• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Far too incontinent

To much info, mate! :p 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Matsusipida said:

I was offered an international job. was the rule like no international jobs until completion?

I'm declining the job anyway. 

image.png.d4f0bebc690f2138df00718be8ed6241.png

Correct, until you complete the challenge you cannot take an international job.

Edited by Neo_Geo

12 hours ago, XaW said:

image.png.c98753dbb364adf97863527444b8ab1d.png

XaW - Fussballclub Biel/Bienne - Season 2026/27 (Season 3) - Raiffeisen Super League

ilwLHnZ.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another season pretty much like the last, and that's perfectly fine at this stage. We are still finding our feet at this level, and as long as we stay up, I'm happy. The club is improving as a whole, and the youth intakes seems to become better and better as I get more improvements accepted. So the future looks bright for us. Now we just need to continue what we are doing and then slowly push up the table. It's clear the main issue is that we concede too many goals. Looking at the xG table, we conceded 18(!) more goals than we should have, so I don't think it's tactical, just a lack of quality. The issue is that my goalkeeper should be good enough, and indeed he is one of the best players at the club, but he still concedes on average a goal a game over xG! I have no idea why he does so bad, but I don't have any options to him right now... Let's just hope this season was a fluke for him, and that he will come good soon.

Schweizer Cup: We beat Delémont and Schaffhausen before we lost to Sion in the 3rd round.

Best players from the academy:

Yonatan Teshome 26b - Great development and a good season where he scored and assisted quite a bit.
Lorik Selmani 25c - Excellent development, but haven't shown it on the pitch yet.
Mërgim Aliu 26a - The theme this season is great development, but issues getting it out on the pitch and he too has the same.

New club records:

Most goals in a match - Ydris Regaïa - 3 goals
Most goals in a league match - Ydris Regaïa - 3 goals
Worst discipline - Safet Alic - 17 yellow cards, 4 red cards
Most league apps - Anthony De Freitas - 198 apps
Fastest goal - Safet Alic - 28 seconds

The board accepted a couple of improvements this season.

kFG6tJy.png

Tpuyw9N.png

U19s

They only played friendlies this season.

U18s

They only played friendlies this season.

Around the world

dfI6I2V.png

Youth intake:

YhgfFHC.png

yk3XqBL.png

RCEWp3S.png

cIgtO2E.png

XYsYaio.png

bwYFQ6A.png

Trophy cabinet

None

Player statistics:

Most apps for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lorik Selmani 25c	Kosovo		Switzerland	2025-Present	68
Kubilayhan Baydilek 26c	Turkey		Switzerland	2026-Present	40
Yonatan Teshome 26b	Switzerland	Ethiopia	2026-Present	35
Mërgim Aliu 26a		Switzerland	Kosovo		2026-Present	31
Ivo Sebastião 25a	Angola		Switzerland	2025-Present	27

Most goals for the club

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yonatan Teshome 26b	Switzerland	Ethiopia	2026-Present	10
Andreas Vogt 25e	Switzerland	<N/A>		2025-Present	2
Kubilayhan Baydilek 26c	Turkey		Switzerland	2026-Present	2
Daniel Dressler 25h	Liechtenstein	<N/A>		2025-Present	1
Mërgim Aliu 26a		Switzerland	Kosovo		2026-Present	1

Most assists for the club

Yonatan Teshome 26b	Switzerland	Ethiopia	2026-Present	9
Mërgim Aliu 26a		Switzerland	Kosovo		2026-Present	4
Ivo Sebastião 25a	Angola		Switzerland	2025-Present	2
Lorik Selmani 25c	Kosovo		Switzerland	2025-Present	1
Andreas Vogt 25e	Switzerland	<N/A>		2025-Present	1

Supporters:

GxclHPC.png

YAC Bingo:

gw8knc4.png

Summary:

OluwbVp.png

what a lovely prospect!

8 hours ago, Padders said:

ha ha bugger! :eek:

Couldn't help myself! Some Freudian slip there! :D 

6 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

what a lovely prospect!

I actually think I have a beast on my hands. Part way into the new season and he is already the best player at the club... Luckily, I have him down for a 3+3 year deal! :D

Also, this just happened...

image.png.de3b0d783f43f76d6737639695788ad8.png

So yeah, I think he is a massive talent!

