The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a rough start to the league campaign, we finally tightened up at the back and nearly snuck into the promotion stage. But I will take being in the relegation stage, but 13 points clear to start.

V3q1L4.jpg

o5DwEu.jpg

The league prize money, which was given in installments throughout the season, plus our mild success allowed me to finish a youth facilities upgrade as well as get junior coaching and youth recruitment boosts. Our training facilities are now Basic and Basic, so still very bad, but we have Good coaching and recruitment now. I think these take a while to really show the effects, but we do have an intake next week, so some of the improvements from the last few years shuld be reflected.

IL0N63.jpg

rw3j2g.jpg

5 minutes ago, V50 said:

Apologies for being off-topic. I was inspired by some of the attempts last year from my files, so I went overboard and made totally accurate Caribbean leagues so they would fulfil the criteria for this. All Accurate, no randomness, financials seem stable in 10 year testing for normal clubs (I'm not balancing for you spending ungodly amounts on youth coaching!). I know it was of interest last year and I know one person mentioned they were interested this year, so apologies for distracting with this;

This is great, I'm eyeing a return to the Caribbean at some point!

a question: i want to make my career with only youth player, but if i sacked or have an offer go to another team (obviusly my phylosophy is only youth player), its possible to post in is topic or in new topic in career updates?

ps: i started unenployed and i go to the first team call me

vor 11 Stunden schrieb V50:

Apologies for being off-topic. I was inspired by some of the attempts last year from my files, so I went overboard and made totally accurate Caribbean leagues so they would fulfil the criteria for this. All Accurate, no randomness, financials seem stable in 10 year testing for normal clubs (I'm not balancing for you spending ungodly amounts on youth coaching!). I know it was of interest last year and I know one person mentioned they were interested this year, so apologies for distracting with this;

Nice, i guess i will go there after my current save ends :)

It is finally time to go to Norway.

Club Introduction

FK Eik Tønsberg 871

FK Eik Tønsberg - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

bYJ21u4.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start       13 January 2023         31 December 2023         £675 p/w          £450 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average     Fairly Basic          Average          Fairly Basic       National   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Norgesmesterskapet          Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

@darren1983

Just doing some sims for other nations. Currently, found that Spain you can change teams on the 28th May, but will be experimenting further for earlier dates given that the start date is the 11th July right now. 

Portugal the start date is the 30th of June, but currently simulating forward to 11th June to see if I can get different teams then.

Also, the Czech Republic start date is 30th June? Didn't think it was meant to start on the 39th June. 

Edited by JLAB
Accidentally posted before finishing the post.

2022/23 Start Season Preview

Serie D Girone D (Italy 4th Division)

Salsomaggiore Calcio - Prato - Serie D Girone D 2022 - 2023 - Live Diretta  Tabellino Streaming 02/10/2022 - I AM CALCIO ITALIA

Club Info - Facilities /League Table / Squad / Youth Prevision

9SMMrbI.png

511497640_GaetanoGiannusa_Profilo-3.thumb.png.290c55021c0821d5b0600729a9a98a5b.png

I never attempt the only youth challenge, this is my attempt with my rule: i start unemployed and the objective is to climb Italy with the youth only philosophy, but as manager career, if i sacked or hired, or dismiss or try new club dosnt matter, but one limit, only youth player from academy

Start unemployed with no license, sunday league former player reputation, Salsomaggiore hired me after a last position in Serie D, the goal is to avoid relegation

The team is very young because the Serie D have strong rule for youths, one U18, U19, U20 and U21 player for all time in match formation, Amadei is the best youth player, De Sagastizabal and Bran the top player, but sure i lost the next year, because the dont want to renovate the contract

576620524_StefanoAmadei_Profilo.thumb.png.a10d7f29e03ee9ab04a039533b22e57b.png141012523_AlexBran_Profilo.thumb.png.1f275dc4e283b669596b4352483fab3a.png

863512380_SantiagoDeSagastizabal_Profilo.thumb.png.caa41568f0ec93d0e18fbe84a31b088f.png

Francesco Brasacchio_ Profilo.png

Edited by Trainspotting90

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

@darren1983

Just doing some sims for other nations. Currently, found that Spain you can change teams on the 28th May, but will be experimenting further for earlier dates given that the start date is the 11th July right now. 

Portugal the start date is the 30th of June, but currently simulating forward to 11th June to see if I can get different teams then.

