[FM22][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

Is there a tutorial for this somewhere, I am more of a visual learner myself and am having way too many PBKAc errors lately....thanks.

Not a tutorial as such, but I did post a kind of basic outlay of how I approach things here: 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

Player profile with updated header area and some other color changes.

header.thumb.jpg.a6e4072848eaa04562a29cbc3dc93704.jpg

+Another one with club colors

hhe.thumb.jpg.8dd8b6d38ed257b4d20af35a7720bbf1.jpg

If youve used an inset on the client object browser to achieve the gap between the edge of the screen and the content, be careful as it can mess up the team talk screen. Also, if you wish to have that bar in the background the club colour also, thats doable.

2 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

If youve used an inset on the client object browser to achieve the gap between the edge of the screen and the content, be careful as it can mess up the team talk screen. Also, if you wish to have that bar in the background the club colour also, thats doable.

Yeah, I took some inspiration from your work, but I ended up removing that bar in the background. (It's possible to add it by editing that other graphic with diagonal stripes I assume?)

I'll keep an eye out for the teem talk stuff, haven't been on that screen yet.

I usually spend a good few hours redesigning something, then I just go back to playing the game for another few weeks. So I'm never going to finish this :D

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yeah, I took some inspiration from your work, but I ended up removing that bar in the background. (It's possible to add it by editing that other graphic with diagonal stripes I assume?)

I'll keep an eye out for the teem talk stuff, haven't been on that screen yet.

I usually spend a good few hours redesigning something, then I just go back to playing the game for another few weeks. So I'm never going to finish this :D

It does look good though, you could achieve the same inset by insetting the individual containers for the header and bottom section rather than the main container. the end results would be the same except it wouldnt inset all the other screens too like team talk/press conference screens.

17 hours ago, Drakestone said:

It does look good though, you could achieve the same inset by insetting the individual containers for the header and bottom section rather than the main container. the end results would be the same except it wouldnt inset all the other screens too like team talk/press conference screens.

Hmm, I've tried messing with this more and I can't really get it to work properly. Changing inset for each separate item works, but in that case my BG is not visible at all and instead it uses the same color as the main content box.

Edit: So I think I've got it to work, just moved the background and content widgets below, to the container with header and content stuff.

Edited by (sic)

On 31.10.2021 at 23:42, bluestillidie00 said:

Here's mine, not planning on public releases so don't ask.

1569040_20211031203049_1.thumb.png.93a32345a20c9ba396dea6963243abf9.png 1569040_20211031203236_1.thumb.png.2765479ad358895da5dbe051d90c6cd2.png 1569040_20211031203242_1.thumb.png.9fc50721561f15e1b13467fb17dd4a26.png 1569040_20211031203319_1.thumb.png.7df78d99c29cc4c13df06eca80a356f7.png

You said you would not share the skin, but could you share the scout card? It would be great and I'm sure everyone will be pleased

Edited by canry

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

Almost finished skin for personal use.
A little bit of my own ideas, a little bit of someone else's :)

Hide contents

1152694285_2021-12-2900_15_43-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.22d763b0b011bd95a2c97a06eb4d8160.png270755080_2021-12-2900_19_09-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.ea3f5bc1ddd0381fd5512a08755816c4.png523528643_2021-12-2900_15_58-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.720f19e6584bdef26d00a3ad4263707d.png

Nice, clean and bright! I love the fact that numerical ability is present. Which code you need to insert, and where, to make hidden CA PA visible? This is not something skin makers like to share, sadly 

hi. ✌️ i begin to try some edits in the Skin i use. but now, i need some help.

https://s20.directupload.net/images/211229/bkerbf75.png

…\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins\skinname\panels\match\match title bar.xml

in Line 5 i changed to. <container height="110">

now, ingame the match title is for me better. “but" which file/bar is for the Background of the match title bar? you can see in the Screen, that the bar, i also want to make bigger, so that background and match title bar are fine compatible and the background is full over that Place.. Thanks for Helping !!!  🙏

Edit: i test some online picture upload sites, but no one works with in the Post to show the Picture directly. only the Link Version works. thanks for helping to show you in future directly Pictures/Screenshots in my Posts..

Edited by SpiderJu

18 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

Almost finished skin for personal use.
A little bit of my own ideas, a little bit of someone else's :)

Reveal hidden contents

1152694285_2021-12-2900_15_43-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.22d763b0b011bd95a2c97a06eb4d8160.png270755080_2021-12-2900_19_09-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.ea3f5bc1ddd0381fd5512a08755816c4.png523528643_2021-12-2900_15_58-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.720f19e6584bdef26d00a3ad4263707d.png

What code did you have to put in for the eligibility panel? I've been struggling with that all day. 

