The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

1ada7b8bff17c1e0d15ddda9490b597a.png

Jedinstvo Ub

Season Review 2021/22

Prva liga Srbije

Fixtures: 1 :: 2

d9ef5f1471eb669f2ac319862310d78e.png

Limped our way to promotion. Second part of the season was proper struggle, especially for a tiny squad like ours. I mean, look at it.

fbe4a5afcd17740c65ea92a9447fddd3.png

Took this shot just before youth intake, to show you what it mean to me. I had to use gray player in starting eleven every match (league rules, we must have two U21 players in for 45 minutes + at least two on the bench), I had matches where my bench was entirely gray. Our defense was nonexistent because of it (one gray player + Balogh, who was not even nearly ready for senior football) but we pulled our weight on  the other side. Our elderly midfield and wasteful attack did lion's share of work and it paid off. We're going into Superliga.

Kup Srbije

8ce451894f786abdaa27bc0fb4c077df.png

Board asked us not to embarrass ourselves. I think we did that well enough...

Off the Pitch

No work has been done on facilities as we don't have that kind of money yet but board was forthcoming about other upgrades.

3c65cd33ae2f46efa1af911bc4f39e93.png

4e09f1ba2774355c593687f53f55a0f6.png

Those two were completed before intake. This one was just announced.

55082dd20d95c908b5f28651e722c508.png

Not without some arm twisting but they gave in in the end.

Youth Intake

You've seen how badly we needed bodies on the pitch. And we got them. Finally. In April, nearly at season's end.

9767a9863fbf988b2905b2702a12dc7b.png

I was happy we're getting proper wingers. We were needing them desperately. Golden generation sounds nice but if you played this challenge, you know it's mostly meaningless.

No idea why I got a bit gloomy with that. Anyway. New players.

2e579bf17c8c6fde8dc2e9e7a4a23522.png

That's a lot of stars. No wonder, considering the state of our squad.

Signed every single one of them. Of course.

Here's the best three of the bunch.

ccefa8e7173a149069ddcc564ddf6502.png

He could have easily went into our starting XI. But he picked up an injury at the game between Youth Prospects and our greyed our U19 so his place went to candidate 22c. You'll see him soon.

As for Dragoljub... Great player. Bad, bad, bad personality.

700cf75b572388cd7e1bd68981f4d54f.png

Not that much worse from our starting duo. His place on the bench is guaranteed.

9a0179e67823902da2a0d9249b4ea552.png

Sinisa became our youngest player ever (not for long though) and our (and Prva liga's) youngest goalscorer. It's fair to say he had an instant impact.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. We've got what we wanted, wingers, decent goalie (exactly what we needed, considering our situation). I could do with a proper DC or two, maybe another left back, some creativity in midfield...

Wishful thinking. Maybe next time. Can't get it all at once.

Squad

13b1388d05d20e76a51a836869d18418.png

Wrong players are getting old. Gavrilovic, Bosancic, can't imagine our side without them. Bosancic was fantastic but I'm not sure he has another season at top level in his legs. But we have no other options.

Lots of kids in there. Trial by fire next year, baby!

96490d3d1b9518ed0532b59dce9a112e.png

No transfers made.

Finances are decent. For now. Not sure it'll stay that way for long...

9fac2ca309d93ab01bb0cf8eeac252f2.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, old SI... No bugs has been fixed from the past version, heck, now it's even worse. (Speaking for Serbian leagues)

There's still no Code of Conduct for previously unplayable sides.

Preseason for newly promoted side is now just one week (it was two last year). So we're playing three friendlies in that one week and we're dropped off to Super liga. Nice.

This one is new. Promoted side doesn't automatically become professional. I had to ask the board. And they agreed, but only at the end of the season. Til then, we're only semi pro side in a league full of professionals.

Cherry on top, not a bug, just my annoyance. Since I'm ranting anyway. One of our top prospect is off to Partizan. Peanuts + percentages. My doing. Board accepted 40k + add ons from Red star. Luckily, Sinisa chose wisely.

9 hours ago, Winski said:

FC_Viktoria_1889_Berlin_Logo_svg.thumb.png.5afbb4584773fc70feb6f139ab013acc.png

FC Viktoria 1889 Berlin
End of season 2030/2031 (season 10)

League Table | Competition overview | Finances | Transfers | Affiliates | Facilities | Youth intake | Manager profile | Club Overview

Well, season 10 ended again in a 4th place in the Bundesliga. We are far away from becoming champions, because Dortmund are next level. They win almost all their games in the Bundesliga. But I'm very happy with this 4th place, because that means we qualified for the Champions League again!
Our debut in the CL was a good one. We managed to qualify from our Group. In the 1st Knockout Round we played against Norwich City. At home 1-1, and away 2-2, so we won on awaygoals!
In the Quarter Final we draw Inter Milan, but they were too good. We lost both matches with 3-0, so our adventure ended here. But a Qtr Final in our first CL season is very good!
Guido Riedeberger 26o, our GK, had the highest avr Rating this season, 7.11. Our topscorer this season was Christoph Lensch 28b, with a total of 17 goals and 8 assists. Radosław Kościelniak 30b made his debut this season, scoring 3 goals in 7 matches.
We also got some more foreign affiliates, the list is growing and growing. And we also got Karlsruhe(2. Bundesliga) as an affiliate to send some players on loan.
Q8wLPp7.pngDRcJo78.png

Youth intake
Another Golden Generation intake, with some nice talents!
J7RGP6L.png
eJX0ZuB.png
3CfDcje.pngCzlYuR8.png1uvfZKk.pngGcTbgoy.pngWZ2S6bi.pngmUzmngR.png

I'm not sure if I can complete the challenge. With FM22 around the corner, I can probably play 1 or 2 more seasons with Viktoria Berlin. That won't be enough to win the CL I guess. But still, it    was a great save. Germany is a fantastic country for youth only challenges and I can recommend it to anyone who never tried Germany before.

lhnEXns.png

Great job ! getting into the quarter final from the CL in season 10 is very good.

image.png.9535d3c8fd6e5104d3e029c36727c8a6.png

ACN Siena 1904 – Season 28 – 2048/49 Season Youth Intake

1434855701_2049YouthIntake.thumb.png.0c5c6e9a559480b82ec33148bae57a81.png

So our latest youth intake arrived and it wasn't the greatest intake in the world, but it was still an intake that I was pretty pleased about.

112516486_HugoHals.thumb.png.c302d5b2b5cb0db76ffc235e7ecc5e13.png

The main reason I was so pleased was the arrival of Hugo Hals, who despite the fact I will be making this my last season gives me hope for the CB position, he has all of the attributes that I'd want in an BPD, so he was pretty good to see arrive.

