[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

No, strangely don't have this folder. 

I'm using a Mac, but shouldn't make a diff?

Just make the folder structure in documents/si/fm23/art/shared_textures

Then put a dds file called match_background, with the dimensions I mentioned, into the shared_textures folder and it ‘should’ work as the background for 2d matches.

Like I say, it’s been a while since I changed mine but I believe this is the location the game looks at for what you want to change.

*edit - Just had a chance to test and this IS the correct path for the 2d match background

Edited by Tyburn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Then put a dds file called match_background, with the dimensions I mentioned, into the shared_textures folder and it ‘should’ work as the background for 2d matches.

Like I say, it’s been a while since I changed mine but I believe this is the location the game looks at for what you want to change.

*edit - Just had a chance to test and this IS the correct path for the 2d match background

thanks mate, is there an xml file associated to it?

Edited by dino88

5 hours ago, Tyburn said:

worked!!! thanks so much guys! this is a MUST!!

image.thumb.png.7d67d53c63b447811950ef4c5f206894.png

3 minutes ago, dino88 said:

Is it me or does it realllyyyy slow the game down?

maybe, no clue.

But maybe thats why they removed it in the first place or disabled it until a solution was found.

all i can say is, try and move the file to a place outside of the skin and see if the speed comes back

6 minutes ago, dino88 said:

Is it me or does it realllyyyy slow the game down?

I only have a very simple, custom pure black dds image for my background. I haven’t noticed it make a difference personally.

It should already be out of any skin @snowofman so not sure that’s the issue.

Perhaps file size is on the large side with your image @dino88?

1 minute ago, Tyburn said:

I only have a very simple, custom pure black dds image for my background. I haven’t noticed it make a difference personally.

ahh yes ofc, was just the 1st thought i had. But it's never been in the skin in the first place.

File size  might be a possibility, but i have no clue

17 hours ago, Tyburn said:

I think it's because I'm playing on a mac. they're incapable of running two programmes together lol

Probably a long shot with a double question.. as much as I appreciate people letting me use some of there work I am not having the best of time with some news_item panels (mainly stuff squishing or cutting off) even when using the base panels. I am wondering

A. If there's any resources to what news_item panel controls what (I have some ideas for what I want to change)

B. What controls this (see image) as this is the worst culprit for cutting off (also kind of want to change the background to it).

image.png.7aeccb39c25703537c42460586f8cd19.png

C. BONUS QUESTION ( Tactics bar image) any idea why every time I close the game this panel removes it's self from the tactics folder and I have to manually re add it every time I open the game? It does the same for the match tactics.

image.png.5e2dc94fc8248cb5601857c6e70adc57.png

Sorted all 

missing panel in human panels fixed the issue with reshaped inbox panel

changed transparency in CoB TDD graphics no long coming through (incase anyone runs into these issues)

Edited by JustHowie
added image

Does anyone know where this space around the box is controlled ?

Thanks

space.thumb.PNG.d284e20391a4ee5caf5a4a78461968d0.PNG

Edit: I have checked "tactics overview panel" and "team tactics overview panel"

and non of them wanna play nice, maybe i'm just doing something wrong!

7 minuti fa, snowofman ha scritto:

tactics overview side panel

and 

tactics icon info panel overview
pitch with tactics container is the tactic

But where I can find the string about the foot ability icons? Because I want to add them into the tactics overview screen

2 minutes ago, FMLuc said:

But where I can find the string about the foot ability icons? Because I want to add them into the tactics overview screen

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

as it's a skin you're showing, i can't say where in the file

1 hora atrás, snowofman disse:

Thanks

I've always wanted to work on that screen a bit, make that middle box take up the whole screen - I don't care so much about the locker room background - but I never found the right file either. I'll also give it a go, now with a sharper eye.

7 minutes ago, lugui said:

I've always wanted to work on that screen a bit, make that middle box take up the whole screen - I don't care so much about the locker room background - but I never found the right file either. I'll also give it a go, now with a sharper eye.

yeah, it's been annoying me for awhile

the files i have checked are the path to it, if you find a solution to making the box larger, please do tell :) 

40 minutes ago, lugui said:

Tactics embedded I believe 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540255-expanding-usable-space-in-the-tactics-panel-fm21/

This might help

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Thanks

match/pre match briefing.xml

edit the width in line 6. 

I have width="1800" while using 1920x1080 resolution and it's almost full width. 

EDIT: @JustHowie is right with that tactics embeded file, I took a different panel... 

Edited by keysi

10 minutes ago, keysi said:

I have width="1800" while using 1920x1080 resolution and it's almost full width. 

EDIT: @JustHowie is right with that tactics embeded file, I took a different panel... 

Hmm it's not doing anything for me..

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Hmm it's not doing anything for me..

I can send you mine in a couple of hours?  8f you can wait. Need to change the line that matches the resolution you're playing at if I recall 

4 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

I can send you mine in a couple of hours?  8f you can wait. Need to change the line that matches the resolution you're playing at if I recall 

if i use the link you posted then i can change it, i just hoped there would be a place that could change depending on the resolution. :)  

28 minutes ago, keysi said:

ahh the pre match briefing.xml is 1 step further then the pre match screen. thats why i didnt change anything for me :)

thanks tho.

7 minutes ago, FMLuc said:

which file controls that screen and the ability foot icons?

Screenshot (6653).png

personally i don't understand what you want because there are no foot ability icons on this screen
do you want to add them to this screen or are you interested where is the file with shoe icon that displayed on this screen?
icons are in graphics\icons\custom\footed\

and

graphics\icons\custom\opposition instructions\

Edited by Olas Nick

absolute long shot here because I have tried looking around but has anyone managed to make custom views with dividers/separators yet? built in a custom view to my squad page got everything I want on there but I think it would look tidier with said separators

image.thumb.png.bbd57b92bb98cceeb6e11a69e565b040.png

42 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

absolute long shot here because I have tried looking around but has anyone managed to make custom views with dividers/separators yet? built in a custom view to my squad page got everything I want on there but I think it would look tidier with said separators

no direct id, but i believe some have had success by using graphics. But not 100% sure

1 hour ago, JustHowie said:

I scoured through this thread looking for that same answer the other week.  I think the consensus was that it wasn't possible.

I think I have buggered something up creating custom built in scouting views.

image.png.e179196faf3665110c9d94b6bcf39d9c.png

If I want to import a custom view I now get a crash, not ideal. 

EDIT: I am a tool I had removed all the views from the folder re importing corrected this for anyone having one of them days:idiot:

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

no direct id, but i believe some have had success by using graphics. But not 100% sure

Will give it a go, not been able to find it on anything released

Edited by JustHowie

Now I am getting there with layouts using adaptive containers, want to work on creating some nice classes to pull from rather than just sticking a load of information into one container.

So for example get it so the player pic and the badge are on top of the player details or something along those lines.

8 dakika önce, snowofman said:

ff.PNG.1b5fa872afb11b80c953c80faaab325a.PNG

@burak_95  - added your question here, so please continue here

@Olas Nick - just fyi.

@Olas Nick Master, I've been trying for an hour, but I couldn't do it. And in short, I'm having a hard time because my English is not very good. Could you help me with a little more explanation? Which xml file should I add this text and does it matter which line it is?

30 minutes ago, burak_95 said:

Master, I've been trying for an hour, but I couldn't do it. And in short, I'm having a hard time because my English is not very good. Could you help me with a little more explanation? Which xml file should I add this text and does it matter which line it is?

to any file in which you want to use the text in the picture you need to be added this code after widget with image. I don't remember which file is responsible for this in the manager's home

1 hour ago, burak_95 said:

@Olas Nick Master, I've been trying for an hour, but I couldn't do it. And in short, I'm having a hard time because my English is not very good. Could you help me with a little more explanation? Which xml file should I add this text and does it matter which line it is?

check out
manager upcoming fixture.xml

On 18/06/2023 at 11:16, JustHowie said:

A. If there's any resources to what news_item panel controls what (I have some ideas for what I want to change)

image.png.7aeccb39c25703537c42460586f8cd19.png

For anyone wanting to fix this for them selves.....

inbox content with press conference summary panel

<container class="vertical_arrange_container" alignment="top" layout="150, 80, 150" auto_size="vertical" inset="0" gap="0" >

image.png.a554046259c5f43d49b5422ab7a3f9bf.png

Em 21/06/2023 em 13:11, Fwiedwice disse:

Any idea how to make the font smaller for the team name in the match overview? If it is a long team name it get cut off.

Thanks
image.png.9a25e3174a4b1aba4a7419ec06221e28.png

Try checking the match incidents small ibh.xml panel or some of the "match incidents" panels in general, I don't remember exactly which one.

Try to find everything that is a widget class="text" id="mitn" and assign a smaller size with size="XX". Maybe you will have to clear the cache and restart the skin.

Sorry for not being more specific, I'm away from the computer and it's been a while since I've messed around with this panel. But go trial and error, a possible way is more or less as I mentioned.

1 hour ago, JrMiokola said:

I don't know anything about theme making. Is there a video, article or more that you think could be instructive?

sadly not, most is trial and error.
Best place to start would be to start here

and use the forum when you get stuck etc.

The "base" skin can be downloaded from here, it's the minimum required skin where you can make your own changes without breaking the default game

And here is how and where you extract the default files(pages) so you can copy the pages you want to edit / change into the base skin you got above

Is there any way to get the IGE icon to show if you don't own it? being asked to add it but because I do not own it I am uncertain if the adjustment I've made works or not :lol:

<!--in game editor edit object button-->
                                <widget class="edit_object_icon_button" id="edit" fixed="true" icon="icons/16px/edit" icon_alignment="centre" appearance="chrome/buttons/items/button" auto_size="none" multiline="false" width="44" height="44" secondary_icon_enabled="false">
                        <record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="fg" />
                        <attachment class="flash_colour_attachment" auto_start="false" rate="850">
                            <flags id="colour_property" value="bkcl" />
                        </attachment>
                    </widget>

this is the widget added adjusted the container in the titlebar to be wider to accommodate it , but I can't obviously see anything as I don't own the IGE