The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

1 minute ago, Neo_Geo said:

Even in lower leagues (when I did an attempt in malta) I just don’t recall seeing 5 CA players nevermind 5 of them.

All relative at the end of the day but the thrill of intake day giving you that screen

Indeed, I'll take these any day of the week! :D 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

Season 147 - 2169/70 - PL

Back in the PL and we have really struggled

Most the teams in the bottom 6/8 that we needed to win, we either lost by one goal or conceded really late to draw

It was the pattern all season

We somehow managed to win 3 of the last 4 game to perform an unlikely escape from relegation, with only 31 points

image.png.b0d4e169e3e2544d6c9bde9d33704f2b.png

We need to be better next season

20240716172438_1.thumb.jpg.8354a4c2130211d5dc7f1034c6fb2319.jpg20240716172440_1.thumb.jpg.d1834ab49d1c8e2c0f19b8b1307ef247.jpg20240716143917_1.thumb.jpg.cd1d58a1ac40ab31c2af7c876a577eca.jpg20240716143925_1.thumb.jpg.0f05e4d397eea8156c944da9c25cea29.jpg20240716172425_1.thumb.jpg.0323a27d53f9fe4f495136d171c20750.jpg

image.thumb.png.357ca1a11d1475d5625052bc3717555b.png

Are QPR the main powerhouse in the league now? Would you mind posting the league winners for the last 30 years or so? Be interesting to know who won it etc.

27 minutes ago, naterr said:

Are QPR the main powerhouse in the league now? Would you mind posting the league winners for the last 30 years or so? Be interesting to know who won it etc.

Also looks like Maidstone had one heck of a journey getting up to the EPL as well

Ok, some times this game can be brutal, and this was it for me. TNS swooped in and poached 4 of my best players on a free this season, and we struggle and are looking to go down. Needless to say, I'm not very happy about it, and I really don't enjoy having to go down to the 2nd tier, so I'm going to abandon this save. I know, stick too it and all that, but this broke me... Ugh!

Going to start some new holiday and look around.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Ok, some times this game can be brutal, and this was it for me. TNS swooped in and poached 4 of my best players on a free this season, and we struggle and are looking to go down. Needless to say, I'm not very happy about it, and I really don't enjoy having to go down to the 2nd tier, so I'm going to abandon this save. I know, stick too it and all that, but this broke me... Ugh!

I’d most likely gave done the same. It’s one thing losing 1 or 2 players but 4 is nearly half your first team and to then see performances and results drop off to the extent you might be relegated…….i can definitely understand not sticking with it in these circumstances.

There are events you can laugh off (Robbie savage turning down my coaching course request 11 times for instance) but others break the save by just sucking all of the fun and joy out of it.

Good luck finding the new save.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

That's frustrating, losing your best players can easily kill a save, but if you are moving on I think it is time for you to try a save in Somalia! 

9 hours ago, naterr said:

That's frustrating, losing your best players can easily kill a save, but if you are moving on I think it is time for you to try a save in Somalia! 

I'm looking around and actually tried to get a Somali database to see if it was possible, but unfortunately, the only I could find was not compatible with the newest update of the game, and when I tried to test it, it has errors I can't fix, so no dice!

Hi Guys,

Glad to be back.

A few months back I was playing this challenge with Hungarian side Békéscsaba, however I could not continue playing FM since spring, and unfortunately I also have lost my previous save, so I decided to start again with the same team.

Bekescsaba-Elore.png.4e39c91b19fe2aa69a040ea8ba25be2d.png

The ‘Lilák’ (‘Purples’ in English) has a great history in Hungarian football, it is one of the bastions of country-side football in a country, where most of the championship titles owned by Budapest teams. Békéscsaba never won the title, their best attempt was in the early 1990’s leading the league for most of the time in 1993, but dropped back to the 3rd place by the end of season. The club started the 21st century with financial problems and lost its position in domestic football. Last time they were in the first division in season 2015/16, but relegated just after the promotion, and later dropped back to the 3rd league.

I will do my best to create a new generation of top footballers for this city in southeastern Hungary and to lead them back to the glory of domestic elite and more…

This is my Manager:

00_Appointed.png.7386448a28bac5df4ce1a129282b8f31.png

00_MyManager.png.9a8fa5f774ccc6cb0677f393e1663a40.png

Some info on the club at the starts:

Spoiler

00_ClubInfo.png.730f93f3ccc05fe17eb4341fb53d7bea.png

00_Facilities.png.88c66021383d195006e5e70f0ee09d17.png

There is an FM God after all....