746977889_AngeloPavone.thumb.png.65f11d75b71a03491f1b9d20b77abc54.png

The last player that had more than 3 stars of potential ability was Angelo Pavone, but his position is filled with so much talent that it might be pretty difficult for him to get a look into the first team in the future, the poor soul.

Vikeologist's 39th and almost certainly final Folkestone Intake Report and 35th and 36th Intake Reviews 

See the source image

20211016120812_1.thumb.jpg.eed5d0ab7c4a6282a750b47f3befab58.jpg

Almost certainly my last intake, and as such not really important, but one very nice player here who I might just stick straight into the first team for the short time left in this save.

There’s somebody somewhere getting a very promising son in their last intake before the new game, but of course I’ve already had one son. And he wasn’t promising.

20211016121325_1.thumb.jpg.16c44057101711c0b5c046f2a20a8ce8.jpg

Germano 39a – To be honest, I’m more likely to start him on the sub’s bench as my 2 starters are doing sort of ok. I don’t usually throw the kids straight in, to allow them to develop, but it doesn’t matter now.

Might as well do 2 reviews

YP35 Review

Here’s what I wrote

My top prospect looks like a lot of work. Promising and not exactly a bad personality, but will need to be treated with kid gloves. I’m even going to give him the nickname.

Colin 'Kid Gloves' Joseph 35a – Temperamental

Colin Joseph 35a – Central defender who turned out to be a wonderkid. Pity he didn’t come through earlier. If I continued the save he’d probably become a club legend. As I’ve discussed in the past, the temperamental personality was never a problem at all. He’s Fairly Determined now.

Jamie Hayes 35b – Left back, and I’ll be honest. I hadn’t noticed how much he’d developed. Becoming a starter from now on. All his appearances this season have been as a sub.

YP36 Review

How it started

There’s a few potentially good players here. None of my recent right backs have threatened my long time starter who’s 30 now, and my top prospect is too short for me to use him in the centre, so let’s see how he gets on.

Darius Westwood 36a – My right back is still going at the age of 33, so Darius has become the starter in central defence alongside Colin Joseph. Short as he may be, that’s probably his best position anyway.

Georgia / 1st league / Kolkheti 1913 Poti / 2022 / Season 2

jr1fVe9.png

Season 1

Youth intake 2022

GbSACh3.jpg

Indeed, it's an excellent group of players. The preview was 100% correct. It is not very clear how an Irishman (Gareth Campbell) arrived to Georgia, but it doesn't matter : he's a pretty good and useful player.

5e7iUUB.jpg

The best four players we got at intake :

P3YaNf6.jpg

And now, the final table : yes, the team has relegated. It's not surprising because the best players in my team would be used (at most) as reserves by other teams in the first league. To be honest, the only surprising fact is the successful promotion in the previous season. I was probably very lucky.

dD0vqt7.jpg

Other details : media prediction, players' stats, results.

Transfers :

KoEEvwT.jpg

Squad :

J0cMDwM.jpg

The other two club's teams : Kolkheti 2 and Kolkheti U18

The manager has developed a bit more : now he has a National B license. Club's finances are fine, although the available budget (wages + transfers) has been reduced from 1500000 (current season) to only 750000 (next season). In terms of facilities ... junior coaching is now "adequate".

L5egAUG.jpg

image.png.24aee262a894a235923b10ece01e7f01.png

ACN Siena 1904 – Season 28 – 2048/49 Season Review

796679238_FinalLeagueTable.png.e388ae68278f7cc2fbb5ababa4a3ac3f.png

After 16 seasons in the league, we have finally qualified for the Champions League for the very first time, though it was at this moment that I confess on not wanting to do another season of the save with FM 22 coming out so soon. I like the idea of ending this on this sort of high where we can claim to have gotten a top 3 finish for the very first time in the club's history in Serie A. It's not a title win, but it's still better than nothing, especially since we for the very first time ever got two top 7 finishes in a row, it felt nice.

1847660655_ResultsJanuary-May.png.3adb04322d01fbe19e88b690f540ea23.png

At one point we were actually top of the table, but as you can see, we started losing more than we drew and we lost to some teams that we needed to beat. We did managed to beat Juventus 3-1 however, so we did finish unbeaten against them, but I look at some of these results and wonder what could have been, especially in Janury, April and May. We were unlucky against PSV, and any other team we probably would have beaten them, but it just wasn't to be.

2048337500_HollandwantsGardens.png.78897474cb9ecb14363d33c66738d32d.png

I got offered the Hollands job in April too, after their previous manager left them for Newcastle, I said no.

1837522380_PartnershipwithVarazdinconfirmed.png.e1215fbc16b9d3de9c372ef5f8a9d0d2.png

I also convinced the board to form a link with Croatian side Varaždin after the season finished too, which was nice.

One more thing. My former player Giuseppe De Biasi is a manager now, and he managed to win the Lega Pro Girone B in his first full season in charge of the club. I am very proud of him.

334606693_SeasonStats.png.53754b36cfe927ba9ee25357b64061ce.png

23 minutes ago, JLAB said:

it was at this moment that I confess on not wanting to do another season of the save with FM 22 coming out so soon.

nooo! you were getting so close!

I kinda liked how we were having really similar saves as well!

nuneaton-borough-badge | Chorley FC

Nuneaton Borough Season Review 2040/2041

Competitions

EFL Championship - 9th position - (League table)

FA Cup - lost in 5th round

Carabao Cup - lost in 4th round

Our fourth season in the Championship went well and we continued to progress. The results were mixed for most of the season, with us losing just slightly more than we won. This pattern continued right through until around March, and with us only drawing a handful of games, we sat comfortably mid-table. We hit our worst form at this point and had lost four games in a row, the fourth being our exit in the 5th round of the FA Cup (our best performance to date). But, just as I prepared for a stressful run in, our form improved and we went on a run of 8 games unbeaten. Managing to win 6 of them. This catapulted us up the league, to a really pleasing 9th place. It was interesting watching how Leicester and Crystal Palace dominated the league, making like work of returning to the Premier league. Palace's striker got 47 league goals! 

image.png.fbdba3ce2d08a29804b227add2bb3d9e.png

Playing Squad

This season felt like the point where the quality in the squad is established and we can be competitive. Some really impressive development in our young centre backs and goalkeeper have made us much more solid at the back, the two centre backs being the only players achieving an average rating above 7 for the season. With the way Premier league teams swoop in for our best players, I expect these three lads are destined for bigger things, but they had a huge part to play in our performance. Michael O' Hara (38b) is our standout performer, this season he played in a more advanced position and performed really well, scoring 18 goals in all competitions. 

image.png.871699b8ae7c0b07a16d95a5b1570816.png

Youth Intake

This appears to be a brilliant intake, with talented players in positions we lack depth. Danny Doran (41c) is the stand out, he is still 15 years old but could get our bench already. He's an imposing striker and he could play a huge part in us reaching the Premier League.

