The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sn00gle said:

Can someone help me I can't find in new FM how you can see the list of the new intake exept this KEKW

image.thumb.png.cc1e9c02f418692db8619c94655a8541.png

I pick mine from the squad screen. I just use the filter to show only the youth candidate team.

20 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Double checking so I don't make a mistake. I can't accept the loan back, right?

Correct, no loans. You can set the transfer date to the end of the season, in order to keep him as long as possible. That's what I try to when I have to sell someone I want to keep.

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Correct, no loans. You can set the transfer date to the end of the season, in order to keep him as long as possible. That's what I try to when I have to sell someone I want to keep.

Yeah, it was a release clause being activated, so I had no control over that sadly.

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

Yeah, it was a release clause being activated, so I had no control over that sadly.

Yeah, then you are out of luck. Unless you have a contract extension clause, that seems to counteract release clauses, at least I think it did for me once.

My time in Switzerland has come to an end as the board decided they were tired of barely finishing above the relegation zone and sacked me. I had high hopes for that save, but oh well, time to go again.

VFR Wormatia Worms Season 1 (2022/23)

spacer.png

My second go at it brings me to  Southwest Germany and to VFR Wormatia Worms. Founded in 1908, the club has only been as high as the 2. Bundesliga, most recently in 1981. We start in the German Regional Division Southwest, the fourth tier of German football.

Starting Squad

1885713869_StartingSquad.png.99598ca63edc7c80efac7faab20b8f2a.png

Not a bad starting squad, albeit a bit thin in some areas. A few of our players are apparently good enough for the 3rd division, so we we'll have to lean on them. I fell this is a good point to build from and I think we can have a pretty decent season.

Final League Table

1972288069_FinalTable.png.4cd6558694fdc589149a5d6dee314fb4.png

This was an incredible year for us. Originally predicted to finish 13th, 5th is way higher than I thought was possible. We found ourselves playing a positive, attacking tactic and scored goals for fun at some points. However Elversberg were far superior to any other team in the division. With them promoted and only a 5 point difference between 2-5, I think we can really challenge for the title next year.

Intake Preview

For our first intake I'd say this is pretty good. A pretty good distribution of positions is nice.

Youth Intake

Intake.png.06fa52353286ef04544f7600a8e29d62.png

I wasn't expecting to get players who could immediately compete for starting spots, but this isn't a bad first intake. Some decent potential players and good personalities are nice to see. A good distribution of nations is always welcome too. Not all players from this intake were signed.

Hüseyin YılmazJake Walton - Manuel AlmsickPauli Kivimäki

We added 8 countries in this years' intake.

Countries: 8/227 (3.52%) - Intake Map

Conclusion

I feel this was a very good start to my save with Die Bachbutzer. Unfortunately I wasn't able to convince the board of any upgrades. We started the season at almost $1m in the bank, but now find ourselves almost $400k in the red. Therefore getting promoted as fast as we can is important, and I feel we have a real good shot at it next season.

image.png.02779dbb417da5c26f7294f9eb24c44d.png

Beira-Mar – Season 12 – 2033/34 Our First Top-Flight Games

20661412_ResultsBetweenJuly-August.png.6d07b6d2b47c660a427a82967d35703f.png

The season we were told to expect was nothing but doom and gloom, so when we only got knocked out of the Allianz Cup by Tondela at home after conceding a late equaliser, and then managed to steal a point away from home at a tycoon-backed Tondela when we got battered, I knew that we could be doing really well. But our biggest result so far was getting a last-gasp winner at him to Vizela, who have in past 13 seasons been fighting for Europe. Things could not have gone any better for us

2097629200_TableAfter2Games.png.26cfa7f7051532ea1e49a74435bb6800.png

If you had told me that after 2 matches I would be 4 points clear of the relegation zone already, I would have taken that with glee. It gives me hope that we can actually be competitive in the top-flight against some of the not so strong teams. We just need to make sure that against the weaker teams we pick up points, and hope that against the likes of Sporting CP, Porto, Benfica and league champions Braga we can steal some points.

If you want to see how we managed to have such a great start to the league season, my latest video shows you our performances.

JLAB's YAC with Beira-Mar Part 74

image.png.8daf06be9e79f25973a2dde45feaec6d.png

Beira-Mar – Season 12 – 2033/34

414099408_ResultsBetweenAugust-October.png.872129870255b390536bcbacd292a1f3.png

Our great start to the season made the next two 6 games feel like I was crashing back down to earth again. I had expected this after we were told that we would be playing Porto, Benfica and then Braga in consecutive matches, but it didn't make the run of for feel any better. So when we suddenly went to Gil Vicente and smashed them 4-1, it was a shock even to me.

374051146_TableAfter9Games.png.ef74e2331b289087a97a336743102c8a.png

With just 2 wins so far this season, it's not been the best start to the season, but it was still better than I had been prepared for. Sitting 5 points clear of both the relegation and the relegation playoff zones, we had created a gap for ourselves and it was a nice feeling to know that as long as we didn't lose 5-6 games in a row, we could survive.

As to how we ended up changing things around? My latest video reveals all. Can we pull of the upset and survive this season?

JLAB's YAC with Beira-Mar Part 75

XqKDXoi.jpg

2029 Midseason Review:

L3zfbHq.png

Really managed to settle in even with having to rotate around with the Sudamericana. Top 4 finish isn't impossible, but I suspect will drop into the 5-8 range and spend another year in Sudamericana. 

9d6DH7D.png

A marked improvement from the previous year. Against VDG we lost 1-0 at home and gave up a late goal on road to draw 1-1. A little unfortunate and that ended our shot at winning the group. Rotated out the last game since it didn't mean anything and wound up with a draw. Definitely pointing in the right direction.

rpBJTbv.png

prize from from Sudamericana and a Saudi team coming out of the blue to hit a release clause gave me the funds for an upgrade.

2029 Youth Intake Preview:

i6wtqN3.png

I keep getting strong strikers, which I'll never complain about, and solid goalies. I could really use the GK to come up as a wonderkid. Above average goalkeeper puts us into title contention.