The Final, your plan

Driving back to London from the in laws in Derby at some point on Sunday. Sooner the better. Straight down a mate's house. Beers, takeaway, Three Lions, Vindaloo, World in Motion.

Edited by cafcrocky

• Administrators
  • Gear up in my red England '66' onesie. Put the dog's football hoody on as well. 
  • England football anthems on repeat from 6pm to 7pm
  • Get food in, and ice cream.
  • Sit down with my family (dad, mum) and watch the game. 
  • Drink some singleton whiskey after I've finished eating.

Might slip in a bit of FM early doors.

Really excited, have a bit more belief than 3 years ago. 

Round my girlfriend's parents for her delayed birthday gathering as they all had COVID last week :seagull: We'll have the game on but I'd much rather have been round my parents with my brothers and a takeaway that we were invited for.

Sunday 8pm is the killer, went pub with the kids last Saturday and it was amazing and something they'll always remember

We'll have family round like we've been doing most of the tournament 

Not an England fan obviously but will definitely be watching, have invited a mate up (was invited after the QFs so definitely no England supporting going on here :D) to watch so should be fun. I don't really care who wins. The English media will be insufferable but they already are so... be amazing for the England team/players who I actually like the majority of. Never really liked the Spanish team (mostly due to their era of dominance via boredom) but this one is quite good to watch and I'm GODRI NUMBER ONE FAN so would be great to see him and a bunch of others win it for Spain. Either way i just hope it's a good game. I think Yamal and Olmo might cook the England defence. 

I'll be in Fuerteventura on holiday with Mrs Gizzy. 

I'll most likely watch the final on my iPad from our balcony as the thought of watching it in a pub surrounded by drunken England fans is a thing of nightmares.

The locals will be happy if Spain win though :D 

gonna play Dragon Age Inquisition and eat bangers and mash for the 3rd time, maybe have the final running on another screen with no sound and maybe wear my fake shirt

Edited by Carambau

I’ll be sat on the living room floor playing ball with the dog, just like most of the other games.

Far too old to be down the pub with the pondscum. 

Probably get a takeaway delivered and a few shandy’s, and sit back and watch the best day of Robs football life.

Wearing my getting luckier England cricket one-day retro 1992 shirt.

Sitting in my new getting luckier sofa position after the living room furniture has been moved around since WC22.

Nodding with a calm knowing grin when we go 1-0 down after 6 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

GSNHUsmWIAAV7-g?format=jpg&name=small

FFS Keir, you do realise businesses will have to prepare?

Such amateur hour.

Make a day of mourning if we lose and get it announced now.

Have covid right now so prob chilling at home but hoping it clears to go somewhere local and watch. Also misunderstood the title as being everyone’s tactical plan to beat Spain :D

I'll be out somewhere but not sure where yet, a lot of pubs in London have turned into walk-in only or charging extortionate amounts for a seat - got to one yesterday 90 minutes before kickoff and I reckon there were 80 people in the queue on a one-in-one-out policy so sacked that off. 

I've watched every game so far in a pair of boxers and a 1996 England top. Contemplating going out for the final but not sure my lucky attire will be appreciated. 

Isn't even appreciated in my house. 

32 minutes ago, Bootador said:

FFS Keir, you do realise businesses will have to prepare?

Such amateur hour.

Make a day of mourning if we lose and get it announced now.

Look, just get over yourself, you ain’t having Monday off, officially anyway

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Look, just get over yourself, you ain’t having Monday off, officially anyway

You're just jealous because you already get a day off and don't want me to be happy.

Ever since I dressed up my 6 week old daughter in her England baby grow which matches my shirt, England have won all 3 games. So I'll make sure both are washed in time for the game. 

You're welcome, England.

Step son has suggested going to the Hooden-on-the-Hill to watch it which is my local, so i'll join him and his mates, and his gf, with my wife.

No superstitions, I don't beleive in any of that.

(used to though many years ago; I wouldn't watch a match with the TV volume set to 13)

Hope for a gentle headache, as I'd quite like you to win so I get the Monday off.

On the real though, got a family meal around 1, so will sink a few beers then, likely to stay local so will see who in the area is watching and probably go join them and soak up some atmosphere as the misses will want me out the house, and the little one will be in bed.