Also, the Czech Republic start date is 30th June? Didn't think it was meant to start on the 39th June. 

Cheers. Have changed Czech to the 30th to be safe as no idea what day I meant there :D 

Brønshøj BK live score, schedule and results - Football - Sofascore

Brønshøj BK - Review Season 6

An up and down season, but I guess that's something I'd desire for the first year in the mostly professional second tier. We still are semi-pro, but we earned $1.2 million in prize money and TV money across the season, so we're set up well to be able to push on for more upgrades so long as we can avoid relegation. After a terrible start to the season, then almost sneaking into the promotion stage, we almost threw away our 13 point cushion and it took a 3 match win streak at the end of the year to avoid relegation. (It didn't help that the team we were 13 points ahead of had only 1 loss in the next 8) Next year the goal is to do the same, our squad is better, but still worse than the opposition in every aspect. We desperately need some defenders next intake as our DC are short and not very talented.

gIDPz4.jpgDAG764.jpg

A few of our key youth players:

Spoiler

Nobody really had a great year this season, but Spork 02a just barely cleared the 7.00 rating. The fact that he's our best defender speaks to the lack of talent, he is tall and not much else.

BGmhoN.jpg

Pedersen 01b is almost our club leading appearance maker, has been the starter for 6 years now.

Lbjvqe.jpg

When Provstgaard 04a is not kicking up a fuss about wanting to leave, he is perfect for the DLP(D) role. Can't run, but is a great passer.

G1zjT7.jpg

We were very fortunate to have two players from the first intake able to remain in the first team for the next 6 years. Arslan 01a is 21 now, hit his PA a couple of years ago, but looks to be a fixture in this side for at least a few more seasons until the youth pass him by.

52kTCN.jpg

A look at our healthy finances, with a couple chunks taken out for facility upgrades, and the lack of transfers except a team in our division poaching our backup GK for their youth team. We have so many GKs that I didn't care to offer him an improved contract to stay.

17 hours ago, V50 said:

Thanks for your hard work again for the megapack! Definitely changes my mind for where my second save will be starting when I need a break from Luxembourg. I'm thinking of doing a Territories Act save or a French Territory save to get real transfer pressure for my players to head to Europe, which never happened in St Vincent. I assume like in fm22 the league reputation is still fixed at its starting levels due to how SI codes NA leagues?

3 hours ago, Trainspotting90 said:

2022/23 Start Season Preview

Salsomaggiore Calcio - Prato - Serie D Girone D 2022 - 2023 - Live Diretta  Tabellino Streaming 02/10/2022 - I AM CALCIO ITALIA

Club Info - Facilities /League Table / Squad / Youth Prevision

9SMMrbI.png

511497640_GaetanoGiannusa_Profilo-3.thumb.png.290c55021c0821d5b0600729a9a98a5b.png

I never attempt the only youth challenge, this is my attempt with my rule: i start unemployed and the objective is to climb Italy with the youth only philosophy, but as manager career, if i sacked or hired, or dismiss or try new club dosnt matter, but one limit, only youth player from academy

Start unemployed with no license, sunday league former player reputation, Salsomaggiore hired me after a last position in Serie D, the goal is to avoid relegation

The team is very young because the Serie D have strong rule for youths, one U18, U19, U20 and U21 player for all time in match formation, Amadei is the best youth player, De Sagastizabal and Bran the top player, but sure i lost the next year, because the dont want to renovate the contract

576620524_StefanoAmadei_Profilo.thumb.png.a10d7f29e03ee9ab04a039533b22e57b.png141012523_AlexBran_Profilo.thumb.png.1f275dc4e283b669596b4352483fab3a.png

863512380_SantiagoDeSagastizabal_Profilo.thumb.png.caa41568f0ec93d0e18fbe84a31b088f.png

Francesco Brasacchio_ Profilo.png

I think you can better start your own thread, because this is against the rules of this challenge. Sorry, mate. 

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Thanks for your hard work again for the megapack! Definitely changes my mind for where my second save will be starting when I need a break from Luxembourg. I'm thinking of doing a Territories Act save or a French Territory save to get real transfer pressure for my players to head to Europe, which never happened in St Vincent. I assume like in fm22 the league reputation is still fixed at its starting levels due to how SI codes NA leagues?

I've tried to introduce more transfer threat through the transfer prefences file. Still a fixed format as I can't figure out coefficients in the NA...

12 minutes ago, V50 said:

I've tried to introduce more transfer threat through the transfer prefences file. Still a fixed format as I can't figure out coefficients in the NA...

Totally understand, you've done awesome work with all the unique league formats! 

2 ore fa, Winski ha scritto:

I think you can better start your own thread, because this is against the rules of this challenge. Sorry, mate. 

i know the rule of the challenge, but in a own thread, lost the community, isnt a question of likes or visibility...isnt a problem to non post in this topic eh, its just for the community, not for likes

image.png.d152dd8b15aefdab8b30819db0739220.png

Motor Lublin - Season 7 - Winter Break

1481730196_ResultsBeforeEuropeanGroupStage.png.d4ab73dd4955d7f523ad747c60f52795.png

So the new season started and we managed to do things we've never done before. First, we won the Superpuchar Polski for the first time, and we also played out first ever Champions League matches, in a losing effort against Celtic both times.

1851512164_PolishSuperCupWin.thumb.png.84579ee8c8c2dbb18271ad8a88119a3d.png

I like winning trophies, so being able to lift that for the first time is always a positive.

1821267320_UEFAEuropaLeagueFixturesRevealed.png.832f5c1f2f0ac0063e1d5d091b9e18f6.png

As a result of dropping down into the Europa League, we got given our 8 matches for the competition. There are some winnable games, but there are also games I'm not confident about. We just need to do well here.

684174777_ResultsBeforeWinterBreak.png.3533f72b6c15b961ecb904c71b317291.png

So imagine my surprise when we picked up some good wins in the Europa League. I'm ignoring the fact we got knocked out of the the Puchar Polski first round, because we beat AGF and Atlético Madrid for the first time, and came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. We have lost the last 3 games in Europe though, so it's not going as well as I hoped it would.

14505723_LeagueAfter21Games.png.401eb49f693e14a77d70e33f0e6ee748.png

The league though is going pretty well, we currently sit in 2nd place as we attempt to defend our crown for the first time. The tycoon owned Śląsk are finally delivering on their promise, but with the winter break happening now, things could change quickly.

352617938_EuropaLeagueLeaguePhaseAfter6Matches.png.990d843fa4e00f6cd8d5be27e469e1a8.png

As for our Europa League form, we need to start performing as well as we did earlier in the season, or we will be dropping out of European football in the league phase.

1062689870_YouthIntakePreview.thumb.png.89bcba3932b041389c1bc076674a07d1.png

Still, our preview looks promising and I would like it if we get what I believe will be at least one or two world class players in the future. I like producing wonderkids after all.

JLAB's YAC with Motor Lublin Part 18

Edited by JLAB

image.png.223b6255ab16a6823dafc88cc5df97fd.png        calcio_catania_kit_home_nike_2021_20210712_1626163939.jpg.032abb2a9e0c8ea73064e2d4072d696f.jpg

Season 2023 / 2024

3rd in Serie C / C - Lost 4 -3 in Playoff Final 

20221221115454_1.thumb.jpg.b8c34d1932ed088f1b28abb5a1edc666.jpg

20221221115414_1.thumb.jpg.f0e4cbe64c4ba9876b2261517d2dda18.jpg  20221221115419_1.thumb.jpg.5d075d035511d4554984541f2ca85d86.jpg      

20221221115427_1.thumb.jpg.6f8d665adf0de60005c31e9c9035c07d.jpg    20221221115437_1.thumb.jpg.157a46f4e37c04f126b5bf081e9a8423.jpg

GL ALL !!!

478.png

FK Viktoria Žižkov – season 2028/29

Zizkov28/29

Zizkov28/29

We lost three first team players from last season – Macek moved to PSG, Križmanić was sold to Benfica by the board, setting our new transfer record (I only could negotiate a future sale clause), and Ellison missed around half a year with injury. So, predictably it was a worse performance this time, though still enough to stay clear of danger in the final stage.

Zizkov28/29

Also got this achievement on the last matchday. This game didn't decide anything and we lost it 3-4, still a nice milestone for our academy. 

Cup

Zizkov28/29

Had not enough squad depth to be competitive here as well.

Squad stats

Zizkov28/29

M.Muxel *23a – our only player to have an average rating over 7… and most likely the next one to leave with a transfer request and one year under a contract :( Probably I’ll try to postpone this transfer for the end of next season, like I did with Macek.

O.Sedláček *27a – unfortunately he isn’t developing at all, but became our top goalscorer this season.