And here we are! Thank you for the kind words! :D

JjOkPRO.png

A goal and two assists is not bad for a 16 year old debut in midfield! :D 

XYT6SoO.png

18 minutos atrás, russ the womble disse:

What do the numbers and letters mean that people put after their youth pulls? I assume 27 or whatnot is the year of the pull but what's the letter designate?

I think its the Preview Ratings.

33 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

What do the numbers and letters mean that people put after their youth pulls? I assume 27 or whatnot is the year of the pull but what's the letter designate?

I personally do A, B, C and D to denote the rating i.e. elite, top, good, decent, I used to put the actual rank in the name but it gets a bit messy.

Some do Y0 for intakes in the season prior to taking over and some, like myself, do the year of the intake.

There’s no exact science to it and you don’t even need to do it.

I like including the rating as I means I can look back in later years to see those that were thought of as an Elite (A) and how they ended up.

1 hour ago, russ the womble said:

I use "<player name> <intake year><potential sorted by assistant>". So in 2027, the best one will be 27a, the next best 27b, etc. It's interesting since the assistants can get things very wrong, so anyone with a letter far into the alphabet will be an undervalued one, and I find this fun to follow.

52 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Me seeing @Riebow and @XaW with NxGn entries in fewer seasons than my Northern Ireland save…

image.gif.923f8b91efefd3830a9c0ee2da6e4cda.gif

To be fair, I'm in Switzerland and you are in Northern Ireland, so I do have a big advantage. I also think I rolled a nat20 for that guy! :D 

I'm such an idiot. For god knows how many seasons now I've had the youth advice stuck on my useless DoF rather than my HOYD. :mad: 

How many years have I not only been playing this type of save and making such a basic error. I'm fuming with myself here :D 

2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I'm such an idiot. For god knows how many seasons now I've had the youth advice stuck on my useless DoF rather than my HOYD. :mad: 

How many years have I not only been playing this type of save and making such a basic error. I'm fuming with myself here :D 

Ah yes I have done that before

Think it was in FM21 or FM22

Very frustrating

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Ah yes I have done that before

Think it was in FM21 or FM22

Very frustrating

It's so annoying. Only noticed as I forgot to take a screenshot of the intake preview so went to grab one a few weeks later and was confused as to why my DoF was telling me about the intake and not my HYOD. Probably wasted 2 (well 3 with this season) seasons worth of intakes here. Was thinking of replacing my HOYD as he's been underwhelming but think this one's on me not him!  

8 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Classic error! Glad I'm not the only one who has done this a few times! :D 

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Classic error! Glad I'm not the only one who has done this a few times! :D 

I think it happens when you bring in new staff, you fire the old HYOD and his responsibilities get taken over but when you bring in a new one there isn't the option for them to take over the old persons responsibilities so if you forget to change it then you're screwed till you notice :D 

7 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I think it happens when you bring in new staff, you fire the old HYOD and his responsibilities get taken over but when you bring in a new one there isn't the option for them to take over the old persons responsibilities so if you forget to change it then you're screwed till you notice :D 

Yeah, seems like a plausible cause for it. Still a pain when it happens! :D 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yes that's exactly when it happens or when they retire

If you get a replacement in while you already have one that tick box is there when they sign to take over the previous persons responsibilities

If they leave/sack/retire then someone else takes over and you have to go in and make the changes when you appoint a new staff member for the role

Edited by Padders

54 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Good job you mentioned this, otherwise who knows how many years I would have gone without noticing I had the same :D I had no HOYD when I started the save so guess it just kept the responsibilities with my crappy DoF, no wonder the personalities were so meh this year :z

I always now make sure when I change HoYD that’s the first thing I check as I’ve made that mistake myself more times than I care to admit.

@Padders congrats on the promotion. I love when a very average looking player (particularly strikers) come along and just excel. They might never be a world beater but they’re dependable. I have an AMC like that in my safe, his potential is limited but he can score in Northern Ireland just fine.

