The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Staff -> Responsibilities -> Advise and reports -> Provides Youth Development Information

The drop down menu there is the place.

oh damn... was set as the u18's manager :(

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

Season 140 - 2162/63 - PL

First season back in the PL

It was always going to be tough, this was the first game, 2-0 up

Then concede 6 goals in last 21 mins

image.png.462a4f2489cb864a90784aecffd11458.png

We also broke our record for our biggest defeat

image.png.f326829b2f38013c445f48069e3a0c34.png

And especially loved this result

Southampton hadn't won all season in the league then a nice roll over by us

image.png.9e3f2f2bed31246c81958c2d3300fe3d.png

The away form was embarrassing

image.png.f31be935023c78a4cde9a734685d1430.png

However we managed to stay up with 10 wins and 34 points

image.thumb.jpeg.44ad6f4d23f64ef02caeae2a3957753e.jpeg

20240703201056_1.thumb.jpg.7abd20e8a28cd652987c0b2b0696be43.jpg20240703175548_1.thumb.jpg.6a114cef2aca0469e48e85f060a21e43.jpg20240703175554_1.thumb.jpg.4df1d0383f09345fa7022f5390d5a2ec.jpg20240703201035_1.thumb.jpg.d6965f2405d733cb0ef4176ef02d3bc8.jpg

image.thumb.png.172ffe1b4dba697deb5bb85c07bd0545.png

Going by star ratings Ethan Tracy could maybe go straight into the main squad. Looks like you have a really young team and managed to survive so season on season could see an improvemnet.

39 minutes ago, Riebow said:

@XaW what do they put it in the water over there? Another 4-star CA out of the intake! 16 crossing  :eek:

No clue mate, I'm over the moon with these players coming through!

I have an issue with too many talented left backs though, as I now have 3!

6lyNRJk.png

nWOooY5.png

fxtLlfp.png

I mean, the new guy is obviously the most talented and the one I will use, but hell, there are too many of them! :p 

44 minutes ago, XaW said:

No clue mate, I'm over the moon with these players coming through!

I have an issue with too many talented left backs though, as I now have 3!

I mean, the new guy is obviously the most talented and the one I will use, but hell, there are too many of them! :p 

If 1 leaves which could easily happen there will be no problem, also 2 of them can play a few positions so they should all be able to be fitted in

Just now, Thebaker said:

If 1 leaves which could easily happen there will be no problem, also 2 of them can play a few positions so they should all be able to be fitted in

Yeah, certainly I'll try to develop all of them. Just wish one of them was dual footed to also fill a spot on the right back, as we have fewer good options there.

Would love a goalkeeper, strikers, or wingers over more left backs! :D 

1 minute ago, NoNonsenseFM said:

Decided to give this a go. Very much enjoyed reading through this and mainly @XaW's post in Switzerland so have decided to go there. The club promoted to the challenge league was Kriens

image.thumb.png.c7778919f906c526f15b4e18bc7103cc.png

Switzerland is fun, and the newgens seems to be really good! :D

Checked Kriens and it seems they have a very good setup, so hope you get some good ones.

23 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Going by star ratings Ethan Tracy could maybe go straight into the main squad. Looks like you have a really young team and managed to survive so season on season could see an improvemnet.

Yes, couple of potential issues with him

Low Determination personality

And he is absolutely tiny at 5"1

Fingers crossed can integrate him next season

image.png.8c2f70d84d65045589de24a626096114.png

As a Villa fan, I feel like I might do a Monchi save as a Sporting Director.  A save where I sign players.  I'm not sure I remember how to :).  Am I having a mid-life crisis!?

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb Padders:

Yes, couple of potential issues with him

Low Determination personality

And he is absolutely tiny at 5"1

Fingers crossed can integrate him next season

image.png.8c2f70d84d65045589de24a626096114.png

Would not have made it in my U18 to tell it frankly @Padders. I don't want to work with those guys anymore. I'd made that promise back in VNS and it paid off clearly. Meaning that in some years there are only 1-2 players which got places at my U18. I want them to be my future core for my man/machine set up. They need decent personalties, they need determination, work rate and bravery. I know it's hard for this guy to pass him on but there will be better players in the future I am sure. Unambitious or low determination players don't get a place. 