Patrick Weller (41a)

Justice Howe (41b)

Danny Doran (41c)

Finances, Facilities and Transfers

We move into our new stadium in June 2041, so will start next year with hopefully 10,000 more fans at home games. Loads of interest in a few of our players, if I can navigate this and keep most of the best in the first team, I could see us finishing in the top half again, I can't imagine us getting into the playoffs though, I think that is beyond us. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:25, DazRTaylor said:

So I am in that limbo that occurs when the new FM is close.  Have you decided what saves you are going to do youth wise in FM22?

As always, I will do an FM United one.  Also, I thoroughly enjoyed my eighth tier Dutch save with Babberich so will go back there, though with a different club, once the database is out.  Ditto, lower Scottish leagues.  May try Andorra again.  So much I want to do.  Less than two weeks to go!

I've no idea of what I wanna do on FM22 yet. It's odd as usually by now I have a list of teams I'm thinking of but haven't even started to look yet. Might start this week. Not played FM for a month now and starting to get the itch again but pointless loading it up now really :D 

On 15/10/2021 at 02:37, glennuk said:

So I know I can keep the existing players at the club when I take over, but can I sign them to new contracts as well, or do I need to let them go at the end of their contracts?

Just starting now (but on FM20) so just checking.

In case you're still wondering, you can give them contract extensions yes. 

On 15/10/2021 at 10:37, glennuk said:

So I know I can keep the existing players at the club when I take over, but can I sign them to new contracts as well, or do I need to let them go at the end of their contracts?

Just starting now (but on FM20) so just checking.

Anyone know the answer to this?

1 minute ago, keeper#1 said:

You can sign them to new contracts.  You just can't bring anyone new into the club unless they come from your youth academy.

Thanks. That is what I thought. I kept a save file before offering new contracts as I was worried just in case. Using this as my test run in FM20 before FM22 comes out.

Taking over Erfurt.

Edited screenshot slightly as I had more personal details than I realised on it :kriss:

Am okay to put an FM2020 attempt in here or should I revive the old thread?

fmtest.jpg

Edited by glennuk

Vikeologist's 2059/60 Folkestone Season Report

See the source image

20211018082727_1.thumb.jpg.467c717fe0058e1f3a2c9f2485761007.jpg

If I was hoping for a breakthrough in what will probably be my last completed season, it never happened. In fact our points tally was the worse of our 3 seasons back in the big league, and I don’t have the excuse that I was playing my youngsters at the end of the season. Other than a terrible start, we weren’t in danger of relegation. Basically my challenge seems doomed to end in a disappointing and boring manner.

The last 8 seasons of the challenge have been bottom of the table relegation. 4 seasons on the Championship missing out on the playoffs. One nice promotion season and now 3 seasons of bottom half mediocrity. Sometimes the way challenges go can just choke the enthusiasm out of you.

The board won’t build a new stadium, which I entertain hope would be named after me. I guess if they agree to it now I’d have to stay around for it’s completion. We’ve been selling out our 20,000 capacity stadium for years with no option to expand it, and we have enough money to build a new one for giggles. They just won’t do it.

Given that I probably won’t complete it, I might just chuck all my youngsters into the first team next season. I can’t be relegated if I stop playing.

20211018084211_1.thumb.jpg.2a4e50956b8b9eb926745df94fb35f87.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Dave Jackson 21b / Dan Jones 27e – 14

I think 14 might be the worst of the challenge. For context, in our one relegation season, Jackson scored 19.

After only 2 sub appearances last season, I gave Dan Jones another chance, and he was more effective than my veteran Jackson, but to be clear, not great.

The striker position is clearly a problem.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) Dan Jones 27e – 6.95

Probably a new record (low).

Man of The Match – Dave Jackson 21b / Dan Jones 27e – 3

Likewise

Most Valuable Player– Colin Joseph 35a

My ex-temperamental wonderkid. I have 2 wonderkids. I wonder why they don’t play well. Probably because they’re both so miserable being in this shirtshow of a team.

Most Appearances (Regens) – Dave Jackson 21b - 730

My 39th report, and for the first time ever it’s not my ‘nephew’ Jason ‘Nepotism’ Ramsay 1a whose tally of 719 has finally been surpassed. Having beaten the record it’s probably time to travel back in time 2 or 3 seasons and put him out to pasture.

Most Goals (Regens) – Michael Morgan 9a 463

Dave Jackson has 429 goals now, which sort of undercuts the appearances record. Veni Vidi Vidiocre.

Barry Ramsay 29k (Son) Update

Just a mentor to the U18s. I’m going to try to sell him to see if he can get league football somewhere, and more importantly, move out of the house so we can have his room fumigated.