13 hours ago, SpiderJu said:

hi. ✌️ i begin to try some edits in the Skin i use. but now, i need some help.

https://s20.directupload.net/images/211229/bkerbf75.png

…\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins\skinname\panels\match\match title bar.xml

in Line 5 i changed to. <container height="110">

now, ingame the match title is for me better. “but" which file/bar is for the Background of the match title bar? you can see in the Screen, that the bar, i also want to make bigger, so that background and match title bar are fine compatible and the background is full over that Place.. Thanks for Helping !!!  🙏

Edit: i test some online picture upload sites, but no one works with in the Post to show the Picture directly. only the Link Version works. thanks for helping to show you in future directly Pictures/Screenshots in my Posts..

Its still within match titlebar.xml. Its because te picture widgets are told to stretch only vertically and not all. If you find the codin for the background images and change the attach to sides to all itll stretch vertically too

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2022 at 18:13, One hell of a keeper said:

Well this is rather delicious! Amazing work! Are you planning on releasing at all?

Probably not, at least not any time soon, as I've said before. There are still a ton of panels that would require changing, and I'm not really committed to it at the moment. Right now only the Club profile and Player profile are done. I'm still planning to redesign the Home, staff and nation profiles in the same general layout as the club and profile panels.

Again some color adjustments, changed it back from the blue to dark grey. I'm constantly 50/50 between just having a custom color scheme for the skin and using the primary and secondary colors of the clubs.

Also removed the general inset on everything as it really messed with a lot of stuff (especially the match screen, as I didn't want it to have the inset)

spacer.png

WIP match panels. I'm in love with tabbed containers at the moment, so I've incorporated them here as well (taking a lot of stuff from Tato skin here, like the general layout and some tab container items).

Also redesigned the scoreboard and added FM and Instant Result buttons.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

Probably not, at least not any time soon, as I've said before. There are still a ton of panels that would require changing, and I'm not really committed to it at the moment. Right now only the Club profile and Player profile are done. I'm still planning to redesign the Home, staff and nation profiles in the same general layout as the club and profile panels.

Again some color adjustments, changed it back from the blue to dark grey. I'm constantly 50/50 between just having a custom color scheme for the skin and using the primary and secondary colors of the clubs.

Also removed the general inset on everything as it really messed with a lot of stuff (especially the match screen, as I didn't want it to have the inset)

spacer.png

WIP match panels. I'm in love with tabbed containers at the moment, so I've incorporated them here as well (taking a lot of stuff from Tato skin here, like the general layout and some tab container items).

spacer.png

Absolutely amazing :applause:

13 hours ago, (sic) said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Amazing man 

14 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Re-worked my player panel. Based on FME and g2.

image.thumb.png.b16688d2dcf0cd19510189dc380ebf04.png

Hi. Looks great. I am jealous on you guys with the subtle panels :), as I can't make them fit everywhere - large zoom, less space hehehe.

I am curious how did you color the Loan Status value label - I believe it's value dependent, isn't it ? 

17 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Positive I saw this skin on a stream the other day, looks class. 

Oh really? Would be interested to know whom? I did give it to a few streamers to test but didn't expect that they would stream while using it!! Very good!

9 hours ago, Nachote912 said:

Are you doing the skin for everybody?? Because i love it!!

Once it is ready I will release it yes, still a few things to do and issues to iron out first before I do and havent had much time to work on it over the xmas/new year period but back to doing it now.

hace 1 hora, Drakestone dijo:

Once it is ready I will release it yes, still a few things to do and issues to iron out first before I do and havent had much time to work on it over the xmas/new year period but back to doing it now.

Go ahead!! I look forward to that skin. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

18 hours ago, Drakestone said:

Oh really? Would be interested to know whom? I did give it to a few streamers to test but didn't expect that they would stream while using it!! Very good!

Saw that too! :thup: 

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the correct way of merging two skins?

I would like to take the star attribute graphics for fog that was created for this skin

And use it for the FME - Zealand skin.

I tried myself but I am lost on what files need to be copied and what needs to be copy & paste from xml

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the correct way of merging two skins?

I would like to take the star attribute graphics for fog that was created for this skin

And use it for the FME - Zealand skin.

I tried myself but I am lost on what files need to be copied and what needs to be copy & paste from xml

There is no "correct" way, there is trial and error

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

Im sure there are correct files that need to be moved over. Can't really do trial and error when you don't understand code or xml.

You want to get the result, but you have no desire to make an effort ... :applause:

Try files in .\panels\player

12 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

You want to get the result, but you have no desire to make an effort ... :applause:

Try files in .\panels\player

Can I ask, have noticed a theme on the forum for awhile, but you're very quick to put people down, or be passive aggressive when they are asking for help. Can you just stop doing that? 

Not everyone has the same level as skill as you, no need to be condescending. 

1 hour ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Not everyone has the same level as skill as you, no need to be condescending. 

There are no innate skills in skinning. You try, you make mistakes and you try again.
And if you are a beginner then you just need more trial and error to understand the file structure, to understand the code structure. Instead of asking for a ready-made solution for things that only you need.

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

There are no innate skills in skinning. You try, you make mistakes and you try again.
And if you are a beginner then you just need more trial and error to understand the file structure, to understand the code structure. Instead of asking for a ready-made solution for things that only you need.

But that's why people are here, to learn. And you being condescending isn't helping anyone.