[FM23] Light Skin Issues

Alexpuk2002

Every year I create my own personal skin from using panels from other skins and adjusting them to fit my laptop resolution. I usually create a dark and light version of the same skin as I like to switch between both while playing. Since SI stopped creating a light skin themselves this has become difficult to create as there is usually some white text that can't be edited (or at least isn't easy to edit). This year seems to be more difficult as there are more areas that show white text now which wasn't an issue in FM22 or previous versions. Below are the screens that contain white text that I have come across so far. If anyone know the xml file that controls these and how to change the text (I have tried on the finance part of the home screen but the file is full of code that is not easy to distinguish what controls what part).

2133681127_Screenshot2022-11-30at14_06.05-min.thumb.png.5f6c08ea997007d68fb394dad8c66201.png

1164860021_Screenshot2022-11-30at14_06.40-min.thumb.png.9b2a07fe135a2c3d0e20e112361cc285.png

471005381_Screenshot2022-11-30at14_07_07-min.thumb.png.b67a38b579e19871683bd37fa9345277.png

74149042_Screenshot2022-11-30at14_07.53-min.thumb.png.497c4d2585dd61c72fd23668d622b078.png

This works within the graph widget for finances (club/finance history.xml)

<record id="x_axis">
  <record id="label_font" colour="faded text"/>
</record>
<record id="y_axis">
  <record id="label_font" colour="faded text"/>
</record>

image.png.786dcbeead5b2f87e2e502119d8061c8.png

52 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Also what file controls this? There are a couple of places where the text is white, mainly the player name on the left and the text in the main part.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 20.17.45.png

I'm not exactly sure on the coaching comparison graphs (I'd removed them from mine because I've gone attributeless) but they might be the relevant file might be referenced in team staff subteam vertical.xml.  The quoted panel is news_item_panels/inbox content with player of the day news

I don't know if something has changed for you, but after the last damn update, some widgets stopped responding to the color="colour" instruction. in several places I had to change the container type to main_subtle_box (I don't understand why there are so many) to get an acceptable look. it's just terrible, every year the standard skin gets worse and harder to change.:mad:

21 hours ago, GIMN said:

I'm not exactly sure on the coaching comparison graphs (I'd removed them from mine because I've gone attributeless) but they might be the relevant file might be referenced in team staff subteam vertical.xml.  The quoted panel is news_item_panels/inbox content with player of the day news

Thanks for that @GIMN I have managed to sort the white text

What panels control the Transfer Deadline Day when you click on the Take Part button? 

I have transferred my skin over from FM22 which is a light skin and when I click the Take Part button on Transfer Deadline Day the game crashes. This doesn't happen on the dark skin I created from the FM23 Base skin that @bluestillidie00 created, so I know it is definitely to do with my light skin transferred from FM22. I am think it may be an old xml file that is the issue and is causing the game to crash. I can upload the skin for anyone to take a look at if that helps

31 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

What panels control the Transfer Deadline Day when you click on the Take Part button? 

I have transferred my skin over from FM22 which is a light skin and when I click the Take Part button on Transfer Deadline Day the game crashes. This doesn't happen on the dark skin I created from the FM23 Base skin that @bluestillidie00 created, so I know it is definitely to do with my light skin transferred from FM22. I am think it may be an old xml file that is the issue and is causing the game to crash. I can upload the skin for anyone to take a look at if that helps

honestly mate, easiest way to do it, make a backup save, and a backup of your skin, and just delete files and reload your skin until it works. Start with fonts, then graphics, then panels, when something stops crashing the game, then delete client_object, then club and so on. 

That's how I troubleshoot crashes anyway. My initial thoughts feel like it might be something in the titlebar.xml or client object browser 

28 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

honestly mate, easiest way to do it, make a backup save, and a backup of your skin, and just delete files and reload your skin until it works. Start with fonts, then graphics, then panels, when something stops crashing the game, then delete client_object, then club and so on. 

That's how I troubleshoot crashes anyway. My initial thoughts feel like it might be something in the titlebar.xml or client object browser 

I have had a play around with it and it seems to be to do with the "deadline day" colour settings in the settings.xml file. I have taken the settings from another light skin and had no issues with the skin, when I change the colour values to what they were then it crashes again

1 hour ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I have had a play around with it and it seems to be to do with the "deadline day" colour settings in the settings.xml file. I have taken the settings from another light skin and had no issues with the skin, when I change the colour values to what they were then it crashes again

i know @michaeltmurrayukmentioned somewhere that editing any of the deadline day files crashed everything last here

58 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i know @michaeltmurrayukmentioned somewhere that editing any of the deadline day files crashed everything last here

I have managed to sort the game crashing issue, which was down to the deadline day colour settings.