Season	Division		Position	Notes							MVP										
21/22	VNL South		18th		Steered clear of relegaton thanks to good start.	Callum Davies
22/23	VNL South		16th		Only 2 places better, but a lot more points.		Henry Newcombe
23/24	VNL South		18th		Big step backwards in points.				David Smith
24/25	VNL South		15th		Consistently mediocre.					David Smith
25/26	VNL South		14th		Just outside playoffs for most of the season.		David Smith
26/27	VNL South		16th		Otherwise known as the year 1AD (After Discipline)	Ellis Andrews 2c
27/28	VNL South		19th		Narrowly avoided relegation places all season		David Smith
28/29	VNL South		15th		Tried different tactics. Didn't find a magic bean.	David Smith
29/30	VNL South		7th		Lost playoff semifinal, but a great improvement.	Ellis Andrews 2c
30/31	VNL South		12th		Second half slump into mid-table disappointment		David Smith
31/32	VNL South		7th		Lost in S/F of playoff					Ellis Andrews 2c
32/33	VNL South		9th		Didn't threaten playoffs				Ellis Drake 10a
33/34	VNL South		2nd		Lost last 2 matches of season and 1st playoff game.	Michael Morgan 9a
34/35	VNL South		4th		Knocked out Playoffs 1st round on penalties		Michael Morgan 9a
35/36	VNL South		6th		Knocked out in Playoff semifinal			Michael Morgan 9a
36/37	VNL South		5th		Knocked out in Playoff semifinal			Giorgos Kragiopoulos 11a
37/38	VNL South		1st		Won the league by a mile. 17th time lucky.		Michael Morgan 9a 
38/39	VNL National		1st		Back to back comfortable promotions			Jack Collett 13a 
39/40	League 2		2nd		Won last 5 matches securing automatic promotion.	Jack Collett 13a 
40/41	League 1		11th		Pushing for promotion most of the season		Jack Collett 13a 
41/42	League 1		5th		Lost in playoffs semifinal				Michael Morgan 9a 
42/43	League 1		8th		Losing streak, winning streak and then injuries		Kevin Spencer 17d
43/44	League 1		7th		One place outside playoffs.				Kevin Spencer 17d
44/45	League 1		12th		Outside playoffs all season. New stadium.		Pete Larkin 18d
45/46	League 1		2nd		Promoted last day of the season. 			Dave Jackson 21b 
46/47	Championship		20th		Plummetted near to relegation zone			Dave Jackson 21b 
47/48	Championship		15th		Terrible start but mid table safety after that.		Steven 'Shamrock' Larkin 21d 
48/49	Championship		14th		Good start but dropped away from playoffs.		Liam Carter 25d 
49/50	Championship		15th		Boring & disappointing season				Dave Jackson 21b 
50/51	Championship		4th		Promoted through playoffs.				Ross Gethins 22c
51/52	Premier League		20th		Won once in 2nd half of season and relegated.		Dave Jackson 21b
52/53	Championship		8th		Typical second half of the season collapse.		Dave Jackson 21b 
53/54	Championship		7th		Missed out on playoffs in final match injury time	Dan Jones 27e
54/55	Championship		7th		Missed playoffs on final day for 3rd season in a row.	Dave Jackson 21b
55/56	Championship		7th		Missed playoffs on final day for 4th season in a row.	Alex Taylor 21e
56/57	Championship		2nd		Promoted on final day of the season. 			Mohamed Kargbo 33a
57/58	Premier League		13th		Never in relegaton danger.				Mohamed Kargbo 33a
58/59	Premier League		15th		More mid-tableship.					Colin Joseph 35a
59/60	Premier League		15th		Never in danger of relegation or being any good.	Colin Joseph 35a

Torslanda_IK_logo2_200.png.9f5055a07d7ffa91a19252a0195008c1.png

Torslanda Idrottsklubb - Sweden - ETTAN Fotboll DIV1 Södra (Tier3) - 2023 - season 3 review 

Intro
<FM21 - custom, edited database used>

- League  - Squad  - Finance - Transfers - Transfer 22 - missed last time

League

Worse performance than last year, maybe I overestimated our ability. Only our very best players rated good and decent for DIV1 Ettan and have Superettan potential, most of our players only good for DIV2 for now. From that perspective our position and performance was reasonable. I was still somewhat disappointed with the season as we managed to grab less points than last year and finished 8th compared to 6th place of last year. Rudin was incredible and banged 27 goals during the year. I tied him as long as I can, hopefully we can keep him. Nevertheless I have a really good feeling about this season and rate it as a turning point in our campaign for the top football as it is helped me to realize and learn one fundamental element: personality.

I was aware that good personality is a key factor in youth development but it makes day and night difference really now. As far as I see it is not just translates into better training performance therefore better development but also plays roles in the performance on the pitch. Also the general personality of the squad helps improve the individual players much more than I thought. Even without dedicated mentoring its forms players personality on noticeable level. Maybe in case of older iteration of the game (for the record: I only played the series up to FM16) was the same but the visualization of training performance makes it more visible. Academy products with good personality always on the top of the chart and existing guys takes bottom places on the training performance table and barely improve if at all. Realizing and learning this changed my attitude drastically.

• I will only sign youths with good personality without exception even if the potential ability is lower.
  • Only will sign youth with mediocre personality if he is a clear future star for us.
  • Replace my all existing "inherited" players as soon as I can with academy products with good personality even if current ability is (much) lower.

Furthermore I also have other observations during the season that may help me improve as a manager: 

• I cannot mastermind a defensively sound tactic. Its always harm more than it helps so I will stick to our standard more or less working attacking tactic and only adjust it slightly against the actual opponent: I will try to outgun them and hope that our defensive players will improve enough to make our team defense more competitive.
  • It is worth to pay at least one scout to help to get know better our upcoming opponent even on this level. I was blind so far in that perspective.
  • All promoted DIV1 Ettan side relegate immediately back without any question mark. Definitely the biggest obstacle for us in this challenge will be to reach that bar. Superettan contains only professional, established sides and it will be hard to grab a position there. It is not worth to chase a miracle promotion than get a harsh reality check. I must focus on build a fairly professional squad slowly but steady and go further step-by-step. On short term maybe it means suffering but I am sure that on long term it will pay out.
  • I must manually control the U19 selection as the manager field players on different position that I want to.

Youth intake - preview
I think our improved junior coaching started kicking in. The general current abilities noticeable higher than the last two intake. Also our U19 team promoted to premier division that consist Allsvenska sides as well and reached respectable league position. I think it is a good sign to our future. All signed players will spend one year in U19 team than most of them will go to first squad.

361883253_Youthintake.thumb.png.695d398677257bccdf2bada43b36afcc.png

Our next towering DC. Will be moved to senior team after one year.

P_Hjelm.thumb.png.4cf112943f80172d4273adcd2387d47f.png

I have a big hope in this guy, he should solve our DL position soon. Need to improve his pace and agility.

P_Erixon.thumb.png.2f986b17eea0ad2ae66dab01fe91ad6c.png

Other
We had 46k € loss for the year, the youth and junior coaching cost us lot but we do not have any other choice.

Just after the season end I managed to sign an incredible HoYD. After completing his coaching course (I think he started it before he joined us as it was continental pro course) his professionality also have been highlighted so hopefully it also means that he has high professionality. I still cannot believe that he sign to Torslanda, cost a lot though. He was an active player when the game started if I am not mistaken :eek: I am sure that he will able to help us to fulfill the potential of our current youth and junior facilities. 

1045735188_GashiHoYD.thumb.png.af1c8f36b9f7abbf7ed1d560e9c9cc17.png

Next season most of the squad member will be academy product and I plan to keep only Blank (GK) and Davidsson (AMC) and maybe Backlund (AMR/L) on longer term. They usually put good training performance on the table and have acceptable personalities. All that matter is now to avoid relegation and focus on youths with good personality and provide them everything in order their development. Field them even if they have lower CA. Get rid of all players that have bad personality.

Summary

SummaryTable.png.e258172dacbb6583f54709fb587a7482.png

Sorry for the wall of text and for my poor English but I really feel that I have a personal enlightment now :) 

29 minutes ago, szasinka said:

Torslanda_IK_logo2_200.png.9f5055a07d7ffa91a19252a0195008c1.png

Torslanda Idrottsklubb - Sweden - ETTAN Fotboll DIV1 Södra (Tier3) - 2023 - season 3 review 

Sorry for the wall of text and for my poor English but I really feel that I have a personal enlightment now :) 

What do you think are good personalities? What is your squad personality now? What personality does your HoYD have? (This last one doesn't have a huge effect on intake personalities, but the small effect is important).

