The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for more of a challenge domestically.

Club Introduction

Brickfield Rangers

Brickfield Rangers Football Club

The Manager

This is me.

XghPV2i.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                         Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                   Position     JD Welsh Cup     Nathaniel MG Cup                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

zIcnY8W.png

2027/28 Midseason Review:

UC4Kfpf.png

A little bit of a sluggish start, but the team has been playing better. As I feared with the retiring striker goals were slow to come by, but a few youth players are starting to make more progress with more playing time thankfully. Barring a collapse of form I'm hoping to keep progressing and finish in playoff spot.

Youth Intake Preview:

DdKZdjz.png

Could use a good Centerback, so hopefully if there's a standout player it's as predicted.

zIcnY8W.png

2027/28 Season Review:

yUtwihj.png

vZCeD8J.png

Second half didn't go as strong as I had hoped. The good thing is the youth players were improving attributes. I am a little worried about treading water as the team is broke, and cannot improve training or hire more coaches etc. 

Youth Intake:

VCWepHW.png

bfrMFLo.png

Another good intake, but most are still a way off from first team.

2028/29 Season Preview:

md6bQ6n.png

PLPq7PR.png

aTgol8l.pngmelMogN.pnggSScRwk.png

Unless the players take a major leap forward, or backwards, I suspect another mid table finish. 

@libbyshuss Maybe it has something to do with Italy itself? At this moment im playing the season 2048-2049 with S.S. Arezzo. We have been a top 4 team in the Serie A for about 7/8 years now. Everything maxed out, almost best HOYD and other staff there is and all the intakes are ****. Trough the years the best intake had a 140 PA defender in it. To this day the highest PA we had. Last 5 years intakes didnt get above the 118 PA. Thats mad if u think about it. 

CE2wf7L.png

6Ir4mf4.png

Got bored with my England save so going somewhere I've never tried, Croatia. 

ZL0G5Gy.png

Facilities and stadium are nothing special, but the big thing for me is a professional club. 

2022/23 Season Preview:

uYi71RT.png

fjEHiZU.png

CdlZkRV.pngI3BnSOf.png

Start off with a pretty decent squad for the tactics I generally play. The only real concern I have are the two keepers are 33 & 34, so it's more of a long term issue than a short term. I don't know anything about the league or competition, but based on media not picking us to get relegated I think we'll be safe.

29 minutos atrás, Daddy disse:

CE2wf7L.png

6Ir4mf4.png

Got bored with my England save so going somewhere I've never tried, Croatia. 

ZL0G5Gy.png

Facilities and stadium are nothing special, but the big thing for me is a professional club. 

2022/23 Season Preview:

uYi71RT.png

fjEHiZU.png

CdlZkRV.pngI3BnSOf.png

Start off with a pretty decent squad for the tactics I generally play. The only real concern I have are the two keepers are 33 & 34, so it's more of a long term issue than a short term. I don't know anything about the league or competition, but based on media not picking us to get relegated I think we'll be safe.

Good luck. The only issue in Croatia is that you have to wait until your players turn 17 in order to play. And you have some min of under 21 players in the match squad.

Edited by The7Striker

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Good luck. The only issue in Croatia is that you have to wait until your players turn 17 in order to play. And you have some min of under 21 players in the match squad.

that is pretty tricky. I didn't even look at that. Well, I'll deal with it as comes lol.

1 minuto atrás, Daddy disse:

that is pretty tricky. I didn't even look at that. Well, I'll deal with it as comes lol.

In Split I had 2 rough seasons but once the players turn 17 and with some depth, things start to improve.

31 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Computer just blew up!  (Right after a 1-0 win).  It is in repairs so no updates from me until I get my PC back.

Ouch! I know the feel! Hopefully it won't be too expensive!

Afternoon chaps - thinking of starting my annual go of this challenge; unfortunately the situation in Russia means I can't be Chertanovo which is a shame, but if anybody has any recommendations for similar eligible clubs with good youth academy facilities from the start, I'm all ears. 

Also - I've been hearing from friends playing the game that actually developing young player attributes is significantly harder this year. Is that true? If so, does anybody have any advice for dealing with that - things like youth team training schedules for example? I was gonna go and download some RDF training schedules but if anyone has any other suggestions they are much appreciated!