2 minutes ago, dkouv said:

Good job you mentioned this, otherwise who knows how many years I would have gone without noticing I had the same :D I had no HOYD when I started the save so guess it just kept the responsibilities with my crappy DoF, no wonder the personalities were so meh this year :z

I might have to put something in the OP for FM25 at this rate :D 

7 minutes ago, naterr said:

download.png.88f3ec5584f5bfeaf392406e731221f6.pngimages.jpg.131dd00ed06dd0fb445e4857d51ab80d.jpg

Tony Pizza at Kerala United FC - Go Hornbills! - Season 11

I haven't posted for a while as there has been a bit of a motivation hit. The save is great but we are currently unable to field many players in the league final, I know the league isn't part of the challenge but when you finally get to the final and have to field your reserves it is slightly annoying... more on that in a bit!

Superleague

3 losses to start the season wasn't ideal, but after the third game (and a bit of angry team talks) turned things around. We then went unbeaten until the next year.

Finishing the league in second place and feeling confident going into the playoffs.

Semi Final against Jamshedpur was pretty straight forward - but then a final awaits against Kolkata.

However....there seems to be annoying time glitch with the save. The final is held at the same time as the Indian National team have youth games....8 of my first eleven were called up and we had to rotate the entire first team to find any players to play the game.

We got destroyed, they could have scored 10 probably!

Cups

Preseason cup we got to the Semis, nothing exciting there

Super Cup - We got knocked out of the group stage, we got the same points as the team in first but Jamshedpur were picked randomly to win the league - meh! I assume "Randomly" means they bribed them with a bag of Haribo and some Sunny Delight.

20240702231944_1.thumb.jpg.e8fc550fe683855e0a55d111ef69e5c7.jpg

Youth Intake

Crap...utter crap!

20240702222447_1.thumb.jpg.8c855fd9843db8e19986d85273ef2007.jpg

None of the players look any good, but most were signed up as we pay then £8 a week. 

Team of the year

20240702231401_1.thumb.jpg.f2f5944526a8705220e72a00d3e47a6b.jpg

Gurung had another great season, his speed is so useful, but luckily he is still with us in the Purple! (colour of the shirt, not a euphemism).

Screenshot2024-07-02234143.thumb.png.a06b06da821fe3f43aaff5b1d254fcf6.png

I think I need to power through until the team are a bit older so they don't get called up to the U23's, but that could be a while! Slightly frustrating but I guess the challenge is for the champions league and not the league itself.

Try Northern Ireland where if you finish in the top 2 you end up playing league, league cup, local cup, national cup, spfl trophy and europe and then you lose 15-19 players for international games that you either play with grey goalkeepers as the u21s take both your keepers or postpone and if you postpone you get to play 4 games in a week :lol:

1 hour ago, SkiIIs said:

sorry gents, where do I go to check/change who is responsible for youth intakes???

Staff -> Responsibilities -> Advise and reports -> Provides Youth Development Information

The drop down menu there is the place.

11 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Try Northern Ireland where if you finish in the top 2 you end up playing league, league cup, local cup, national cup, spfl trophy and europe and then you lose 15-19 players for international games that you either play with grey goalkeepers as the u21s take both your keepers or postpone and if you postpone you get to play 4 games in a week :lol:

Oh I am not complaining about the amount of games - we have hardly any! Just wish I could get the players to stay for the biggest match of their careers instead of an U23 qualifying match :D 

On 02/07/2024 at 16:14, russ the womble said:

for me its the year through and the rating by potential in the intake - A- best potential to P - worst potential

The team had another season of struggle and the team ended in the relegation playoff. 3 down in 8 mins of the 1st leg led to a 4-2 agg loss and relegation. Even so i was surprised to get the sack with the board believing the team had underperformed when they started the season as 250-1 for the league and predicted dead last.

I have restarted 1 last time in Sweden with Halmia who have decent facilities for the level although a small and limited squad in some positions.

22 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I always now make sure when I change HoYD that’s the first thing I check as I’ve made that mistake myself more times than I care to admit.

@Padders congrats on the promotion. I love when a very average looking player (particularly strikers) come along and just excel. They might never be a world beater but they’re dependable. I have an AMC like that in my safe, his potential is limited but he can score in Northern Ireland just fine.

Cheers. Yes had many of them over the years when the wonderkids get pinched by the bigger clubs