I definitely play this like Personality Manager, and personality definitely can affect whether I keep or sign intake players. 

However, if a player has potential but a terrible personality, you can at least get his determination and work rate up to 20 or close without mentoring, so be careful.

I do agree though that in the early stages of a challenge, it might be a good idea to get rid of mediocre players with bad personalities, but make sure you are sure which are bad personalities. 

There seems to be a real debate. I get the sense that on this challenge most of us think that professionalism is the most important, whereas on tactics they will take you down a dark alley and stab you if you suggest that determination and ambition are not every bit as important.

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

What do you think are good personalities? What is your squad personality now? What personality does your HoYD have? (This last one doesn't have a huge effect on intake personalities, but the small effect is important).

I definitely play this like Personality Manager, and personality definitely can affect whether I keep or sign intake players. 

However, if a player has potential but a terrible personality, you can at least get his determination and work rate up to 20 or close without mentoring, so be careful.

I do agree though that in the early stages of a challenge, it might be a good idea to get rid of mediocre players with bad personalities, but make sure you are sure which are bad personalities. 

There seems to be a real debate. I get the sense that on this challenge most of us think that professionalism is the most important, whereas on tactics they will take you down a dark alley and stab you if you suggest that determination and ambition are not every bit as important.

I rate the following personalities as good: Fairly Professional, Model Citizen, Model Professional, Perfectionist, Professional, Resolute. And the following media handlings are good as well: Evasive, Level headed, Reserved. I agree with you that ambition and determination also important so I wont sign any youth with Unambitious or Low Determination trait anymore. For me Its more about to avoid these players/youths with clear bad personalities as they may have bad impact on others, and it was not the case earlier I think, at least I did not recognize it.

My squad personality rated as fairly professional right now as per the club info page, it was fairly loyal . My new HoYD has Determined personality that is not ideal I think but he has far superior attributions than the next available target with better personality.

What really shocked me just now that players training performance and their development how greatly differentiate based on their personalities. If my memory serves well in older versions of the game my youths with not so good personality also developed an acceptable level and could become really good player but now their level is only stagnate. Maybe it is due that my side now only semi-professional and the personalities have greater effect compered to a profession side where players get more training, do not know.

@Padders Your enthusiasm really amaze me, Sir! :applause:

Edited by szasinka

40 minutes ago, szasinka said:

I rate the following personalities as good: Fairly Professional, Model Citizen, Model Professional, Perfectionist, Professional, Resolute. And the following media handlings are good as well: Evasive, Level headed, Reserved. I agree with you that ambition and determination also important so I wont sign any youth with Unambitious or Low Determination trait anymore. For me Its more about to avoid these players/youths with clear bad personalities as they may have bad impact on others, and it was not the case earlier I think, at least I did not recognize it.

My squad personality rated as fairly professional right now as per the club info page, it was fairly loyal . My new HoYD has Determined personality that is not ideal I think but he has far superior attributions than the next available target with better personality.

What really shocked me just now that players training performance and their development how greatly differentiate based on their personalities. If my memory serves well in older versions of the game my youths with not so good personality also developed an acceptable level and could become really good player but now their level is only stagnate. Maybe it is due that my side now only semi-professional and the personalities have greater effect compered to a profession side where players get more training, do not know.

I mean, I disagree that unambitious is a bad personality. I mean, it is bad, but it has advantages for this challenge, in that the players aren't so keen to leave. Then again, I'm stuck in a rut. That could be due to low ambition in my squad. As for Low Determination, you can fix that very quickly with fining for poor performance. Look at the screenshot of my squad above.

I'm not denying that personality is important in development, but you sound in danger of overestimating its importance. if your squad is fairly pro already, you're already in a good position.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I know English isn't your first language so you can either look up the idiom or just decide that I'm dangerously crazy and shouldn't be trusted with babies.

1 hour ago, szasinka said:

So are you saying determined is not good for HOYD?

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

I mean, I disagree that unambitious is a bad personality. I mean, it is bad, but it has advantages for this challenge, in that the players aren't so keen to leave. Then again, I'm stuck in a rut. That could be due to low ambition in my squad. As for Low Determination, you can fix that very quickly with fining for poor performance. Look at the screenshot of my squad above.

I'm not denying that personality is important in development, but you sound in danger of overestimating its importance. if your squad is fairly pro already, you're already in a good position.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I know English isn't your first language so you can either look up the idiom or just decide that I'm dangerously crazy and shouldn't be trusted with babies.

I think I get your point. I will try not to overestimating the importance of personality but I will be rather conservative. I am still willing to sign a really good prospect with bad personality but I try to keep the amount of them low to not hinder the development of other prospects.

Yes, I saw your team determination, impressive. My manager avatars' attribute for level of discipline is 19 already, all other hovering around 10, I make sure that I use this feature extensively :)

:lol: we have literally the same idiom

@Padders I saying there is better in my humble opinion. Still rated as good in my book but not as good as professional for example.

Edited by szasinka

2 hours ago, szasinka said:

I am still willing to sign a really good prospect with bad personality but I try to keep the amount of them low to not hinder the development of other prospects.

the only ones i avoid are the really bad personalities. mediocre personalities always get a go with me, sometimes they come good, sometimes their personality changes for the better. it's often worth a gamble.

6 hours ago, szasinka said:

I always use my sheets (created after reading a lot of information about personalities) with some kind of calculation behind it. I found out that players with Mercenary personality can develop very good.

In some cases the media handling is also very important but that is something you already knew.

4 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

Hoogstraten_VV.png.7518bb57e0bb454de85399a04f96c4fa.png

Belgium

Division 1A

2044/45 (season 24)

Season Summary

Another great season for us - we won the league again! And it was much more satisfying than last time as well. season before last Anderlecht were taken over by a tycoon and have since spunked £500m on players. And we beat them!!!!

League - Weirdly, we started the season playing really badly, but somehow kept scraping results. 11 games in and we were 9-1-1, despite being sub-par for most of those games. Christmas we really hit our stride and were pretty much brilliant all the way through, only losing through being FM'd. The end of the season saw us win 8 straight, going on one of those runs where you expect every game to be 4 or 5 nil. We were brilliant! and for the first time finished top of the league to go into the championship group as favourites!