Edited by HanziZoloman

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

Would not have made it in my U18 to tell it frankly @Padders. I don't want to work with those guys anymore. I'd made that promise back in VNS and it paid off clearly. Meaning that in some years there are only 1-2 players which got places at my U18. I want them to be my future core for my man/machine set up. They need decent personalties, they need determination, work rate and bravery. I know it's hard for this guy to pass him on but there will be better players in the future I am sure. Unambitious or low determination players don't get a place. 

Yes I think I might have to be more brutal with these kind of players.

I try to get them to work and see if the personality will change

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.94c0a53cbf57e5a170b897ce131f5b6a.png

Here comes an insight into my DNA squad building. Maybe the Earl wants to show off a bit or make the whole effort a bit visible for more people than himself.

The Earl has put together a Team DNA for developing into a mean/machine Team. Note that our team personalty is highly ambitious. This is why players on low determination or unambitious players have no room and should set their sails elsewhere. 

First Picture is our first team. All key attributes are summed up into a DNA score. The Earl will also notice all personality changes. All measures are taken in August when the squad is full together (all loans back, all transfers out) and January. The Earl can then decide on which part of the DNA to put more effort in training. At the moment the main part is distributed into technical skills like TEC, PAS, VIS & FIR. Especially in U18s training. Training facilities are excellent since Nov 71.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2024-07-05um12_15_36.thumb.png.9614d7ac1a2a80c20dcf4ff5cea2f40a.png

As you can see in the 1st squad the effort in Technical skills is paying off. Overall the squad gained 29 attribute points since August. Tyler Wright gained 7 points after gaining 13 points before and is clearly a player to watch closely. On the other hand Kenny Keen who is highly talented and promising and has a resolute personality is scratching his attributes together. He is clearly one to worry, often injured and having a hard time to find some good match form. Loric Kalala has maintained his skills over a long period of time and is still one of the best, despite his age. One can also find underrated players who don't seem to match on first sight but score high on the club essentials, players like Gregory Meyers ore Ade Izzet. Ross Beadle is the best, he is the beast we all want to see on the pitch for our side. You can also see that players gain crucial attribute points in later stages of their careers, like Ross or like Tom Moore, Meyers or Izzet. Our most promising youngster Solomon Olaniyi who measures 201cm is developing exceptional and will be our future captain. Leadership is 18 and his realist personality will be grounding for everyone. Together with 200cm Mo Yarjah they will form the 401cm twintower defence. At the moment I play both of them with a more experience squad player (Meyers/ Izzet) to further support their development.

Here we can see the youth squad. A noticed before I only take over players with good personalities and there where few in the last years. 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2024-07-05um12_15_50.thumb.png.0a2bcaa11fb4031353bc98ff9ef9c6a9.png

As TEC skills are hard to gain my focus lies heavily on this part of player development in the U18s. It did pay off, especially after some adjustments at the beginning of the season. Last years didn't brought the expected results. I changed training schedules and coaches. Rob Grimshaw did develop really promising and gained 12 attribute points in the Ricay DNA. Ashley Church and Danny Douglas are loaned out as they are above 18 and does not have a true chance in our 1st team. Ashley Church seems to use his time well and will be worth a second look. Danny will have to move on. Ashley is now in the green range with above 160 "points". Warren Barker (he is yellow range, need to change that) is the one I watch, his 5 points gains are what we are looking for.

FM23

256px-Logo_CATANIA_FC_svg.png.127134d1065e3078a13b7567556ed9f7.png

Catania - Season 4 – 2025/26

Like last season, we were predicted to finish 13th, but with worse odds, 20-1. It was one of the most frustrating seasons I have ever played on football manager. There were so many games where we missed a lot of chances and our opponents were infallible, tripling their xG or worse. This game against Cerignola was the start of the trend. Games against Francavilla, Monopoli and Foggia weren’t any better. Deep sigh. In the end we finished 12th, a spot above the projection. I was our worst season both offensively and defensively.

It was a fantastic year to poach our academy kids. Venturi went to Reggina. Martziale went to Perugia.  Cortinovis and Soave went to Palermo. Seriously considering putting a restraining order on the club, they spend too much time around our kids. Just hope none of them is close to the clergy. My staff was poached as well. My very good and trusted assistant manager went to Trento to be their new manager. Cosenza picked our u20 assistant manager Ukra as their new manager.

