The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

On 20/07/2024 at 18:55, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Our board wouldn't budge on upgrading junior coaching or youth recruitment even after our promotion and our secure finances. So I settled for the next best option and am promised an upgrade if I develop youth this season, which shouldn't be a problem.

I did this with my Cowdenbeath save and they sacked me at the end of the season.

I think the promise is bugged am my entire team was under 21, 3 of them were 17 and in their first season. 

It was really frustrating!

Hopefully it works out for you - let us know!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

What do people think about reloading and not making that promise? I had a save on the day of the decision since it was the day the intake came through? If not I'll probablt restart with the same club and a different save since I've been enjoying this.

I didn't read this far before posting above!

Honestly, if I had that option I would have taken it like a shot. I was really enjoying my save as well and as far as i can see it's a bizarre bug that unfairly punishes us II think I was sacked after winning the Cup or something) so I would have no problem with reloading and not making the promise

It sucks, but it sucks far less than having the save ruined cos of a stupid bug (that they are aware about!)

edit: just checked - they sacked me 2 days before a play-off final! two 17 year olds had played 35+ games that season!

Edited by libbyshuss

Has anyone noticed someone playing a youth only type build a nation save on FM24?  I know it sounds insane difficulty wise: use one nation, use only players coming through your academy and you are allowed to move clubs. It might take a few centuries to make really headway aha. I kind of fell into playing it that way after continuing my failed Frigg save in this challenge. :) Any one know of a user doing that? 

@libbyshuss I assume you saw the same 4 players with their training taking a nosedive?

As a Rangers fan I know only too well of players “downing tools” IRL and in game I have seen similar in the past and now in my current save I’ve seen it with Adel Y1-A and me turning Bolton away.

Its definitely the hardest part of having players that stand out from the rest of the squad.

Fid others in the squad then demand you sell them as that usually cause the manager support to drop significantly.

3 hours ago, Gundo said:

Has anyone noticed someone playing a youth only type build a nation save on FM24?  I know it sounds insane difficulty wise: use one nation, use only players coming through your academy and you are allowed to move clubs. It might take a few centuries to make really headway aha. I kind of fell into playing it that way after continuing my failed Frigg save in this challenge. :) Any one know of a user doing that? 

Never seen anyone do it but to be honest I think the youth only challenge is a build a nation of sorts just minus the transfers in and it obviously stops if/when the champions league has been won.

You don’t build a nation by only using players of one nation at the start of the save, generally you build the strength of the league by bringing in foreign players. After many, many years if European trophies can be won then the reputation of the league grows and the clubs of that nation improve as well. Here we can’t sign players but I see no benefit in restricting yourself to only play youths from your current nation first of all because the majority will be of that nation anyway and secondly getting players from a better nation possible due to affiliation or nationalities of HoYD etc. is a key strategy for getting success in this challenge for nations with poor youth ratings.

If you really enjoy a save and you complete the challenge the rules then go out the window as you can take over the national team as well and sign players if you want or stay true to the youth only rules.

32 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I assume you saw the same 4 players with their training taking a nosedive?

yep, you got it!

I almost tagged you into that Rangers result......

2 hours ago, resurectedja said:

FM23

256px-Logo_CATANIA_FC_svg.png.30338b98a2597082aeff44e36acb852b.png

Catania - Season 6 – 2028/29

This save has an annual tradition. At the start of the third consecutive season, Chievo trigger Curci’s release clause and he turns them down. We keep our best defender for one more year at least. The sly bookies had high hopes for us, ranking is 3rd in the season preview. Just before the season started, I got a message in the inbox that I never gotten before. Mind you, I have been playing this game for 15 years. The message said we developed a new rivalry! Due to similar season finishes and only 1 draw in 13 games, we are now considered fierce rivals. It was a long and hard battle for most of the season with Consenza and Virtus. We were on top for most of the season, but they would jump us on the occasion. 4 games to go, after we drew against Consenza, which left us with point lead, I was very optimistic. Our last 4 games were against the bottom 3 teams and Virtus at 3. Last game, point ahead and we go and trash Virtus 6 1, both teams doubling their xG. Consenza drew in the last round, so we finished champions with 3 points. After 6 seasons we are going to Serie B baby! The success this season nearly doubled our average attendance record from 640 to 1091! But that wasn’t the most important end of season news. Curci extended his contract for 4 more years! Impressed by our run to the title, Bologna and Torino both offered me the job.

We had our worst youth preview yet, but it was still pretty promising. It said that we were expected to get 7 A rated players, 3 of whom were strikers. No goalkeeper or central defender in sight so far. The intake itself looked a bit disappointing. We have gotten 4 elite talents. La Casio is the only elite talent that isn’t 5 stars, but 4,5. He has the best personality of the bunch with professional, with sky high determination of 19. Expect him to terrorize defenses with his pace soon, maybe even next season. Tortelli isn’t slow like his name would refer. He is the second coming of Cervoni, just starting out with a better personality. Giuliani is another high prospect who is unambitious. Had so many in this save. Will try to fix it with tutoring, but so far, I have only succeeded with Cervoni. The last elite kid is Minoti. He is a fickle person who can play everything in the defense, but also has marking 5. Not that promising all in all. There is potential, but even with all my staff having high professionalism, I still get intakes with dogy personalities at the top. But hey, at least those three 2-star prospects are resolute.

I managed my 200th game this season.

Esposito was the best goalscorer in the league with 28, helped by 9 penalties. This scoring prowess led him to be called up for the U20 World Cup for Italy.  Vicedomini was our best rated players for the second season in a row with 7,39. Our left full back on attack and best crosser Lubishtani lead the assist charts with 10. Impressive. Can’t remember the last time I had a full back with double digit assists.

Cervoni won the u19 Player of the Month for August and March, Esposito won it for September, January, and April.

When it comes to the Team of the Month, , Lubisthani was named four times, , Luongo trice Boccia was named twice like, Lorenzini, Savoia , Vicedomini and Esposito, Zadi was included as well. The Team of the Year included Luongo, Lubishtani, Lorenzini, Boccia, Zadi, Mora and Esposito.

Esposito and Savoia were featured in the Italy u18 team.

The plans for next season are to play a bit more solid, try and survive in the second division. Hopefully we can give minutes to some of ours 5-star kids. There are 5 or 6 of them who are around the first team. If the results go our way, they should see 20+ games each.

How is Curci looking?

I've finally got into a save that I have made progress and been promoted with RC Jaen at the 3rd time of asking. Will need to do a full review on here once I have time!

image.png.d34bddafcdb51144381a2f6007364063.png

Table Transfers | Squad

Shambles of a season were the team started poorly, improved a bit and ended with just 6 points from the last 10 games. The strikers could not score and left to to the midfielders and the CB's and GK had shockers in every game not matter who played.

Not entered in the Swedish cup (entry is based on area and rep, i have worked out there are 3 spots in the area and 5 teams in the area with much higher rep than mine and another 3 in the top 2 divisions which don't count for the 1st rd).

Finances improved due to this windfall but the board are still refusing every request i make. Messaoudi was sold as i felt that some of the youth players were at a similar standard even though he had played 125 games with 25 goals and was club captain and favored personnel.

Lai was the top scorer from CM and best player, Noren played a number of games and showed promise. Keymer scored his 50th goal and became top scorer.

Youth preview and intake are a waste of time since my staff cant separate them in any way in terms of potential. Andersson, Holgersson and Tahiri look the best.

Spoiler

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

96.35%

Sweden

89.58%

Somalia

0.52%

Uruguay

0.52%

Iraq

0.52%

Africa

2.60%

Bosnia

1.56%

Eritrea

0.52%

Asia

0.52%

Greece

1.04%

Niger

0.52%

South America

0.52%

Albania

1.04%

Nigeria

0.52%

North America

Turkey

1.04%

Gambia

0.52%

Oceania

Italy

0.52%

Kosovo

0.52%

Serbia

0.52%

England

0.52%

Spoiler

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Arvidsson,Messaoudi (8)

Jensen(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (11)

Warmlov(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

6th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (10)

Lai(9)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

10th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (15)

Messaoudi (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

7th

Not entered

N/A

Strom - 27j (11)

Athanasiou -26p (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

9th

Not entered

N/A

Lai(12)

Noren -28k (5)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Notes 

Youth Name

All time apps

Youth Name

All time Goals

Youth Name

All time Assists

Roger Gustafsson (25e)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Milton Strom (27j)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Mathias Sandin (25d)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Mathias Sandin (25d)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Gustav Pettersson (25g)

Gustav Pettersson (25g)

Edited by Thebaker

Alright, pro tip from me. Remember to check that the training intensity is actually set to automatic and not "automatic"...

image.thumb.png.a66124897336beb95a26860ce3ada40d.png

See this guy? Rasmus Skovgaard? He seemingly should have the automated intensity, but he hasn't, he is barely training, I think due to the Workload being "very light". So going into the drop down and selecting "Automatic" again.

image.png.773e906edbd316da4f632f83a230affa.png

This changes everything.

image.thumb.png.1a9a5d4f175ba1ebe54b5163a966269b.png

Now, he is on the same double intensity as the rest and his workload indicates he actually trains now.

So, the tip is, go into individual training and check every once in a while. :) 

@XaW  Question about your save in Denmark: did you come across the problems that I had in my save? I couldn't give my staff part-time contracts. And I lost several players for free, while they had a semi-pro contract.

On 21/05/2024 at 21:30, Winski said:

Well, I'm not sure if I will continue this save. There are some problems in Denmark, I think. I can't give my staff part-time contracts, only amateur contracts. So that's a bit weird, as we are semi-pro. But more important: other clubs can sign my players for free, even when they have a semi-pro contract! At the start of season 3 I lost several players, because other/bigger clubs can just sign them for free. I don't like that. At all. So I lost the motivation a bit to continue this save.

6 minutes ago, Winski said:

@XaW  Question about your save in Denmark: did you come across the problems that I had in my save? I couldn't give my staff part-time contracts. And I lost several players for free, while they had a semi-pro contract.

No issues so far with players (only a youth player was poached from an amateur contract, but no, no staff on anything other than amateur yet. Still, that also happens a bit in Norway, so I think the staff thing will be fixed when we go professional, at least I hope so.

Am 12.7.2024 um 19:48 schrieb MichaelNevo:

I've decided to take some time to look at bringing in my own HOYD as per the recommendations made in the official post. I'm not sure if I've done the right thing here, but considering the HOYD that I've replaced had horrendous stats and only a Balanced personality, I've decided to replace him with a Goalkeeping Coach who has a Model Citizen personality. At first he told me simply where to shove my offer (basically where the sun doesn't shine), but I persuaded him by giving him a second job as a Goalkeeping Coach, which basically means he will have a dual role in the club.

Has anyone else had experience in offering dual roles and does it affect anything in a bad way?

Here is who I signed...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett 

Good idea, but the last time I had my HOYD doing a second job, he was absolute trash. He had perfectionist personality but the intakes personalities were always awful. After I replaced him with a HOYD with a worse personality (I think it was professional), the intakes started to improve. Now I cant really remember if his first or second job was HOYD, but it didnt work for me. So my advise would be to wait for someone who wants to work as a HOYD full time and has a good personality. I for example found an HOYD with Model Citizen personality from Azerbaijan and dragged him to Romania haha - took me 10 years tho

3 hours ago, Winski said:

3 hours ago, XaW said:

No issues so far with players (only a youth player was poached from an amateur contract, but no, no staff on anything other than amateur yet. Still, that also happens a bit in Norway, so I think the staff thing will be fixed when we go professional, at least I hope so.

I spoke too soon...

I'll try to push through though, but if all my best players are poached, this might be the death of another of my attempts...

6 hours ago, KingKCrush said:

Good idea, but the last time I had my HOYD doing a second job, he was absolute trash. He had perfectionist personality but the intakes personalities were always awful. After I replaced him with a HOYD with a worse personality (I think it was professional), the intakes started to improve. Now I cant really remember if his first or second job was HOYD, but it didnt work for me. So my advise would be to wait for someone who wants to work as a HOYD full time and has a good personality. I for example found an HOYD with Model Citizen personality from Azerbaijan and dragged him to Romania haha - took me 10 years tho

Thanks for your insight, I'll see what happens for the next intake and then look to remove him if nothing comes of it.

Escudo_del_Deportivo_Quito.png

Sociedad Deportivo Quito - Review Season 3

With the board playing youth bug avoided, we ended up exceeding all expectations in the first season in the top flight. The league didn't have much parity and it felt like anyone could beat anyone, but I was surprised to end up in 2nd place in the apertura phrase. We came back down to earth after that, but still finished a very respectable 5th place and will be playing in the Copa Sudamericana next season. As you can see, we were closer to 13th place than we were to 2nd and 6 points separated 5th to 10th. The youth really improved (will have a youth progress update out next) to become key performers this season, and promptly kicked up a fuss about moving to a stronger club as the year ended. We have them all locked up for the next 5 seasons though, so no need to worry yet.

Hk0wov.jpg 

xi8VJn.jpg

Top 3 performers:

Spoiler

NSskKt.jpg

xrnXfp.jpg

4EtAl9.jpg

7udG8K.jpg

Having some continental competition prize money will be nice next season, but we're finally secure for now. Have not managed to bank enough for any upgrades however.

ecfuoR.jpg

R4IKu8.jpg

Nothing, squad is a good size now.

zwePp8.jpg

1 hour ago, CJ'43 said:

image.png.50e6884283260c5bb00964bb3e098e

Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα

Season 33 - 2056/57

Schedule / Transfers / Finances / Manager

Season summary: It wasn't our best season in the challenge, but we managed to qualify for the UCL. We had a lot of draws against teams we should have beaten easily, and we finished the first part of the season 10 points off the top of the table. The championship phase was highly competitive, with no clear favorites as every team seemed capable of beating one another. We maintained 3rd place, finishing 12 points behind Asteras Tripolis, who won their second-ever title.

In the cup, we beat Kozani but were eliminated by Olympiacos in the quarter-finals.

In Europe, we had a decent run in the league phase, nearly qualifying directly for the Round of 16 with notable victories against Porto, Barcelona, and Tottenham. However, a 2-1 loss in the last match against Celtic sent us to the knockout stage, where we faced Celtic again. We lost the first leg in Scotland, but a convincing 3-0 win at home advanced us to the Round of 16. There, we faced Liverpool, whom we had also faced in the league phase, at that time losing 3-2 after leading 2-0 in England. In the first match of the knockout round, we lost 1-0 at home. In the second leg, we equalized the aggregate score with five minutes to go, but Liverpool scored a minute later, sending us out once again. For the 8th time, we couldn't progress beyond the Round of 16 in the competition.

Giannis Ouzounis 43h was our most consistent player with an average rating of 7.18, and despite missing a good part of the season due to injury, Ilias Giannikoglou 47b was our top goalscorer. Giorgos Pallas 52c was named the European Golden Boy, and on the NXGN list, Pierre 54a ranked 12th and Pavlos Vitilis 54d ranked 38th. Our right-back Marios Thraskias 43d was our only player included in the Super League Best XI. We also rejected a 40 million euro offer for our defensive midfielder Christos Angelidis 51a.

Youth intake: We had a pretty decent batch, with a few interesting players coming through, including Nicolás Rodriguez 57a, Joe Sweeney 57b, Stavros Diamantopoulos 57c, and Giorgos Raikos 57d.

This year, the Kavala board finally announced the construction of a new stadium. My initial request was rejected, but after I leaked to the press that the board had no vision for the club's future, they finally decided to build a new home. Unfortunately, the board lacked creativity and decided to name the new stadium "Kavala Stadium," just like the old one. This project is much needed as it will more than double our capacity. We already had around 97% capacity in all home matches, with almost 31k season ticket holders and another 30k on the waiting list for a 34k stadium. The 220 million euros invested in the stadium will be paid immediately, and we still have another 200 million in our balance.

spacer.png

Team history:

image.thumb.png.82c1021f216ec76efac9b6bc8cdca369.png

Manager history:

image.thumb.png.10303d6e6886ca1983929682444d510a.png

Trophy cabinet:

trofeus.png.3e54edd4207d47429ab0fa7bd48b6004.png

That is an awesome trophy cabinet! 

45 minutos atrás, The7Striker disse:

-41 GD, what happen there? :eek:

Changed the tactic to a 3 Central Defenders and 2 Defensive Midfielders, however all of them only with 1,5* CA. Hope next one will be better.

Escudo_del_Deportivo_Quito.png

Sociedad Deportivo Quito - Youth Intake and Youth Review Season 4

Solid intake, not sure what a random Englishman from Pershore is doing in Ecuador however. Russell 04a looks like a star and Luis Zambrano 04b profiles to be a solid DLF in our system. I like the looks of Orellana 04c and Valencia 04d too.

image.thumb.png.1a208cb3565ef6c3472cb6bcfb8bc647.png

Class of 2024

Alvarez 01a has been a 2 year starter now and developed into a decent Serie A player according to my staff. Isn't good enough to fuss about leaving, but is under contract for 5 more years.
Castillo 01b never developed enough to stick in the first team, we're loaning him out this coming season to get some playing time as he is 18 now. Still has potential according to the staff, but will he reach it.
Batioja 01c is in a similar situation, but has never appeared for the senior team. Loaning him out.
Briones 01d took a large step forward this season, splitting time between being a WB and a WCB. Very solid player, is happy to be at the club, and contracted for 6 years.
Ayovi 01e is the best player at the club, and looks the part. Has raised concerns about moving to a larger club, but it under contract for 5 more years. Hopefully the interest in him remains domestic, as we do have the Spanish and Portuguese leagues loaded (along with all of South America) to make it harder to keep our players.
Mantilla 01f is in the exact same situation as Ayovi 01e, but we'd like to keep him around as long as possible for obvious reasons.

Class of 2025

Jimenez 02a is still in the youth teams, will keep him there this year then look to loan him out.
Garcia 02b is not improving much in our youth team.
Garcia 02c won a few appearances in the senior squad towards the end of last season. Looking to him to continue to develop into a rotation piece despite his iffy PA.
Macias 02d is the star of this class with his development and Professional personality. He won a long term extension last season and will play a larger role going forward.

Class of 2026

Arce 03a needs to crack on with development this year after a stagnant first season since I still have high hopes for him.
Loor 03b learned to play AML entirely from scratch last season and looks promising.
Estupinan 03c didn't develop at all, so looking for more.
Valencia 03d has a good floor, but needs to imrpve to reach his ceiling.
Carabali 03e is in a similar situation.
Mendez 03f actually has improve a tiny bit, but needs to kick it on.
Valarezo 03g is another non-improver.
Pineda 03h still has no PA according to my staff, but only conceded 36 in 30 appearances last year (2 POTM) at the age of 15 in the top flight, so you be the judge.

Hi,

i am looking for some help, this is the first time i'm starting a challenge like this.

i have chosen Scotland as my nation and holiday'd to May for the play off to begin and then again to reset day.

there was no newly promoted team, does this happen sometimes and i just need to resim till there is one?

thanks

8 minutes ago, FootieLu said:

Hi,

i am looking for some help, this is the first time i'm starting a challenge like this.

i have chosen Scotland as my nation and holiday'd to May for the play off to begin and then again to reset day.

there was no newly promoted team, does this happen sometimes and i just need to resim till there is one?

thanks

If you go the the Scotland page, then under the overview dropdown select "season summary" and scroll down, you should find a list of the promoted teams. I haven't thought about Scotland in a while, but is it possible that relegation/promotion is determined by a playoff and the team that would have been promoted lost that playoff?