45leaguetable.JPG.3492ebefbb316221e529381ddf3f0017.JPG45startchampgroup.JPG.6c53b089de1fb6efe3d82d86b7e325d8.JPG

past experience has taught me that those slim margins are easily lost once the championship group gets going. Its essentially 6 cup finals.

we started with a 1-1 draw against Bruge, which was ok. We then had our nearest rivals at Anderlecht at home. A defeat would have put them above us so it was a hugely important game - we were brilliant and won 3-0. Then we beat Standard 3-1 at home and we were 1 victory away from being champions!

We could claim the title with our next game, home against Brugge. Except we couldn't, as they beat us 4-0. So now i Started getting nervous. two away games left at Anderlecht and Standard. Lose them both and Anderlecht could steal the title.

So we went to Anderlecht.......

456-3.JPG.fc9db52804d045df2498f36a9560268e.JPG and won in style!

45chamionsiptable.JPG.105e5e75b52e40254990ecf2a9f835e9.JPG45champsions.JPG.84a9df6502d0b74b25054faf6f182790.JPG

Champions League - It wasn't such good news in the CL. We had to go into the qualifying rounds and we really weren't playing well, so it wasn't a huge surprise when we went out before the group stage. Annoying though!

45champsleague.JPG.dc944ad2ac23d218c8d34c0e09a96453.JPG

Europa League - Usually a bit of a laugh but we seemed to struggle a bit this season. Except when we had Zenit at home. That was fun

45europa.JPG.83294490f895db8da8a6e904166119aa.JPG

Players

So another reason this was so much better than the first title win was the team. Five of my first choice XI this season were from the class of '41! What a year that is turning out to be. They're all 19 or 20 and were amazing all season. Even better, i had two other graduates from '41 on loan and they both did really well. I could field a side with 7 from that generation next season and still compete!

45bestXI.JPG.258e672195bdbcd47fa97cc6f484a433.JPG

Edu Guerreiro 41A - started the season at the olympics, came back tired and then picked up niggly injuries. He was mediocre as a result until around christmas, after which he exploded. I got him signed on a 5 year contract but he insisted on a 52m release clause, which looks likely to be triggered this summer. Just won his first cap for Brazil, Barcelona are interested, there's no way I'm gonna keep him much longer. He's so good now he pretty much caused everyone else to drop a star in ability!

Elias Goris 41F - The fairy tale continues! he won his first belgium caps this season!

Mark Scott 41D - My English midfielder got his chance this season, mainly as I was desperate for a hlaf decent midfielder. Turns out he is one! bonus!

Abdou Toure 41B - I wasn't too happy about playing two 19 year olds in the middle of the park but honestly, the pickings are so slim in that position I figured it was worth a gamble. And it really was, he's easily better than the rest

Senne Tilburgs 41E - Another desperate move. Right wing was a weak spot for years and I couldn't get anyone to work there. So i figuered why not again. And it worked! 17 goals and 16 assissts from right wing in his first season is pretty good!

youth

oo, look! another golden generation! another 2041, right?

45youthpreview.JPG.c6ec6182921bf670ff5c20e42025bae9.JPG

oh, maybe not. But if Guerreiro is causing seismic shifts in everyones ratings, that 4 star prospct has got to be really good, right?

45youthintake.JPG.a7d94fdf1ab51c22ff7a765a5263fc70.JPG

Career

I'm still enjoying this save so I'm gonna keep on trucking, see if i can create some sort of miracle and win the CL.

45careeer.thumb.JPG.fd96477fa94f3588c5939af93a1612cd.JPG

Great job , winning it with Hoogstraten (two times already) is great . Winning the CL would be very special and almost not possible but i hope u can do it.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:25, DazRTaylor said:

Have you decided what saves you are going to do youth wise in FM22?

Not sure where I'll start on the beta, but once the editor is out, I'm going to recreate the lower league Norwegian leagues again and probably have a long go there.

image.png.83e11fc657a1f55dd2f89b3420eb31f4.png

Season 15 - Volsungur FC

Competitions - As usual the league has been won again. In the Cups we played the reserves again and got to the semi final of each of them. We did not do great in Europe we drew against Hannover twice and lost twice against PSG before a draw and a loss against Porto. We managed to get into the next season of the Champions League Group Stage by beating Kastrioti, Astana and Celtic. 

Finances - Very decent Champions League money again

Transfers - Not to bad as we got rid of a few players on loan and few players for cash who would not be used. One of our bright sparks left top go to Inter

Intatke - Not great would be looking for a little more really

Stars

Jaques Mervil - A very decent winger, who has played well over the last few years

Felix Tomasson -The man just keeps scoring over and over again he is a legend

Hrannar Snaer Palmason - One of our better players who did very well again

esisgiv.png?1

Torslanda_IK_logo2_200.png.47bb4047d9551e2653654cd8f9df5110.png

Torslanda Idrottsklubb - Sweden - ETTAN Fotboll DIV1 Södra (Tier3) - 2024: season 4 review

Intro

<FM21 - custom, edited database used>

- League  - Squad  - Finance - Transfers -

League

This season went much better than last two. We played much better football through the season and our defense also consolidated only I am still struggle to make fullbacks to play better. Only had few matches where we were really unlucky or the opponent have superb game and we lost. One of them cost us the title. We went to the play off and statistically we were the better side but eventually we lost it to AFC Eskilstuna. Not a single side from ETTAN division 1 managed to win promotion/relegation play off against Superettan side from 2020. This fact just underline the gap between the two tiers. I do not mind that we will remain in this division for few more seasons. My young and unexperienced squad still have to grow to be competitive in Superettan sometime then. At least we had a record making season:

news.png.53158f7d444d0577c6bad5cec6dd5e2b.png

Once again Rudin was our star player who develops really well. Lindh, Davidsson also had a good season along side with our first choice CD pair.

We participated in the cup as well. Nothing to write home, beat a lower division side at the first round then lost to an Allsvenska side.

Youth intake - preview

I am satisfied with this intake. The reported PA decreased all over the board but it is may be due to Rudin who is rated high now. Two promising wingers and other useful prospect with good personalities. We have promising youths now for all position and no desperate need.

1363137666_Youthintake.thumb.png.fa46b32957232b286414120c0516c790.png

He is really small but very quick. 

P_Larsson.thumb.png.ae46f9b52a419dc8d4ec8593073149d3.png

He is really big and nimble. They would be rather interesting looking winger pair.

2031810096_P_Lindn.thumb.png.523418be98034f41e2f0ce0034edf1b1.png

Other

We had 27k € loss for the year less then previously.

Unfortunately we lost our best U19 coach whom we can not replace with same quality, sad day in the office. We also lost our two Kiwi midfielders on free. They requested too much wage that I do not willing to provide them. I am not fully comfortable that they leave but have to live with that. We will be a young and inexperienced team for the next season so I expect some drop in our performance.

