The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm happy to share, and hope it helps in your save! 

It currently doesn't have any instructions on how to use the spreadsheet, so documentation will be part of my project this weekend to get the spreadsheet done for Martinique.

With how I set up the game for Martinique [I already have the team & played pre-season] I think it's going to be way harder than Barbados, and you have seen my struggles here.

1. Financially Martinique is weaker than Barbados. Even in 2071 only the top 2-3 teams make enough money to remain professional. The rest build up big balances, go professional then go broke and revert to semi-pro.
  2. Road View is in Bridgeview, which is a 100k person city in Barbados while any possible team to select in Martinique is from a village under 10k population. The one I got is a 2500 population surfing town.
  3.  I enabled France, England & The Netherlands. All Youth Intake players are dual-citizen Martinique - France, so count as domestic players for French & Dutch clubs. The key to winning from the Caribbean is retaining 100% of your star intake players. It will be near impossible to do this in Martinique

But I can't resist the possibility of winning the French Cup from Martinique, so that's why I'm choosing the nation over a more viable country like Trinidad & Tobago. 

Martinique will definitely be a challenge! On the plus side no FIFA qualification matches for Martinique so less international matches you are forced to give players up for.

After getting sacked again I have decided to try the pentagon challenge (I'm going to attempt it as a youth challenge) on my fc united save, 

I had to add the leagues and wait for a job to come up so its took a while but I have a new club

image.thumb.png.2a7cf6e0551e76761a84bd1237a9c5b5.png

image.png.d52d3669ae9ddb04f50d80cbdca3521d.png

An Injury crisis losing 3 star starters, 3 Disallowed Goals by VAR and an own-goal to top it all off ends the Barbadian dream. If it could go wrong this campaign it did, just unbelievably bad luck. Game is telling me its time to move on. Edit: Game wanted me to move on so bad it crashed as I went to take more screenshots. Heard FM.

1st leg

image.png.b48c228e8aa1567f60845ab04069db34.png

2nd leg

image.png.5d5bee3966e577c68367f4b7d4955a89.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

@XaW

I'm a good 30 pages behind, so i haven't seem if you did this already, but would you mind sharing your retraining spreadsheet? If that's asking too much, how do you weigh attributes to calculate the proficiency in each role? A weigh of 2 for primary attributes and 1 for secondary, etc?

IFK Lidingö season 26 | 2049 swedish premier division

image.jpeg.e0ce464bfd0be9eff1be1166854a3d21.jpeg

No major sales during preseason. 

We started the season in swedish cup with a great run to the final. League season also started well and we were around 3rd or 4th place for most of the season.

In May it was finally time for our first ever cup final. We were the underdogs against BK Häcken who made it to the cup final fifth time in a row. In the first half Aydin Şahin 38A scored to give us the lead. Our lead lasted untill 79th minute when they equalled the game. extra time was goalless and penalties were waiting for us. Victory in penalties means we have won our first major title. It also means Europa League will be waiting for us this autumn.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ebd262df9b8157b7f01c29939a9ac5ad.pngimage.png.9bf306fd6204b7c3099cff24adba11c8.pngimage.png.068a200f708c63999de2303cb476665a.png

League season continued pretty well and we finished 4th meaning we will be heading back to continental football next autumn. We occasionally had problems scoring goals and ended up scoring 13 goals less than expected. Europa league has started well with 4 wins from our first 6 matches. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.23572a4ba65beac38cbde3f57c5f08fe.png

Squad

Jonas Schaaf 41E has been in good form in midfield. Joel Andersson 47A is our best defender and he luckily has a contract untill 2053 as he is unhappy and wanted by some big teams. Aydin Şahin 38A was again our best goalscorer with 11 league goals.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a40c3434e0687b2b18a831b3621b3f50.png

image.thumb.png.27ffacd7b78c288a02815081c6b591a4.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6e681db1c313246edabac20fee8d9f78.png

image.thumb.png.a41bb4c9bc6ecf2c33c13c7e37c89532.png

image.thumb.png.d9e1ebdcd90d80eea876dc128e552c1e.png

Youth intake

This must be the worst intake ever. Bora Altintaş 49A has potential nd height to be a target or even CD. Niclas Sletsöe 49C might have potential to be a fringe player at some point.

Spoiler

image.png.cb4d0c3f8133899f264671699cba98cd.png

image.thumb.png.814cd6f0e68b78fd072b2b36b862192e.png

image.thumb.png.1b6f40f2137bbf039cc6ae7625fd63e4.png

image.thumb.png.efd1c405ccf405e8bfad48fc06c6860e.png

Transfers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d200c2467ec3dd495d932052a5ec2e5a.png

A lot of upgrades this year

Spoiler

image.png.bcff9108280c8b46c0023bab212dfa6c.pngimage.png.c58e9d133db6d25eecea59b0db133b39.png

image.png.71660df4f82aa28b72c821a1ca4f841c.pngimage.png.d252e26c21f888e54d5401aab69fb900.png

history

image.thumb.png.5a0eded443d52b3d4ae75ef4ce8b9803.png

11 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

@XaW

I'm a good 30 pages behind, so i haven't seem if you did this already, but would you mind sharing your retraining spreadsheet? If that's asking too much, how do you weigh attributes to calculate the proficiency in each role? A weigh of 2 for primary attributes and 1 for secondary, etc?

