The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

15 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

England Tier 11 database and I found

Got a link? I'm fancying having a go in England, but I can't get the teams I like to pop up. Perhaps it's more fun teams further down...?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Got a link? I'm fancying having a go in England, but I can't get the teams I like to pop up. Perhaps it's more fun teams further down...?

there's definitely a lot more teams to choose from further down!

I downloaded the databse from the Steam workshop but it's this one:-

https://www.passion4fm.com/english-lower-leagues-database/

So far so good!

Epitsentr_Dunaivtsi_logo.png.c1465226da230f938b5ae589c1049020.png

Epicenter Dunaivsti
(Ukraine)

This is it ! I got sacked during my first season with just one game to go. I could not avoid relegation at this point anyway.

It was a rough year. I was dead last in the season preview. Team was weak, and got even weaker when I lost three of my best players to Ukrainian Premier League clubs. Could not find any rhythm. Morale of the team was low. Awful.

I realized the challenge was a little bit too much for me. This is my first save with this version, upgrading from FM2018. Need to find an easier challenge.

Good luck all !

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Truro City 2027/2028

20220225173523_1.thumb.jpg.bb7e73655203d7fa2b168dcefd9bc094.jpg

I think we're stuck, we are improving season by season but the youngsters aren't good enough. Anyways, we managed at least to have some kind of defending this year which I'm happy with. Our goalscoring was terrible instead so I guess it makes it even.

Squad

20220225173602_1.thumb.jpg.067d98c5ac27e97196cbf14ceae522db.jpg

Next year there will be only two guys from the OGs left.

Youth Intake

20220225163356_1.thumb.jpg.8fa8332b90c02bfa32a1e343e119275e.jpg

20220225163405_1.thumb.jpg.672757566629184046cb67d8ad6ba4f1.jpg

Perfectionist! I think this guy could be something great.

20220225173818_1.jpg.aa8d754639a6f7f57bee887e528ace12.jpg

Come on you white tigers!

So here I go again, in the Netherlands.  DSV Concordia finished bottom of their league so I have taken the helm.

Club Introduction

DSV Concordia

DSV Concordia Delft - Club profile | Transfermarkt

The Manager

This is me.

Ktuts0Z.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Basic                 Fairly Basic     Limited            Obscure   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, XaW said:

So after the poor Danish adventure, I'm back to something old and know. England! I've made some small attempts here, but never really got it going. This time, I hope it's different. After reloading about a million times, I finally got the club I want.

h4LNEQr.png

2GMhXdb.png

That's right, I'm heading to St. Ives! Far to the south-west of England, down in Cornwall is the home of the club. It's from St. Ives (duh!), which is a small town known for "its surf beaches, like Porthmeor, and its art scene" according to Google.

4EnETC5.png

The club doesn't have much of a squad, just 11 players, so I don't expect to use many subs! At least not until the intake comes along!

Neither in facilities does the club have much to show, so I have my work cut out for me!

YGbGGAb.png

Wish me luck, I think I need it!

Hate to be the bearer of bad new, but that St. Ives is actually the one based in Cambridgeshire!

21866dcb1e5daf8cba5a941458b19eb4.png

8 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad new, but that St. Ives is actually the one based in Cambridgeshire!

21866dcb1e5daf8cba5a941458b19eb4.png

Ah! Damn, they tricked me! I saw they were located in St. Ives and thought that would be fun. Oh, well, I'll roleplay that St. Ives Town to Cornwall! :D

1316.png.eca9ce9183abe8c4c5d2ee7403f19b1c.png

Crispypaul
SK Gjovik-Lyn

Norwegian 2nd Division

League - Table - a pretty decent starting squad got us to 2nd (Sogndal, as a professional side, were far too strong) however we were thumped 6-1 on aggregate by Skeid.  A good first season mind.

Cup - Fixtures - through to the 4th round when Molde knocked us out

Finances - as usual these are always a bit meh. I got Odd from the Eliteserien as a parent just for the affiliate money and friendly.

Transfers

Squad 

Key players

Per Kristian Jansen - solid centre half

Ryan Nelson - good English attacking midfielder

Ole Thomas Skogli - prolific striker

Jesper Sydboge - another good defender

Rocky Lekaj - veteran striker still scores

Youth Update

Intake (my skin hasn't been updated post patch so this looks a bit odd!)

