Football Manager TV: Sports Science

1 hour ago, upthetoon said:

so what happens if the sports science rating is low? does it mean he gives wrong feedbacks occassionaly injuring the players more? 

how will this affect LLM ?

No self respecting LLaMa would hire a sports scientist, it’s just intellectual quackery.

2 hours ago, Dawsey said:

Looks a great additon & should aid managers in knowing if any players are in the “Red Zone” as mentioned by a certain Mr Wenger in real life! It is more of a visual guide to how training workloads & number of matches can have an impact. Plus you can spot the Daniel Sturridge’s & Andy Carrol’s of your team so you can get rid of them :)

This, plus a decent team of physios and a well managed squad (2 XIs) will make 60% of the injuries gone!

Guest El Payaso
23 minutes ago, apvmoreira said:

This, plus a decent team of physios and a well managed squad (2 XIs) will make 60% of the injuries gone!

Hopefully not as the amount of injuries already is so low as long as you do things sensibly. Of course there is a fear that by 'mastering' this area you can walk through the season without any injury problems and to master this you only need to find the staff with good attributes. But hopefully instead this is an area where you have to pay some attention yourself and that you cannot delegate this part of the game to your staff.

Just now, El Payaso said:

Hopefully not as the amount of injuries already is so low as long as you do things sensibly. Of course there is a fear that by 'mastering' this area you can walk through the season without any injury problems and to master this you only need to find the staff with good attributes. But hopefully instead this is an area where you have to pay some attention yourself and that you cannot delegate this part of the game to your staff.

You have to do it, as it is the goal of every club. It will never happen, but we can try. But you can never predict game injuries, so you will always have injuries.

20 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Master it? Good grief, I'm looking at the video and thinking i'll be terrified to send the lads out onto the training pitch let alone a field of play!

And poor Pereiyra - got a good ol' boot up the jacksie, methinks :-)

I don't think this is going to get rid of all injuries, surely things that result from tackles and physical contact aren't going to be impacted. A million sports scientists couldn't have prevented Mane taking Ederson's face off, or Shawcross Shawcrossing Aaron Ramsey.

I think it's just going to help us manage the muscular pulls and strains that are picked up, but even then it won't get rid of them completely

Guest El Payaso
54 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Master it? Good grief, I'm looking at the video and thinking i'll be terrified to send the lads out onto the training pitch let alone a field of play!

And poor Pereiyra - got a good ol' boot up the jacksie, methinks :-)

A feature that would actually make the game more challenging would be a really welcome one. But based on years of experience I wouldn't say that any of the features really does that. 

1 hour ago, El Payaso said:

A feature that would actually make the game more challenging would be a really welcome one. But based on years of experience I wouldn't say that any of the features really does that. 

That's what I think! But I just don't want to say anything, because in other features I was condemned for daring to criticise :) It's all just cosmetic I think :)

Nice looking screens. Hope (but it wasn't made 100% clear) an effect is that training can be turned down or up for individual players, especially when you've got players whose fitness, injury proneness (or attitude) warrants a slightly different training programme.

The ability to use sport science to help prolong players' careers would be far more interesting than the information on injuries themselves too. Especially since injuries are turned down to very low levels in FM anyway...

I wonder if as part of this overhaul SI will turn injury numbers up? It'll mean more complaints. But they'll get complaints about numbers of injuries in the latest FM regardless of what they've changed at all from the last one or not...

Edited by enigmatic

5 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I don't think this is going to get rid of all injuries, surely things that result from tackles and physical contact aren't going to be impacted. A million sports scientists couldn't have prevented Mane taking Ederson's face off, or Shawcross Shawcrossing Aaron Ramsey.

I think it's just going to help us manage the muscular pulls and strains that are picked up, but even then it won't get rid of them completely

and it shouldn't. It should just lower the risk.

I’d like to think that it would be beyond the financial means of lower league clubs, even many professional clubs.

If the information is easily available to clubs at at levels I’d be rather disappointed.

Guys, help me out here.

Any1 of you know how the dedicated stats for sport scientist are gonna work? Lets say I have a person with 10, which info will he give me compared to the guy with ex 18?

Sidequestion:

How about the physio - Are the players healing faster with a 18 physio compared to a 8 physio?.

Thanks mates.

4 minutes ago, bommen said:

How about the physio - Are the players healing faster with a 18 physio compared to a 8 physio

They wont actually heal faster, but the effect is the same.

A poor physio tends to give you a bracket i.e. 'player X is injured for 6-8 weeks' [and that player wouldn't be available for 8 weeks] where a good physio, regarding the same injury, would say 'player x is injured for 6 weeks' [and the player would be available after 6 weeks]

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

They wont actually heal faster, but the effect is the same.

A poor physio tends to give you a bracket i.e. 'player X is injured for 6-8 weeks' [and that player wouldn't be available for 8 weeks] where a good physio, regarding the same injury, would say 'player x is injured for 6 weeks' [and the player would be available after 6 weeks]

I thought better physio stats would mean to be able to prevent injuries and to heal faster

IRL, amateur clubs perhaps they call it differently or the staff performs whatever stuff the sports scientist do in a smaller scale.

As this is a game, so you mean for LLM management the chairman will say something like sports scientist is not required? similar to scout not being able to travel in some places? Will sports scientist only be available for clubs with high rating. meaning clubs from championship rating? or league 1? what's the impact of having sports scientists with lower stats compared to higher stats?