I am wondering though as I have set the colours to what they were in FM22, is there a way to change the colour of the text and background of buttons in the titlebar for the transfer deadline day? And also the text in the inbox that is shown in the red box?

If i change the "deadline day bg" value in settings then it does what I want, but it also changed the box colour where the news text is (currently the white box in the middle of the page) and makes the inbox text difficult to read.

2081485141_Screenshot2022-12-06at20_06_32.thumb.png.1f373737b241c16eaf6d43a7241369e4.png

4 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anyone know which file controls the titlebar on this screen? I have tried the match day header panel.xml but it doesnt seem to control this screen.

943788182_Screenshot2022-12-10at20_27_40.thumb.png.1119ef6fe834ba584e0ba76f284bcafa.png

Should be match day header, you have to reload the skin on this panel i think

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2022 at 18:36, samrnpage said:

I'd love to use this light Skin, light skins are getting very rare! Is there anyway you could share the file? :D

The light skin is nowhere near complete as there is a lot more screens where there is white text, and also as pointed out above the Transfer Deadline Day section isn't right with the light skin

It is getting harder and harder to get the light skin to work. SI seem to have abandoned the light skin in favour of just having the one purple skin. I haven't played the game too much as I have been trying to get the light skin to be workable but I have lost the patience with it and not done too much like in previous years.

The skin that I have been editing and that is shown in the pics above is a mixture of the TCS skin from FM22 by @bluestillidie00, Tato22 by @Wozzie and a few other skins that I cannot remember, so all praise needs to go to them

1 hour ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

It is getting harder and harder to get the light skin to work. SI seem to have abandoned the light skin in favour of just having the one purple skin. I haven't played the game too much as I have been trying to get the light skin to be workable but I have lost the patience with it and not done too much like in previous years.

man, don't lose faith in yourself :D all the more so @GIMN solved the three biggest problems - signatures on the graphs, code of conduct and signatures to the pie chart. I was also angry for a long time about the innovations in fm23, but now, despite some bugs, my light skin looks as cool as any light skin from SI has never looked (I think modesty is inappropriate if more than 1000 files have been changed) :D

Does anyone know what controls either the colour of the text or the colour of the background for the recruitment meeting in the calendar? I have put a red box around what I mean. I'd like to either change the text to white or the box to a lighter colour so the text is more visable.

1425991094_Screenshot2022-12-30at16_43_26.thumb.png.65818a0afadd69740e12ebcc668d9c4a.png

23 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

I'm still very bad at remembering panel names. when I need to change something, in 9 cases out of 10 I start searching from the beginning

I'm the same, I've found that the colour of the boxes in the blue box is controlled by the Picking colours in the settings.xml file, but no idea what controls the text colour

12 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anyone know what controls the white text in this screen? Tried to find the xml file but cant see what controls the white text.

719987345_Screenshot2023-01-01at22_38_34.thumb.png.87aacb6ec89a8ce3d8e11ca6822cb155.png

I don't remember the name of the panel, but I want to draw attention to the deadline day banner during the deadline day. they are different for english and other languages. they seem to be different even for american and british english. and it will have to be corrected twice :D

On 01/01/2023 at 22:40, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anyone know what controls the white text in this screen? Tried to find the xml file but cant see what controls the white text.

719987345_Screenshot2023-01-01at22_38_34.thumb.png.87aacb6ec89a8ce3d8e11ca6822cb155.png

Not 100%, but I expect it will be either widgets/recruitment meeting TDD invite.xml or news_item_panels/inbox content with recruitment meeting invite.xml

7 hours ago, GIMN said:

Not 100%, but I expect it will be either widgets/recruitment meeting TDD invite.xml or news_item_panels/inbox content with recruitment meeting invite.xml

I have had a look at both those files and the widgets/recruitment meeting TDD invite.xml file controls the section that has the transfer deadline day log in it and the budgets. The news_item_panels/inbox content with recruitment meeting invite.xml controls the In Attendance and Meeting Agenda section. Neither of them seem to control the white text above it or the club logo next to it.