33 minutos atrás, Tilling disse:

Afternoon chaps - thinking of starting my annual go of this challenge; unfortunately the situation in Russia means I can't be Chertanovo which is a shame, but if anybody has any recommendations for similar eligible clubs with good youth academy facilities from the start, I'm all ears. 

Also - I've been hearing from friends playing the game that actually developing young player attributes is significantly harder this year. Is that true? If so, does anybody have any advice for dealing with that - things like youth team training schedules for example? I was gonna go and download some RDF training schedules but if anyone has any other suggestions they are much appreciated!

I think every nation was at least one club similar to that. Depends which nations do you want to try. Top 5 leagues have some decent clubs.

About the development, other lads can speak better about it.

I let my AM do the general one and I only change if I need it.

Edited by The7Striker

1 hour ago, The7Striker said:

I've been hearing from friends playing the game that actually developing young player attributes is significantly harder this year.

it's definitely true at lower levels. If you have poor training facilities/coaches they'll never improve in the reserves. Loans is the way to go then.

Once your facilities improve I've definitely noticed players improving in the youth/reserve teams a bit more like they used to

I guess it's a bit more realistic in that sense

8 hours ago, Elsjorro said:

Maybe it has something to do with Italy itself? At this moment im playing the season 2048-2049 with S.S. Arezzo. We have been a top 4 team in the Serie A for about 7/8 years now. Everything maxed out, almost best HOYD and other staff there is and all the intakes are ****. Trough the years the best intake had a 140 PA defender in it. To this day the highest PA we had. Last 5 years intakes didnt get above the 118 PA. Thats mad if u think about it. 

oh that doesn't sound good! And that is mad as well. I've definitely noticed that Italy is far harder than any other country I've played in, including Belgium and Denmark. I'll give it another few seasons, see if anything happens then maybe sack it in. Your experience doesn't fill me with much optimism!

CE2wf7L.png

2022/23 Midseason Review:

H2A4ymR.png

Going much better than expected. I'm losing my best striker though, he won't resign so I cashed out for what little I could get. Normally in these situations I wouldn't root for the immediate promotion because I think we'll get hammered. However, with only one team getting relegated I'm a little more hopeful than other leagues we could stay up. I'm also hoping there's some money to be made in the first league because I'm bleeding money right now.

2023 Youth Intake Preview:

UWspshv.png

I'm just glad to be getting a Keeper in general. Hopefully he comes in better than projected here as one of the two I have is leaving and the other is 34. 

15 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

oh that doesn't sound good! And that is mad as well. I've definitely noticed that Italy is far harder than any other country I've played in, including Belgium and Denmark. I'll give it another few seasons, see if anything happens then maybe sack it in. Your experience doesn't fill me with much optimism!

Yeah its pretty weird to be honest. I completed this challenge in the Netherands and in England in FM21 and i guess the first real stars came trough about 10/11 seasons in. Even Iceland, where i made an attempt with Haukar, i got better players in my 4th season then i ever had in the whole game with Arezzo. There has to be something going on there. It can't be right. 

CE2wf7L.png

2022/23 Season Review:

2aPYSMz.png

This one really stings. Had a significant lead with 5 games left and the team just fell apart. The tricky squad rules combined with losing key players to injuries killed us. Lost four of the last five games 1-0 each. Really wanted the promotion for hopes of finances being better in the first division. Team lost a million dollars.

nPWIZLB.png

RqMK4OW.png

Polic was one of the players missed down the end of the season. 3 month hip injury. 

OXgX13r.png

Here's the side effect of losing all that money.

2023 Youth Intake:

jas8fyv.png

oznXyKa.png

Real nice intake, especially getting a keeper. My only keeper left is 35 and missed 10 weeks last season. I need him to hold on until the youth player turns 17. 

2023/24 Season Preview:

4gVkaWf.png

iX6Io6N.png

RKXBqgf.pnglV61SRS.png

Little unsure for this upcoming season. Only lost one player, the backup keeper, but he saw a decent amount of time last season. With the team losing so much money there'll be no upgrades any time soon. That all said if it wasn't for an injury crisis at the end of the season this squad would have won the league, so I don't think the team will suddenly do poorly. 

