The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, LeB8 said:

Hey, really wanna develop Barbados as i'm from there. What files are you using to run the leagues, and are they accurate based on what you know. Could you also share them thanks.

He's using my FM23 Caribbean Megapack. I'm hoping my FM24 Megapack will be done by next week, but editor bugs this year have been wild and it takes so long to figure out what is wrong this year.

14 hours ago, LeB8 said:

Hey, really wanna develop Barbados as i'm from there. What files are you using to run the leagues, and are they accurate based on what you know. Could you also share them thanks.

Sorry I missed your comment without a tag or quote.

V50 makes fully accurate files for the entire carribean. Anything different is do to game limitations, as they are the Caribbean region researcher.

They posted recently that they are currently working on the fm24 version of the carrribean megapack, but the FM23 version is on here in the editors section. I'd recommend waiting for the new one over convetting an fm23 save with this as there are two major updates coming: fix of a league reputation bug and updated Caribbean Shield and Cup for more dynamic team qualifications.

Enjoy building up your nation! Out of curiosity, do you know anything about Road View? I couldn't find even a fb page for them.

Edited by WhiteCat33

14 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Sorry I missed your comment without a tag or quote.

V50 makes fully accurate files for the entire carribean. Anything different is do to game limitations, as they are the Caribbean region researcher.

They posted recently that they are currently working on the fm24 version of the carrribean megapack, but the FM23 version is on here in the editors section. I'd recommend waiting for the new one over convetting an fm23 save with this as there are two major updates coming: fix of a league reputation bug and updated Caribbean Shield and Cup for more dynamic team qualifications.

Enjoy building up your nation! Out of curiosity, do you know anything about Road View? I couldn't find even a fb page for them.

Unfortunately the Barabados FA's website, which had lists of players, team info, and the like, is now down... Here's a photo from the BFA's FAcebook from 2016 though! They were bigger many years ago; https://www.facebook.com/BarbadosFA/photos/a.198254776855082/1347763111904237/ 

12 minutes ago, V50 said:

Unfortunately the Barabados FA's website, which had lists of players, team info, and the like, is now down... Here's a photo from the BFA's FAcebook from 2016 though! They were bigger many years ago; https://www.facebook.com/BarbadosFA/photos/a.198254776855082/1347763111904237/ 

GREEN KITS!?!?! They've been my 'boys in blue' this save. I may have to bust out the kit generator to remedy this inaccuracy. Thanks for the link and bummer about the FA site. Would totally poke around there if it was up.

6 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

GREEN KITS!?!?! They've been my 'boys in blue' this save. I may have to bust out the kit generator to remedy this inaccuracy. Thanks for the link and bummer about the FA site. Would totally poke around there if it was up.

They changed their kits since 2016 I believe, you can check if I'm 100% on the colour - if in the editor they have a full set of kit I found all the info needed. If they only have a shirt, I only found the club colour (e.g. the French Football Federation just states team colours and I couldn't find a picture online). 

Edit: Looks like the club's reported colours at the time I created them were Blue and white, but no kit found... interesting! 

Edited by V50

39 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Thanks! No, we never actually won the top tier! :lol:

Ah, I think you may have to win it to complete the challenge... At least that's what I remember from a few years ago. Not to tempt you back into the 48 game Brazillian seasons or anything like that :p 

5 minutes ago, Anners said:

Previous Post:

2041/42 Season Report

Club: Tranent FC (Scotland)
League: Scottish Championship

image.png.65bf1c2ffe28f2b853a910daaa57f10d.png

League:

038LeagueTable41-42.thumb.PNG.002bf33031442341dfbcafd3859d5258.PNG

Bit disappointed from this season - we had an extremely poor middle of the season and just couldn't pick up the points. As long as I can keep Solomon Frimpong, I think we'll keep in the top half of the table anyway. Thankfully, he's actually quite happy and signed another deal too. I've also made him captain so you might as well change our name from Tranent to Frimpong FC!

We got to the fifth round of the cup again - but we didn't draw Hibs this time, but instead the other side of Edinburgh in Hearts. A 2-1 loss knocked us out at the stage we seem to be getting to every year, so it's not too disheartening. More just where we'd expect to be every year.

Youth Intake:

037YouthIntake2042.thumb.PNG.f79f302eec13988715170b39d3b379b7.PNG

To match the very mid season, we get a very mid youth intake. Nothing much to really say here either!

Little round up here - Youth Setup costs are still absolutely killing us and we need to get promoted in the next couple of years to be able to offset the costs I think. That, or selling Frimpong as his value is getting up to the £2m mark. He managed a club record 34 goals this season and is going from strength to strength, so to sell him would be to somewhat admit defeat as we're completely reliant on him. Could be some very difficult decisions ahead if we don't get promoted.

image.png.8e85006cf3074812a8c95ca78bf5551f.png

Enjoying following your journey with Tranent after having started one in Scotland and getting Cowdenbeath (although still in the job, I just couldn't get in to it). I might start another in Scotland at some point right enough. 

Would be great to see a screenshot of Frimpong, enjoy seeing how players have progressed (if at all, when still part time).

