FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, canry said:
I hope there is an light skin.
 My eyes are damaged from playing with dark skin for years.
Don't ignore those who want open theme anymore.
 It is not very difficult to make a light/dark skin,
 the year is 2024 and almost every application has this, but not just FM.

It's 2024, accessibility has become one of the most important elements of digital design, given this is a new start and the way it's been built with components parts I'd be very surprised if Dark, Light and a whole host of new visibility options are not available out-of-the-box.

Edited by stevemc

Well... This announcement was something... Can't wait for the next ones!

On a serious note, this really put down the expectations level by a lot. I think that I'll skip this year and wait what they will prepare for the FM 26.

My main worry is that they may see the future of FM as more of a console game rather than a PC game. I’d speculate the menus are very simple and the match day experience looks like a fifa game.

Who would've thought that Tommy Wiseau would launch a football manager simulation?

At this point, being able to ask your players how their intimate life is, would be less lackluster than for exemple the revamp (a.k.a. let's make it as Mark & Spencer without Spencer as possible) of the player profile. And there I was, hoping they'd have changed it to less defined attribute scores - IMMERSION, like Miles always says.

I'm not into software, but is this Tame Impala-cover ('Feels Like We Only Go Backwards') really that hard to pull. What we see is the Notre Dame rebuild in two weeks after the fire by the local children on firebrigadecamp. I hope those in charge have strong sleeping tablets, because if years of work don't induce insomnia and panic attacks, what does?

On a serious  note: don't want FM to go downhill. I'm real life tactically astute in men's and women's football. I know how teams and staff measure the qualities of their players. (Absolutely not with precize numbers.) Is there a way in which I can contribute officialy, not as someone giving feedback in his free time? Sincere question. Tactics from a random women team playing a friendly against a youth team of men should end fairly equal, but playing style should differ within the blink of an eye. Women are more technical and brutal, have mostly bad luck because big football names coach them (and they're not capable), while men are more physical and expressive (hybris, sloppy passes).

5 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Only just noticed how small the photos are on player profiles in the screenshots they released…

With all the empty, wasted space they have, the pictures could at least be a bit bigger…

Ive never understood the way they've all but eliminated things like this from the game. Team logos are smaller than ever, team colours are non existent. Kits are the same. There's been a design decision somewhere along the lines that, IMO of course, stinks. The only way they could make this skin any more boring is if they changed the colour to grey. Thats it. The bars been low over the last few years and I think somehow they've managed to get below it this year again. 

5 minutes ago, AI-brahimovic said:

As someone who was part of the research-team a decade ago and loves this game, defended devs many times, and as a marketer I have to say:

The marketing for this game has been among the most disappointing I have seen in several decades of video game history. What we got was a super PC-friendly ad that tells us people of every ethnicity can play the game on their smartphones. Even women, apparently. Politically correct and soulless advertising without an ounce of meaning or any actual valuable information.

The very definition of the word "trailer" implies that it would consist of a series of selected shots from the product being advertised. There was not a single shot of the match engine.

I don't know who on planet earth would watch this video and decide to buy your game, SI. It's mindblowing that we have to assume, this has been somebody's full-time job for the past few months at a company of that size. Mindblowing.

It’s the crazy world we live in. Trying to appeal to everyone and show how open the company is and be at the forefront of all the bs in the world.

Edited by Dbuk1

9 minutes ago, AI-brahimovic said:

The marketing for this game has been among the most disappointing I have seen in several decades of video game history.

I have one opinion about this about one person involved in the game, but it will get erased like the last time I posted weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Ive never understood the way they've all but eliminated things like this from the game. Team logos are smaller than ever, team colours are non existent. Kits are the same. There's been a design decision somewhere along the lines that, IMO of course, stinks. The only way they could make this skin any more boring is if they changed the colour to grey. Thats it. The bars been low over the last few years and I think somehow they've managed to get below it this year again. 

If they want more immersion outside of the match engine then it needs more of of what you've mentioned plus more logos, badges, competition specific branding, pictures of the stadiums on the club and fixtures screens, faces on the tactics screens and subs bench, larger faces & shirt numbers on the profile screen, more real-life photography laced throughout your journey etc. A lot of that is lost in modern digital design and accessibility, however - which is why modding is so important for most people.

But, there needs to be a distinct visual, immersive difference between managing Manchester United and Manchester City, for example - not everything for every club looking the same.

1 minute ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Skinning, graphics packs and a pre game editor are a must. 

Genuinely do not think they would be so naive to lock those off. 

No, but then I didn't think they'd be naïve enough to post a big announcement 2 months before the game launches that says absolutely nothing either. 