1. Jakub Olszewski YP22a - beginning | season end - decent Polish/Norway keeper

2. Bjørn Erik Nersveen YP22b - beginning | season end - probably the best of the intake, getting interest from Eliteserien and overseas clubs

3. Eirik Kvernmo YP22c -   beginning  | season end - ok striker

4. Cole Caligiuri YP22d -  beginning | season end - promising US/Norway keeper

5. Sindre Moen YP22e - beginning | season end -  pacy left winger

6. Ståle Antonsen YP22f - beginning | season end - not sure where he is best

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2022    	D2	      	 2nd     		4th   		Lost in play offs

hi, this is my 1st Y.A.C.

send me your prayers...

this is the club , a 3rd team of the Barcelona city , a legendary St. Andreu

image.png.86a61ec74e3f5227590242b89c8b25a1.png

the St. Andreu achievments

image.png.1f6ee93514be64cb505ebaaad375bd55.png

the facilities 

image.png.8dd913d6e832c7e111d6a8b0bcf9cfea.png

the current star and fans idol

image.png.5ccfd66b39dfaaa9c13e6586bd2d2821.png

and one exciting future prospect :

image.png.891e0113f062d8880d6fa062d1d3007f.png

i think will give he a some minutes this season  ...

we've only one GK at squad is this 

image.thumb.png.fe4cf24b2ef8fd013c3117751c2a3a52.png

and my new HOYD ,  the legend Ath. Bilbao Player Gaizka Toquero

image.thumb.png.d03f083b335d12521964b0c6c80461c5.png

i hope, he can able to catch a young basque players for futures sells at Basque teams (R.Sociedad,Ath. Bilbao, Osasuna ...)

will see....

Edited by llado01
ok

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

DSV Concordia

DSV Concordia Delft - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Season Summary

An excellent first season in charge, as we won the league title and secured promotion to the sixth tier.

Season Details

League Table - With the exception of late November, we were on top for the majority of the season.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Other than a sticky spell in the middle of the season, we were rarely troubled.

Pre Season Friendlies - With only two wins, it is safe to say we struggled somewhat in pre season.

Squad - Our recent youth intake has injected some much needed quality into the squad.

Squad Dynamics - It is rather smashing.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - We received an exceptional group of players with attacking midfielder Lester Plichta YP23C3 looking like the best of the bunch.

Finances - We made a small profit this year and enjoy a healthy bank balance as a result.

Key Players

Zafer Fazeli - Having been converted into a central midfielder, he quickly became our most reliable performer.

Cosmin Cojocaru - Playing on either the right wing or up front, the teenage Romanian electrified all season long.

Storm Smith - Versatile midfielder who can play either in the middle of the part or on the right wing, he was exceptional throughout the campaign.

Menno van den Bergh - Arguably our most important player as he plays the anchor role.

Raimund Brünner - Austrian left back who flattered to deceive.

Next Season

I don't feel we are strong enough to go up again so a safe mid table finish would be lovely.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal =     (0.50*) ↑  National B ↑↑       6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Basic                 Fairly Basic     Limited            Obscure   (0.50*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =           Basic =               Adequate      ↑↑ Fairly Basic ↑↑    Obscure = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      24        17        2        5          70              37                 +33              70.83%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          24        17        2        5          70              37                 +33              70.83%             287 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

2022/23    Tweede Klasse Zondag D

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Tweede Klasse Zondag D (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Tweede Klasse Zondag D                1st             N/a                          Promoted as champions.

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
2022/23    António Tavares YP23B2                    1

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2022/23    Ivano Tagliapietra YP23F6                    1

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2022/23    No one                                      0

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                     0

end of our 1st season (nothing remarkable here) 

we finish above the playoff relegation 

image.thumb.png.ba6434e52b08c2fb67f1f1d4652caf9c.png

the transfers:

image.png.6f48604fc79d5f42f74edc8d248ddcfb.png

our best goalscorer

image.thumb.png.740c958213e9552ac0ab4b2fa3562333.png

our best player

image.thumb.png.7212616f16cc61ba59bb966f60ba610f.png

the only stablished player form academy (obvius he is the only Gk at full squad)

image.thumb.png.d5f3fc7d1dfc7567b340b301f60e9453.png

(not a bad season for he)

and the young intake (very very poor)

image.png.8bdad1c7fffa747cc93110912b6124aa.png

the board not believes in the project , they're disappointed

image.png.4484e67d3d15725c0c4802e4a8f45201.png

i wil sack? will see , at the next chapter ....

Edited by llado01
transfrs

image.png.a59839a6da6e123076c1a66e3ad856ee.png

So i have ended my Slovenia save and am following several others to Andorra.  I have, after countless attempts, managed to get the team I was hoping for.  As we have no academy I am not sure whether I am going to be able to survive for very long so I wont be investing too much time in getting to know the players until I managed to get that youth academy.  Wish me luck.

1 minuto atrás, JAwtunes disse:

image.png.a59839a6da6e123076c1a66e3ad856ee.png

So i have ended my Slovenia save and am following several others to Andorra.  I have, after countless attempts, managed to get the team I was hoping for.  As we have no academy I am not sure whether I am going to be able to survive for very long so I wont be investing too much time in getting to know the players until I managed to get that youth academy.  Wish me luck.

Good luck :D

How many players do you have ?

20 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Good luck :D

How many players do you have ?

Thanks mate.  I have 13 players, they're all newgens that seem to have been created when the team were promoted.

image.thumb.png.359464521df58ea68989d501d4af6fb0.png

Edited by JAwtunes
screenshot

4 minutos atrás, JAwtunes disse:

Thanks mate.  I have 13 players, they're all newgens that seem to have been created when the team were promoted.

image.thumb.png.359464521df58ea68989d501d4af6fb0.png

The good thing is no one is old enough to retire after a season. You really need to push for ECL as soon as possible.

Looks like my Dutch save has ended already.  Found a game breaking glitch in the database (to me anyway) so that is that.  The guy who did the Dutch database last year when I went over forty seasons with Babberich hasn’t done one this year.

Maybe I should just stick to “out of the box” files.

I may try Brazil again.  I have no idea.

So I've been away from this for a while.

My Molodechno save kept on going nowhere. We did close in to the top teams and made a Conference League QF. BATE reached the SF so Belarus will be growing on the coefficient scale. I've played about 8 more seasons but couldn't be bothered posting about this slog of a save and eventually lost my interest. I might pick it up again in the future but after doing some different saves I'm now jumping onto the England lvl 11 bandwagon.

Holidaying atm, will update when the save sticks :)

Brazilian wonderkids from the other side, again:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've lost my starter leftback and my best centre-back in mid-season, just when summer transfer window for europe starts.

Defense has been my weakest point all save, but at least next intake will solve it?

Of course NOT!

spacer.png

:seagull:

logo.jpeg.50e117e62bc10c60aa73168b2605c346.jpeg

Sant Andreu – Season 8 (2029/30)

La Liga We survived! A great season overall - we started off with three games against fellow strugglers and won them all, bringing us to 9 points, a total which took us well into the winter to reach last time we were in La Liga. We continued to play well until our form collapsed round-about March, but by then we were clearly safe from relegation. In the end we finished in a very solid 11th place. I am hoping for more of the same next season, and that our spring form doesn’t continue into next autumn. 

spacer.png 

Players: Manel Blay 05a was head and shoulders above the rest this season, finishing top scorer with 14 from midfield and making it onto 2nd place in the NxtGen wondered list. Jaime Viladegut 01b gets an honourable mention for holding down the right back slot - he’s a true modern full back in that he can’t defend but creates lots. Still, I hope that he finally gets usurped in the next 2 seasons. Jokin Carmona 06g was again the best of the youngsters.

Youth intake (preview): The preview promised the world but the intake didn’t entirely deliver - lots of good talent there, and I expect the top 2 prospects to become very good players for us. But there are lots of poor personalities too, so I’m not sure how many of these will develop in the end.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities: For some reason I can’t upgrade youth facilities any more (maybe a bug?), but I managed to max out training facilities, and a stadium expansion is on the way.

Transfers: trimmed the fringe players a bit, and loaned out some youngsters

Season    |  League               | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                   |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23   | Segunda RFEF Gr. III  |  1  |     n/a         |  German Fassani (ST)            | Promoted
2023/24   | Primera RFEF Gr. I    |  2  |     n/a         |  Aaron Hotoria 01a (DC)         | Lost in playoff semi
2024/25   | Primera RFEF Gr. I    |  3  |     n/a         |  Aaron Hotoria 01a (DC)         | Promotion through playoffs!
2025/26   | La Liga 2             |  9  |     n/a         |  Aaron Hotoria 01a (DC)         |
2026/27   | La Liga 2             |  1  |     n/a         |  Sergio Mulero (ST)             | Promoted
2027/28   | La Liga               |  19 |     n/a         |  Aaron Hotoria 01a (DC)         | Relegated
2028/29   | La Liga 2             |  1  |     n/a         |  Muhammed Badjie 03b (DC)       | Promoted
2029/30   | La Liga               |  11 |     n/a         |  Manel Blay 05a (MC)            |

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23   |  Average      |  Average          | Average        |  Average        |  6,557
2023/24   |  Adequate     |  Good             | Average        |  Average        |  6,557
2024/25   |  Adequate     |  Good             | Adequate       |  Average        |  6,557
2025/26   |  Adequate     |  Exceptional      | Adequate       |  Average        |  6,557
2026/27   |  Excellent    |  Exceptional      | Average        |  Average        |  6,557
2027/28   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Great          |  6,557
2028/29   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Excellent      |  Excellent      |  6,557
2029/30   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of art   |  Excellent      |  about 15k

rJOjNEf.png

2024 Midseason Review:

KDzTEyH.png

Wasn't too sure what to expect at this level, but the team is performing well enough that it looks like survival will be safe. The first six weeks or so of the season were two match weeks which was brutal on the thin roster. The latter half is one a week and I'm banking on that being enough to get into a good enough form to stay up.

2024 Youth Intake Preview:

VodXITE.png

Doesn't look particularly strong. Haven't been able to invest in facilities yet as thus far the little money I get at end of season is enough to stave off debt.

another season without nothing to remark

above of the relegation

image.png.b526272baa384633cea1e32e2a8737d7.png

no transfers 

image.thumb.png.cb6f540566b06586e587dc5fdc640820.png

not a bad y.i.

image.png.1395a52d8ca18f486771fc12c540bddb.png

and the two of the current youngest stars 

image.png.e5ec72f0f579cf40b9f91eadf3922b2b.png

nimage.png.a6a7290a1ab78e821be384c53289ce1b.pngff

next step ? we'll should end at the top half , but ...

1316.png.eca9ce9183abe8c4c5d2ee7403f19b1c.png

Crispypaul
SK Gjovik-Lyn

Norwegian 2nd Division

League - Table - much better as we won the league and promotion to the OBOS-Ligaen

Cup - Fixtures - a third round defeat to Ranheim

Finances - poor, not helped by £500k on underpitch heating (in our rented stadium)

Transfers

Squad 

Key players

Per Kristian Jansen

Ryan Nelson - another solid season

Ole Thomas Skogli - still prolific

Jesper Sydboge - solid defender

Rocky Lekaj - getting on a bit but still scoring

Eirik Asvestad - missed 2022 due to damaging his cruciate ligaments in pre-season but had a good season at left back

Youth Update

I am not doing before and after screenshots now, takes too long!

Intake - lots of "elite" talents...hmmm....anyway our U19 team got promoted so that's something

1. Vilgot Sätherström YP23a - think he'll make a good winger

2. Stefan Ahnsehl YP23b - poor det but otherwise promising midfielder

3. Ulrik Wangen YP23c - could be a good centre half

4. Tommy Hegerberg YP23d - signs of a good defender

5. Ola Hell YP23e - re-training to CM

Future - now we're in the 2nd tier we just need to stay up, also we get about £200k minimum in prize money for doing so which will help as I need a few more youth upgrades.  Needless to say we'll be waiting a while on facilities upgrades but at least we can get youth coaching and recruitment in the right direction.

Not listed here but a couple of the 2022 intake have been making appearances, they turn 18 in 2024 so will hopefully be full first team players as I don't like to play U18 players too much.

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2022    	D2	      	 2nd     		4th   		Lost in play offs
2023		D2		 1st			3rd		Promoted

Club.thumb.PNG.4a038b4e0349db6e68db3887e4f806e6.PNG

Spoiler

Manager.thumb.PNG.0c10695c74f0ec484cb2cae919f361d1.PNG

After a short break i decided to return to another try, this time back to where all started. Welcome to Vigo, Galicia, Spain.

El Rápido was born back in 1914 inside Liceo Marítimo de Bouzas and inherited the yellow and black colours that uses in the kit. In 1917 El Rápido splits from Liceo and is registered under the name of CLUB RAPIDO FOOTBALL until 1941, when due to a new law that prohibited foreign terms, becomes what we know today, CLUB RÁPIDO DE BOUZAS.

