The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Alright, I'm back after a quick break, so here we go. It's Slovakia time!

WlQ6TCn.png

Ttschu8.png

79oY0fb.png

Welcome in Slovakia! And nice to see that you also chose Raca! 

Good luck!!

Last week I returned from my Holiday, after I spend a couple of weeks in Southern France with my wife and kids. Yesterday I started playing FM again. I’m at the end of season 2035/2036 with Raca, so the next update will follow soon :) 

57 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

@Padders have you had a youth come through that was 4 or more stars CA and a starter for the team immediately. With your facilities it seems you should have but your intakes are 2.5 stars ca at best

Also good to know what 4 star CA currently represents @Padders

I've never had anyone through with higher than 2.5 star CA since I've started this challenge, although the one I am currently playing I am starting to make progress and getting quite a few through with good personalities.

5 hours ago, Winski said:

Welcome in Slovakia! And nice to see that you also chose Raca! 

Good luck!!

Last week I returned from my Holiday, after I spend a couple of weeks in Southern France with my wife and kids. Yesterday I started playing FM again. I’m at the end of season 2035/2036 with Raca, so the next update will follow soon :) 

I wanted Inter Bratislava, but I've spend a couple of days reloading without seeing them, so I picked my 2nd choice which was Raca! So, sorry if I'm stepping on your toes here, but I just got really fed up with the reloads! :D

Edit: You know what. I might as well reload a bit more... I might challenge you to become the best team from Bratislava if I get them! :D 

6 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Padders have you had a youth come through that was 4 or more stars CA and a starter for the team immediately. With your facilities it seems you should have but your intakes are 2.5 stars ca at best

Not sure I have ever had more than 3*, if I have its a handul max!

5 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Also good to know what 4 star CA currently represents @Padders

I've never had anyone through with higher than 2.5 star CA since I've started this challenge, although the one I am currently playing I am starting to make progress and getting quite a few through with good personalities.

Not sure I have a single PL CA standard according to the coach reports currently

I very rarely seem to get many, might get the odd 1 or 2 but never a decent amount at the same time

13 hours ago, XaW said:

Edit: You know what. I might as well reload a bit more... I might challenge you to become the best team from Bratislava if I get them! :D 

Challenge accepted :D

Good luck with Inter! And have fun also, I like it a lot managing in Slovakia :) 

13 minutes ago, Winski said:

Challenge accepted :D

Good luck with Inter! And have fun also, I like it a lot managing in Slovakia :) 

Thanks! :) 

I do look forward to the first intake...

5l2gFFo.png

Yes, my total squad is 8 players, so I have to use (at least) 3 grays every match. We had 4 more when I took over, but those were the best and also refused to talk contracts. So I have a bunch of the worst players in the division, lovely! It's going to be a struggle to survive, but let's do it! :D 

image.png.247a25fb64b7fe2f3ca7f9653bce6b6b.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season in poor form but managed through the season to just pick up enough points to keep the team out of the relegation spots, mostly helped by the other teams being really poor. The team could not score at all and survived a last day 1-5 loss to stay up with Jonsered unable to take advantage. Played in the swedish cup 1st rd away to Trelleborgs and was 0-3 down at halftime, got back to 2-3 but went onto lose 2-4.

Finances are slowly dropping but still requests not being accepted even with a new board.

Edin was probably my best player this year without much competition. Sjoqvist retired with over 400 games for the club and was still the first choice LW. Club icon and record scorer Keymer was released at the end of the season.

The youth preview suggested a great talent but the intake was pretty poor with Sundberg the best of them.

Its been 10 years since the 29 intake and a number of players are still at the club. Johannson has made 130 apps with 57 goals and is now my main striker. Khalil is my main DM with 122 apps and 2 goals. Berisha has flitted in and out of the team used mostly as a sub with 149 apps and 13 goals. Nilsson is a player i kept around as he had a lot of potential but has always been 4th choice LW and gone on loan a lot. Hes played 34 games for the club and 109 games on loan.

Babatunde played 155 games with 12 goals before being released and played 44 games since. Svanberg played 41 games with 4 goals almost all as sub, he has played 60 games since being released. Jeppsson never played for the club but is still playing having made 80 apps for other clubs.

Spoiler

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

94.23%

Sweden

88.47%

Eritrea

0.63%

Uruguay

0.42%

Iraq

0.42%

Jamaica

0.35%

Africa

3.13%

Bosnia

1.04%

Gambia

0.42%

Chile

0.42%

Indonesia

0.42%

USA

0.21%

Asia

1.25%

Greece

0.83%

Ivory Coast

0.42%

Palestine

0.21%

South America

0.83%

Turkey

0.83%

Somalia

0.21%

Japan

0.21%

North America

0.55%

Albania

0.63%

Niger

0.21%

Oceania

Serbia

0.63%

Nigeria

0.21%

Italy

0.63%

Egypt

0.21%

Kosovo

0.42%

DRC

0.21%

Finland

0.42%

Ghana

0.21%

England

0.35%

Ethiopia

0.21%

Zambia

0.21%

Spoiler

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Arvidsson,Messaoudi (8)

Jensen(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (11)

Warmlov(6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

6th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (10)

Lai(9)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

10th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (15)

Messaoudi (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

7th

Not entered

N/A

Strom - 27j (11)

Athanasiou -26p (7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

9th

Not entered

N/A

Lai(12)

Noren -28k (5)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

8th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (14)

Lai(5)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

8th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (15)

Babatunde- 29h (6)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

5th

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (19)

Sjoqvist(8)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

6th

Not entered

N/A

Strom - 27j (12)

Sjoqvist(7)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D2 WG

1st

Not entered

N/A

Keymer-25c (16)

Noren -28k (10)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Promoted

D1S

14th

Not entered

N/A

Johansson-29j (14)

Athanasiou -26p (5)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Relegated

D2 WG

2nd

Group St

N/A

Johansson-29j (19)

Noren -28k (11)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Promoted

D1S

12th

Not entered

N/A

Johansson-29j (13)

Edin -37a (11)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

D1S

12th

1st Rd

N/A

Sjoqvist, Edin-37a, Franco -34i
(5)

Athanasiou -26p
Berisha - 29j (5)

Basic

Basic

Fairly Basic

Limited

Spoiler

Youth Name

All time apps

Youth Name

All time Goals

Youth Name

All time Assists

Roger Gustafsson (25e)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Mathias Sandin (25d)

Sebastian Johansson (29j)

Marcus Noren (28k)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Manolis Athanasiou (26p)

Martin Tahiri (30i)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Marcus Noren (28k)

Ted Keymer (25c)

Marcus Noren (28k)

Milton Strom (27j)

Hugo Berisha (29g)

Edited by Thebaker

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Padders:

I always add in a few non league sides to hammer to build up morale

I did Google a bit and learned much about a proper pre season and it worked wonders. Transformed my team from a relegation candidate into an almost promotion side. Passion4fm did some great writeups

I am struggling to keep going. First season in the CL and got hammered 9-0 by Inter, youth preview was ****, the actual intake was okay but 2 of the top 3 players have a bad personality even though my HOYD is a Model Citizen... at least I made 21 Mio + this season BUT I cant spend it because my board doesnt even give me the option to improve my youth facilities.

Its my 14th season, please FM Gods let me at least improve my average! youth facilities. 

Finding this a lot more diffucult getting much beyond the second season. I am creating tactics that are very basic , non gegen pressing but just can't get the team to be consistent. Fair play for the people who have completed it on this years version.

@Winski - Aren't 15 year olds allowed to play in Slovakia? I can't see it anywhere in the rules, but it seems like it's prohibited for sub 16s?

Does that happen in the top tier too?

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

@Winski - Aren't 15 year olds allowed to play in Slovakia? I can't see it anywhere in the rules, but it seems like it's prohibited for sub 16s?

Does that happen in the top tier too?

That's correct. You can play youth players when they became 16 years old. You can't play with 15 year olds.

Just now, Winski said:

That's correct. You can play youth players when they became 16 years old. You can't play with 15 year olds.

Yeah, a bit rough for me since the best from my intake will only be able to play a bit into next season, and I'm in a real relegation fight, so got a bit annoyed! But hopefully, we can do it! :D 

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, a bit rough for me since the best from my intake will only be able to play a bit into next season, and I'm in a real relegation fight, so got a bit annoyed! But hopefully, we can do it! :D 

Yeah, that's annoying! But keep on fighting, things will getting better! If you manage to survive the first season, the next one will be easier as you can play with many more players than this season.  You can do this!

1 minute ago, Winski said:

Yeah, that's annoying! But keep on fighting, things will getting better! If you manage to survive the first season, the next one will be easier as you can play with many more players than this season.  You can do this!

4 games to go! Got a narrow 1-0 win away to Dolný Kubín recently that helped a lot, but the last 4 games are against some of the better teams in the league, so we might not pick up many more points....

image.png.a8f4bc7a254a1b6f1a0f52856619b11f.png

I'm happy for you that you survived this very difficult first season:applause:

Nice talent, Nagy 25a! He'll be a starter next season for sure I guess. Good luck next season!

35 minutos atrás, Winski disse:

Nice talent, Nagy 25a! He'll be a starter next season for sure I guess. Good luck next season!

Hows that Raca save going ? :cool:

1 hour ago, Winski said:

Really happy that we survived! :D

Nagy 25a looks brilliant and I look forward to finally using him this season! :D

24 minutes ago, mschafer13 said:

Dulwich Hamlet - 2055/56

Okay, it took 2 seasons instead of 1, but we're going up to the Championship! Picked to finish 24th, 300-1 odds, we gained promotion through the playoffs after finishing 4th.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really think it's just the tactic I created a couple seasons ago with no central midfield. My players aren't this good, I have no other way to explain (almost) back to back promotions. My leading goal scorer plays as an Attacking Midfielder up top, and his stats are terrible but he still scored the most, albeit only 17. My top 3 goal scorers actually were all Attacking Midfielders.

spacer.png

We're in big, big trouble next season in the Championship though. Our finances are terrible. My only hope is for a wealthy takeover.

spacer.png

I couldn't even sign my 2 best youth intake players, they wanted more money that we had, so that was a big blow. They got poached by other teams, so I'm left with these guys.

spacer.png

Mostly all positions I don't need the help right now, but with our poor finances, we'll take whatever player will sign with us! 

On to the Championship..

Love the camouflage goalkeeper kits! 

Also, you might be OK in the championship, there is usually a bit more money for clubs compared to what you get in league one.