ( looking at you Ubisoft and Rockstar , EA) .

Companies want to make all of the money with boundless greed  . Gaming is heading towards another crash. 

On 13/09/2024 at 18:17, trevjim said:

What's wrong with 10/11?

He had another post where he mentioned his PC was still on Windows 8 and although he'd still been playing FM for a while even after the date that Steam stopped supporting anything before Windows 10, it has now stopped working for him.

On 13/09/2024 at 18:17, trevjim said:

What's wrong with 10/11?

It'll make my laptop slower, like any new windows version, let alone that microsoft claims that none of my files will be deleted, but woth a "refresh" of WIN8, they were and I lost them forever.

I don't trust the process, it'll waste time I don't have and using steam would be the only reason to do it, otherwise I'm happy with my old versions of hard copy software.

On 14/09/2024 at 14:47, JR866Gunner said:

Been running FM24 & previous FM's on Linux Mint and a few other Distros for a few years now!

Just managed to get The Sims running too.

Haven't got a clue how Linux works, but if you still need windows for other functions (ie Microsoft Office), what's the point to bottleneck your HD with 2 OS?

It's wrong not to be able to play a game offline that we've a;ready bought.

I don't give a flying monkey about steam, it was not my choice from the start, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAMES I PURCHASED even if that'd be online.

I don't deal with anyone anyway, dont need online gaming.

6 minutes ago, SpartanUTD said:

It's wrong not to be able to play a game offline that we've a;ready bought.

I don't give a flying monkey about steam, it was not my choice from the start, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAMES I PURCHASED even if that'd be online.

I don't deal with anyone anyway, dont need online gaming.

The problem with modern gaming, is even with buying software we don't own it like we did back in the day, we're simply buying a licence that allows us to use the software and that licence can technically be revoked at any time, or the conditions of use can change.  The conditions with Steam are is that you need a modern OS, ie, Windows 10 or 11 and FM is tied up with Steam.

Now, there are good reasons for this, mostly tied up in security.  Microsoft no longer supports or updates Windows 8 and so it can become vulnerable to security threats.

However, I do agree there should be an offline launcher still available for people who own legacy games and systems.  This is one of the reasons I like GOG so much in that you get DRM free launchers than can be run without an internet connection being available.

In cases like yours, unfortunately the only real option if you want to carry on playing is either upgrade your OS or buy a new computer.  And I get that it sucks.

12 minutes ago, SpartanUTD said:

It'll make my laptop slower, like any new windows version, let alone that microsoft claims that none of my files will be deleted, but woth a "refresh" of WIN8, they were and I lost them forever.

I don't trust the process, it'll waste time I don't have and using steam would be the only reason to do it, otherwise I'm happy with my old versions of hard copy software.

All things are possible, just need the ways and hows.

Install steam, and set it to play off line. I full solution would take more research than I'm prepared to do sorry but I'm sure it's possible. 
If you don't want spam sign-up to a free account on proton secure email, install their browser addon and every time you are asked for you email address on a website it'll offer to create a fake one which you can delete anytime or direct to the bin.

19 minuti fa, SpartanUTD ha scritto:

Haven't got a clue how Linux works, but if you still need windows for other functions (ie Microsoft Office), what's the point to bottleneck your HD with 2 OS?

There are Onlyoffice,Libreoffice or other alternatives. If you bought the 365 version, you can use it online just as you would on windows.

Only certain fields need windows, common office computers can run Linux distros without any issue rn

I've hidden a couple of posts who are borderline discussing circumventing DRM. This being the official forum of the developer, this topic is not fit for discussion. Not claiming anyone advocated for it, but discussing it not allowed here still, sorry. Please don't discuss how or why anyone would do so here. If anyone has any objections, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it there.