The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

4 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@resurectedja Daci looks a beast in the air, should win most headers. Cannot remember the last time i saw a player with 19 for heading and never a youth player, normally its very low heading ability when generated.

I was shocked when I saw him. Cant wait to give him first team football next season.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Any further on your decision?

You’ve had such a great start that it would be a real shame to stop now.

Is loaning players out to just get first team football instead of playing in your youth team not really an option, can’t remember the rules around loaning in Switzerland, if you can loan out at 17 it’s better than them sitting playing friendlies all the time.

I think I'll start anew somewhere else, tbh...

Not sure where yet though. Been holidaying a few places to see if I can find any team I'd like and I have a few options. Too bad most of the teams I want rarely pops up, but I might holiday a few seasons in this time.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think I'll start anew somewhere else, tbh...

Not sure where yet though. Been holidaying a few places to see if I can find any team I'd like and I have a few options. Too bad most of the teams I want rarely pops up, but I might holiday a few seasons in this time.

Might be joining you in that approach shortly, may just spin a few countries up and see if any grab me more than this Crewe United

3 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Might be joining you in that approach shortly, may just spin a few countries up and see if any grab me more than this Crewe United

I really wanna do Brickfield in Wales, but I've holidayed for ages before and not gotten them, but I'll continue trying a bit more.

If not, I'll look around more.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I really wanna do Brickfield in Wales, but I've holidayed for ages before and not gotten them, but I'll continue trying a bit more.

If not, I'll look around more.

You have history with them if I recall correctly

2 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

You have history with them if I recall correctly

Good memory on you, it's about ancient history (at least a few versions) now! :D 

Just now, XaW said:

Good memory on you, it's about ancient history (at least a few versions) now! :D 

Some teams/nations just have a special place in your FM heart so i hope you manage to get them.

I was kinda hoping my mums team Clyde got relegated this year in Scotlands league two just so that I could do the challenge as them in FM25 :lol:

They finished 9th and avoided the relegation play-off on the last day

2 minutes ago, Matsusipida said:

IFK Lidingö season 22/2045 - swedish 1st division elite

image.jpeg.b41c89bf05fa23685a4b2e7e71d09196.jpeg

Despite dropping to 2nd tier we were able to keep our key players in the team. I was a bit supprised, I tought someone would leave on relegation release clause. 

Season started with cup group. We were dropped by goal difference once again.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.b8cc4886d7f353d489af5ef307f00a80.png

League season was pretty constant and we were allwasy fighting for promotion. Finally we finished the season 2nd only two points behind Sundsvall. 2 automatic promotions so this in just what we needed. In xg table we were 1st around 5 points ahead of Sundsvall.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.b211c099adc01642fef8d4f4a670b158.png

Squad:

Third choise GK Leif Reuterswärd 42E was loaned out to premier division side Örgryte IS. He gained 29caps in the highest tier and developed nicely. (Ösgryte was dropped with only 17 points from 30 games.)

Jonas Schaaf 41E was our best player by ratings and 9 league goals scored. Aydin Sahin 38A also scored 9 league goals. Mustafa Hodzić 41C had a couple of nasty injuries and Hassan Billborn 42B played more matches as GK. Defence was really solid and we only conceded 27 in 30 games, lowest in the league. Jonas Andreassen 37B and Oskar Waldenström Soldati 41B were impressive CDs in this level.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.08abf5cfc8cd8e98542e8c313436b28a.png

image.thumb.png.fe2ba164d5464ced96218b84aaaa92d3.png

image.thumb.png.89e8ff16b3de35e78297a0f86c2f4b11.png

image.thumb.png.5f9773f7e0a0a1e924f2ebc69097172d.png

Youth intake

decent intake. Once again the best prospect is a GK! Jonatan Johansson 45A looks promising. Andreas Nilsson 45B is a promising winger with fairly professional personality. Peter Andersson 45C could develop into a handy wingback.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ea695603605fc61fffc13ec9e5fca2a1.png