The youth preview was once again terrific. We were promised 9 A rated prospects, a third of them central defenders, one position I am severely lacking at the moment. The intake was as good as advertised, nine elite talents. I will go more in depth on the very cream of the crop. Terracciano is a very mentally impressive defensive midfielder. Gualtieri is a very well rounded, slightly more technical than athletic wide attacker. Picasso is a central defender/left back with a very poor personality. Cocuzza looks like the best of the bunch. My assistant thinks his best position is that of a winger, but to me he is a clear Deeplaying forward, like Esposito. None of them have brilliant personalities. Hoping for the best. Really think the three excluding Picasso could go far, maybe even be Serie B level players.

Andrea Vicedomini is turning into quite the deeplying playmaker for our team. He had an incredible number of passes against Arzachena this season.

I got my first job offer of the save, from Padova. Nice to be noticed by others, even if I am tied down for good with Catania.

Esposito was our leading scorer this season with 11 goals in 37 games. Horrible

Lubishtani was our best rated player with 7.12

Chiarella was our leading creative force with 8.

Hoping for internal development next season. Cervoni and Esposito are starting to look like a good striker partnership. Vicedomini is improving. Finaly have a goalkeeper who is more than 2 stars. Hopefully we can get back into the playoffs and that we have more luck than the disaster class of this season.

@skills when youths get paoched they take  1-4 seasons to actually come through in hte game and be visible. Usually i only notice when i see a 5% sell-on in transfer clauses

2 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Padders Tracy could be the shortest player i have ever seen, he might grow a bit. The bigger problem is his determination, get him into a positve mentoring group

Yes have done already

10 minutes ago, NoNonsenseFM said:

2024/25 - Kriens FC

SC_Kriens_new_logo.png

image.png.d54597811db04792dc572c5abeef79ed.png

Squad Transfers Finances

What a brilliant first season in charge, we had a good squad to start with so the lack of being able to sign anyone didn't hinder us. We were predicted to end 6th but we massively surpassed that, winning the league with a game to spare.

In the Swiss Cup we didn't fare as well, losing in the first round to a lower league side

image.png.1e7064c467fa781328f9eaa1f6edb352.png

In other good news, our Under 18s won the League, I'll talk more about some of those players in a bit.

image.thumb.png.3496da1726f7437aac993af48c8f50de.png

I also managed to take advantage of the great start to persuade the board to some improvements to the facilities.

image.png.d0e7d6df5201533cc56f78bb3572ad21.png

image.png.31e77553825432cfa88d6a95b42968d6.png

Hopefully this helps with the intakes in the future, it still needs improvements as expected but it's a good start.

image.png.4b23a837be13dea928f79b136e457f61.png

Still a long way to go to max out the facilities. What we need now is a decent influx of cash to help. Hopefully moving up to the Swiss Super League will help.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer and Player of the Season - Saleh Chihadeh

A key man over the campaign who's 16 goals were vital to our title win. He does want to leave so at the moment I'll be losing him in the Summer, hopefully our move up a division will persuade him to stay

Most Assists and Young Player of the Season - Liam Bollati

13 assists from Right Back is a fantastic season, one of our highest rated players and brightest prospects, unfortunately he also wants to leave and I've had to agree to letting him go if a bid of £170k+ is received.

Youth Intake

I expected it to be a good one with the lack of high quality in our squad and the preview predicted just that.

image.thumb.png.4d153d92425fd43150bebfff1c57d85e.png

But we all know the preview doesn't always correlate into actual good players, this time however it exceeded expectations!

image.thumb.png.58c96a173911f01a61e23a5dbaed18e3.png

Eight "elite" talents and one "top" talent. Some great prospects but are any of them actually good enough to push for a first-team spot?

I've decided to label each player with the year of the intake and "E" for elite and "T" for top.