It's mostly the same as the sheet in here:

In the end I settled on the same weight for both.

14 hours ago, djsterry said:

After getting sacked again I have decided to try the pentagon challenge (I'm going to attempt it as a youth challenge) on my fc united save, 

I had to add the leagues and wait for a job to come up so its took a while but I have a new club

image.thumb.png.2a7cf6e0551e76761a84bd1237a9c5b5.png

Mini Update for first season, took over the club with a few games to go and they were bottom of the league, cleared out a few poor players and sorted out contracts and got rid of all the staff.

Managed to get a few decent results and avoid relegation 

image.png.d689c364b320c99a2b56e9d13c3fdd54.png

New Hoyd

image.thumb.png.8c33062c00682d73ef7c2ae12e4f5eee.png

and I managed to get improvements for youth facilities and recruitment as part of my package for taking the job on

I have inherited a couple of good youngsters

image.png.072d1fcff967fc45df1e888cbc60ecd0.png

image.png.58631702b5c5453919bb8300c8aa9baa.png

hopefully can achieve a comfortable mid table position next year and start building a good team, I'm very short in central midfield and my left back is old

Season 1 Review

SC Westfalia Herne

Ditched the Offenbach save and went proper lower league using the German lower league database. Enter SC Westfalia Herne in 6th tier Westphalia-League/Staffel 2.

We started the season with only 11 players on amateur contracts. Managed to get 5 regen players under part-time contract but all the real players refused to negotiate a new contract. We lost one player in the summer window and another one in the winter window. Funnily enough there were contract offers for the 3 others as well even two tiers above us but they have been rejected so far.

League Table

https://imgur.com/a/ffvdDhL

We came 2nd 3 points behind the winner Soest who were preseason favourites (1.01) for promotion. Lost both league matches against them so a win from one of these games might have gotten us promoted. Lost to them in the lower league cup as well.

Season Statistics

https://imgur.com/a/E9fg3w0

Bingo card in Germany

https://imgur.com/a/oDN8N79

Season 2 we are predicted to finish 8th.

https://imgur.com/a/McvBgAC

5 hours ago, XaW said:

It's mostly the same as the sheet in here:

In the end I settled on the same weight for both.

Always a good read! I forgot you also add in 1/3 of the total attributes as an overall boost. My calculation is currently just flat average of the highlighted attributes without any weighting or boosting. With my separate category ability calculations I cover that player rounding out.

I've templated composite scores like the DNA others use but never implemented it. Might be something I rethink now 🤔 

Im playing in spreadsheets this weekend to get everything ready for Martinique. Definitely spending too much time tweaking new views, data packs and such for more immersion. 

Any chance someone has kitbasher lists for Caribbean leagues? I've slugged through Martinique T1 plus my team, but look to do Caribbean Cup & Shield teams. Was bummed my team only had 1st kit active in game.

I'm also pulling stadium and town images for Martinique and trying to match them as best i can. @V50 you have a secret stash of images by any chance? 

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Always a good read! I forgot you also add in 1/3 of the total attributes as an overall boost. My calculation is currently just flat average of the highlighted attributes without any weighting or boosting. With my separate category ability calculations I cover that player rounding out.

I've templated composite scores like the DNA others use but never implemented it. Might be something I rethink now 🤔 

Im playing in spreadsheets this weekend to get everything ready for Martinique. Definitely spending too much time tweaking new views, data packs and such for more immersion. 

Any chance someone has kitbasher lists for Caribbean leagues? I've slugged through Martinique T1 plus my team, but look to do Caribbean Cup & Shield teams. Was bummed my team only had 1st kit active in game.

I'm also pulling stadium and town images for Martinique and trying to match them as best i can. @V50 you have a secret stash of images by any chance? 

Sadly not, barely get the time! 

Later in a save it is a mix of both for me. In Barbados I IR all domestic games and unimportant friendlies. Then I'd manage the hard friendlies to see how the team plays in preperation for the NACL matches which I always play. For Martinique I'll be playing the games these first few years to feel out the team.

8 hours ago, mschafer13 said:

Do most people here play all games or instant result?

I play all games, except duds at the end of the season unless I have plans on testing young players.

Let's see what happens, but I don't think I've ever had a tycoon takeover in this challenge before... and if I did, it's been a long time since it happened!

bOHQZbN.png

13 hours ago, mschafer13 said:

Do most people here play all games or instant result?

A mix depending on how my season is going if the season is dead ie no chance of promotion or relegation I will stick it on manager holiday. Once I’m in the top league I tend to play pretty much every game 

Best of luck @scarp though @Daddy is 23 seasons in with the same team and doing really rather well and not that I want to jinx him I wouldn’t bank on Czech being incomplete for too long.

Last time I can think of two members completing with the same team close together was @thomas_e and myself completing Holland with VV Katwijk within a week or so of each other and thomas_e doing it in a shorter timeframe.

As long as you enjoy the journey and don’t mind someone else doing that team/country at the same time then go for it.

2 hours ago, scarp said:

As a side note - the club is currently a home to ex-first division player turned rapper, who decided to focus on rap and chill in Third Division :D 

image.png.e4a429ca0b6dab43ae554d17b5b28b10.png

I didn't know that fun fact. He stuck around for two more seasons for me before retiring:

image.thumb.png.365782f1925ba43c9519d9dc7e6ed844.png

2206.png

Livorno | Season 2049/50 | Serie A (likely the end)

The league didn’t go well from the start, we only managed to finish 11th, but reached quarter-finals both in national cup and Conference League (conceded the decisive goal on 120th minute against Ajax, a much better team which eventually won the trophy against Man City in the final). However, one thing that concerned me during few last seasons is the lack of our youth players’ development, and I decided to look up the potentials. The result was quite sad:

Spoiler

55Wu3QV.png

The core of our squad are the players highlighted in red. What unites them all? They came through four consecutive intakes, from 2037 to 2040. 2037 was the year of our first promotion to Serie A and maxing out the youth coaching/recruitment with TV money, so an improvement was expected. But what happened in the next decade with perfect facilities, better staff and reputation? One good intake of 2044 (highlighted in blue), one real wonderkid from last year but all other players won’t be better than Serie B leaders. Replacing Bakkenes with a better personality (but less skilled) HOYD also was a mistake, I guess :( 

26 minutes ago, scarp said:

@Neo_Geo thank you for letting me know, @Daddy do you mind if I continue with the save?

You’re far too polite sir, I wasn’t suggesting you were treading on his toes, I just know from my own experiences I like to do something as unique as it can be but that’s just me. Don’t let me talk you out of it :kriss:

9 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

You’re far too polite sir, I wasn’t suggesting you were treading on his toes, I just know from my own experiences I like to do something as unique as it can be but that’s just me. Don’t let me talk you out of it :kriss:

Yeah, same. But it's been a while that I spent already on this save, and as it's my first game in 4 years, I can't be arsed restarting just for the sense of uniqueness :( 

8 minutes ago, scarp said:

Yeah, same. But it's been a while that I spent already on this save, and as it's my first game in 4 years, I can't be arsed restarting just for the sense of uniqueness :( 

Every story is different so just because the club is the same doesn’t mean the save will be any less enjoyable for you or for the rest of us to read about.

I mean look at the Northern Ireland attempts, 90% of them are for Crewe United because it’s usually them or Belfast celtic that get promoted in the first season, we had 3 saves on the go at the same point not that long ago

Plugging away with not much luck. Promoted to the National League once and went straight back down. 

Unfortunately the board decided to turn semi-professional so...we're probably screwed for awhile.

spacer.png

On 18/08/2024 at 13:15, djsterry said:

Mini Update for first season, took over the club with a few games to go and they were bottom of the league, cleared out a few poor players and sorted out contracts and got rid of all the staff.

Managed to get a few decent results and avoid relegation 

image.png.d689c364b320c99a2b56e9d13c3fdd54.png

New Hoyd

image.thumb.png.8c33062c00682d73ef7c2ae12e4f5eee.png

and I managed to get improvements for youth facilities and recruitment as part of my package for taking the job on

I have inherited a couple of good youngsters

image.png.072d1fcff967fc45df1e888cbc60ecd0.png

image.png.58631702b5c5453919bb8300c8aa9baa.png

hopefully can achieve a comfortable mid table position next year and start building a good team, I'm very short in central midfield and my left back is old

2nd Season Update, just keep these brief until I really get into the save.

Mid table finish, Very inconsistent performances but to be expected as I have cleared out half of my established team.

There was a lot of bad personalities in the squad easily discouraged, slack ect so I shipped them out but I have left myself with a very young team

image.png.6818ce2c0eb395ccfc407a737fac9de5.png

Unfortunately my best player wanted to leave but I got a decent price for him and to be fair I inherited him when I took over 

image.png.d2386c2cb2a8e5f73dd55762975dd31c.png

Good news was I managed to get the club to improve the training facilities with some of the money

The Board have decided to build a tiny new stadium for some reason

image.png.2a85b69c6b9f5c30e6beaaf584869448.png

star man from this years intake 

image.png.080c00b0cbd700db320638ea31afd3c0.png