S3-CoachingCourse1.thumb.png.c53a7beeb3eb74fc93968c9e7de23989.png

Only took 11 failed requests!

On another note, my Macclesfield kits for season 3:

Macclesfield_F.C._1.png.9c66b1f666bb9ffbe57a025fdb7b9dcc.pngMacclesfield_F.C._2.png.748d69fbd94590d288cc8e2251017c59.pngMacclesfield_F.C._3.png.c57fb13d9134196511eb40371c6bf2c1.png

Probably my last season with Adidas kits, fancy something different next season

Escudo_del_Deportivo_Quito.png

Sociedad Deportivo Quito - Youth Intake Season 2

Round 2 of the intake coming a month after the season review. This intake is not very good, expecting more of my HOYD next year cause these players aren't even close to those we got before. The best of the bunch is probably Macias 02d, who has a great personality even if his potential is not there.

Ms9urN.jpg

He's not very good, but we at least have a second GK at the club.

7nPaiL.jpg

Projects as a solid playmaker in the midfield.

NXhGRQ.jpg

14 hours ago, XaW said:

Ok, decided to give it a go in Denmark and found a nice club with a cool kit.

4VSFuX7.png

A8oAPRp.png

ZZ45pa0.png

I remember I wanted to do a save with Dalum when they were in the 4th tier on FM22 & FM23. Sadly never really got around to it. Good luck with them!

On 16/07/2024 at 21:51, naterr said:

Yes QPR have been really dominate for the last 20 years or so

Won't let me add the screenshot for some reason, keep getting error

Snipping worked

image.png.8c964e7f524fadb5f20c95dd2d202f66.png

Edited by Padders

11 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

OK so this is just going to come across as a middle aged man moaning about Bolton trying to steal away one of my best talents however once again my immersion is just ruined by this scenario.

To set the scene, here is the player in question.

Mostafa Adel Y1-A
S3-MostafaAdel.thumb.png.2082b46326be4b816defe68ec5f0da8d.png

He is a Vanarama National standard player according to my coaches and whilst his goal return for appearances this season have been very good he's not exactly scoring 50 goals in 20 games.

He is 17 years old with perhaps another 18-20 years left in his career.

He isn't allowed to legally drink yet he has played 55 first team games and scored 31 goals. Not bad for someone who can't vote either.

He is now subject of a transfer bid from Bolton who offered £10k up front and various small add-ons with 20% of the next sale. His value (before I negotiated at 500k and 50% of next sale) and to be honest I didn't even give it the time of day. He's contracted for another 3 years (after triggering his extension which he wasn't happy about either) and he's my top player at the moment and I have over £2m in the bank so why would I sanction such a deal?

This brings me to my main point.

As you'd expect Bolton withdraw their bid and Adel complains about being price out of the move. His reason for wanting to leave?

"At this stage in my career I need to be playing in the Skybet Championship"

What stage of your career is that? Where you should really just be playing youth football but instead you are playing competitive first team football and winning player of the month awards, fighting for promotion to the football league.....that stage?

Secondly he needs to be playing in the Championship......well that isn't going to happen at Bolton is it? You are going to be kept in the youth team or at best reserves and will most likely be put out on loan where guess what? You'll probably end up bac in the Vanarama National because at this stage in your career that is your level.

OK, rant over.

I get that a youngster would have their head turned in this scenario (unless of course its the buying team thats controlled by the human in which case you get told £40m and the player is fine with that) however the reasons given and the responses I can give are very dated now and also very limited. I should be able to say would you rather be playing first team football or would you rather be playing for Bolton's youth team? I haven't sold anyone yet in this save but I mentioned during my Crewe United save that when players left and were left to rot in the youths and ranks that I should be able to cite these as examples as to what might happen.

As it turns out I said I'd let him go for a reasonable fee then set it to something I knew he wouldn't accept and just ended it there.

I doubt the developers would look at this but if they want these interactions to be realistic and believable then having a 17 year old give me that line is definitely contradicting that realism.

Agreed, but I have two counterthoughts. If it weren't for this challenge as that manager you might look for a loan back to where it may not be as unrealistic for them to want control of him but to let you keep developing him. The other counter I have is the "According to my coaches." He may be a higher standard than what they're skilled enough to tell you. OR he may just be delusional lol. 

image.png.a3a4df085163d58d323055e46270c515.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season in reasonable form before a 6 game winless streak followed by a 6 game winning streak. This put the team within 3 points of the playoffs with 7 games to go but only 1 win meant they were resigned to midtable mediocrity again. Swedish cup was a non event again.

