The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

1 minute ago, Perre8 said:

isn't that the same for the custom db's?

No, the custom db's are only for leagues created as they are in real life. No fantasy leagues, or other data updates allowed.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another former club (instead of Bordeaux) of an absolute legend of the game caught my eye as i was checking the available teams in France...Les Dragons!

As a tribute to in my opinion the best player in his position... Zizouuuu! 

AS Cannes 

image.png.7a20b16ba2f33d385afefe0f6448dbb9.png

Everything Cannes

On 11/10/2024 at 18:12, XaW said:

I always say that Germany is a good place to start if you are new to the challenge. All professional teams, and getting to the 2nd tier isn't that hard and if you do, the financial side is sorted for a long while. Other places might be Portugal (4 tiers of varied rules and lots of high quality youngsters), Norway (my home country, and since the 4th tier is view only, you can essentially save scum up the team you want from the 4th tier), Denmark (4 tiers in Norway's more "normal" continental cousin), and Northern Ireland (3 tiers of very low level football, and loads of cups).

That's off the top of my head at least.

Thanks @XaW and others for the input, I decided upon Portugal for the challenge at Pombal!

This will keep me well and truly busy until FM25 and I will keep you all informed on my progress!

Manager Profile 29.06.24.png

Pombai Hire 29.06.24.png

Edited by Connor

I decided to put my Raca Bratislava save on hold. Although things were going very well, I didn't have fun with it anymore.

I'm currently dusting off my BK Skjold-save in Denmark, and I'm having fun with it at the moment. So I think I'll continue with this save. I really want a succesful save in Denmark, so hopefully the contract-thing won't be a dealbreaker.

although it’s not an official rule for the challenge it’s my number 1 rule @Winski, the save must be fun otherwise why play it?

I do find myself thinking of going back to old saves, maybe even get as far as reloading before remembering why I stopped it in the first place :lol:

Good luck resuming your Danish save

3 hours ago, XaW said:

First time beaten TNS, mostly because they are apparently bad at pens! :D

00bowue.png

Mon’ the Dracs!!!

Wow how I wish I had penalty shoot-outs like that, I always get the ones where every penalty is scored and I just know it’s going to be my player that misses.

30 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Mon’ the Dracs!!!

Wow how I wish I had penalty shoot-outs like that, I always get the ones where every penalty is scored and I just know it’s going to be my player that misses.

Welsh league make sure of that. The quality of play here is.... questionable.... at times, but it goes both ways in matches. It just makes it fun whenever a player does something amazing! :D 

2 horas atrás, Neo_Geo disse:

Mon’ the Dracs!!!

I feel you, bro, 9 times out of 10, when my team goes to penalties, they almost never miss, and one of my players misses

bekescsaba-1912-elore-logo.png.cd81046ac494408790fa0334d95818e2.png

Hungary - Season 2034-35

Back in the Conference League this season and hoping to overthrow Ferencvaros at the top of the league. There weren't many bids for our top players this summer which was pleasing but the striker is still unhappy and wants to leave. I have said to him that I'll accept a decent offer and he's happy with that but he's not playing anywhere near as well as he did.

League

A bad first half of the season cost us this time around. The squad isn't quite strong enough to compete in Europe and the domestic league simultaneously, particularly as we have to go through lots of qualifying rounds. Perhaps another season of development will have the rotation options strong enough to compete.  The second half of the season was almost perfect however, Ferencvaros were too far in front. We finished 2nd, 8 points off top spot. First stab at the Europa League next season then. 

Conference League

Almost all the way! Easily qualified for the group stage. The fixtures we got were very kind and we won 6 out of 6. West Ham topped the group beating us by 1 goal scored. In the round of 16 we beat FC Copenhagen then Bolgna in the quarters. We beat Farense in the semi final after they knocked out West Ham. The final was against Rennes and I thought our name was on the trophy! Sadly they absolutely pumped us 3 nil! That was the first defeat since February so a bit of a bummer but made some decent cash. I'm hoping the club reputation might hit 3.5 stars on the back of this. Maybe wishful thinking. The nation coefficient has gone up though so we now have 5 European places from next season, 2 spots in the Champions League qualification rounds.

Youth Team

Their run of league wins ended, pipped at the post on the final round of fixtures by Puskas Academy. Knocked out in the round of 16 by PSG in the UEFA Youth League.

Top 50!

Just 1 player in the NXGN list this time.

Youth Intake

The intake preview promised an A rated midfielder and it didn't disappoint. Farkas is possibly the best youth player I've ever had. luckily this is an area of the team that needed strengthening so I think he'll be going straight in. It was a good intake all round. Reasonable personalities and good determination for most of the better prospects. 

Facilities and Ground

Ground capacity is now 7500. Everything maxed out except youth facilities.

image.png.ce0b7caa6584effd0e77e58fda1e830d.png

3rd Season Update

Managed to avoid relegation just about.

Changed to a 5atb defensive setup and managed to get a couple of results in tough season.

image.png.f0a1466ab5201f84cf69bb65a2abd4c5.png

5 wins and a -41 goal difference tells you all you need to know about the gulf in class between my team and a vast majority of the league

Finances continue to be terrible despite me only using 15k a week for wages out of a 50k budget.

Not sure how I'm going to progress if I cant get any upgrades to junior coaching or youth recruitment

image.png.200cb53d50a728eba6e2f2c2059a9ab3.png

I was hoping being in the top league that finances would improve but its pretty dire and I don't have any valuable players.

The youth players coming through are terrible. Its going to be a very tough challenge.

Think a takeover is my best hope at the minute.

@Padders i really don't understand your save, are your players just bottling it every season due to poor personalities or just a young squad.

Why have you been unable to keep hold of any older players or do you let them go, your squad has almost no-one over 22. Can you not just offer higher wages since you have a lot in the bank and your wages seem low for a team near the top of the championship.

You seem to get through high potential players every year so how are they not developing beyond L1 standard players with your facilities.

Thought i would gives use a mid season update somehow we have manged to secure a play off spot feel like this will be the true challenge to see how we can compete against the rest to try and secure another promotion on the Bounce. 

image.thumb.png.7aabffe08106d39cb75402aad8a00f03.png

35 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

@Padders i really don't understand your save, are your players just bottling it every season due to poor personalities or just a young squad.

Why have you been unable to keep hold of any older players or do you let them go, your squad has almost no-one over 22. Can you not just offer higher wages since you have a lot in the bank and your wages seem low for a team near the top of the championship.

You seem to get through high potential players every year so how are they not developing beyond L1 standard players with your facilities.

Bit of both, we do have some poor personalities and we do have a very young squad

Any decent wonderkid never signs a new contract past the age of 18/19. I sign them up to 5 years + 3 optional and keep them to they leave on a free

I have had a clear out after the last few poor seasons and not renewed many over the age of 26/27 to try get the younger ones playing and improving

I have no idea why I never get more than 1 or 2 that are any good. The rest are always SBC and L1 standard

Club Cipolletti 2030/31

spacer.png

Finished 10th, predicted to finish 28th, so we'll call it a win

spacer.png

spacer.png

Somehow we ended up winning the Copa Argentina which, to be honest, I don't know which one that is. Argentina has a LOT of cups and stages to the season, it's hard to keep it all straight. But we won a trophy unexpectedly, so that was nice!

spacer.png

Not a great youth intake but I have one more year left with my core squad before they all go to bigger clubs. None of them want to renew but I'm not selling them. Got my first 2 players valued at more than $1 million so we'll see if we can't win something more next year, as we're taking part in Copa Libertadores for the first time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, djsterry said:

3rd Season Update

Managed to avoid relegation just about.

Changed to a 5atb defensive setup and managed to get a couple of results in tough season.

image.png.f0a1466ab5201f84cf69bb65a2abd4c5.png

5 wins and a -41 goal difference tells you all you need to know about the gulf in class between my team and a vast majority of the league

Finances continue to be terrible despite me only using 15k a week for wages out of a 50k budget.

Not sure how I'm going to progress if I cant get any upgrades to junior coaching or youth recruitment

image.png.200cb53d50a728eba6e2f2c2059a9ab3.png

I was hoping being in the top league that finances would improve but its pretty dire and I don't have any valuable players.

The youth players coming through are terrible. Its going to be a very tough challenge.

Think a takeover is my best hope at the minute.

4th season update 

May as well just see above :lol:

Awful again, awful intake, awful finances and no improvements. 

Teams getting worse as my best players are getting older.

image.png.389162035b8aafca6297c18723ab7365.png

At a bit of a loss with this one at the minute, I like to see some kind of improvement but I'm stuck

After the promotion to VNN in Season one we have a surprisingly good time. Media predicted us to become rock bottom but right now we are 22 matches in and sit in 8th place 14 points clear. Our first crop is doing well and needs to step up because of all the injuries. My main striker is out for 8 months out with an Achilles tendon rupture and a potential end of career. During this match nothing special happened but his replacement 16 year old Steve Horgan scorred a late winner... oh and Jasmie Vardy scorred 2 offside goals...

20241015221639_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, aldojags said:

Hard luck @Neo_Geo -aging squad in this challenge is a killer - i just quit my greek team as i hadnt noticed before starting most the good players in 30s, knew it was gna end in tears so just chucked it in

"so just chucked it in" - Yeah I probably should have done that to be honest :lol:

Ageing squad on too high wages, losing £80k a month, no chance of improving facilities, was only ever really going to end one way.

Brora Rangers - Season 7 - Cinch League 2 (Scotland) *SACKED AND RELEGATED*

Brora_Rangers_Logo.png.c6bb6cedd48baa4b8bd9a60f8991ed0c.png

Hey guys, I got sacked and relegated in my 7th season in Scotland. I usually wouldn't post about it, but my final season was torturous on a Shakespearean level. I won the first game and then proceeded to lose all but five games in the season. When I watched the highlights, it seems like most of my conceded goals involved wingers running through five of my players, or endless back post headers. In the relegation playoff, I took the lead twice, only to lose in the last five minutes of extra time. The sad part is that the youth intake class was amazing for that year. They went into the first team immediately and made us competitive for the last games. Time to go again for Scotland, which seems to reload a diversity of teams.

@RCola1 ouch, having gone through a similar season it sucks but look on the bright side now you get to pick a new country and team!

Back post headers are a real problem so much so I think for my next save I may look to retrain tall centrebacks as inverted fullbacks just so that I can look to stop these!