5 minutes ago, stevemc said:

If they want more immersion outside of the match engine then it needs more of of what you've mentioned plus more logos, badges, competition specific branding, pictures of the stadiums on the club and fixtures screens, faces on the tactics screens and subs bench, larger faces & shirt numbers on the profile screen, more real-life photography laced throughout your journey etc. A lot of that is lost in modern digital design and accessibility, however - which is why modding is so important for most people.

But, there needs to be a distinct visual, immersive difference between managing Manchester United and Manchester City, for example - not everything for every club looking the same.

Absolutely. Competition specific colours as you progress through should be a thing. EAFC has it and it adds to the game. Said it earlier there has to be a different feeling managing one team to another in a basic way it just adds a freshness to it. People play this game for hours on end. Make it worth while to look at for that period of time. 

I will add though that I do think the basic look of the skin has something going for it, it looks clean but it needs expanded on. 

Edited by jimbo22

1 minute ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

I agree, this would lose so much if this were to happen. I for one enjoy, like many other the fact that there are no empty slots for emblems or faces. They locked the adboards due to sponsorships/licensing if i'm not mistaken?

New licences bring new caveats and requirements -  I just hope they dont start messing with our beloved! 

Really cant get my head around how the lack of info so far apart from things they are removing.i have no problem with womans game being added i am all for growing the sport as a whole but not at the expensive of improving or taking away other features.all si seem to care about is the womans game being added like it some kind of golden goose or some amazing new feature!i wont touch it myself as love the mens version far too much.it will be a feature hardly used by most users maybe 30 % at most.i really hope this years game will blow us all away in the coming weeks

12 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

And thats why it is sad to see people here still saying preorder because the amount of hours they get from the game and blind faith.

This year it is heavily wait and see before buy and later on also.

26 minutes ago, AI-brahimovic said:

As someone who was part of the research-team a decade ago and loves this game, defended devs many times, and as a marketer I have to say:

The marketing for this game has been among the most disappointing I have seen in several decades of video game history. What we got was a super PC-friendly ad that tells us people of every ethnicity can play the game on their smartphones. Even women, apparently. Politically correct and soulless advertising without an ounce of meaning or any actual valuable information.

The very definition of the word "trailer" implies that it would consist of a series of selected shots from the product being advertised. There was not a single shot of the match engine.

I don't know who on planet earth would watch this video and decide to buy your game, SI. It's mindblowing that we have to assume, this has been somebody's full-time job for the past few months at a company of that size. Mindblowing.

Adding insult that those small glimpses of pics from laptops are the same "work in progress" mock ups that are in official steam page.

3 minutes ago, filip_croatia said:

How women's football can be bigger news than new match engine !? Are they that afraid of "international woke brigade" ?? :(

Neh, but now that ya mentioned it, you made yourself look like the scaredy cat instead. Good job.

I do unfortunately have to agree that the game is looking shaky at this time, however I wouldn't put it past SI that they would be teasing us a little bit and leave it till very late to show the back of their tongues and impress us JUST enough to get the game flying off of the digital shelves. Call it copium, but it's not unprecedented in FM's history I think.

1 hour ago, davehanson said:

Obviously the roadmap has Introducing Women's Football as the first topic. Fine, okay. 

No, it's not ok. Sorry, I must say this, let moders ban me if that has to be. But this game society is vastly based on men. That's the fact, not a matter of sex. We, male fans build that society and actually this game status. Ok, I have nothing against women's football, but let's be honest - how many women look forward to play this game (comparing to men) that this feature is more important to introduce than the rest??? It's like with some hobby club which has permanent members and newcomers are treated as a priority.

Edited by armbi

I'm hesitant to be honest telling us what's already been said and known. Womens football and premiership licence.. not much else Let's see if they can wow us further down the line

29 minuti fa, AI-brahimovic ha scritto:

This is probably the first trailer I've seen in all my life that shows NOTHING about the game it's advertising.

That trailer was absolutely horrendous. Shows nothing, poor production values, annoying music, felt detached from the actual game - it felt like an AI program came up with it.

Thankfully a trailer doesn't make a game, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm extremely concerned about what state this will release in. I was here for Championship Manager 4, I know what rushed large scale changes mean... A broken mess... I really hope this isn't the case, no preorder from me this year though.

2 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

I agree - i don't know why SI didn't work with some of the brilliant skinners over on the skinning forum and come up with something really quite appealing. Rather than it looking like some cheap mobile game

Your last sentence probably perfectly captures what they're aiming for now.

12 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Absolutely. Competition specific colours as you progress through should be a thing. EAFC has it and it adds to the game. Said it earlier there has to be a different feeling managing one team to another in a basic way it just adds a freshness to it. People play this game for hours on end. Make it worth while to look at for that period of time. 

I will add though that I do think the basic look of the skin has something going for it, it looks clean but it needs expanded on. 

Yeah. I've always thought the skin should correlate with the club you're managing, and for special competitions (European/International) ones you should get a special skin when that's your next game, with the tournament logo somewhere.

But i can't see it happening. 

I’d be very cautious about pre-ordering for pc or laptop users if I were you, unless you have a really high end performing system. I don’t know much about computer specs and stuff but I just got a feeling running this unity match engine on a lot of laptops or PCS just may not be so possible. I hope they still put the 2D match engine for those of us who’ll struggle to make the leap. I’ll personally wait & see. 

I just can’t get over how bad those screenshots are. 

Imagine you are one of those 19 year olds who has never played the game before that they want to attract to the game, and decide to look at the pictures on steam. Who would be impressed with them? Who would think that they look appealing?

Now come to us who know what the game can give you. Are these in any way interesting screenshots? We have a team selection screen, a squad view, and 3 identical player profiles from the same team with multiple errors. 

No sign of anything match related, no dressing room, no tactics screens, no scouting views, no staff, no training, injuries, transfers, competitions, league tables, statistics… I could go on. 

These are mock ups anyway, how hard would it have been to mock up any of the above? Why haven’t they? One can only assume it’s because they have no idea what these elements will look like. 

My disappointment levels are off the charts even though my expectations were minimal. I’ve defended this for months too, but this is so, so bad. 

7 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Uhh just looked. The trailer is sitting on negative like and dislake ratio. 1k likes, 1.6k dislikes. First time for them.

The video is supposed to be an advert for people to pre-order, yet it shows next to nothing for what you'd be spending your money on, so it's entirely understandable. 

3 horas atrás, decapitated disse:

To offer some constructive criticism to SI, I'm not sure Miles reliance on Twitter to reveal information about the game is that wise in the current situation where the site has become increasingly toxic and politically extreme and you have to have an account to read his content. For example Miles in the 2nd tweet says "But it doesn’t end there…" but unless you have a Twitter account it really does. More content on publicly viewable sites would be preferable. 

This could be announced on official FM blog with user comments on. Or even here on Forum.

12 minutes ago, Muja said:

This is probably the first trailer I've seen in all my life that shows NOTHING about the game it's advertising.

If it had ended with a title card and voiceover for Coco Chanel it would have made roughly the same amount of sense.

Maybe a more adequate example - if you have a star in the club who has been playing for several seasons, builds the club's brand, is a symbol of the club, then the club authorities strive for this player first, his opinion and needs are a priority over new players who are often unknown. It's a matter of principles, loyalty, appreciation.

I feel there's problem in here. What I said before - they know that the old guard will stay anyway, as many here even declared that.

3 minutes ago, armbi said:

I feel there's problem in here. What I said before - they know that the old guard will stay anyway, as many here even declared that.

Forums prob represent (at best) 5% of players), the most vocal, but still 5%. This game is NOT made for the old guard. That much is clear. This game is being made for a new market(s). The fact they are producing **** info and displaying (so far) an entirely crappy product (these UI screens are pretty poor) should be rather worrying for them. If they fail the new market (that UI looks drier than the desert when compared to the vast majority of AAA games) means they would prob fail the new market and **** the existing customers. I can only imagine what sort of words are being said in the background.

Personally, I liked what I saw of the UI in the screenshots at first glance, along with the new logo. It’s like that with every change - you get used to it over time. I was planning to upgrade my computer anyway, but these recommended requirements practically put FM25 and EA FC on the same level. I hope that won’t restrict many players from being able to run and enjoy the game, as that would be fundamentally unfair. P.S. What truly matters is that the game remains stable and doesn’t crash frequently.

Edited by SlobaFMB

3 minutes ago, daleuk8 said:

Do we have the official specs yet for FM25?

Found these on Steam:

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i3-530 or AMD FX-4100 Laptop: Intel Core i3-330M or AMD A6-5200
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 380 or Intel HD 530 Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M or AMD Radeon R9 M375 or Intel HD 530 512MiB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "Low". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Laptop: Intel Core i5-1035G7 or AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile or AMD Radeon RX 6600M 1GiB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "High". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

2 minutes ago, jmlima said:

Forums prob represent (at best) 5% of players), the most vocal, but still 5%. This game is NOT made for the old guard.

I don't know how did you count this. But even if you right I assume this small percentage represents large part of the whole community in terms of attitude.