Finances remain the same as the crowds cover the wages and the board will not increase staff or facilities.

Messaoudi was the highest rated player. Keymer missed 3 months through injury but Strom stepped up well in his absence. Athanasiou is rated really poorly by my staff but seems able to do a job.

The youth preview never really says much but this intake did give some players with CA very close to the first team. Berisha, Nilsson, Babatunde are all playing at LW in my formation which is a annoyance. Khalil also looks useful.

Spoiler

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

96.88%

Sweden

89.38%

Somalia

0.63%

Iraq

0.63%

Africa

2.50%

Bosnia

1.94%

Eritrea

0.63%

Asia

0.63%

Greece

1.25%

Niger

0.63%

South America

0.00%

Albania

1.25%

Nigeria

0.63%

North America

Italy

0.63%

Oceania

Kosovo

0.63%

Serbia

0.63%

England

0.63%

Turkey

0.65%

Spoiler

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Arvidsson,Messaoudi (8)

Jensen(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (11)

Warmlov(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

6th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (10)

Lai(9)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

10th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (15)

Messaoudi (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

7th

Not entered

N/A

Strom - 27j (11)

Athanasiou -26p (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Youth Name

All time apps

Roger Gustafsson (25e)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Mathias Sandin (25d)

Gustav Pettersson (25g)

Youth Name

All time Goals

Ted Keymer (25c)

Milton Strom (27j)

Gustav Pettersson (25g)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Youth Name

All time Assists

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Gustav Pettersson (25g)

Mathias Sandin (25d)

Edited by Thebaker

Some good news even if we struggle to stay up

H5ORxr.jpg

Our board wouldn't budge on upgrading junior coaching or youth recruitment even after our promotion and our secure finances. So I settled for the next best option and am promised an upgrade if I develop youth this season, which shouldn't be a problem.

image.png.e3114dd608a34754bc40bda9008e254a.png

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Some good news even if we struggle to stay up

H5ORxr.jpg

Our board wouldn't budge on upgrading junior coaching or youth recruitment even after our promotion and our secure finances. So I settled for the next best option and am promised an upgrade if I develop youth this season, which shouldn't be a problem.

image.png.e3114dd608a34754bc40bda9008e254a.png

No-ecj;lay,you,have better luck than some other posters who had issues with this sort of agreement. Despite player youth players a lot the board didn’t think they had done enough and failed.

????

That was meant to read "hopefully you" :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo

Hi all. Just found this thread again and spent a good while looking through! I watch a couple of streamers doing youth only saves and wanted to give it a go myself to make the game more challenging or at least have a new challenge. 

I like using my local team which is Forres Mechanics from the Highland League in Scotland. I've done a regular save with them and taken them all the way so that's done. I'd really like to complete it as a youth challenge but there are a couple of issues. To use Forres Mechanics there are 2 options. Either wait for them to be promoted into the playable league or use a downloaded database. Anyone who has played the lower than playable leagues in Scotland using a database will know how difficult it is to get promoted from the Highland or Lowland league into Scottish League 2. So holidaying and waiting for Forres Mechanics to get promoted could take forever. In fact I don't think it's ever likely to happen, even in game. I've never seen them enter the real game world in any save I've ever done over the last few years! 

All that said, I started the challenge with a downloaded database and took over Forres in the Highland League. Perhaps that makes my effort invalid in terms of the 'official' rules but I'm sticking with it and that's my justification. All other rules will be adhered to, zero signings, youth players only! 

Hopefully I'll get involved with adding screenshots as I go along but here's the story so far after 3 seasons. 

1st season - we had a couple of loan strikers already in the squad from Inverness (Championship) and Elgin (L2) who were way above Highland League level so I immediately set up a 2 striker tactic and went quite attacking to really get them involved and they were great. Their goals had us top of the table at Xmas by a few points but alas, their loan spells ended in the new year! I replaced them with a young squad striker (Morrison) and a veteran (Fraser) who did well in the same formation and we won the league. Very close at the end with Brechin coming strong. That meant a 2 leg playoff against the Lowland League winner followed by a 2 leg playoff against the team placed bottom of League 2. A promotion in the 1st season! 

Also in that 1st season I got a coaching badge after a new contract offer to get to National C. I employed a HOYD with Determined personality and 18 for working with youngsters. I still have this HOYD now and hope he'll start doing better. My intakes are not great. More on that later. The 1st season intake was bad. The preview said C, D, E rated players and there were no nice surprises when the intake came through. Understandable I suppose with very poor facilities and the HOYD had not had time to improve things yet. No elite talents at all, a few 'top' talents which were really not. Nobody anywhere near close to 1st team level or that I felt had the potential to be. I signed the lads with good personalities and those with 4 star potential but nobody has trained well from this group and impacted the 1st team at all. They'll all be gone when their youth contract ends. A great 1st season though. 