Our U19 team managed to win their premier division group and the play off semi final. They lost only to IFK Norrköping U19 in the final. I sense it is a good sign to our future but I do not know what other teams do with their much superior youth set-up.

I won't get any further upgrade if we do not improve our reputation and/or finance situation significantly.

Summary

SummaryTable.png.7c49219c3be5c8b21e27d9df9c8e6669.png

Hi everyone,

Don't know if this was asked again, but i have a question regarding players that are on loan at the club when u join them.

1. Can you extend loans of players already at the club when u join ?

2. Can you approach to sign players that are on loan at the club from the beginning ? (Approach to sign them when they run out of contract, not offer to buy them)

Edited by Tazz__

1 hour ago, Tazz__ said:

Hi everyone,

Don't know if this was asked again, but i have a question regarding players that are on loan at the club when u join them.

1. Can you extend loans of players already at the club when u join ?

2. Can you approach to sign players that are on loan at the club from the beginning ? (Approach to sign them when they run out of contract, not offer to buy them)

Loans are still transfers, so no on both counts.

Hoogstraten_VV.png.f1a373a02e02045d25c183b9bcaf704a.png

Belgium

Division 1A

2045/46 (season 25)

Season Summary

Our best season yet! And all down to 1 man.....

League - We were brilliant all season. Went top early doors and stayed there, sweeping all before us. By the end of the season the table looked like this:-

46leaguetable.JPG.e42eb853ffc20e3ef5d9447bb0dfec46.JPG

Easy champions right? If only Belgium were so sipmple. The championshp group halves your points so we went in to it only 6 points ahead of Anderlecht. In a 6 game league, 6 points is a lot, but it also could only take 2 games to throw it away. And that's how many it took us to throw it away

46champgroup.JPG.5ce0e12a1205c3d211c9e35bbe93b5f2.JPG

First game we lost to Anderlecht, second we lost to Genk while Anderlecht beat Brugge. 4 games to play and it was level points at the top. we then beat Brugge and drew with Anderlecht, meaning we were both level with 2 to play. We beat Genk and drew with Brugge giving us a 1 point lead, meaning that Anderlecht had to beat Brugge in their final game to overhaul us and take the title. It finished Brugge 1 Anderecht 0 and we could celebrate another title win!

46champgroupfinal.JPG.24df88cdb9c7a453c3978d2a00a3f1d7.JPG46champsagain.JPG.9751b1fbc26d7c0a38c4d99e7ef233d7.JPG

Champions League - This is the holy grail though! We've struggled up til now, so how could we do this season?

Being title winners took us straight to the group stage where we were top seeds. We drew Inter, Zenit and RB Leipzig and did ok:-

46champsgroup.JPG.1952e182ae60b239bbc59a288f5b71d8.JPG

two defeats but we managed to qualify fairly easily

46chamsgrouptable.JPG.8c37bec11e96a712d052f48389325519.JPG

The next round sent us to Milan again, this time against AC Milan.

46champsclrd1.JPG.e59c8070c5d13e61fa5c1c38fc19edaa.JPG

we scraped through but a win is a win! the quarter final took us back to Milan again, this time against Inter. we'd beaten them in the group stage so I knew we had a chance. It was a high scoring affair in the end!

46clqf.JPG.d538fcebda33910c172af39cd71937b4.JPG

Into the semi-final! potentially three games away from completing the challenge in Belgium!!! I was getting excited now, but we had to get past Atletico first.....

46clsf.JPG.b214f1eee388854c7b1ca6b148ebcc45.JPG

It was a bridge too far in the end. the absolutely hammered us in that first leg, we were lucky to only lose 3-0. so close!!! and yet.....

Players

It was the Edu Gueirreiro 41A show!

46bestXI.JPG.4451f44f0801fc60c961fb4baccb3a0a.JPG

Edu Guerreiro 41A - At times completely unplayable. He was winning games single handedly. Before christmas he had 27 goals from 21 games and all the top teams in Europe were after him. So I offered him out at £200m to try and scare them off but come January they were still all interested. But January came and went and no offers came in. I couldn't belive it! He still has that 52m release fee in his contract and no matter what i offer him he won't shift it! Made his Brazil debut this season too. what a star! if i can keep him the the Champions League isn't out of the question

Elias Goris 41F - wow. made his international debut for Belgium and was then labelled a wonderkid! another one! That was nice. Hopefully he can keep this form up, cos he's been great all season

Youth

I proper lolled at this preview. it was damned with faint praise i think.

46youthpreview.JPG.78694188e3ae38f7d7bcc9c9c8c88c07.JPG

I wasn't really sure what to expect from the intake after that, but it wasn't much. I signed up the ones with good personalities, telling myse;f that Guerreiro is so good he's completely manked up all the star ratings

46youthintake.JPG.0aab90af54881ff7a00c6045fd5648e9.JPG

Career

46career.thumb.JPG.590873985ecd595e0d15addb1ce6ff73.JPG

I decided to manage Anteguera C.F. in Spain for the simple reason that they were one of the only team with enough players. By enough, I mean 16 players on contract and no striker of note. I barely survived the season with the board disappointed in me basically for 8 months. Both the board and the fans are "excited to see how I perform in the transfer market". Hope they drop that expectation at some point.

Final table:

723504750_FootballManager20212021-10-202_20_49PM.thumb.png.acc4594a672b8b0d5bee4577a565bff4.png

Squad at the end of the season:

1097629932_FootballManager20212021-10-202_24_01PM.thumb.png.01fdfa9149bc28880f472e1a93c925bd.png

Transfers:

1120806795_FootballManager20212021-10-202_25_22PM.thumb.png.d55af5fb4303a38358f9a4873deeaeab.png

I've tagged quite a few players from the intake since I'm so weak at many positions. I've attached them all but didn't put them full screen to reduce the size of my post (hopefully that works!)...

I'm losing one of my best player in Duah-Adusei who played all matches this season on the left wing and scored 13. There are a couple more wanting to go to bigger clubs, we'll see what happens. I expect a difficult second season....

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_10_12 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_12_38 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_13_28 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_13_45 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_14_22 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_15_05 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_15_18 AM.png

Football Manager 2021 2021-10-20 11_16_11 AM.png

Edited by bg0123

xerez.png.9cc37186f1fbe9e4a8e8e5b32224b2af.png

Xerez – Season 16 (2036/37)

La Liga Despite the extra European games, we maintained our league form this season, finishing a solid 6th and qualifying for the Europa League again. We had a bit of a dismal end to the campaign, losing 5 out of our last 7 games, but luckily the teams around us also lost form so we managed to qualify with a 2-2 draw at home to Real Madrid in the penultimate game of the season.

spacer.png

Europe Our youngsters did well, getting to the quarter final of the Europa League, where we were fully outclassed by Sevilla.

