The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

Is anyone finding player's moaning all the time about training because it is a part time schedule?

Struggling early in my save with this, is it a case of just doing general overall training along with physical training every week?

Edited by Skora11

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2575.png.33d7edf17509e53baf53c704bf47c22b.png

IFK Lidingö
Youth intake season 6 | 2029

Our sixth season, and so our sixth intake. We had a better preview then last season, so I had higher hopes about this intake. And the actual intake didn't dissapoint! We got 5 Elite Talents. And all 5 are really good talents! I'm happy with GK Augustinsson 29a, as I just sold my first GK to Feyenoord(see below). He's a bit short for a GK, but he looks really talented. The same can be said about Sigemo 29c and Isesund 29d. Both will go directly to our first team. So yeah, a very nice intake!

A1LfIMT.jpg

lOTJks8.png

TGM56Yw.jpg

Spoiler

Uyf1NlP.jpgnIvHM6J.jpgUpitvWP.jpgbdfkhVO.jpgPBEHavS.jpg

As I said above, I sold my best GK to Feyenoord for €2,5M. A very big transfer for us, and also for Rodríguez 25a. I rejected a lot of offers for him. But when Feyenoord came, I just couldn't reject the offer. They offered €1M at first, and I was able to negotiate it to (max) €2,5M.

HB0JlBH.jpg

DJ1wbD9.png

@XaW - How'd you get that, when my Japanese intake was max 3 * PA and 0.5* CA. Life is not fair....FM is not fair....but I love it!!

I am sooooo jealous right now! Hope you get them all on 3 year contracts with +3 optional :)

Edited by glennuk

Question for those who have played this challenge for a long time : is a "loan back clause" accepted ? I have a player that has been linked with MU & Bayern during the winter mercato and he obviously wants to go but I need him to finish the season. I have managed to include a loan back clause, technically speaking it is as if he was going to sign at the end of the season. Can I do that or is this considered an incoming transfer ?

I have saved before agreeing to the proposal, just wanted to get your opinions on this please.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Gonner said:

Question for those who have played this challenge for a long time : is a "loan back clause" accepted ? I have a player that has been linked with MU & Bayern during the winter mercato and he obviously wants to go but I need him to finish the season. I have managed to include a loan back clause, technically speaking it is as if he was going to sign at the end of the season. Can I do that or is this considered an incoming transfer ?

I have saved before agreeing to the proposal, just wanted to get your opinions on this please.

Thanks.

Sadly it's not accepted for this save. It's heartbreaking when a club offers the loan back and you have to decline, but it's the rules.

The only way to get them to leave at the end of the season is negotiating it directly in the bid at the transfer date, but it's always hard to push that to the buying clubs.

Edited by BustaRaymes

RealJanLogo.png.9433f2f76c4116d9486396d918ba933f.png

Real Jaén - Season 2 - Winter Break and Surprise Promotion Challenge?

ResultsAugust-December.png.75fb3250833499d090e6edc66b82702f.png

Sometimes, things start going so well for you that you can't stop playing. This was the case for me during my 2nd season at Real Jaén when we were suddenly not feeling like a side struggling for life in the Segunda Federación Grupo IV. We were enjoying a great start to life in the 4th tier of Spanish football, where we went unbeaten for the first time in the first two months of the season. We did suffer defeats, but the teams that beat us were also fighting for promotion.

Leagueafter18games.png.09b358ce348aa2f85c567c321f363992.png

Last year, I looked over my shoulder, nervously looking towards the relegation zone, but this year, we find ourselves in an unlikely battle for promotion. I don't expect us to keep this challenge up, but hopefully, it is a sign of good things.

YouthIntakePreview.png.a5f3ceec7882ae70c6dc897c0b43a9cd.png

Unfortunately, the same can not be said for our youth intake preview. While we're being told that it is an excellent intake, the grades that I was given tell me otherwise. If we get a good youth intake, I will be pleasantly surprised.

If you want to see the goals that we managed to score, then feel free to watch the video linked below. I even introduce you to my set-piece coach, who is currently being poached by a team in the league above us.

YAC - Real Jaén - Part 7

Edited by JLAB

4 minutes ago, TCH said:

What an intake! Would love to see those attributes!

It's coming up in the update I'm about to start writing. At least for the two best ones! ;) 

2 minutes ago, Ikthop said:

@XaW and @Makoto Nakamura, those are some awesome intakes. :eek:What did you guys do in terms of first contract with the best prospects of the intake? Youth contract first, straight into pro contract, or something else?

I think it's due to the fact that they club has approved a lot of the youth coaching and youth recruitment while we still have a squad mostly rated as decent for the tier below us. The best players in that intake is still only rated as "decent" for the league I play in. So they are certainly talents, but it's got more to do with the fact that I have really poor players already at the club! :D 

1 hour ago, Ikthop said:

@XaW and @Makoto Nakamura, those are some awesome intakes. :eek: What did you guys do in terms of first contract with the best prospects of the intake? Youth contract first, straight into pro contract, or something else?

1 hour ago, XaW said:

It's coming up in the update I'm about to start writing. At least for the two best ones! ;) 

I think it's due to the fact that they club has approved a lot of the youth coaching and youth recruitment while we still have a squad mostly rated as decent for the tier below us. The best players in that intake is still only rated as "decent" for the league I play in. So they are certainly talents, but it's got more to do with the fact that I have really poor players already at the club! :D 

Agree with XaW here, those with 4* CA are rated good enough for the level I'm at, 3* CA is a Third Division (4th tier) level player.

4 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Agree with XaW here, those with 4* CA are rated good enough for the level I'm at, 3* CA is a Third Division (4th tier) level player.

That's the trick, have extremely poor players, it helps with the intake! :D 

Just got a takeover. On the positive side, they invested £2.5 mill in the club.

image.png.2477c5d2648c45881edf2554474109b5.png

But on the other hand, the new board is also buying two players. What are the rules here?

They are put into the reserves when they arrive and sold as fast as possible?

image.thumb.png.12f414672570b34c7f7e4d0b11189ea2.png

4 minutes ago, fries said:

Just got a takeover. On the positive side, they invested £2.5 mill in the club.

image.png.2477c5d2648c45881edf2554474109b5.png

But on the other hand, the new board is also buying two players. What are the rules here?

They are put into the reserves when they arrive and sold as fast as possible?

image.thumb.png.12f414672570b34c7f7e4d0b11189ea2.png

I've been able to cancel a transfer the board have tried to do before on a past FM. I think I just went to the player and either went to Contract or Transfer and could back out of the contract offer/transfer offer.

9083e76ce2857fc4c5705305bc43a38c.png

2029/30 End of Season Review

4a4008b081468412163c653a91e6a74f.png

a5b0c1586fe87b6c55be76d6a8b7a945.png

Phew, we managed to turn form around right at the very end to solidify our 8th place, smack bang in the middle finish.

e654f90b54a7177c89019f3c1895f431.png

a823b52f6eb94901cd75c10cd83a322e.png

99e2ecd2d657c2ee9718babdf8401303.png

54e78940dbf599b54a384473ff989a25.png

f06c61a27c0989e218b2233eba87bcad.png

21b6afb8c5ebe4c9f561e95920f97c62.png

Overall Best XI

6bab4ac52a62466dceb6c6dd26708033.png

2029/30 Best XI

050a7cbebab1f29a4baef8af46ab7a9f.png

Majed Al-Shammari (YP5d)

Mohamed Al-Ali (YP3d) - Yahya Al-Harbi (YP5f) - Abdulrahman Al-Ghamdi (YP3h)

Saud Al-Shehri (YP4a) - Majid Al-Qumaizi - Khaled Al-Dawsari (YP2a) - Saad Al-Mansour (YP5p)

Abdulmajeed Al-Nakhli (YP2m) - Yazeed Al-Qahtani (YP5h) - Majid Al-Shammari (YP5g)

e31828900221597f05fb0c7f095456bc.png

Il y a 7 heures, BustaRaymes a dit :

Sadly it's not accepted for this save. It's heartbreaking when a club offers the loan back and you have to decline, but it's the rules.

The only way to get them to leave at the end of the season is negotiating it directly in the bid at the transfer date, but it's always hard to push that to the buying clubs.

Thank you. I will reload my save from my monthly auto-save that dates back from end of December. Good thing is that it will not change any competitive result, good thing about not having any game to play between December & mid-February anyway :lol:

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

Mid Season Update/Youth Intake Preview

lIY3et2.jpg

We are not good at all, but lucky for us, there are a couple of just atrocious teams in our division

s83lUoi.jpg

Youth Intake being rated at 5 Star Golden Generation once again, but all positions rated D does not fill me with any sort of confidence

EDIT:

For some reason, it was showing the preview on my Dev Center before it showed up on my inbox, and I thought that I just missed it

66sYncK.jpg

6NC6va3.jpg

That is a lot better. We could use any help that we can get

Edited by Colossus

On 07/11/2023 at 08:06, HanziZoloman said:

yeah and it's also much more fun. But really I've never enjoyed FM as much as with this one. 

btw do you have a YAC Save running?

Sadly not, I always start unemployed and try and work my way up job hopping and the like. I don't think I have the stomach for a youth challenge run, though reading this thread has made me change my approach to the youth teams and I am trying to make better use of the youth intake.

I am, however, tempted to try it now.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb AndrikoDS:

Sadly not, I always start unemployed and try and work my way up job hopping and the like. I don't think I have the stomach for a youth challenge run, though reading this thread has made me change my approach to the youth teams and I am trying to make better use of the youth intake.

I am, however, tempted to try it now.

I'll look forward to read from your progress if you do

4 hours ago, Anners said:

The board seem to be very happy with me doing all of the coaching badges, are happy to allow extra staff (to the point where we're very close to having the best coaching staff in League 1), yet seem to be stumbling a bit with the facilities. We're still incredibly healthy off the pitch (our bank balance is still above the £400k mark!), but it's a bit disappointing to not see bigger improvements in our junior coaching or youth recruitment. I'm not sure if that's me wanting the world, but considering the health of the club, we can afford to take the risk to go a bit further.

Interesting things are happening, but I'm not sure which one is true or what is affecting decisions:

- I've actually done all the coaching badges now - the club never said no to any of these. My manager reputation is reasonably decent for Scottish League 2.
- I'm making sure I'm only doing 1 year deals and asking for facilities immediately after signing the contract. It's worked 3 years in a row.

I'm presuming it's a mixture of the 2, with the addition of the board being pleased with what I'm doing (even with the relegation). If they could give me a couple of good players, I wouldn't complain though!

2 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

I've been able to cancel a transfer the board have tried to do before on a past FM. I think I just went to the player and either went to Contract or Transfer and could back out of the contract offer/transfer offer.

Unfortunately, I can't. At least not right now. I hope I get the chance to cancel before the confirmation of the transfers

3 minutes ago, fries said:

Unfortunately, I can't. At least not right now. I hope I get the chance to cancel before the confirmation of the transfers

You probably won't get the chance with transfers that are done with a board takeover. Will have to transfer list them and stick them in the reserves till they're sold.

Just post a screen shot at end of season, if they're still with you, letting us know they've not played any games for you.