Season 2 - first season in League 2. My starting 11 was pretty consistent last season in a 4222 formation that suited the players I had so I stuck with that. I did need to use some of the last year's intake for substitute places but as described, none came close to 1st team level. That said, my Highland League winning team did me proud. We came 3rd in the league and lost out in the first round of the playoffs to Stenhousemuir. A successful season all told. A 'new' player to me was Henderson, an AM/STR, who had been out on loan last season. He went in up front with Morrison and I phased out the veteran, Fraser. I had this consistent 11 of existing players all season and noted that they were all quite young. 20 - 25ish and all improving, some very well. Will this make it harder for regen players to break in? Time will tell. Fraser was the only real veteran and being out of contract at the end of the season, I released him. 

I managed to get another coaching license to National B and also got an extra coaching and physio slot. I was surprised when I requested an improvement to the youth and training facilities and got both which put us slightly in debt. Earlier in the season they'd also improved junior coaching and youth recruitment. I was hopeful we might get a better intake. The preview promised an A! The reality was a little underwhelming. Just 1 elite talent that was a right wing back with an unambitious personality and low determination. Signed him anyway, being hopeful but our first team right back is 4 star current ability, still has 5 star potential ability and is playing well and still improving. He's a backup and will get games here and there and we'll see what happens. There were a couple of DMs with a bit of potential but poor personalities. 1 player intrigued me a bit. An AM centre (which I use) with a Model Citizen personality. He had 2.5 grey stars current ability when signed and 3.5/4 star potential ability. I know the stars don't mean everything but his stats were also bad. I wouldn't have signed him had it not been for 2 things. His personality and also his freekick and corner stats. They were by no means huge - 7 for corners and 12 for freekicks. Significantly better set piece stats than any other player in my squad. Did a bit of thinking on it and thought why not throw him in next season as an experiment. This is a long save afterall and I need to get young players through. His personality couldn't be better and the set piece skills could be useful. I was looking forward to what season 3 would look like with him in the team every week and I'm prepared to be patient and wait a couple of years for the improvements to impact the youth intakes. 

Season 3 - a very unexpected promotion! Possibly not the best thing that could happen but I suppose you'll always take it. A strange season and one in which persistence and not panicking prevailed after a very inconsistent start. We had virtually the same eleven as last season, shuffling in the Model Citizen experiment by moving one of the current AMs to DM and moving the DM to right back. This phased out the current right back whose ability had plateaued. 

We were playing really well in the 1st half of the season but kept giving away 2 goal leads to either draw or lose late on. Nothing I tried seemed to work to stop the late goals. We were second bottom and only Forfar were below us. They were having a dreadful season so I wasn't worried about relegation. I was checking the overall league stats and we were above average almost across the board so I kept the faith despite the poor form. Dropping the defensive line and changing to positive from attacking seemed to help and the form improved although we were never what I'd call consistent. We sneaked into 4th on the final day of the season to claim the last playoff spot. We beat Stranrar 4 - 2 at home after being 3 nil up and then 3 - 2 away to get into the final against Stenhousemuir who we beat in both legs 3- 2 again after being well ahead. The defensive frailties are still there but we're sneaking through with our excellent strikers. 

The Model Citizen experiment was interesting and I stuck with it. He ended up with a 6.8 average, 4 goals and a few assists. He played almost every game. The only time I didn't start him was when a striker was unavailable. My only backup striker is a 16 year old who's not even 1 star rated so I tended not to start both 16 year olds when possible. My Model Citizen did improve in star rating from 2.5 grey stars to 1 yellow star. Currently he's got 3/4 star PA. I played him mainly because of the set piece attributes. Despite him being our best corner and free kick taker, we didn't score 1 goal from a corner or free kick all season! I was also doing an additional focus on his training alternating between corners and free kicks. Despite this, his corner taking has dropped from 7 to 5 and his free kicks have dropped from 12 to 11. Another odd thing is that I was getting coaching messages saying that he isn't our best free kick taker and he shouldn't be anywhere near that duty. Even having dropped to 11 free kicks, he's still our best rated in this area by some distance so I can't quite understand that. We're a semi pro club so only train a couple of days per week. Next season I'm going to squeeze in more set piece routine training and see how that looks. Model Citizen will be staying in the team for now because nothing came through the intake again. 