1 minute ago, Skora11 said:

Enjoying following your journey with Tranent after having started one in Scotland and getting Cowdenbeath (although still in the job, I just couldn't get in to it). I might start another in Scotland at some point right enough. 

Would be great to see a screenshot of Frimpong, enjoy seeing how players have progressed (if at all, when still part time).

I had the thought of "should I put a screenshot in" as well!

Here he is - made the Ghana 40 man World Cup Squad but didn't get picked sadly:

image.png.c1dce9f2414c9b2fef89837a577e6a89.png

12 hours ago, dkouv said:

Ah, I think you may have to win it to complete the challenge... At least that's what I remember from a few years ago. Not to tempt you back into the 48 game Brazillian seasons or anything like that :p 

Well, that's depressing. :lol: in which case I'll have to go back soon but I'm enjoying Xtra Krispy and the quick season! No 70+ game years for me for the time being.

Hi all,

This is my first time commenting on this thread. I'm fully invested in your YAC-saves and decided to do one myself. I'm managing Hønefoss BK in the Norwegian leagues.

Yet, I'm having some difficulties you all may have a solution for as you all are more experienced than myself. 

Most of the talents demand a youth contract instead of a part-time deal after coming through the youth ranks. This is not the biggest problem in the beginning, but the rules in the Norwegian First Division make it difficult to play with these players. Rule: Players on a Youth or Amateur contract can play a maximum of 3 games in the league before they aren't allowed to play any more games in the First Division. I have a promising striker who demanded a youth contract and after that did not want to enter contract negotiations because the squad is not good enough. I literally cannot play him because he already maxed out the 3 games, in which he scored 4 times. What do I do now?

Still in love with all of your amazing saves. Keep it going!

Kind regards,
Niels, Manager of Hønefoss BK

28 minutes ago, NielsPanis said:

Hi all,

This is my first time commenting on this thread. I'm fully invested in your YAC-saves and decided to do one myself. I'm managing Hønefoss BK in the Norwegian leagues.

Yet, I'm having some difficulties you all may have a solution for as you all are more experienced than myself. 

Most of the talents demand a youth contract instead of a part-time deal after coming through the youth ranks. This is not the biggest problem in the beginning, but the rules in the Norwegian First Division make it difficult to play with these players. Rule: Players on a Youth or Amateur contract can play a maximum of 3 games in the league before they aren't allowed to play any more games in the First Division. I have a promising striker who demanded a youth contract and after that did not want to enter contract negotiations because the squad is not good enough. I literally cannot play him because he already maxed out the 3 games, in which he scored 4 times. What do I do now?

Still in love with all of your amazing saves. Keep it going!

Kind regards,
Niels, Manager of Hønefoss BK

What I do is learn by the suggested non contracts or youth contracts they ask for what the part time (or FT) contract they will sign is. My current experience in Belgium if they're not asking for anything I got 13K p/a and they accept. if they ask for a bunch of things 15K p/a seems to do the trick. Was some trial and error though. 

31 minutes ago, Daddy said:

What I do is learn by the suggested non contracts or youth contracts they ask for what the part time (or FT) contract they will sign is. My current experience in Belgium if they're not asking for anything I got 13K p/a and they accept. if they ask for a bunch of things 15K p/a seems to do the trick. Was some trial and error though. 

You would suggest finding the sweetspot in offering the part-time deals instead of the youth contracts? That sounds fine as financially I can compensate for this. And for the current situation, can I do something about forcing my striker to sign a part-time contract so I can play with my 4.5 star striker instead of 2 star? Does the game acknowledge the fact we are both in a bad situation?

25 minutes ago, NielsPanis said:

You would suggest finding the sweetspot in offering the part-time deals instead of the youth contracts? That sounds fine as financially I can compensate for this. And for the current situation, can I do something about forcing my striker to sign a part-time contract so I can play with my 4.5 star striker instead of 2 star? Does the game acknowledge the fact we are both in a bad situation?

I would also second what @Daddy said here. I think moving forward you can roughly know that 95% of youth products will sign for x amount of money for a part time contract. In Scotland, I tend to try get most of them at £50 p/w, but for the better players it tends to go up to £100 p/w. It's more learning how the game perceives your club and what they can offer.

As for the current situation... honestly I'd say it's a bit of a lost cause. Keep an eye on the players happiness (even try offer them a contract weekly), but it may be a cause of having to sell the player to get something from him. For example, I'm losing my entire midfield (I'm playing a DM with 2 MC's) at the end of the season, but because my reputation isn't high enough yet, they're going for small values. £115k combined, but all have a 50% sell on fee clause attached to make sure if they do become a good player and sold on, I'm able to get some money in to combat the lack of reputation my club has (which obviously affects the player value).

4 hours ago, Anners said:

I had the thought of "should I put a screenshot in" as well!

Here he is - made the Ghana 40 man World Cup Squad but didn't get picked sadly:

image.png.c1dce9f2414c9b2fef89837a577e6a89.png

Top class for that level. 

What has his progression been like since he came through? Obviously part-time will stunt the growth but has he still improved a decent amount in that time?

I just had 3 meetings with the board in like a week!

I've been getting hammered in Polish top league, played 12, won 1, drawn 1, lost 10! 

They first met with me to ask me to drop the GK! I've never had this before have any of you? I'm getting fed up with the save and getting beat so I thought I'd play hardball, I told them I would not drop him and it's my decision, hoping to be fired, but they accepted this and let me carry on....

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dbca2b792c82c191d3552025644d5ae1.png

Then about 2 days later I gave an interview saying I was happy with the forward thinking club and dialogue with the board etc, they then wanted a meeting about me saying this as they didnt want this in the public doman, again i've never had this before in thousands of hours of fm!! I again was kinda cheeky and defiant in the meeting, but they again kept me in post!!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.97bda41c0af0a490f5bdb60927ba6ccc.png

image.thumb.png.2b2b52818fca918734439727a055d28b.png

Then a few days later after my latest defeat, another meeting to discuss my performance, i again was a bit of a twit in the meeting and said you wont find someone as good as me, so u cant fire me, they agreed, and have for a third time in a week, kept me in! I'm kinda determined to go on with the save just for the laughs and to see how long i can avoid the sack, but its a lost cause, totally out our depth

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.80bbc36e84799c71d3f4145ae890cdd8.png

image.thumb.png.c471a634600b4b503ea745f69e479f24.png

21 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Top class for that level. 

What has his progression been like since he came through? Obviously part-time will stunt the growth but has he still improved a decent amount in that time?

image.thumb.png.e3296544e71c554d29a8e2e02c430425.png

I didn't actually know this was in the game so was pleasantly surprised when I went rooting around! Lacking technically, but if I can keep getting that strength up he'll be a proper force.

I'm genuinely amazed he's not wanted to leave more than anything - even now he's happy signing a new contract when he's clearly far too good for the level (. There's no minimum fee clause either that he wants, so I'm loving it. I made him captain moreso because of the leadership but at this point I'll just give the man whatever he bloody well wants!!

2 hours ago, NielsPanis said:

Depends on the contract rules and registration rules of the leagues. If you've identified players you want to ensure they can play without restrictions, get them on a real contract. If it's a developmental project that needs at least a year or two of seasoning then a youth contract wouldn't hurt you. It's all situational for the player, league, and financial status of the club. 

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

I just had 3 meetings with the board in like a week!

I've been getting hammered in Polish top league, played 12, won 1, drawn 1, lost 10! 

They first met with me to ask me to drop the GK! I've never had this before have any of you? I'm getting fed up with the save and getting beat so I thought I'd play hardball, I told them I would not drop him and it's my decision, hoping to be fired, but they accepted this and let me carry on....

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.dbca2b792c82c191d3552025644d5ae1.png

Then about 2 days later I gave an interview saying I was happy with the forward thinking club and dialogue with the board etc, they then wanted a meeting about me saying this as they didnt want this in the public doman, again i've never had this before in thousands of hours of fm!! I again was kinda cheeky and defiant in the meeting, but they again kept me in post!!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.97bda41c0af0a490f5bdb60927ba6ccc.png

image.thumb.png.2b2b52818fca918734439727a055d28b.png

Then a few days later after my latest defeat, another meeting to discuss my performance, i again was a bit of a twit in the meeting and said you wont find someone as good as me, so u cant fire me, they agreed, and have for a third time in a week, kept me in! I'm kinda determined to go on with the save just for the laughs and to see how long i can avoid the sack, but its a lost cause, totally out our depth

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.80bbc36e84799c71d3f4145ae890cdd8.png

image.thumb.png.c471a634600b4b503ea745f69e479f24.png

I've done that where I've been frustated and just want the axe, and then they're like "sowwy, you can stay"

20 minutes ago, Anners said:

@WhiteCat33 Let out a loud "ughh" with that goal, dear god. Is the PC/Laptop still in the room or has it gone out the window!?

I was too stunned to throw the laptop, small victories I guess. I initially thought he kicked it off someone's back and it then reversed and went in our goal. I had to watch that replay multiple times for the sheer stupidity of that clearance to sink in. If it was a sub youngster I'd have accepted it as the risks of substitutions with such a thin squad. However, that was the thought process of a 26 year-old Driven player with 16 concentration, 15 Decisions and 14 vision who is one of our top 5 players and a seasoned international... 

image.png.b7370369fb3784c0bb951334224b2bd4.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

10 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I was too stunned to throw the laptop, small victories I guess. I initially thought he kicked it off someone's back and it then reversed and went in our goal. I had to watch that replay multiple times for the sheer stupidity of that clearance to sink in. If it was a sub youngster I'd have accepted it as the risks of substitutions with such a thin squad. However, that was the thought process of a 26 year-old Driven player with 16 concentration, 15 Decisions and 14 vision who is one of our top 5 players and a seasoned international... 

image.png.b7370369fb3784c0bb951334224b2bd4.png

Absolutely brutal. Does he have poor "big games" stats? Maybe he tried a killer ball? Maybe he was so short he couldn't see past the players? lol

His composure is 12 and he was using his weaker foot, so maybe the player within two feet of him was enough to throw him off?