Another "What leagues" & "What Database" Thread

Lots.

image.thumb.png.ea3cda158c9573df38847bd0b5dd39ba.png

Playing in England, so all British league loaded in full, almost all other top tiers, and view only below. Excluded a few in Asia and South America to just sneak in under 125k players.

10 hours ago, alian62 said:

you must have a super computer ?

10 hours ago, alian62 said:

you must have a super computer ?

it's a decent gaming laptop from 3 years ago. I don't mind the extra time it takes to go from day to day

• Administrators

Tend to have a bit of a go-to for standard saves (may tweak slightly depending on starting league or if I want to do more of a journeyperson type of save). This was for a fairly standard Nottm Forest save:

England (National and above)
Scotland (Champ and above)

Top Divisions only

China
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain
Argentina
Brazil

Then will generally load all players of continental rep from all continents (although have done national rep in the past as well). Roughly works out at about 70k players loaded. 

Have done Turkish league saves in the past as well (good old Genclerbirligi) where the above is tweaked a fair bit (so more German lower leagues etc).

• 8 months later...
On 08/03/2022 at 14:45, Neil Brock said:

Tend to have a bit of a go-to for standard saves (may tweak slightly depending on starting league or if I want to do more of a journeyperson type of save). This was for a fairly standard Nottm Forest save:

Top Divisions only

China
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain
Argentina
Brazil

Then will generally load all players of continental rep from all continents (although have done national rep in the past as well). Roughly works out at about 70k players loaded. 

Have done Turkish league saves in the past as well (good old Genclerbirligi) where the above is tweaked a fair bit (so more German lower leagues etc).

Hi Neil. Do the Chinese clubs still make massive bids for players? Just wondering if its worth adding in my own save.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, StewG said:

Hi Neil. Do the Chinese clubs still make massive bids for players? Just wondering if its worth adding in my own save.

Less frequent now since China passed a rule that any foreign player signed, whatever the agreed fee needs to be paid to the Chinese league to be reinvested in developing Chinese players (so towards Chinese coaching and training infrastructure). So if they sign a player for £20m, it'll now cost them £40m. 

4 小时前, Neil Brock说:

Less frequent now since China passed a rule that any foreign player signed, whatever the agreed fee needs to be paid to the Chinese league to be reinvested in developing Chinese players (so towards Chinese coaching and training infrastructure). So if they sign a player for £20m, it'll now cost them £40m. 

Actually fixing spending problem lately, worth having feedback from saves with Chinese league as active but not playable and see what kind of transfer bids take place.

I'm only interested in managing English or Scottish clubs so my setup using the default database:-

English (down to tier 6), Scotland (down to tier 4) and first two divisions of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain in a large database with all players based in the UK loaded, this gives roughly 75k players to start with.

When the English 10-tier league structure is out after a month or two after the game release, I'll usually pick a tier-8 club to start a LLM career.

19 hours ago, John Joe O'toole said:

What's your set up mate? Only reason I ask is because I think we have the same system!

I'm quite conservative these days, used to run everything but I find less is more now.  I'm managing in the 6th tier in England so i'm running the following:

• Uk & Ireland - All
  • Italy, Spain, Germany, France - Top 2
  • Portugal, Netherlands & Belgium - Top tier
  • Small database.

This will change over time though depending how my save turns out.

edit - oh yeah i've got a Macbook Air M1 as my daily driver but I do play this save on a few other machines I have (4th & 6th gen intels)

Edited by Brother Ben

I wonder how many leagues and player database can my computer handle? Because I want to see a lot of job and player transfer opportunities. For now, I'm playing a Journeyman with 151.000 players, 27 countries and at least 60 leagues all playable. In 3rd season, it doesn't feel like it is so slow, except transfer windows' last days. Since it is Journeyman, I will remove some lower leagues after I reach a certain reputation level.

GPU: RTX 3060 (I guess it doesn't matter except 3D matches)
CPU: i5 11400

also I'm playing on ssd, not hdd. Do you think that can I play with countries and all leagues playable?

Edited by sisou

1 hour ago, sisou said:

I wonder how much leagues and player database can my computer handle? Because I want to see a lot of job and player transfer opportunities. For now, I'm playing a Journeyman with 151.000 players, 27 countries and at least 60 leagues all playable. In 3rd season, it doesn't feel like it is so slow, except transfer windows' last days. Since it is Journeyman, I will remove some lower leagues after I reach a certain reputation level.

GPU: RTX 3060 (I guess it doesn't matter except 3D matches)
CPU: i5 11400

also I'm playing on ssd, not hdd. Do you think that can I play with countries and all leagues playable?

GPU is not important, only CPU and RAM

I have 32 GB RAM and i5 8600K overclocked to 4.8 GHz and as you can see above I did 1 season in 5x24 hours (120hours), but I process all matches (all leagues in game, all players and all matches)

Edited by myfunnygame

17 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

If I set a league to view only will they still get newgens or just play with greyed out players?

is there any benefit to loading a league as view only or am I just better making it playable?