image.thumb.png.faacbc37e700465edf843dfc1562222e.png

image.thumb.png.c2b03ec381b46b236197dfacae4e4b2f.png

image.thumb.png.10f8693dbe83852ae69e4ddce3cf24e8.png

Transfers

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.3bf6bfce973c78cb59df76cc45d8ebba.png

finances took a little  hit as we played in the 2nd tier. we should still be fine. Our new stadium was opened and we saw a massive increase in attendances despite dropping to 2nd tier. Youth facility improvement the board accepted last season was also completed.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0ccf61910eae5b7f579670c97c61506c.png

image.png.dbb9440b9afbcf42d3ef6d937ba92a10.png

New HOYD as well. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4fa4a07aca3737b0e137f271bdc68ead.png

3 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I hate that I can’t maintain interest in a save beyond about 10 years.

13 seasons complete in Northern Ireland and doing very well but I always start to get itchy feet at this point.

I loved my Katwijk and Chiasso saves, I felt some kind of connection but with Crewe it feels like I’m doing it because Northern Ireland hasn’t been completed yet. Getting 95% of my intake being northern Irish, no players with a cap whilst being at the club, TWENTY ONE players away on international for 4 games in the space of 8 days, having to play in 6 competitions in a season….its just dragging now.

I miss the buzz of a new club and varied intakes, I feel utterly ashamed when I see padders save going for so long and sticking to it and here’s me whinging and whining after 13 seasons :lol:

Sorry to hear you are losing interest, I am sure this won't help much but I am really enjoying reading about your save, so wherever you end up I am sure it will be good! Why not try a random league which isn't in the base game? MasterIgor has tons to choose from!

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Would be a shame to see it end, but if the save isn't giving you that motivation you need for something like this, I personally would look to do the same. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

34 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ok, I gave up on Brickfield after a full day of reloading... So I'm going with good old Dracs!

JCqbLkb.png

43cMwfq.png

S01DgLP.png

Best of luck with your new team! Will be following closely!

Looking to start my first Youth Academy Challenge save, is there a list of clubs that are legible for the challenge with their facility ratings? Or clubs recommended for beginners?

16 minutes ago, MichaelNevo said:

Would be a shame to see it end, but if the save isn't giving you that motivation you need for something like this, I personally would look to do the same. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

You'll have to carry the torch now for Northern Ireland. :cool:....I think even if 2 of the cup competitions were dropped I'd feel much happier to carry on because I had players complaining because they weren't playing as much as they were supposed to but if I had given them that game time they'd have been run into the ground because the games came that often.

Not deleting the save and keeping a back-up of the license file if its a case of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but for now I just don't feel the connection.

On 05/07/2024 at 17:44, Padders said:

I agree, I take very little notice to the previews

Im finding it that its actually the opposite, the good previews produce duds and vice versa.  However i did just change my reports from u18's manager to HOYD so see what that does

On 05/07/2024 at 20:38, HanziZoloman said:

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.94c0a53cbf57e5a170b897ce131f5b6a.png

Here comes an insight into my DNA squad building. Maybe the Earl wants to show off a bit or make the whole effort a bit visible for more people than himself.

The Earl has put together a Team DNA for developing into a mean/machine Team. Note that our team personalty is highly ambitious. This is why players on low determination or unambitious players have no room and should set their sails elsewhere. 

First Picture is our first team. All key attributes are summed up into a DNA score. The Earl will also notice all personality changes. All measures are taken in August when the squad is full together (all loans back, all transfers out) and January. The Earl can then decide on which part of the DNA to put more effort in training. At the moment the main part is distributed into technical skills like TEC, PAS, VIS & FIR. Especially in U18s training. Training facilities are excellent since Nov 71.

