[FM22][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

44 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

But that's why people are here, to learn.

yes. learning and helping. but for learning need read and try, study and compare the code of different skins, etc.
and lately, more and more people want to get a ready-made solution and do not want to deal even with the basics.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

yes. learning and helping. but for learning need read and try, study and compare the code of different skins, etc.
and lately, more and more people want to get a ready-made solution and do not want to deal even with the basics.

He asked a simple question. It wasn't a ready-made solution, he was looking for direction. 

On 18/02/2022 at 05:44, Olas Nick said:

There are no innate skills in skinning. You try, you make mistakes and you try again.
And if you are a beginner then you just need more trial and error to understand the file structure, to understand the code structure. Instead of asking for a ready-made solution for things that only you need.

FWIW, I have no problem learning. People do have a life and don’t have time to waste doing any trial and error…Especially where they do not have any directions or know where to start. I would rather spend the little free time I have actually playing FM.

1 hour ago, BuzzR said:

I've managed to do some work and (hopefully) improve my own skin from my previous posts some time ago, and I want to show it to you guys. Credits to : @FMEnhanced, @Wozzie, @GIMN  for their skins - I snooped around into their files and cherry picked panels / tabs / widgets and layouts.

I don't know who's making OPZ Elite skin - but I have to mention him because his skin helped me fix my biggest annoyance for the last couple of weeks.

I've also want to mention @_Ben_  @junkerne and @EnigMattic1 for their post about DNA and polygons, among others .

I think I'm using some previous TCS panels for polygons - so thank you @bluestillidie00 for your work. 

I've see the pictures from @bluestillidie00's skin, loving @FMEnhanced'FME skin and @Wozzie's Tato22 skin - all with their little subtle boxes and tabs - everything neat and organized . I decided I want this for me too.

So first of all - I went for subtle boxes and some big icons, updating club overview panel. I have to say I love big metallic logos in 4k resolution.

Club overview:

Hide contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Next I wanted something for the player profile, and this was a pain to get it through. I wanted a small panel - maybe via a selector or a tab, that could change depending on the player if he's your own or not.

I wanted to see Star Rating and Scout Description (i.e. " Decent Premier League player" ) for both situations plus pro-cons for own players and Transfer Interest for other players. IT WAS HELL !!! because of one little detail .. that damn Scout Description. These 2 labels are shown on player coach reports ( overall report )  for own players but not for other players - witch are shown in player scout reports. Makes sense ?!

As some of you have already noticed the coach / scouting reports are a pain this year - separate files with hidings panels, out of screen widgets and so on. Hate them! Nerves racking panels! I had 2 weeks of trials and frustration for a couple of labels that I wanted on my player profile panel.

Anyway long story short OPZ Elite skin have them working for both kind of players on one panel .. player coach report. That was what I've needed.

Player Profile:

Hide contents

Own player / Other player :

spacer.png   spacer.png 

After that, I was on fire :lol: . Tabs galore ! Thank you @FMEnhanced for your amazing tabs with the little colored dots ( and some panels also :D ) .

I am really really proud of the stats tab ( my own doing, if I may add).  DNA tab feels kind of empty but it will do for now.

Hide contents

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

I have some work made on Next Opponent panel, and I've met another frustrating issue.

Here I wanted to add the info about the opposition manager ( that is located on the ugliest panel ever in the history of football manager - data hub/ next opponent / scout report ). I can't find the solution for this. :thdn:

Ugly panel.. Enter on your own risk:

Hide contents

spacer.png

I've ended up adding some info onto the manager person page, leaving the Next Opponent page kind of unfinished :

Hide contents

spacer.png spacer.png

I've made other adjustments - mostly on the news items. Just little things, trying to fit the panels on screen without scrolling , and mostly adding uniformity to them - left side panels, right side text.

Anyway - this was a trip !!! I feel we'll see the next installment of FM and we will still tinker on this year skins. 

Cheers and thank you all for your work and inspiration.

amazing work! that coach report code has driven me up the wall all year, i'll be following your steps to get it working 😂😂

1 hour ago, BuzzR said:

I've managed to do some work and (hopefully) improve my own skin from my previous posts some time ago, and I want to show it to you guys. Credits to : @FMEnhanced, @Wozzie, @GIMN  for their skins - I snooped around into their files and cherry picked panels / tabs / widgets and layouts.

I don't know who's making OPZ Elite skin - but I have to mention him because his skin helped me fix my biggest annoyance for the last couple of weeks.

I've also want to mention @_Ben_  @junkerne and @EnigMattic1 for their post about DNA and polygons, among others .

I think I'm using some previous TCS panels for polygons - so thank you @bluestillidie00 for your work. 

I've see the pictures from @bluestillidie00's skin, loving @FMEnhanced'FME skin and @Wozzie's Tato22 skin - all with their little subtle boxes and tabs - everything neat and organized . I decided I want this for me too.

So first of all - I went for subtle boxes and some big icons, updating club overview panel. I have to say I love big metallic logos in 4k resolution.

Club overview:

Hide contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Next I wanted something for the player profile, and this was a pain to get it through. I wanted a small panel - maybe via a selector or a tab, that could change depending on the player if he's your own or not.

I wanted to see Star Rating and Scout Description (i.e. " Decent Premier League player" ) for both situations plus pro-cons for own players and Transfer Interest for other players. IT WAS HELL !!! because of one little detail .. that damn Scout Description. These 2 labels are shown on player coach reports ( overall report )  for own players but not for other players - witch are shown in player scout reports. Makes sense ?!

As some of you have already noticed the coach / scouting reports are a pain this year - separate files with hidings panels, out of screen widgets and so on. Hate them! Nerves racking panels! I had 2 weeks of trials and frustration for a couple of labels that I wanted on my player profile panel.

Anyway long story short OPZ Elite skin have them working for both kind of players on one panel .. player coach report. That was what I've needed.

Player Profile:

Hide contents

spacer.png   spacer.png 

After that, I was on fire :lol: . Tabs galore ! Thank you @FMEnhanced for your amazing tabs with the little colored dots ( and some panels also :D ) .

I am really really proud of the stats tab ( my own doing, if I may add).  DNA tab feels kind of empty but it will do for now.

Hide contents

I have some work made on Next Opponent panel, and I've met another frustrating issue.

Here I wanted to add the info about the opposition manager ( that is located on the ugliest panel ever in the history of football manager - data hub/ next opponent / scout report ). I can't find the solution for this. :thdn:

Hide contents

spacer.png

I've ended up adding some info onto the manager person page, leaving the Next Opponent page kind of unfinished :

Hide contents

spacer.png spacer.png

I've made other adjustments - mostly on the news items. Just little things, trying to fit the panels on screen without scrolling , and mostly adding uniformity to them - left side panels, right side text.

Anyway - this was a trip !!! I feel we'll see the next installment of FM and we will still tinker on this year skins. 

Amazin workk ..🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Club overview:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Player Profile:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png   spacer.png 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

Nice work Bud

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Club overview:

Hide contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Player Profile:

Hide contents

spacer.png   spacer.png 

Hide contents

Hide contents

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png spacer.png

Amazing work 

Hello, I'm OPZ. My skin uses panels from skin makers as well.

Thanks to all of them.

Edited by ★ OPZ ★

41 minutes ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

Amazing work 

Hello, I'm OPZ. My skin uses panels from skin makers as well.

Thanks to all of them.

Thank you sir ! OPZ Elite is an amazing skin. Learn a lot from your work. Nice to meet you, also !

9 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Club overview:

Hide contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Player Profile:

Hide contents

spacer.png   spacer.png 

Hide contents

Hide contents

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png spacer.png

Bloody awesome work mate. Your stats page is top notch. Well done! 

On 25/02/2022 at 12:48, BuzzR said:

Club overview:

Hide contents

spacer.png

That was easy.

Player Profile:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png   spacer.png 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

Absolutely wow!!

3 hours ago, junkerne said:

I was unable to do that, but I was able to change the colors to be in style of competition. So, Orange to the Europa League for example. 

In the code you will find “white”, if you change it to either “primary” or “secondary”, you will see it applied. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been back to playing with some skinning stuff again. I am, as I said last time I posted, by no means on the level of the top skinners here, but I've had lots of fun doing this and it's the stuff behind the scenes that have made me most proud - the coding is a lot neater, layouts use a lot more '-1' so that they fit better and I've learnt where to find almost all of the things I need.

In six months, I've gone from this to this:

58e2f928005a48a7abfe1501f47c0ce8.png

25 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Does any body know how or why the last 11 isn't showing up on my club home screen and i have tried everything but still cant get it happen any help i would really apricate it

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Probably some missing graphics, but hard to tell without seeing the code

39 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Been back to playing with some skinning stuff again. I am, as I said last time I posted, by no means on the level of the top skinners here, but I've had lots of fun doing this and it's the stuff behind the scenes that have made me most proud - the coding is a lot neater, layouts use a lot more '-1' so that they fit better and I've learnt where to find almost all of the things I need.

Looks really good m8. keep up the good work

14 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Thanks mate, just got to figure out how i get the faces or kits to show on the last 11 pitch now lol

i think you read the wrong reply ;)  

But to your post i said - Probably some missing graphics, but hard to tell without seeing the code

but your skin isnt bad either

Edited by snowofman

• 3 weeks later...
hace 9 minutos, Drakestone dijo:

Probably a more appropriate place to put this, a cross between TCS, FME and Vex.

6d6cf68cc27d78b06425c5d5e3443794.jpg.8941d53333de5f67ac74984fef671042.jpg

image.png.94494078d00b8075a1e1bb8d5340ec55.png

I'm WAITING FOR THAT SKIN!!! i love it also i like it because it's for low res computers.

1 minute ago, Nachote912 said:

I'm WAITING FOR THAT SKIN!!! i love it also i like it because it's for low res computers.

You'll be waiting a long time, I don't release skins that have been frankensteined. (Part of the reason I haven't released an original skin for the last few years lol)

Edited by Drakestone

hace 4 minutos, Drakestone dijo:

You'll be waiting a long time, I don't release skins that have been frankensteined. (Part of the reason I haven't released an original skin for the last few years lol)

oh, that's so sad... Could you pass me the skin for personal use? i promise i will not upload it.

On 12/03/2022 at 23:03, _Ben_ said:

Good skin

4 hours ago, Drakestone said:

Logo inside box in front of kit background imageaff7efadf31e1c0ac511cc321fb4c71e.png.3aafa6f1112f698a6844f484a7ded1c0.pngbf6e7afa4fef035996aa6ae00ff5acda.png.b05ebcb98b3a70dc52ba5fad184f6e5a.png8065ca318d973254f66725912a5056a4.png.de8e5fc82473f59a7e795443b8693dd3.png

Looks amazing! I would definitely use it if you were to release it with Bluestilidie's permission.

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Looks amazing! I would definitely use it if you were to release it with Bluestilidie's permission.

We might be working on exactly that, stay tuned. ;) The only issue I can forsee is I modded this more for laptop resolutions (so 1366x768) than for larger ones. Perhaps bluestilidie and myself will be able to collaborate to get both the original version and this modded version working on all resolutions so people have as much choice as possible. At the moment mine is using the panels from FME so until some more work is done on that side it will stay a pet project for now.

Looking fantastic, @Drakestone. Loving the concept and the minor adjustments so far.

And I'm glad to see the 1366x768 getting some love as well!

Do you mind sharing a screen for your player atribute profile, please? Developing anything special on that?

Edited by lugui

28 minutes ago, lugui said:

Looking fantastic, @Drakestone. Loving the concept and the minor adjustments so far.

And I'm glad to see the 1366x768 getting some love as well!

Do you mind sharing a screen for your player atribute profile, please? Developing anything special on that?

Not really worked on either the club or player panels yet tbh as i know people usually like to use their own from whatever skin.

image.png.cc427d024cf114ffea3239b18db874d0.png

image.png.2e9ff865bb53ee17aeec17a8514e0b63.png

15 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

Not really worked on either the club or player panels yet tbh as i know people usually like to use their own from whatever skin.

image.png.cc427d024cf114ffea3239b18db874d0.png

image.png.2e9ff865bb53ee17aeec17a8514e0b63.png

Looks clean and not too much information like you see in many other skins.

17 hours ago, a31632 said:

I decided to change the attributes panels in the skin and add boxes around them, all a matter of personal preference and now I think I like it "with boxes" better:

581654315_Attributeswithboxes.thumb.png.c3c0589c2ba781975a0d0fd82314f121.png

I love this player profile panel.

5 hours ago, Drakestone said:

Goodbye squished news feed and socials!!

image.png.153eb6adaa680a1dc5c4ce5d28aaa68a.png

Yes, never understood why they didn't make a full screen "social feed" panel to begin with, I used likely similar coding to get this full screen too ;-)

1960698145_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.63f3b9f50f8ae00bbe6b9c8f0341531a.png

4 minutes ago, a31632 said:

Yes, never understood why they didn't make a full screen "social feed" panel to begin with, I used likely similar coding to get this full screen too ;-)

1960698145_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.63f3b9f50f8ae00bbe6b9c8f0341531a.png

Likely to make it seem more 'webpagey' I guess, I just don't like too much blank space!!

On 12/03/2022 at 15:03, _Ben_ said:

That's an excellent looking skin.

Are you making this publicly available?

20 hours ago, a31632 said:

maybe for low resolution so better, but I think that the "full screen" version looks awful at a resolution 1080р and higher

17 hours ago, konspyro said:

Can you attach here or send me your sidebar menu table.xml? @Drakestone

There's nothing much modified in the sidebar menu table itself, if you mean having the sidebar UNDER the header it's the client object browser youdd need.