Players: Our youngsters are improving and adding depth but none of them are good enough for the first team yet, with the first XI staying more or less the same as last year. Our key players were a bit inconsistent, with only the goalkeeper Karl Attard 12g and center back Alonso 10a getting ratings above 7. Juan Jose Nunez 12c continues to be our highest ability player, but he did not perform that well after being pushed up to play as shadow striker this season. The youth team won the Spain-wide youth league and cup, with English striker Jordace Wiltshire 15d being the star of the show.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Youth intake [preview]: Decent enough ability, but the position spread is not great - I think in 3 of the last 4 intakes the top prospects have been full backs… Maybe I can invent some kind of 5-2-2-1 formation to play them all and not have to play any wingers (who are pretty terrible), but I’m not quite there yet.

spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities: Fully maxed out now, and I’m getting a few foreign affiliates to try and diversify the intake.

Transfers [Xerez B transfers]: In one of those “deals that you only see in FM”, we sold our reserve right-back to PSG for £6m on deadline day, but there were no big moves otherwise.

Season    |  League               | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                   |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22   | Segunda B Grupo IV.   |  4   |     n/a        |  Lolo Garrido (AMC)             |
2022/23   | Segunda B Grupo IV    |  11  |     n/a        |  Miquel 01d (AMC)               |
2023/24   | Segunda B Grupo IV    |  5   |     n/a        |  Lolo Garrido (AMC)             |
2024/25   | Segunda B Grupo IV    |  3   |     n/a        |  Lucas Correa (DC)              | Lost in playoff final
2025/26   | Segunda B Grupo IV    |  1   |     n/a        |  Javi Gomez (MC)                | Promotion via playoffs
2026/27   | Primera RFEF Grupo II |  6   |     n/a        |  Miquel 01d (AMC)               |
2027/28   | Primera RFEF Grupo II |  3   |     n/a        |  Clement Nwachukwu 05a (AMC/ST) |
2028/29   | Primera RFEF Grupo II |  1   |     n/a        |  Sebas 01f (AMC/ST)             | Promoted
2029/30   | La Liga 2             |  16  |     n/a        |  Sebas 01f (AMC/ST)             |
2030/31   | La Liga 2             |  8   |     n/a        |  Gregorio Marin 03a (MC)        | Lost in the playoff final
2031/32   | La Liga 2             |  11  |     n/a        |  Alonso 10a (DC)                | 
2032/33   | La Liga 2             |  7   |     n/a        |  Ricardo Masero 10c (AMC/ST)    | 1 point outside of the playoff spots
2033/34   | La Liga 2             |  4   |     n/a        |  Ricardo Masero 10c (AMC/ST)    | Lost in the playoff final
2034/35   | La Liga 2             |  1   |     n/a        |  Alonso 10a (DC)                | Promoted as champions
2035/36   | La Liga               |  5   |     n/a        |  Juan Jose Nunez 12c (AMC)      | Qualified for Europa League
2036/37   | La Liga               |  6   |   Europa QF    |  Karl Attard 12g (GK)           | 

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22   |  Fairly basic |  Fairly basic     | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  800
2022/23   |  Fairly basic |  Fairly basic     | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  800
2023/24   |  Fairly basic |  Adequate         | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  800
2024/25   |  Fairly basic |  Average          | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  800
2025/26   |  Fairly basic |  Average          | Below average  |  Adequate       |  800
2026/27   |  Fairly basic |  Average          | Below average  |  Adequate       |  800
2027/28   |  Fairly basic |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  800
2028/29   |  Fairly basic |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  800
2029/30   |  Adequate     |  Excellent        | Below average  |  Below average  |  800
2030/31   |  Good         |  Exceptional      | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  800
2031/32   |  Excellent    |  Exceptional      | Average        |  Average        |  7362
2032/33   |  Excellent    |  Exceptional      | Average        |  Good           |  7362
2033/34   |  Excellent    |  Exceptional      | Average        |  Good           |  7362
2034/35   |  Excellent    |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Great          |  7362
2035/36   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Excellent      |  Superb         |  7362
2036/37   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of Art   |  State of Art   |  20523 (rented)

Edited by dkouv

jbuc1_5z9V9GHvI1weBCEftPqQSnP60lZ-VXZE6Be0oAuKfTwyauu0bUyU43TAO4bJhPAkz65UNYXRBEk8gj3B3najKdbqBEEch31N4uU_uwrQUMSvOL35Gwjkf8VDN9S8wONG4V=s1600
Erfurt – Season 1 (2020/21)
We are struggling in the league with only 18 eligible players, but the bright bit of news is the Youth Intake Preview. We literally only have 1 LB, 1 RB and 2 CBs, anytime they are injured CMs or wingers cover their spots. I didn't realise but in 3. Liga I can not play anyone under 17 (on the 1st Jan 2021 for this season), which rules out almost all of my existing U19 squad.

Youth Preview

20211019143744_1.jpg.e95ac37719ccef5c1e79b5735a320120.jpg

The only bad bit of news is that wings are where we don't have much of a problem. Hopefully there will be a surprise Central Defender and Central Midfielder in there somewhere!

Edited by glennuk

So with the Beta due any time now I would just like to thank you all for making this challenge bigger than ever this year. I never knew this style of playing would be so popular but it's great to see. So many completions this year as well which is great. So yeah many thanks to everyone who has made this such a fun thread to be in :applause:

A big shout out to @XaW for being the glue holding this together when I'm not around :D 

Just now, darren1983 said:

So with the Beta due any time now I would just like to thank you all for making this challenge bigger than ever this year. I never knew this style of playing would be so popular but it's great to see. So many completions this year as well which is great. So yeah many thanks to everyone who has made this such a fun thread to be in :applause:

A big shout out to @XaW for being the glue holding this together when I'm not around :D 

And one for yourself as well for hosting it! Looking forward to the next year of this challenge!

So a quick question for those of us who plan on doing this challenge once FM 22 comes out.

What countries do you think you will try and do the challenge in? Do you want to try and complete it in Europe, or do you want to try and do it in a foreign country?

I see myself doing it mostly in Europe, but I'm very much open to doing it abroad too if I need to.

Edited by JLAB

For those that haven’t seen it, the youth intake preview and intake itself has been much improved.  Second Yellow Card, a YouTube streamer, details these changes in this video.  The youth part starts at 11.35.

I am itching to get going.  I think I will do an Icelandic save for the beta and go from there.