Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bigwig said:

When Diana died we were due to play Liverpool away a kid they had quite a few injuries but the game ended up getting suspended out of respect. We lost the rearranged game. 

Bolton played Everton the day after IIRC Bolton had a goal which never was and the end of the season Bolton went down and Everton stayed up 

I remember 6th September being her funeral, Which was very weird as their was no football.

Just now, sc91 said:

Good point, are they going to cancel the football?

I've got tickets to anfield.

I think sport is off for at least a week in the UK

not sure how it goes for things outside it (Champions League) though

Just now, TM said:

I think sport is off for at least a week in the UK

not sure how it goes for things outside it (Champions League) though

I would imagine that will be as normal but all domestic games will be suspended

Personally, I think games should carry on, Rearranging them is going to be tough 

1 minute ago, JJ72 said:

Champions league? Why would that get cancelled ffs? She's not queen of the world

more the case of "games in the UK that are part of the Champions League" not the whole tournament

9 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

When Diana died we were due to play Liverpool away a kid they had quite a few injuries but the game ended up getting suspended out of respect. We lost the rearranged game. 

We’ve got Bruno, Wilson and ASM out with short term injuries so I’m actually coming to terms with a break.

Just now, Vynal Seven said:

Someone’s turned up at Windsor from west London because she heard and she wanted to be there. The queens not even there ffs. :D 

I'm actually quite surprised that Buckingham Palace isn't busier then it was as I'd of thought if you were a tourist then today would be the day to go to it 

1 minute ago, TM said:

more the case of "games in the UK that are part of the Champions League" not the whole tournament

To be played when? It'll mean a forfeit of the game and rightly so. Cancelling sports fixtures for the death of an old woman. The world is mad.

I'm going to postpone having a dump for a week as my contribution

Just now, JJ72 said:

To be played when? It'll mean a forfeit of the game and rightly so. Cancelling sports fixtures for the death of an old woman. The world is mad.

I'm going to postpone having a dump for a week as my contribution

The Queen of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth is more kudos then that 

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

Can’t see the European games being called off

Think the domestic ones might which probably helps us with Partey not back yet 

not to be morbid but I'd be quite glad not having to watch a Rangers game this weekend :thup:

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Imagine cancelling games because a nearly 100 years old person dies peacefully, while teams from war-torn countries with mass casualties every day keep playing.

I would usually agree with you, but frankly the less I have to watch Leicester right now the better.