D.Klinka *26d – matched the club record in assists, playing on both wings and becoming our primary set piece taker.

V.Matejka *24a – became a leading central midfielder after Macek’s departure, and what’s really important, signed a new three-year contract.

P.Kodr *26c – yes, Ciupa is still a good goalkeeper, but I felt that it was time to trust in our youngster.

Transfers – guess I made a mistake agreeing to sell Tsiaras before that forced transfer of Križmanić. It left us without a decent backup winger, but I just gave up trying to develop a casual player. Worst in training, unhappy with everything and never reacting well. 

Youth intake (preview)

Zizkov28/29

Spoiler

Zizkov28/29

Zizkov28/29

Zizkov28/29

Vaněk *29a | Wiesner *29b | Volešák *29c | Skuhravý *29d | Bureš *29e | Stracený *29f | Beneš *29g

Vanek can become a new key midfielder for us, defense and winger positions also got some improvement.

Zizkov28/29

The money we got from Benfica were used to improve all our infrastructure (the youth facilities are on the way and will be completed in July).

Brønshøj BK live score, schedule and results - Football - Sofascore

Brønshøj BK - Youth Intake Season 7

A few days before the intake we received some of our prize money for the league, allowing a couple of upgrades.

ermnWq.jpg

5z1N9w.jpg

The one thing we needed was a good DC, and this one will do quite nicely. Outside of this, there's not much going on, but it's a sign of progress to get to the point at which the entire intake doesn't become first team players right away.

fFWTSD.jpg

Aaquist 07a is a beast. Tall, not slow, both footed, Driven personality, and actually has technical ability to defend and even play with the ball at his feet. He's already 16 so will start every game possible until he leaves the club, he's that talented.

IapzAr.jpg

Sundberg 07b looks promising if not for having a poor personality. I don't think he will develop much, but he will be able to provide cover at both wingback positions next season.

Vuesif.jpg

2022/23 Season Review

b2vEsZs.png

Yeeeeee, the hardest and tremendous season in my football manager life, the relegation playoff its so near during the season, only at the penultimo match we have the certain to stay in the league, sweat season, one of the main reasoin its my bomber, the topscoarer Da Sagastizabal

BKyCbmV.png

One of the news its my manager license, now national c and the new players!!!! ... very low level, but Bianco its the new GK in first squad, because Galletti (the old gk) its on loan and the other dont renovate the contract, only on gk for all season, no virus please...

7IgDA5q.png

TPEXGsu.png

cX8HUci.png

dKPYMLf.png

3THskTZ.png

• spA1M7l.png

18 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

IapzAr.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems like the bug with Danish sides being able to offer players contracts even if they are under a part-time contract already still exists. So I expect to make the most out of the half season we'll have him for before another team is able to sign him on a free. Despite the fact that we have him contracted for 3+2 years.

South Shields

2024-2025

image.png.c16a8a1d49e8f3e0d382da284139d327.png

image.thumb.jpeg.02315c34c236dca8fa1aeadc5cc8305d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bfff95026fe14822e0860a518d1206f4.jpeg

Something strange happened. I first got the message with all D's and after a few months this changed to A's

image.thumb.jpeg.0aadbc05a3660c690eb7cf20c2730b8e.jpeg

Timage.thumb.jpeg.bc1dcc3ac8f24dc5b0b0274604f6df8f.jpeg

The Youth intake had some very good players. Especially Chris Edwards D(R) who is very good as a Centre Back.

image.png.9b37cc2068a564fb4e4619833e2abff5.png

image.thumb.jpeg.4c626b2d12f7517c87be402f62b5b6c5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e866bb8ceafebbe95d9e6a69c089bf38.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b564e57a17d60f89f642dc5813762e68.jpeg

image.png.cce04278a7128579545bf850f419adff.png

The season was very successful, finishing in 4th even though I lost in the playoffs. The stadium was expanded again since we had 89% attendance and 3 sellouts. The bad thing is tha our facilities were downgraded even though we have 400K Euro in the bank.

Edited by Maradona

I'm too lazy to keep reporting season after season, but i'm on season 6 and still in the 6th tier on England, but things are starting to click =].

@XaW I have a question for you, if you don't mind. How much of a role does retraining players play into your success? I've started doing it lil bit more and it's been a huge positive impact.