42 minutos atrás, WhiteCat33 disse:

image.png.0e14b145358536d74fb7bd8bccdc9bc6.png

Nogometni Klub Pobrezje: 2052/53 – Slovenian 1st Liga (Season 29)

image.png.c0d8193a31fb2d91b8db61118ab4eb20.png

Performance

After the train wreck of the second half of last season in the lower leagues of England I decided I wanted to enjoy another run at Slovenia, even if SI has yet to fix my Youth Facilities Bug. And what do you know, we won our Second Euro Cup in 3 Years! And it was absolutely deserved. We are having internet issues here atm so I'll just be uploading a bare-bones update that I'll go back and add more images to when I'm not using cellular. 

European Champions Cup: 

As you can se we got a brutal group draw here: PSG, Man United & BMG. The fact we were able to draw PSG 0-0 is astounding as we are no where near Man U's quality. 

image.png.0a7788d83f53582330d621dde3483426.png

Euro Cup:

Our knockout draws were more favorable here as we avoided Totenham, AC Millan & Rangers completely and saved Marseille for the final. In our last successful EC run we had OM in the knockouts and recorded two 1-1 draws and required a shootout to go on top. Here we did it with a blitz early goal lead and a confident defensive performance to see out the game.

image.png.64009bd75567d1ff5379294f79bec187.png

Squad

image.png.8fccd21f20f8ef389b95082a4d1b3d77.png

Transfer

Just let people go, nothing exciting here [thankfully!] I only have 1 player left who has a fee-release clause, so hopefully that will keep the bad surprises away.

Youth Academy

YI Preview

image.png.f2bb701f495307d73522be2bd53b184f.png

Youth Intake

image.png.70534e88520b934bf8e93a27ecf4588d.png

Another AML in the pipeline with awesome Driven personality, but honestly the mentals are disappointing

image.png.19fcf7dbe52ba5aa3a94b5bf0c21747f.png

An either Footed Striker, who sadly is very slow

image.png.8be85c84423b5d99aba0d1130c7e12a4.png

And then we are 2 for 2 seasons with an Uruguayan in our intake, though I don’t have faith he will ever be good enough for our first team

image.png.173a1f13230673b31d856c5ecc28c574.png

Full Intake Squad

image.png.c9595f405ab94dabd8f8c8e641ffdbe7.png

Club Facilities

Game is still bugged and have yet to get an option to upgrade youth faciltiies. We finished a stadium expansion and its up to 11k now. And we re-upped Training Facilities to State-of-the-Art after they degraded due to technology.

Excel

Will add with edit later

Manager Thoughts

I hate this bug because this team is absolutely rolling! As you can see from my Youth Intakes I will need perfect development for them to really keep the quality of the squad up. Its really sad that while I probably can keep winning Euro Cups, this is probably the ceiling for the club. I'm not sure I want to keep the slog of England Lower-Leagues going, so I may be on the hunt for a new league to try out. 

Congrats on that Euro Cup :D and good luck on your next challenge. Any ideas ? 

19 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Congrats on that Euro Cup :D and good luck on your next challenge. Any ideas ? 

Thanks! It was a fun season to play. Honestly not sure where next. Probably a second tier country with just 2-3 leagues playable. My laptop isn't the greatest so I noticed how much faster this Slovenian save played compared to the depths of england 😅 

One thought i had was Isreal as I've never played there. 

1 minuto atrás, WhiteCat33 disse:

Thanks! It was a fun season to play. Honestly not sure where next. Probably a second tier country with just 2-3 leagues playable. My laptop isn't the greatest so I noticed how much faster this Slovenian save played compared to the depths of england 😅 

One thought i had was Isreal as I've never played there. 

Looks like a fun nation to try out. Some decent clubs and always fun to try a new challenge.

1 minute ago, The7Striker said:

Looks like a fun nation to try out. Some decent clubs and always fun to try a new challenge.

That's my thought as well. My one requirement for my next try is I want a club that has its youth team in a league. Neither my Belgium playthrough or Slovenia had their youth team playing real matches which I dislike. I want my kids to win championships!

League Reset for Israel is 6/20 ; Pretty sure if you want different teams you'll have to save before 5/24 as that's when the last playoff games happen (but I could be wrong on that)

Club

image.thumb.png.e51738d3ecb360088e7cb8378ebabb9f.png

It actually starts with a solid setup considering its Professional & has Below Average Facilities. 

image.png.827312a9da2a1f02da8423c07ae5b49e.png

Squad

image.thumb.png.63bf9df5720f2a6c2c6dab8f42223688.png

We will see how many of these I can resign for next season!