Jannik Unger - Central Midfield

Screenshot2024-07-05124244.png.156f155693b2a397e91bea0a4e4ee8b9.png

Eder Luis - Central Midfield

Screenshot2024-07-05124251.png.7e689e741b177c9ce49b54415514880a.png

Christian Speranza - Defensive Midfield

Screenshot2024-07-05124300.png.e8bf7b4551030c3c27a73810e1cd90ce.png

Joel Dutsch - Right Wing

Screenshot2024-07-05124306.png.98420115b712a20c5b5e5b00313481bc.png

Dorde Pajevic - Central Defender

Screenshot2024-07-05124314.png.c01fffe78a25714d27269a1fc7c60289.png

Leopold Amtsfeld - Goalkeeper

Screenshot2024-07-05124228.png.ec3506e687db57c8b88cfa1fc5441d87.png

Mustafa Cakir - Striker

Screenshot2024-07-05124236.png.8ff59387003d26faf4e3141fa83d72af.png

None of them are real world-beaters but all of them can do a job in the first-team squad with a bit of training and mentoring.

Overall a great first season, promotion is massive, now we have the tough task and getting the squad ready for the Super League, it's going to be very tough.

image.thumb.png.7042014e426d4fe241d6f07d44d59ba4.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nice work, good luck with the coming season!

One thing that really annoy me in my save is that none of my youth teams play in any league, and has not joined one so far. I feel it is really hindering to the youth players, and it's almost to the extent that I'm considering abandoning the save...

I know, it's my fault for not checking, but I thought they might join when we reached the top tier. But if it's a closed league...

Anyway, I might head somewhere else, I'll have a think about it.

Haven't been able to get as much game time this week however getting stuck in season 14 today and this pops up:

S14-Takeover.thumb.png.6c4fb32cfd2e88ed8a9d5d299964c254.png

One of the groups interested have stated they will name a new manager which apparently is an attempt to get the supporters on their side......by sacking a club legend?

Either way, it might signal the end of the save.....has anyone been replaced when one of these takeovers actually go through?

7 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Haven't been able to get as much game time this week however getting stuck in season 14 today and this pops up:

One of the groups interested have stated they will name a new manager which apparently is an attempt to get the supporters on their side......by sacking a club legend?

Either way, it might signal the end of the save.....has anyone been replaced when one of these takeovers actually go through?

I have gotten a message like that a few times, but never got sacked. It usually ends up with you getting a message from the new chairperson that they are impressed by the level of support you have at the club and that they have decided to keep you at the helm.

@resurectedja Daci looks a beast in the air, should win most headers. Cannot remember the last time i saw a player with 19 for heading and never a youth player, normally its very low heading ability when generated.

3 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

If you do well the following months, you usually get to keep the job, but I think some have been booted as soon as the takeover happens. I also think being favoured by the club or fans helps.

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

S14-TakeoverCompleted.thumb.png.e63f561a67be559cf654c47225e61e88.png

So I kept my job (it went to the other group) but the icing on the cake is this.....

S14-YouthFacilitiesImprovementBack.png.746e48175a85d08b05c0934a18bde69c.png

The new chairperson must have a higher WWY rating as the Improve Youth Facilities makes a welcome return!

You love to see it!

21 hours ago, XaW said:

One thing that really annoy me in my save is that none of my youth teams play in any league, and has not joined one so far. I feel it is really hindering to the youth players, and it's almost to the extent that I'm considering abandoning the save...

I know, it's my fault for not checking, but I thought they might join when we reached the top tier. But if it's a closed league...

Anyway, I might head somewhere else, I'll have a think about it.

Any further on your decision?

You’ve had such a great start that it would be a real shame to stop now.

Is loaning players out to just get first team football instead of playing in your youth team not really an option, can’t remember the rules around loaning in Switzerland, if you can loan out at 17 it’s better than them sitting playing friendlies all the time.

Posted (edited)

I hate that I can’t maintain interest in a save beyond about 10 years.

13 seasons complete in Northern Ireland and doing very well but I always start to get itchy feet at this point.

I loved my Katwijk and Chiasso saves, I felt some kind of connection but with Crewe it feels like I’m doing it because Northern Ireland hasn’t been completed yet. Getting 95% of my intake being northern Irish, no players with a cap whilst being at the club, TWENTY ONE players away on international for 4 games in the space of 8 days, having to play in 6 competitions in a season….its just dragging now.

I miss the buzz of a new club and varied intakes, I feel utterly ashamed when I see padders save going for so long and sticking to it and here’s me whinging and whining after 13 seasons :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo