Raheem Sterling

oche balboa

3 hours ago, decapitated said:

I wonder if something similar happened to Ben White's house which led to him leaving the squad? If a gang of criminals are targeting the England teams houses whilst they are in Qatar then that is terrible.

It regularly happens to high profile people. Footballers homes get targeted during away matches. Actors homes get targeted when they're away filming.

These scumbags will jump on any opportunity.

3 hours ago, decapitated said:

I wonder if something similar happened to Ben White's house which led to him leaving the squad? If a gang of criminals are targeting the England teams houses whilst they are in Qatar then that is terrible.

If it is this, then it's having a material impact on our World Cup chances.

5 hours ago, Ackter said:

If I was a footballer, or anyone with ridiculous money, I'd have two 24 hour security details - one for the house, one for the family when theyre out

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous that this isn't commonplace. It shouldn't have to be, obviously, but the fact that footballers have been targeted this way for years now and still they don't hire security is mental. 

13 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Is he allowed to return to the WC if he feels he can? Or is the rule "once you leave you can't come back"?

Why would that be the rule? He's in the squad. FIFA aren't monitoring the squad and demanding they stay together.

He'll be allowed to return. If he'd have had it happen while in training camp and was left out of the final 26, then it'd be different.

Just now, Confused Clarity said:

Why would that be the rule? He's in the squad. FIFA aren't monitoring the squad and demanding they stay together.

He'll be allowed to return. If he'd have had it happen while in training camp and was left out of the final 26, then it'd be different.

Even Benzema is allowed to return since they didn't replace him.

56 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Sounds like no one was home when it happened also which is a good thing for the family 

I really feel for them, the trauma of arriving to a burgled house is very long-lasting. As pointed out, slightly better than being there at the time though.

38 minutes ago, The Golden boy said:

It sounds as if he'd moved in recently to the house and had workmen in to do work, so it's possible one of those people tipped people off as to the access codes.

Awful thing to do, I worked for millionaires back in the day, trust is vital and better for you in the long run anyway!

46 minutes ago, fxbghdfn said:

Exactly. Should have played the match and gone home after given it was just a bog standard burglary and no one was in when it happened. 

Tell me you've never ever faced any hardship in life ever without telling me.

57 minutes ago, fxbghdfn said:

Exactly. Should have played the match and gone home after given it was just a bog standard burglary and no one was in when it happened. 

Would you want to work after a "bog standard burglary"? 

42 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Tell me you've never ever faced any hardship in life ever without telling me.

Idk there's two types of people who would think like that: stuck up gits who don't care about anything that doesn't affect them, or burglars themselves.

9 minutes ago, fxbghdfn said:

Well it could have been an aggravated burglary but it wasn't. Not saying it's nice but he's playing in a world cup. Could have gone and dealt with it the day after the match. 

His family would still have been upset.

He wanted to be with his family.

Some things are more important than sport.

13 minutes ago, fxbghdfn said:

Well it could have been an aggravated burglary but it wasn't. Not saying it's nice but he's playing in a world cup. Could have gone and dealt with it the day after the match. 

You do know the match was a game of football? Not a do or die duel for the fate of the galaxy!

His family are without daddy and intruders have been in their home. It is a traumatising, scary situation at any time, let alone when a parent is at the other side of the world 

Edited by Icondacarver

48 minutes ago, fxbghdfn said:

He also could have gone and seen his, obviously rather upset, family sooner. So he did. Because he and his family are human beings not robots.

How can you be so lacking in basic empathy that you're criticising a guy for wanting to go home and see his family after a really **** experience? And what do you think Sterling's opinion would have been of Southgate if he goes "nah mate, you should stay and sit on the bench in case we need you, **** your family"?

It's obvious he had to go home and see what happened.

If I were him, I would also want to have a 'conversation' with those criminals after their arrest. The police probably wouldn't allow it. :( 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fxbghdfn said:

Good to know your priorities are in order. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, fxbghdfn said:

The outrage in here :D

Let's hope Mbappe gets burgled on Friday night. ;)

I think Mbappé is more afraid of getting burgled in Qatar on Saturday.

10 hours ago, fxbghdfn said:

The outrage in here :D

Let's hope Mbappe gets burgled on Friday night. ;)

No wonder!

[Private message to fxbghdfn] Alright mate, you selling any of Raheems stuff or is it all gone? [/Private message to fxbghdfn]