Ok so to the intake for season 3. I expected the HOYD's influence to be a bit more apparent now. Halfway through the season we did get another increase to youth recruitment and junior coaching so that's 2 improvements on each now altogether. They both started at the minimum. I know it's probably too soon to impact this season's intake but I hoped it would be better. It was not. Having watched a few streamers and content creators and also seeing some of the intakes on this thread it's very frustrating! I see people doing saves with semi pro teams getting 1st team ready players, 5 or 6 elite talents, decent top talents coming through. I'm getting nowt! There were a couple with 1 star ability but bad personalities and low determination. Got to sign them up as I need the players now, particularly as I've just been promoted. I can't understand what more I could do? Please help if you can! My HOYD has a good personality and works very well with youngsters. He has a decent reputation. I'm holding on to the hope that it will improve as my reputation improves. We're now a 1.5 star rated club. I knew this save would be long and hard as this is part time football in Scotland but I expected a bit more talent coming through to be honest having seen other gamers' experiences. I'll keep trying to improve the facilities. Obviously spending very little on wages so we tend to grow our money a little. I have about £130k and about to start season 4. I'll be attempting to improve the junior coaching and youth training facilities again this year. 

Starting season 4 now. I'll try to include some screen shots from here as the story progresses. First season in L1 in Scotland. We'll be semi pro until/if we hit the Premiership I should think. Ten of the starting eleven are still the same players from the Highland League team but that's all that's left of that squad. The subs and youth team are all Newgens so there's no going back now! There was 1 DM that was out on loan all last season and he's come back 1 star current ability and 4/4.5 star PA so he's one that might break in. Also a GK with a driven personality might get a few games. 

Cheers for reading if you made it to here!

On 19/07/2024 at 09:23, Padders said:

Yes QPR have been really dominate for the last 20 years or so

Won't let me add the screenshot for some reason, keep getting error

Snipping worked

image.png.8c964e7f524fadb5f20c95dd2d202f66.png

My worst nightmare in football this :( 

19 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

No-ecj;lay,you,have better luck than some other posters who had issues with this sort of agreement. Despite player youth players a lot the board didn’t think they had done enough and failed.

????

Don't think I have the luck if early signs are any indication. Board think there isn't progress

On 20/07/2024 at 13:57, Neo_Geo said:

????

This got me searching and I discovered that the earlier problems were not that you didn't get the upgrade, but instead the board sacked you regardless of any other successes. I holidayed ahead to see and of course now I get immediately sacked when the promise runs out. Really sucks I didn't know about that issue.

What do people think about reloading and not making that promise? I had a save on the day of the decision since it was the day the intake came through? If not I'll probablt restart with the same club and a different save since I've been enjoying this.

download.png.477e2ce2e7bca67e844c323271e86824.pngimages.jpg.89441ea50c20e4b94c2bd991e6782217.jpg

Tony Pizza at Kerala United FC - Go Hornbills! - Season 19

Domestic Competitions

Another clean sweep this year - all three of the domestics we managed to win, and honestly there isn't much competition here anymore.

Youth Intake

20240721225243_1.thumb.jpg.38daa71dcac044918464c161674079eb.jpg

Not as spectacular as last year but I guess we can't have that success every year. The top three all look very good and the improved facilities are really working wonders. The best is Ansari

Ansari

Spoiler

20240721225208_1.thumb.jpg.92089b047ea05db11af9a9942387082c.jpg

Champions League

Quarter finals again this year, slightly unfortunate as we lost on away goals, and the team we lost to won the whole thing - we will get there!

Also, I think I have finally realised that 8 teams from East Asia and 8 from West Asia make it through the group stage and then are split up this way for the draw - this makes sense why I always got stuck with the Middle eastern teams (I probably should have worked this out sooner than 19 seasons but never mind)

20240721234221_1.jpg.76f833a7cf0b551a01f8b96f36db657f.jpg

20240721234240_1.jpg.9f2befbe9ffdc5cc2c3f53856721ac82.jpg

20240721234246_1.thumb.jpg.32fd01ab679c1e73e1df1d67211f1c1e.jpg

Team of The Year

20240721231526_1.thumb.jpg.caad6adf432df176696033fe9a09584a.jpg

Ghosh had a terrible season with injuries, and I just couldn't get him into the team much, luckily Gurung and D'Souza made up for him, D'Souza topping the scoring charts again in the Shadow Striker Role.

Screenshot2024-07-21235223.thumb.png.398b16463efd53d25c07176f971222bc.png