Hide contents

Bildschirmfoto2024-07-05um12_15_36.thumb.png.9614d7ac1a2a80c20dcf4ff5cea2f40a.png

As you can see in the 1st squad the effort in Technical skills is paying off. Overall the squad gained 29 attribute points since August. Tyler Wright gained 7 points after gaining 13 points before and is clearly a player to watch closely. On the other hand Kenny Keen who is highly talented and promising and has a resolute personality is scratching his attributes together. He is clearly one to worry, often injured and having a hard time to find some good match form. Loric Kalala has maintained his skills over a long period of time and is still one of the best, despite his age. One can also find underrated players who don't seem to match on first sight but score high on the club essentials, players like Gregory Meyers ore Ade Izzet. Ross Beadle is the best, he is the beast we all want to see on the pitch for our side. You can also see that players gain crucial attribute points in later stages of their careers, like Ross or like Tom Moore, Meyers or Izzet. Our most promising youngster Solomon Olaniyi who measures 201cm is developing exceptional and will be our future captain. Leadership is 18 and his realist personality will be grounding for everyone. Together with 200cm Mo Yarjah they will form the 401cm twintower defence. At the moment I play both of them with a more experience squad player (Meyers/ Izzet) to further support their development.

Here we can see the youth squad. A noticed before I only take over players with good personalities and there where few in the last years. 

Hide contents

Bildschirmfoto2024-07-05um12_15_50.thumb.png.0a2bcaa11fb4031353bc98ff9ef9c6a9.png

As TEC skills are hard to gain my focus lies heavily on this part of player development in the U18s. It did pay off, especially after some adjustments at the beginning of the season. Last years didn't brought the expected results. I changed training schedules and coaches. Rob Grimshaw did develop really promising and gained 12 attribute points in the Ricay DNA. Ashley Church and Danny Douglas are loaned out as they are above 18 and does not have a true chance in our 1st team. Ashley Church seems to use his time well and will be worth a second look. Danny will have to move on. Ashley is now in the green range with above 160 "points". Warren Barker (he is yellow range, need to change that) is the one I watch, his 5 points gains are what we are looking for.

you does everyone extract they attributes for each player?  im a little tech challenged but i couldnt imagine manually entering the data into a spready 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb SkiIIs:

you does everyone extract they attributes for each player?  im a little tech challenged but i couldnt imagine manually entering the data into a spready 

Yes I type it down. I actually like because I can see the results from my efforts while typing. It’s a bit like Christmas, you‘ll never now what you‘ll get.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Neo_Geo:

So with these wise words floating in my head its time to finally have a proper go at England!

MacclesfieldhireGeo.png.b02241750dc85246a4285cb8d6e4f1a0.png

ManageProfile.thumb.png.5eaa0dbee45f7045661aef79822b5ef1.png

I love the backstory for Macclesfield with the winding up order on Macclesfield Town in 2020 and this is essentially a phoenix save which I know Macclesfield Town were never at the pinnacle of English football but I do like the thought of this type of save and with a very decent sized squad, stadium and good facilities to boot its a strong starting point (even if the star striker Tunde Owolabi refuses to sign a new deal).

Welcome to England welcome to the gravel pit. I‘m sure you‘ll do it proper. 

6 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

You can use the ctrl+p function and save it as a HTML file. , but you need to have a view that shows every single attribute.

image.jpeg.ce55019b329bac29f3d3e104ab73b8a4.jpeg

Table | Squad | Transfers

Was in reasonable form for the early part of the season although there were too many draws when the team was on top. After 17 games the team was just outside the promotion spots but a poor finish saw the team drop off.

Not entered into the swedish cup.

Finances remain roughly the same.

Arvidsson left at the end of the season after getting upset at the lack of depth in the squad which will be a loss as he had good physical ability in midfield.

Warmlov had a good season even if a bit limited as a player.  Keymer came into the team when my strikers failed in the first couple games and ended as the top scorer for the team.

Youth preview was good as was the intake but i'm sceptical of it as its unlikely that all the players are that good (forgot to get a picture but all but 2 had 5 star potential). 5 stars potential is good enough for 3rd division according to my ass man when the team is in the 2nd! Svensson, Cerbone and Magnusson look the best.

Spoiler

Youth nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

96.88%

Sweden

90.63%

Somalia

1.56%

Iraq

1.56%

Africa

1.56%

Italy

1.56%

Asia

1.56%

Albania

1.56%

South America

0.00%

Kosovo

1.56%

North America

Greece

1.56%

Oceania

Spoiler

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Arvidsson,Messaoudi (8)

Jensen(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (11)

Warmlow(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

If you don’t want to make your own views you can download a view pack suck as this one: https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-custom-views/

You do curl + p select web page then copy and paste into your spreadsheet tool of choice. A number of posters spent a great deal of time crafting the spreadsheet with numerous calculations and I’m sure they would be willing to (and have already) share(d) their creation.

i tried to use it but found myself just reverting to gut instinct.

CreweEndOfSeason.png.072096089e4187db11f0e25fdbd230a8.png

Crewe United - Season Four

We finally did it! I kind of knew we had it in us with the results we'd have last season from February onwards. I decided to make Charlie Young an AML which could definitely be seen as a huge risk, considering his stats don't point towards that, but it definitely seems to have paid off! Andy Jeffries also came in clutch in his first season with some huge assists!

Not only did we win the league, but we also won the Intermediate Cup again! There was also the massive cup run in the Clearer Water Irish Cup where we beat Knockbreda, Carrick Rangers Ballyclare (who we also beat in the Intermediate Cup) who are all in the league above us. We came undone in the Semi's to big shots Larne where we lost 3-2, very respectable exit from the competition.

I'm looking forward to next season and I really think we have a chance to stay up in that league going off results from this season. We've also got Jaimes Pejić to add into the mix which will complete our attacking front 4. We just need defenders now!

IntermediateCup.png.357dfc6fc42d2b84e5c07abfd279e9fe.png

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Youth Intake

Not the best of youth intakes, but there's enough to add something to the first team. Artem could definitely prove useful to add a little depth at the back, whilst Jaimes Pejić is a nice prospect.

Spoiler

3 Top Rated Youth Players & Transfers In + Out

Jaimes Pejić is the standout here, but there's nothing special to note.

Spoiler

League Table & Finances

We finished the season with very good finances thanks to some nice cup runs.

Spoiler

What they thought...

In Other News...

Double.thumb.png.53beb5abd01b7d5a8fd93e4716d99bbf.png

18 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I hate that I can’t maintain interest in a save beyond about 10 years.

13 seasons complete in Northern Ireland and doing very well but I always start to get itchy feet at this point.

I loved my Katwijk and Chiasso saves, I felt some kind of connection but with Crewe it feels like I’m doing it because Northern Ireland hasn’t been completed yet. Getting 95% of my intake being northern Irish, no players with a cap whilst being at the club, TWENTY ONE players away on international for 4 games in the space of 8 days, having to play in 6 competitions in a season….its just dragging now.

I miss the buzz of a new club and varied intakes, I feel utterly ashamed when I see padders save going for so long and sticking to it and here’s me whinging and whining after 13 seasons :lol:

:D

Managed to squeeze in a few months in my new save…….loving it. It’s refreshing just having different players, different tactics, different opposition.

Furthermore Macclesfield are a great club to start off the challenge with. Attendances are high which means we are making money, the standard of player here is great even though I lost 3 players early doors and my French centreback isn’t likely to get a WP for a renewal, but overall it’s really pleasing and playing matches at full speed in 2D is making a world of difference being able to get through matches that little bit quicker.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

Season 142 - 25164/65 - SBC

Well we have won promotion back to the PL at first time of asking, finishing 3rd (all teams on the same points in the play off positions)

Via the playoffs but will take that

Form was decent going into the playoffs, with one loss in 10

image.png.0088471224c8194c5abfdc547d77bc99.png

We lost the 1st leg of the playoffs but made up for it in the 2nd leg with a brilliant 5-1 win

Then won the Final 3-2 vs Norwich

image.png.439c7bdaa645dd0156c018dfed55ee18.png

We have had a news notification about a new stadium which could be interesting. Been in this current one since 2094/95 season

image.png.cca2e56bf21ce0fe6b12b61730a125fc.png

20240708120221_1.thumb.jpg.7e096fa4c99f3304f740845c05deedb0.jpg20240708084700_1.thumb.jpg.b736794e8e865a09281665901647d31e.jpg20240708084710_1.thumb.jpg.e2876a92bc660233faf3d9a085adf9b5.jpg20240708120157_1.thumb.jpg.e82f44d92bf9a0876153d53284b118b3.jpg20240708120217_1.thumb.jpg.067885c9a2d21582c4726f7fd2ddb2ea.jpg

image.thumb.png.6b3f336d0ef532995bcf253ee55a1dce.png

Congrats on promotion back to the Premier League and I hope you end up with a nice big stadium :hammer:

16 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

If you don't want to type it all in, the female football manager website have a very good spreadsheet that is easy to use. You print the page from FM and then copy the data into it and all the fields are set up for you. 

I've seen a few people use it on this website and it seems pretty straight forward

14 minutes ago, Winski said:

And last but not least: Stanislav Guľa 31a, our top prospect from last season. What a good debut season! And what a player already, he's still 16 years old!

Well, Stanislav Guľa 31a is making name for himself!

He is our first international player! And what a debut; the full 90 minutes and scoring in your debut match! :applause:

On the downside of this: PSG and Inter are now interested in him....:(
YM8DTCZ.png
HCIHpKu.pngs9eR6ac.png

What is everyone's approach to training? Only 2nd season in but my youngsters attributes don't seem to be improving much at all (technical attributes even falling in some cases). Spanish 4th tier where my team is professional so they are training full time.

2 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

What is everyone's approach to training? Only 2nd season in but my youngsters attributes don't seem to be improving much at all (technical attributes even falling in some cases). Spanish 4th tier where my team is professional so they are training full time.

Never felt that doing general training was worth the effort, so leaving that to the assman. Doing individual myself, setting the role I use them in and any attribute I think they need to improve. I do a check on that if I get a message from the staff regarding it, or two times a year. Jan 1st and Jul 1st I do a full check of all individual training and change as appropriate.

Anyone under 18 will mostly get better from training well (high training ratings), and over 18 most need game time to progress. This is a general advise and there can be individual differences from player to player.

vor 1 Minute schrieb XaW:

Never felt that doing general training was worth the effort, so leaving that to the assman. Doing individual myself, setting the role I use them in and any attribute I think they need to improve. I do a check on that if I get a message from the staff regarding it, or two times a year. Jan 1st and Jul 1st I do a full check of all individual training and change as appropriate.

Anyone under 18 will mostly get better from training well (high training ratings), and over 18 most need game time to progress. This is a general advise and there can be individual differences from player to player.

You all play that game that easy ... why me ... why do I need to have such a hard time :seagull:

;)

7 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

You all play that game that easy ... why me ... why do I need to have such a hard time :seagull:

;)

I imagine all these hours has helped! :p

image.png.0d07501fa81c4594509c0381a3da23a6.png

I'm afraid of tallying all my FM hours together and find out how much time I've spent! And that doesn't count all the pre-Steam games I've played as a kid going all back to the early 90s! :herman:

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

I imagine all these hours has helped! :p

image.png.0d07501fa81c4594509c0381a3da23a6.png

I'm afraid of tallying all my FM hours together and find out how much time I've spent! And that doesn't count all the pre-Steam games I've played as a kid going all back to the early 90s! :herman:

A life well spent my friend

25 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

;)

Many, many, many hours and failed approaches help you refine it.

Like XaW I never do general training, I get a competent assistant manager in and leave them to it but I always do individual training at every level.

Im also tend to lean towards match time for my youth players over training. I know a few high profile youtuber sorts such as Zealand have done research (or rather his team researched) on the optimal regime for youth players to develop them based on their age.

Whilst I largely follow my nose on this matter I do try to make sure if I bring a youth player on it’s with 15+ mins to go and the game is going well but I often favour giving them a few appearances here and there when they are 15/16 then loan them out at 17 as long as the club they go to are going to have them playing regularly.

of course this depends on where you are in the save. If it’s early doors your squad is top heavy with U20 players so giving a 15/16 year old game time is quite easy to do. If you are further in and have an established squad of over 20s players then unless it’s a really top notch youngster coming through it will be hard to give them opportunities.