Fireworks at 11pm, smash the local bus stop up at 2am, stroll in at 3am, and then enjoy a bank holiday. Nothing like tailcoating on some glory for the sake of a few beers, been a good euros for that. :D

Handily, my football team's sponsor is a gay bar that puts Euros games on for us, so we generally fly below the radar in terms of people knowing it's being shown.

As a result, it's usually just us (got 30 saying they'll come at present), plus I'm sure there'll be other regulars who like football that don't play who will come along too.

All while there's three or four drag queens in the other room showcasing their art :D

Will just watch at home. Kids (5 & 8) have shown no interest whatsoever so far, but are both adamant they want to watch the final. Expect 10-20 minutes in I'll be ducking out to take them each up to bed instead.

2 hours ago, m_fenton said:

Will just watch at home. Kids (5 & 8) have shown no interest whatsoever so far, but are both adamant they want to watch the final. Expect 10-20 minutes in I'll be ducking out to take them each up to bed instead.

You know when to put the bet on first goal scored on then. 😉

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, sebsy said:

I'll be watching how I've watched all 8pm kickoffs so far, the following morning.

I feel like this needs more explanation? :D

13 hours ago, Carambau said:

gonna play Dragon Age Inquisition and eat bangers and mash for the 3rd time, maybe have the final running on another screen with no sound and maybe wear my fake shirt

Man, don't mind this at all.

Getting ready for school time, might treat the kids to some screen time over breakfast. Was going to work from home, but need to be in the office for something, so hoping it's done in 90 so I am not too late. 

10 hours ago, Darren Moores Mum said:

Ordered my bum flares. Just hope they come on time.

I need to know more, is this a flare you stick up your bum to make it go?

4 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

red arrows due to fly back to base from southport air show around 7ish... might try and look for them, nothing gets you in the mood then a red arrows flypast

Bit strange, but there was a red arrows display right over my house on the day of the Slovakia game.

Should have realised it was a sign about spectacular overheads to come. 

Got me mum, step dad and one of my brothers coming round so will be 7 of us, just doing burgers/sausages to eat hopefully in the garden as weather doesn't look too bad with some music and drink up until ko.

As excited as I am for the final, the news coverage has been incredibly cringeworthy, interviewing bloody Jessie Lingards dad, kicking a ball around cardboard cutouts of the players, and waffling on about basically nothing to fill time.

Watching with the wife, who'll undoubtedly be wearing an England shirt and I'll have to make supportive noises every so often to assure her I'm supporting England. Make no mistake, if England win I will die inside. While saying stuff like "Nice one" "Happy for you" and "Aye that's good like". 

Mates have tickets for the big O2 showing, but I am not doing that unless my arms gets seriously twisted.

So just watching at home, whilst the wife, who stopped feigning interest in anything football years ago potters about hoovering, on her laptop, or asking really inane questions about plans for the next weekend.

Edited by Bliss Seeker

On 11/07/2024 at 09:11, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Where are you watching, who with, doing anything special for it, any lucky routines. Tell us everything, no matter how boring

Will be watching with the family.... 

No real lucky routines really. But i will be nervous throughout the day. 

24 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Be watching it at home, from behind my sofa probably. 

My days of being in a pub at 8pm on Sunday night are long gone 

Same here. I can only imagine the amount it would kick off in my local (whatever the result) if some of the regulars have been drinking in there all day.

At home, watching it and playing a drinking game. A decent swig of beer every time one of the commentators or pundits remarks that they've already won it before the game kicks off, uses the phrase "England expects" or makes a joke/pun about Yamal's age and the kick off time. Half a beer when the crowd shot focuses on a grown ass adult with their face painted and downing a full beer when it focuses on some sad twit dressed as a medieval knight for no good reason, 

47 minutes ago, Gary_Parker said:

At home, watching it and playing a drinking game. A decent swig of beer every time one of the commentators or pundits remarks that they've already won it before the game kicks off, uses the phrase "England expects" or makes a joke/pun about Yamal's age and the kick off time. Half a beer when the crowd shot focuses on a grown ass adult with their face painted and downing a full beer when it focuses on some sad twit dressed as a medieval knight for no good reason, 

Don't forget a child who supports which ever team is behind in tears. :thup: