The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yes, as long as they are created to mirror real leagues. So no super leagues, or world leagues, or that kind. But if you want a England to level 10, or play the Azerbaijan league with real rules, then that's fine. Still, the same principle stands, holiday a year and take over a newly promoted team into the lowest playable league. For those countries that doesn't have relegation from the lowest tier, then take over the club who finished bottom during the holiday year. Albeit that is only fine if the nation has a minimum of two tiers. So no single tier league is permitted.

If you are in doubt, holiday a season and post some screenshots and someone will answer.

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The7Striker said:

Good luck :D

Yesterday i saw a Ajax documentary that kinda made me look to the league with other eyes, but i didnt know that was a custom DB that low.

You will face some nice challenges through the leagues. The league helps you or just the two main divisions have cash ?

Just the two main.  When I turn semi pro, I will rely on selling players.

08CnAr8.png

XaW - Brickfield Rangers - Season 2022/23 - JD Cymru North

W7GCxAP.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Our first season in Wales went by rather quickly. I used something similar to what I did in Luxembourg, and it seems to work fine. Even though we finished in 11th place, I always had the feeling we got a bit hard done by at times. Looking at the xG table, we should have been 3rd! So I jot quite a few things down to lack of player quality, and we did often lose games due to what I would call individual errors. So I think I'll stick with this setup going forward as I hope for some better quality players that what I started with. The team was decent enough with a few good players and a few horrible players, but it's as expected in the lower leagues of Wales, I suppose. Onward and upwards we go!

Off the pitch, I managed to complete the National C and B licenses and also approve the National A that I'm currently working on. The club is losing a bit of money each month, so I expect us to start to struggle with this soon enough.

Welsh League Cup: We lost to Guilsfield in the 1st round on pens.
Welsh Cup: We beat Llay Welfare and Prestatyn Town before we lost to Llanrhaedr in the 3rd round.

Youth intake:

PZ2W5wG.png

Each and any intake is welcome the first season, but this was quite something. Two excellent players and a lot of talented ones as well.

NYKHK4r.png

Mark York 23a went straight into the team as the main striker. Huge for a 16 year old and not horribly slow either.

M77gGic.png (1771×715)

No doubt about our right back either. Stuart Hayes 23b is best on the defensive side, but we are in lower league Wales, so I expect he is better than most.

KDzWDTF.png

4RcV3R5.png

Trophy cabinet

None

2YeEagO.png

1 hora atrás, XaW disse:

08CnAr8.png

XaW - Brickfield Rangers - Season 2022/23 - JD Cymru North

W7GCxAP.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Our first season in Wales went by rather quickly. I used something similar to what I did in Luxembourg, and it seems to work fine. Even though we finished in 11th place, I always had the feeling we got a bit hard done by at times. Looking at the xG table, we should have been 3rd! So I jot quite a few things down to lack of player quality, and we did often lose games due to what I would call individual errors. So I think I'll stick with this setup going forward as I hope for some better quality players that what I started with. The team was decent enough with a few good players and a few horrible players, but it's as expected in the lower leagues of Wales, I suppose. Onward and upwards we go!

Off the pitch, I managed to complete the National C and B licenses and also approve the National A that I'm currently working on. The club is losing a bit of money each month, so I expect us to start to struggle with this soon enough.

Welsh League Cup: We lost to Guilsfield in the 1st round on pens.
Welsh Cup: We beat Llay Welfare and Prestatyn Town before we lost to Llanrhaedr in the 3rd round.

Youth intake:

PZ2W5wG.png

Each and any intake is welcome the first season, but this was quite something. Two excellent players and a lot of talented ones as well.

NYKHK4r.png

Mark York 23a went straight into the team as the main striker. Huge for a 16 year old and not horribly slow either.

M77gGic.png (1771×715)

No doubt about our right back either. Stuart Hayes 23b is best on the defensive side, but we are in lower league Wales, so I expect he is better than most.

KDzWDTF.png

4RcV3R5.png

Trophy cabinet

None

2YeEagO.png

That York trait is going to be fun to watch :lol:

Solid season and some nice prospects

2 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

That York trait is going to be fun to watch :lol:

Solid season and some nice prospects

Yeah, he hope he become a great big bastard up top! :D

Thanks, it was a good one, even if we could have been higher up the table with a bit more luck.

10 minutos atrás, ANGL disse:

Quick question - are loan backs allowed? I'm about to sell my first academy player to Europe and the buyer has offered a loan back - can I accept it?

No. Once you sell the player he can not come back, even as a loan deal.

16 minutes ago, ANGL said:

Quick question - are loan backs allowed? I'm about to sell my first academy player to Europe and the buyer has offered a loan back - can I accept it?

No, but you can try to change the transfer date to the end of the season. If you sell him, he cannot be loaned back.

Thanks to both @The7Striker @XaW

So there I am, on the other side of Brazilian Wonderkids:

spacer.png

98 first team games, 43 goals and 14 assists, and the first academy graduate who became a first team regular. Fingers crossed on that 50% next sale clause

Edited by ANGL

2054/55 End of Season Review

41de1cb3559ebb3fc3d1196ae5a88e01.png

f23aadfd43d2d2c8aaa5be5591a3fa00.png

2e22891ad83a56b11f784faaf4a7392e.png

Two big wins to end the season against two of the top three sees us finish one point better off than last season!

3b50709046bbcc373f2ed56a53b1a0f5.png

1e0b31b7518e6d35ed9bbb8b1eebe214.png accf1b49338fe19f313b64099769b2de.png 58c2086329383026e254affc342c1bb9.png

3177eab10450f66a8f109ba047f4cd31.png 38848efe95d1961bb89f2feeb1607308.png 5c799eb44c43607a90a3f602bdaa3955.png 2ce0f2669d5791142dcd1d6a2a828f4e.png 

f66e371ce21f2c6c024f0163c0a62777.png

cadc6d716a5b7404fecc3f3bb3350289.png

1a00ddd46caab8fd927e98d26e5a11b9.png

da2d202985f5b406ee95b3039e8d8eaa.png

cbf01fba86ffba89091a4a4ea246746d.jpg

Overall Best XI

729befbcbe88a880dbb30ac175d5b3b8.png

2054/55 Best XI

289da808820b66d22bd03a0b9b7eb22e.png

Gavin Ballard (YP24n)

Ross Elphinstone (YP28d) - Jacob McIntyre (YP26k) - Chris Smith (YP24e) - Ryan Whelan (YP27b)

Max Gunn (YP26d)

David McNeil (YP23f) - Georgi Petrov (YP23e)

Lewis O'Donnell (YP27e)                                                                    Ronan Gilbert (YP28f)

Wayne Shearer (YP29c)

2b47299c5c7952bb8e80074eb14f21f6.png

62680970fcaac1f67b9a191caff2c9de.png

437748e94acd6eae1dea0750889f6427.png

2 hours ago, Gersdude123 said:

Thinking this for my tactic for Kingstonian  don't know if it's allowed here it's my 1st year using my own tactics could do with a small bit of advice 

image.png.f2dec25beafa894cf12e3843c1f67979.png

I'm not a tactics master but what are you looking for? Are you trying to build some type or template or is this more tailored for your team?

2 hours ago, Gersdude123 said:

Thinking this for my tactic for Kingstonian  don't know if it's allowed here it's my 1st year using my own tactics could do with a small bit of advice 

image.png.f2dec25beafa894cf12e3843c1f67979.png

You've got a striker dropping off before attacking the box late but have two wingers on attack dropping crosses in and no real penetration from the central midfield. 

What sort of football are you intending to play?

4 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

You've got a striker dropping off before attacking the box late but have two wingers on attack dropping crosses in and no real penetration from the central midfield. 

What sort of football are you intending to play?

Have switched the Striker to AF now and my MEZ to BBM and my DLP to BWM  want to play controlled possession which can be deadly on the counter 

Just began to lose some players and couldn't understand, why my club wouldn't go semi pro... Looked them up in editor and find this.

4156ccec7e37791e8c3029a6d2c13416.png

"Altid amatør" means always amatuer.. So i think i'll just find a new save in maybe a minor league... I bit disappointed after 10 years. Maybe i'll play a little bit on it later, but lost some motivation, when the blub can't give any contracts an lose the players, when the other can give them some wage... Next time, i don't go for a school team ;-)

9 minutos atrás, jepze disse:

Just began to lose some players and couldn't understand, why my club wouldn't go semi pro... Looked them up in editor and find this.

4156ccec7e37791e8c3029a6d2c13416.png

"Altid amatør" means always amatuer.. So i think i'll just find a new save in maybe a minor league... I bit disappointed after 10 years. Maybe i'll play a little bit on it later, but lost some motivation, when the blub can't give any contracts an lose the players, when the other can give them some wage... Next time, i don't go for a school team ;-)

Thats harsh :(

10 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

Redditch was a total disaster. I actually stopped a couple of days ago but was so angry about it I took a couple of days off to cool down. I tried so hard but ended in abject failure. I don't even want to talk about it.

Anyway, onto my second choice (before heart ruled over head) in Belgium.

Lokeren-Temse have good facilities, are Professional and seem like they'll have an easier early-game. I got a soft spot for fallen 'giants' and once I looked into the history of this club (or clubs rather - they merged) I was sold.

GL in Belgium! 

Hey, all. I’ve been following this thread for a while. I have a question: I started managing a club that is semi professional but I still can’t off part-time contracts, only amateur ones. Is this down to the stature of the club? 

KUTGW everyone. :)

6 minutes ago, Gundo said:

Hey, all. I’ve been following this thread for a while. I have a question: I started managing a club that is semi professional but I still can’t off part-time contracts, only amateur ones. Is this down to the stature of the club? 

KUTGW everyone. :)

Hey and welcome! Yeah, in some divisions it's set to always be non-contracts, even if the club is semi-pro. I have the same thing in the Welsh 2nd tier currently.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Hey and welcome! Yeah, in some divisions it's set to always be non-contracts, even if the club is semi-pro. I have the same thing in the Welsh 2nd tier currently.

Tusen takk. 

Has it resulted in you losing players freely? Can you offer any tips for keeping players on such deals? :)

33 minutes ago, Gundo said:

Tusen takk. 

Has it resulted in you losing players freely? Can you offer any tips for keeping players on such deals? :)

Ikke noe problem! :)

Well, yes, when other teams try to steal my players I offer them a contract with a start date at the end of the season. If they accept, they cannot be stolen before the new contract comes into effect. So at least I can keep the player for the season, before someone offers for him again. And then I do the same. Of course, if they accept to go somewhere else instead of accepting, then you are out of luck, but often they will accept it.

31 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ikke noe problem! :)

Well, yes, when other teams try to steal my players I offer them a contract with a start date at the end of the season. If they accept, they cannot be stolen before the new contract comes into effect. So at least I can keep the player for the season, before someone offers for him again. And then I do the same. Of course, if they accept to go somewhere else instead of accepting, then you are out of luck, but often they will accept it.

Great, thanks for the tip. It definitely adds another layer of difficulty to an already tough challenge. 

8 minutes ago, Gundo said:

Great, thanks for the tip. It definitely adds another layer of difficulty to an already tough challenge. 

If you want even more, I can point you to the lower league Norwegian file I made that goes all the way down to the 10th tier! Since I know you like Norwegian football, I mean! ;) 

1 minute ago, Elsjorro said:

So i really can't be asked to go ahead with my Cottbus game at this moment, so im doing something i never did before: Starting this challenge in Iceland:

Start.thumb.jpg.acd806901f16acbb71bd841bf9bb26a2.jpg

Just a friendly warning, make sure you don't have a shared U19 team. If you do, you have to have all your youth players in the main squad and you can only loan them out to your shared U19 team. Really annoying.

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

Just a friendly warning, make sure you don't have a shared U19 team. If you do, you have to have all your youth players in the main squad and you can only loan them out to your shared U19 team. Really annoying.

How does that happen? a shared u19 team? 

1 minute ago, Elsjorro said:

How does that happen? a shared u19 team? 

It's how Iceland is in real life. Several teams share youth teams and it royally screws up youth intakes in FM. I've reported it a few times, but it's apparently the closest reflection possible of real life. So I suggest only using teams with it's own youth team for this challenge.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

It's how Iceland is in real life. Several teams share youth teams and it royally screws up youth intakes in FM. I've reported it a few times, but it's apparently the closest reflection possible of real life. So I suggest only using teams with it's own youth team for this challenge.

I do seem to have a 2nd team, so thats good right?