The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

KpmntuR.png

Well, sacked at the beginning of the new year ! I really struggled to make the team work and tbh its probably my fault, I realized I wasn't playing to the strengh of my team too late and even changing the tactic, which helped a bit during like 4 matches, wasn't enough. My players were so demoralised already.

But I'm really struggling to have my defence working, we conceded a lot of goals just after scoring. So if anyone have any tips for that, or generally for tactics in lower leagues, I would be very glad to hear it ! I still wanna do the challenge with East Killbride F.C., and I knew sacking was a possibility so I kept a separate save file that starts when my manager is hired so that I can restart from the beginning if i'm sacked but damn it's hard

Unlucky @Kelb you had quite a number of narrow losses, it looks like you weren't too far off.

I've found my defence always seems to be an issue, the only advice I can give is to try and make sure you aren't being outnumbered in your back line. So whether thats full backs on defend  or a half back just try to make sure your opponent doesn't have the upper hand.

However, that being said I think there is merit in trying to exploit their weaknesses as defences at this level generally are rubbish anyway. Try to pull their backline out of shape and don't be afraid to step away from symmetrical tactics. Also try to keep the instructions minimal as the players lack the intelligence at this level as well.

The other suggestion........get back in the saddle and try again in a fresh setting, don't be disheartened as its a tough challenge to get going and even when its going well you can get saves fall apart or just stagnate for years.

EDIT: I see you really want to do this with East Kilbride :) Best of luck on attempt 2

Edited by Neo_Geo

So......I smashed Barry Town to win the Nathaniel MG Cup in the first season but you know how every cloud has a silver lining, whats the opposite of this saying?

"There's always a downside"

Or "Every rose has its thorn"

Or is it "Losing my best striker to a broken leg during the match and out for 7-10 months"?

Yeah I think the last one :lol:

image.thumb.png.4c6fa91cdae945650ed6c5a5ec63b898.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

Wow @Winski what a first season, that’s incredible……glad I didn’t carry on my Iceland save as I think I’d have forever been in your shadow. It looks like your squad has age and ability on its side to make a real go of the top league. Great work :applause:

2 hours ago, jarvis17 said:

I don't suppose you have a Japan bingo card do you @Neo_Geo? or anyone else?

See how this one fits (due to lack of continental trophies I've put quite an emphasis on the player awards domestically.

It will give you a starting point that you can tweak from there.

YAC Bingo Template (Japan).xlsx

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

@Padders let them moan. They get in line again 

Players constantly moan about lack of strength in certain positions,usually when morale is threatening to move above good. i just make no promises and go for the neutral answer. If squad depth is not a problem they will complain about underachieving.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Thebaker:

Players constantly moan about lack of strength in certain positions,usually when morale is threatening to move above good. i just make no promises and go for the neutral answer. If squad depth is not a problem they will complain about underachieving.

But good personalities help a ton with that. 

Here is my only elite talent since two years (cannot sign good HoYD's) and he will not be signed, lack of determination, bad personality and low work rate. He won't get much further then he already is.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2024-10-20um12_00_25.thumb.png.e364a022c43ff13e45334025b93aed5e.png

8 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

But good personalities help a ton with that. 

Here is my only elite talent since two years (cannot sign good HoYD's) and he will not be signed, lack of determination, bad personality and low work rate. He won't get much further then he already is.

Hide contents

Bildschirmfoto2024-10-20um12_00_25.thumb.png.e364a022c43ff13e45334025b93aed5e.png

I always sign all players especially good ones. Personalities can change over time through mentoring or just suddenly. Better to make a decision at 19 when his youth contract ends

vor einer Stunde schrieb Thebaker:

I always sign all players especially good ones. Personalities can change over time through mentoring or just suddenly. Better to make a decision at 19 when his youth contract ends

Did that before but didn’t notice relevant changes, especially work rate is hard to improve. 
How do you find a good HOYD and what are relevant attributes if you’re not top of the pyramid? 
Do you develop your HoYD or do you buy a good one but make compromises somewhere?

I tend to build and develop my staff which is then bought by better clubs. My actual HoYD will leave after two years in charge for 300k which is a good price. Often my staff is moving after some time for 200k upwards.

Edited by HanziZoloman

54 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Did that before but didn’t notice relevant changes, especially work rate is hard to improve. 
How do you find a good HOYD and what are relevant attributes if you’re not top of the pyramid? 
Do you develop your HoYD or do you buy a good one but make compromises somewhere?

I tend to build and develop my staff which is then bought by better clubs. My actual HoYD will leave after two years in charge for 300k which is a good price. Often my staff is moving after some time for 200k upwards.

cant say i even look at work rate in terms of important attributes esp for a striker. For that striker he has some great attributes already and only needs to improve strength, passing and composure.

I just sign the HOYD with the best JA and JP unless they have a negative personality, but preferably with  higher WWY and Det.

At the bottom of the pyramid i find poor personalities came through and better personalities when at the top which makes sense, not really sure how much the HOYD personality comes into it rather than club rep.

Never signed a staff member from another club and rarely have my staff been signed by others. Usually will have a look at new staff before renewing contracts to see if there is someone better, let them go on courses to naturally improve which i let other staff decide on.

image.jpeg.348b56e650231c4f3b78b21d8fae41f1.webp.277b988ddf2e3be443d0319b3fbb7e88.webp

2025/26

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season with a 9 month injury to Soeiro but overcame this to start well and by xmas was just outside the playoff spots. In the new year the team seemed to collapse getting only 10 points from 16 games due to a lack of goals and poor performances especially from the GK (all 3 of them). This left the team in the relegation playoff against Hospitalet. In the first leg the team were lucky to escape with a 1-1 draw. In the 2nd leg the game was 1-1 at half time but my team pulled away with Soeiro scoring 5 goals to win 5-1.

Not entered in the Spanish cup.

Finances are pretty poor in spite of my good attendances since season tickets are so cheap, making £100K less than teams selling 1000 less tickets.

Hoyos was my top scorer although he went missing in the 2nd half of the season. Jovanovic did ok playing mostly at AMR, he is so much better at AML.

Youth preview was good and the intake produced some useful players. Yakubu, Pernia and Josema looked the best of them.

Spoiler

Season

League

Position

Spanish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Federation 2nd Gp4

8th

2nd Rd

N/A

Jovanovic (12)

Carri (13)

Adequate

Adequate

Average

Average

2025/26

Federation 2nd Gp4

13th

Not entered

N/A

Hoyos (11)

Tejada(7)

Adequate

Adequate

Average

Average

Spoiler

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

90.63%

Spain

90.63%

Cameroon

6.25%

Australia

1.56%

Africa

7.81%

Nigeria

1.56%

Oceania

1.56%

Asia

0.00%

South America

0.00%

North America

0.00%

Edited by Thebaker

39 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

@dkouv well done on completion. Surprised your stadium is still so small, i thought there was a min size for the premiership of 10000

Yeah strangely the board never tried to build a new one, I asked for one just for the sake of immersion but managed to complete the challenge before it was built ))

vor 7 Stunden schrieb dkouv:

Yeah strangely the board never tried to build a new one, I asked for one just for the sake of immersion but managed to complete the challenge before it was built ))

Congrats to the challenge. Impressive run!

you must have been deep red financially speaking. 

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

image.png.770d9f362449ebcf817096c0b3b6c17b.png

The board spent all of the past 2 seasons shooting me down and then come to me unprompted and are gonna take credit for the idea :idiot:

Whatever, I'm not complaining

I have found that if you ask after the end of the season they will often refuse and then suggest it as an improvement when the next season begins, had it happen a few times.

2000020194.webp.20c6b703182b28da1bf3f2a908d9fb3c.webp

Bury AFC - second season - Vanarama National

Mid season update

Intake preview looks promising

ScreenHunter232.thumb.png.6b4a7bf2e83c5b9d362602241433467e.png

afbeelding_2024-10-21_125235948.png.495e5f8372ef33808710474442928e2e.png

We are cruising along playoff spots! Amazing the squad is blending and some of the youngsters are adapting really good. 

My HOYD is great for the level i am at. I look first at personalities, then WWY and then JCA and JPA.

afbeelding_2024-10-21_125411023.thumb.png.4921751392ca1fa49db1f5dd12ac419d.png

OIP.jpg.e7ee96eef670d80219789029980dd2c8.jpg

Season Review 2026/27

The season has now concluded and we have managed to stay up as we have managed to finish 11th in the Table after what started as a difficult start to the season. Come the 2nd half of the season we started to pick up some important results that helped us go on a small unbeaten run to move us up the table and secure our place in the league for Another season, I'm hoping for next season the Board allow us to try upgrade our Youth Facilities to try and get some better youth Prospects through the door.  

promotion.thumb.png.360274ef31be1cca0ac1164a6434b7d6.png

The Youth intake came back with a few players that might be able to get some play time for us next season to improve them etc hoping we can hold onto a few of the players that we integrated into the 1st team last season as they could be important for us to have try and have a better season next year. 

youth.png.6cd4f2c4adb7f06a26d28246bc8c00cb.png

@mschafer13 nearly there, you are correct in that you don’t need to win the title and the continental trophy in the same season.

p.s. I don’t know why but your press officer looks terrifying :lol:
IMG_3098.jpeg.5ba84a3c26853ada98d219e1dd793d03.jpeg

Edited by Neo_Geo

Thought I'd give this another try with Fm25 being delayedimage.png.1229647523b1a06907ffb40195cfebfa.png

Edit: i should probably look at squads before starting a save like this, because we dont have a keeper, and half the squad has bids on them, still wiling to give this a go tho

image.png.53d1730679871f9c57d053981b9a6d8a.png

Edited by Traldon

Well, it's almost november and that means the Fm itch is back. I've considered going back to my Cankaya save. I'd managed to win the turkish league with them before losing interest. However, it's been to long and I fancy a new save. 

So without further ado:

G.D. Nazarenos

image.png.ff39831cdf99d24457550a80486eaebf.png

image.png.cf909d7c34deb861b2df32180f41e81a.png

I'm going back to Portugal. 

G.D. Nazerenos is based in the town of Nazere in portugal and has a stadium with a capacity of 3000 seats

image.png.4d9fa0db74cf77687d2b5c674298cfa7.png

image.png.de43a5fecdc6c75c43e99cb9e1c6e08a.png

This is my character:

image.png.cd2c0bc465afb98d680fd409bebd0c5d.png

And our transfer situation at the start

image.thumb.png.0d8ef5dd57f429e94c6c30d7e653c03d.png

The bookies don't rate us much, anyone care for a small wager?

image.png.361b275d79dde3b6d22a54b1d2f027ce.png

Glad to be back. It's been a while since i've sunk my teeth into FM and what better way than to the youth challenge