Proof Promoted

image.thumb.png.21f3963bfc7af18676ff55c9e0f30a04.png

Manager

image.thumb.png.e72cff8ddcf4502a21effea3d3000348.png

Let the fun begin!!

image.png

CE2wf7L.png

2023/24 Midseason Review:

H4j1jdt.png

Rudes was relegated two seasons ago and won the third league last season and were running away with the league early on. They have started dropping points and we started picking them up. I'm not sure if getting back to first division gets us back to professional or not, but I'm really hoping that's the case and am pushing as hard as possible to win the league. A couple young players hitting 17 which is enough where I do not think I'll have to start any gray players. 

2024 Youth Intake Preview:

L1iNFne.png

Another strong looking preview. Not really too many holes in the squad, but some players starting to get near retirement.

The big question over everything right now is half my roster has expiring contracts and none will sign new part time contracts right now. My hopes are closer to expiration they will, but if I lose all my starters and the youth players won't fill out enough over 17 players that'll probably be it. Will cross that when I get there.

14 hours ago, Daddy said:

image.png.9b09733c514629bf99dd55e485e07539.png

This is going to be a problem with going from professional to semi. All my players are full time contracts, and none are going to want to go part time. 

it finally let me offer contracts, but maxed my offers at $350 a year which obviously no one is accepting and other teams, now within six months, are poaching everyone. Pulling the plug. Shame since I actually liked the players. I'll try something new soon.

I have a quick question. I want to start a youth only challenge with a team in Slovakia. I Holidayed to the 29th of June as recommended but the club arranged 25 future deals that I obviously can't cancel as those deals have al been confirmed for 1/7/2022. Is it allowed for me to use those 25 players, or Do I have to put them into the reserves?

3 horas atrás, Daddy disse:

it finally let me offer contracts, but maxed my offers at $350 a year which obviously no one is accepting and other teams, now within six months, are poaching everyone. Pulling the plug. Shame since I actually liked the players. I'll try something new soon.

Thats a shame :(

45 minutos atrás, ALJskills disse:

I have a quick question. I want to start a youth only challenge with a team in Slovakia. I Holidayed to the 29th of June as recommended but the club arranged 25 future deals that I obviously can't cancel as those deals have al been confirmed for 1/7/2022. Is it allowed for me to use those 25 players, or Do I have to put them into the reserves?

The rule is : "if your board sign players for you and you can't cancel the deal these players can not be used, they must be sold ASAP, you should also post a screenshot in here when they've been signed so that we know they've been given to you"

Edited by The7Striker

Had a couple of bites of this challenge this year, and it hasn't stuck, but I'm giving it a go with Alemannia Aachen in Germany. Just gotta get through the first few seasons until the team starts getting replaced with the newgens which is when I feel it really kicks off.

Got a good 23 year old striker I reckon we can build around and a generally solid first XI. Might be able to go up this season, not sure, haven't managed in Germany since CM01/02.

On 19/04/2022 at 19:32, The7Striker said:

I think every nation was at least one club similar to that. Depends which nations do you want to try. Top 5 leagues have some decent clubs.

About the development, other lads can speak better about it.

I let my AM do the general one and I only change if I need it.

Cheers - I'm having trouble really finding one that would be eligible for this thread unfortunately - most of the ones I've found (say Belenenses for example) are already in playable leagues for example. Though I might just cave on that front anyway to be honest! R.W. Essen are an interesting one in Germany, seem to be the best option if you wanted to do it there - the only real prerequisite I have though is that the youth rating is good and the facilities + added bits are above say 10 out of 20.

9 hours ago, Daddy said:

You can join me in Israel! From what I can tell all the clubs in the Liga Leumit (Second Tier) are all Professional and over half in Liga Alef (3rd tier) are as well. Now to see if we can keep the club solvent and not face your situation. I have to say this is the first save I've used the League Fix database so I don't know what the vanilla Israeli leagues are like, but here I got a fun mini pre-season regional tourney to play and my U-19's are in a league!! 

13 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

You can join me in Israel! From what I can tell all the clubs in the Liga Leumit (Second Tier) are all Professional and over half in Liga Alef (3rd tier) are as well. Now to see if we can keep the club solvent and not face your situation. I have to say this is the first save I've used the League Fix database so I don't know what the vanilla Israeli leagues are like, but here I got a fun mini pre-season regional tourney to play and my U-19's are in a league!! 

sounds like a good idea. I'll have something in the morning!