View Only is on a benefit if you want a quickish game but want a bit more depth with results etc 

I've never tinkered with the advanced settings of the database. What are good settings to choose if you're aiming at a long game, probably at one club, but still want regens from all over the world.

Cause from what i find its mostly fixture processing that determines processing speed, not number of players?

Edited by eXistenZ

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

I've never tinkered with the advanced settings of the database. What are good settings to choose if you're aiming at a long game, probably at one club, but still want regens from all over the world.

Cause from what i find its mostly fixture processing that determines processing speed, not number of players?

Select leagues as view only - I've read that increases newgen from those regions.

Edited by John Joe O'toole

I have on full detail for every top league like the premier league, Serie a and best cup for the top 10 nations and full detail for European cups and the main international cups. I have full detail on everything in the country that my save is in.

Game_ _Jamie Catania - IFK Göteborg - 1s...__ Add_Remove Leagues.png

Untitled.png

Edited by JamieTC13

On 08/03/2022 at 15:45, Neil Brock said:

Top Divisions only

China
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain
Argentina
Brazil

Why Argentina and Brazil leagues loaded instead of just players? These leagues never bid on european players I think.

And is it easy for you to sell players with so few leagues and so many players loaded?

Cheers

Edited by Dreambuilder

19 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

There is a post somewhere on these forums that gave a good guide to what the database options do. I just can't think, for the life of me, where that was. I want to say it was written by xaw? I want to say it was but I can't be sure.

I will have a look over my history when I get back from the launderette and see if I can't find it. 

1 hour ago, sisou said:

Currently started a new save with 23 European Nation and all leagues playable with around 110k+ players. 

Interesting. Please come back here if you encounter any problem like too slow game speed after some years or hard time to sell your players.

21 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

It was daveincid

7 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

Interesting. Please come back here if you encounter any problem like too slow game speed after some years or hard time to sell your players.

Of course. In database, I also added Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Egypt, Mexico and USA only top league team players (something like that I play the game in Turkish) to get regens from there. I want to manage at least one team in every nation's top league (some of them are excluded because I don't know anything about those nations&leagues) so I added 22 countries with all their leagues playable so it will be more realistic and also I started with no badge and no history so I can find more jobs easily. 

To summarize, there are 22 countries, 65 leagues -all from Europe- and 129k players in my save. All detail levels are default. So far, for first year, game pace is very good. I will share if it will slow down evidently.

Managing in the Netherlands with 28 leagues playable:

1. England - 4 leagues
  2. Germany - 2
  3. Spain - 2
  4. Italy - 2
  5. France - 2 
  6. Netherlands - 4 (expanded database)
  7. Portugal - 1
  8. Belgium - 1
  9. Scotland - 1
  10. Austria - 1
  11. Switzerland - 1
  12. Denmark - 1
  13. Norway - 1
  14. Croatia - 1
  15. Czechia - 1
  16. Ukraine - 1
  17. Turkey - 1
  18. Greece - 1

I think player count is mostly a red herring in terms of game speed. Number of leagues seems to have a bigger impact, while number of leagues simming on full detail seems to have the biggest impact. I have the top 5 leagues in Europe + the top 3 in the Netherlands simming on full detail, and those match days are when the game slows a bit.

Edited by Overmars

1 hour ago, Overmars said:

I think player count is mostly a red herring in terms of game speed. Number of leagues seems to have a bigger impact, while number of leagues simming on full detail seems to have the biggest impact.

Those are the sounds ive been hearing, but I kinda need to find all the information on it. The advanced database settings are really poor in tutorial

England, Italy and Germany full. Fra and Esp top 2. Rest of Europe top Tier. Russia and Belarus out. Arg  Bra, Mexiko, USA, Can ,  SA, Chn and Southkorea also top Tier. Leagues which arent playable are view only. Plus extended settings => approx. 160k.

DETAILS: Worldcup, European club, and top 5 on full Details (senior only).

Love it.

Edited by Conardo

On 26/11/2022 at 20:41, sisou said:

Of course. In database, I also added Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Egypt, Mexico and USA only top league team players (something like that I play the game in Turkish) to get regens from there. I want to manage at least one team in every nation's top league (some of them are excluded because I don't know anything about those nations&leagues) so I added 22 countries with all their leagues playable so it will be more realistic and also I started with no badge and no history so I can find more jobs easily. 

To summarize, there are 22 countries, 65 leagues -all from Europe- and 129k players in my save. All detail levels are default. So far, for first year, game pace is very good. I will share if it will slow down evidently.

I've finished 2 seasons now. There are 140k players currently and I've managed 3 different clubs. I was unemployed a lot of time but I don't know if it affect the speed. I was in holiday just for 26 days(3.94%) in this save till now. It took 24 hours to finish 2 seasons but keep in mind that I'm playing casually and doing a lot of alt tab, I was watching videos at youtube, and I was afk a lot of time. In my opinion, it is not slow, what do you think?