Edited by v1n1akabozo

image.png.d2091ac420a5d30a44e58ab8e658c7b7.png

TECOS FC END OF THE SEASON 2029-2030 (mexican 1st division)

Hey guys, to do a reminder we're in the first mexican division for the second year and last year we finished 9th in the opening stage and 17th in the closing stage, and we lived a similar year this season,

Now ill introduced you our most important players off the season 

Spoiler

gardien1.thumb.PNG.15f0488c203267edb39ecde99d1a8bac.PNGguarch.thumb.PNG.9f0f62106fa1e580e2bf1abaf830844b.PNGadame.thumb.PNG.cbe6d070080aea593090afda83d52eee.PNG

Like last year we played a very defensive tactic which doesn't really fit players as they are on the slow side but we don't have the quality to play more openly,

It payed off on the opertura where we played the most boring football but managed to finish 8th ( a new record yey ), we were blessed with the good form of our strikers especially Adame who was clinical in front of the goal and for the first season titular of Guarch he improved a lot and bringed us the pace we were lacking 

Spoiler

1830779666_openingstage.thumb.PNG.575c78c92c1b9b0d55a06920d6533d7d.PNG

But like last year we started to stuggle in the closura and we weren't able to bring wins till late in the season, honestly we didn't play badly and i think we showed better football than we did in the opening stage but we were lacking of the little flame who bring the 3 points, it was maybe luck maybe players quality maybe manager quality but we did the worst run of form since a long time . I tried to play more of a possession tactic in the end of the season who bring us a couple of wins but we still finished 17th. I felt bad about this because i was hoping to improve the club and for an other year we are in the bottom .

We're not relegated thought so it's not a disaster .

Here the league table followed by the squad list

Spoiler

clotura.thumb.PNG.f012620224ede18430a4d4506f1c81e2.PNGteam.thumb.PNG.da0d19e40c44da983b9274cee6be9a43.PNG

We gave a lot on appearances for the youngsters but no developing which is frustrating , Cervantes, Cruz and Landeros have like 100 matches played in the first team but their level stay the same so i think they won't improved much, 

Sanchez and Gallardo were bringed up to the first team this year but didn't improved at all 

We have some promising youngsters coming up for next season in left and right back positions, and i expect a lot from them.

Im worried for the few next years as we had two bad youth intake back to back so we have less quality than a few years ago in our youth team,

our youngsters promotion was bad this year as we have only one 5 stars potential , Henry Gonzalez, which is unambitious. Some others players have some potential but are absolutely terrible for now and it will be long before they could join the first team

Spoiler

preview.PNG.c332e6e9b08abbbadc59b30448884bae.PNG

jeunes.thumb.PNG.7302940a34e69d05c96816cb1615c03a.PNG

We kept all our player roster this year, but sadly Jaime Mar, our best player,is leaving in the end of his contract in 6 months ( he don't want to sign a new contract ) 

our financially situation is going on the red again after 2 calm years and we need to sell this transfer window but i hope i won't lose an important player. The financial situation of the club is giving me headaches as we lose a lot of money every year despite the fact that we don't give huge wages and i have no idea how to improve it . The biggest problem about it is that we can't improve facilities with no money in the bank and we are stuck with averages one.

Spoiler

transfers.thumb.PNG.f6d1325fdad661c3a21a9987288e818d.PNG

For the next season i will changes all tactics cause i think i can do better and i can't hide behind players quality as hubwub did a banger save with an other mexican club so i will try to keep up with the master

Let's hope for the best ! 

Edited by MacronQLF

106805.png.d3d122aaa2afc048bc27f888e2cdc572.png

Jomo Cosmos - Season 2025/26 Review

Manager Characteristics - Manager Attributes - Transfers - Fixtures 1, 2

DStv Premiership - 4th

1291192524_Screenshot(511).thumb.png.eb4c3db30aa221820969103e482a097d.png

A fantastic leap in league position compared to last year but only 10 points better off.  We were also top scorers in the league for the second season running but scored a couple less this time around.  We were fairly consistent throughout the season, spreading our losses throughout and only once having back to back defeats, although we could have been a lot better off if we hadn't have lost our first team goalkeeper as neither of the other keepers at the club are even remotely good.  With this fourth placed finish, I believe we will get entry to the second tier continental competition so I expect with the extra games we may not do as well next season.

MTN 8 - Quarter Final

The quarter final is the point at which the team gets entered so we lost at the first hurdle.

Telkom Knockout - First Round

Again another first stage exit for us but we did get drawn against Orlando Pirates so it was no surprise.

Nedbank Cup - Semi Final

We were excellent in what is the South African FA Cup, even setting the record for most goals in a single season of the cup, we got drawn against Sundowns in the semi final with the other semi final being between teams I would have fancied our chances against, unfortunately we conceded an equaliser in the 94th minute and the winner in the 121st minute. Sundowns would go on to win the cup against second tier opposition in the final.

Squad

1630171455_Screenshot(513).thumb.png.456801ea277f46f191ad23ed777fa1b8.png

We lost a couple of players from last season, unfortunately one was the goalkeeper and we had no real suitable alternative as the two goalkeepers at the club are poor.  I attempted to play the younger and better potential of the two as the main goalkeeper in the hope that we would improve and be a long term option, however, he hardly improved at all and in fact Sithole improved a lot more despite playing half of Arendse 24h's games.  Luckily neither will be the number one next season due to a better keeper coming through the intake.

Our centre backs were the best performing players in the defence with all the fullbacks struggling this season Ntuthuko Mlotshwa and Khaya Mashiane were the two starters with Siphamandla Ndukwane 24e doing well as the understudy.

The central defensive midfielders we play with were similar to the centre backs in that we had a couple of starters with a good understudy, although with Matsi Sono now being 34 Njabulo Francis 24g will probably become a starter alongside Bonginkosi Sibanyoni who having had his rapid development over the past couple of years seems to be on a plateau now.

In attacking midfield Mooketsi Phindela and Luke Mthimkulu 24a rotated the central role, both performing well although the latter's personality seems to be keeping him on a leash development wise.  On the the right Thokozani Shabalala was again one of the most important players with his goals and assists, making up for the left side not producing much this season, his understudy Sibusiso Modise 25l came in and had a great immediate impact in the team.

Up front, last season's top goalscorer Gontse Molefe was impressive with his 11 goals in what was a season of being a back up because the player of the season Ayanda Kubheka wanted an improved contract which meant he wanted to be a first team regular, luckily he repaid the faith by smashing 30 goals in 23 starts.

2041938888_Screenshot(516).thumb.png.bb409ce5562a0257e167cf469f634374.png

Youth Intake

1293685621_Screenshot(507).thumb.png.6296a176a2ab4b4523f443db5d257d39.png

Another great intake with lots of five star potentials and as has been the case since I joined the club the personalities are pretty good, I'm not sure I have ever had a single intake in FM where less than half have had bad personalities let alone three in a row. 

Also for the third season running we've had an AM (C) be one of the best players of the intake which is kind of frustrating because it will be difficult to get them enough game time to develop but Reason Shange 26d is still a really good prospect and I may have to try and retrain him.

Our first team AM (L) is currently underperforming and likes to get caught coming out of bars in the early hours so I already had a youth player from last season getting decent game time but I have had both Allan Mtsweni 26e and Mfundo Smith 26f come through who look like they can be instantly better back ups.

Then we come to Morgan Masuku 26g who is instantly the best goalkeeper at the club, I decided against using him this season because I wanted to keep the faith with the two we already had in case of them developing but from next season he will be my starting GK.

Finally the best player of the intake is Samkelo Johnson 26a who is already good enough to challenge for a first team spot especially as my other young left back from last year's intake needs some more time to develop away from the first team and really underperforming in almost every match he played.

1420265262_Screenshot(517).thumb.png.73e6babef43afddd786f16aa314b2071.png

Finances

1177867020_Screenshot(518).thumb.png.591e5dbee97e77c6a4d824fb41838964.png

The finances are looking ok and I'd say yearly we are probably breaking even at the moment and that is because since we increased both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment to excellent we began losing a small amount every month.  So even though with that happening every month with a small amount of prize money, sponsorships and season ticket income we are fairly healthy.  This does mean, however, that we likely won't see any improvements until we either have a big sale or make some decent prize money but the only competition where the prize money seems alright is in the champions league which is a little way off for us yet.  We also have only one more year until we move to our new stadium so that may also have an impact on our finances if we can attract more fans being in a less competitive town.  We also had our first ever sale this season, making £28k off a 19 year old who was an alright back up but nothing we will miss.

1715252788_Screenshot(519).thumb.png.efab34f5c34aadba883d588020046fca.png

1433181272_Screenshot(520).png.97063215a239e60698baaa38c5f37dd3.png