The clubs is the second oldest in Galicia after Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña.

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

VV Drachtster Boys

VV Drachtster Boys - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Season Summary

A season where we came so close, losing out on the league title and promotion to the fifth tier on the final day.

Season Details

League Table - We finished second, narrowly missing out on the league title and promotion.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We dropped some silly points and this ultimately proved to be costly.

Pre Season Friendlies - We had a shortened pre season campaign and with only one loss, it went well.

Squad - We have a decent squad and should be challenge again next season.

Squad Dynamics - It is rather lovely.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - An intake that provided depth to the squad, though there are no standout players.  Attacking midfielder Tony Schmidt YP23A1 is rated the best prospect.

Finances - We made a small profit this year and the bank balance continues to grow as a result.

Key Players

Dean Groen - It was an extraordinary season from our central midfield orchestrator.

Jelle Kuperus-Schokker - Our most improved player, he is being converted into a right winger and has cemented his starting spot.

Joël Wagenaar - The veteran striker adds some much needed experience to the starting eleven.  Had a good return, scoring 14 goals in 23 appearances.

Derrick Barima - Still aged only twenty four, he plays the anchor midfield role with aplomb.

Dennis Hoekstra - The defender is rated as our best player though he didn't show it.  He has been sulking for a while as wants to leave for a bigger club, though no offers have been forthcoming.

Next Season

Another title challenge is the obvious goal.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal =     (0.50*) ↑  None =              4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Below Average        Below Average     Basic                 Average          Fairly Basic       Local     (0.50*)
2022/23    Below Average =      Below Average =   Basic =               Good          ↑↑ Average      ↑↑    Local   = (0.50*) =

Season Record

2022/23      26        19        3        4          58              20                 +38              73.08%

Overall Career Record

2022/23          26        19        3        4          58              20                 +38              73.08%             293 days

Transfer Sale Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zaterdag E              2nd             N/a                          Missed out on the league title and promotion on the final day.

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Naldo Ho-A-Tham                                 2

Season     Player                                Cumulative Number of Goals
2022/23    No one                                             0

Season     Player                              Cumulative Number of Assists
2022/23    No one                                            0

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
2022/23    Hólmar Örn Björnsson YP23B2                     1

Edited by DazRTaylor

afcsouthwick.jpg.c4f66ecf4439b346eab504c846c048ee.jpg

AFC Southwick - England

Southern Combination League Division 1 (Tier 10)

2023/24 (season 2)

Season Summary

A really good first season in tier 10 that almost got us promoted after a good run at the end of the season. But in the end we fell just a couple of points short. Still, our strong finish to the season bodes well for the new season. I quite enjoyed this season as all these teams are from silly little towns from around where I live, which makes it kinda fun!

24leaguetable.JPG.8c5d3948d229b9b84f5eccd656e4a195.JPG

Cups - still not in the FA Cup but in a few of the silly little cups. We got through to our league cup but Arundel beat us. Sadly not a lot of money in that.

Players

So our squad ratings are totally skewed by our one star player. Lots of youth players in the first XI now too

24bestXI.JPG.d823e5e1c519e7db0973108588189ae5.JPG

Youth

A fairly ordinary preview, although 5 stars is always nice

24youthpreview.thumb.JPG.2c985ff831376ac0bcdbcc9c2c86e139.JPG

The intake was nice - at least three players that could go straight into the first team which was a huge bonus

24youthintake1.thumb.JPG.5563e7c1cb8b73c73dd5f21c333015c0.JPG

24youthintake2.JPG.3d15a33cd0b08268c32bc931e7248f02.JPG

Thing is, they're all so bad at this level there really isn't a huge difference between 1 and 5 stars!

Finances and Upgrades

We went semi-pro so I could offer my better players contracts. Most of them I kept on amatuer contracts though, cos they're free! so I had a budget of 1200 or so but was only spending 100. I made a profit of about 8k over the season, which is loads in tier 10. But it's not gonna get me any upgrades sadly....

Career

I'm enjoying it so far but it's still a mad idea starting in tier 11. The game takes longer than I'm used to. Tier 11 had something like 17 different leagues, as does tier 10. I'm not used to that many results being churned!

24career.thumb.JPG.db3af460e03ba9126449f51ac9e8509b.JPG