The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dkouv said:

Congrats @naterr, great achievement - I guess that's the first completion in India!

56 minutes ago, Winski said:

Well done, @naterr:applause:

I think @darren1983 can add you to the Hall of Fame. 

45 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yes Congrats @naterr you've been added to the HoF :applause:

17 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well done @naterr:applause:

6 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Nicely done @naterr :applause:

Thanks all!

It was an edited database by the way. It was the Indian one from MasterIgor that I got from FM scout.

20 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

If you go the the Scotland page, then under the overview dropdown select "season summary" and scroll down, you should find a list of the promoted teams. I haven't thought about Scotland in a while, but is it possible that relegation/promotion is determined by a playoff and the team that would have been promoted lost that playoff?

20 hours ago, FootieLu said:

Hi,

i am looking for some help, this is the first time i'm starting a challenge like this.

i have chosen Scotland as my nation and holiday'd to May for the play off to begin and then again to reset day.

there was no newly promoted team, does this happen sometimes and i just need to resim till there is one?

thanks

Its as @The_Gato_In_Goal said,  there is a playoff between the bottom club and any potential promoted club and it look like that club lost.

I think you need to save before the last game of the regular season and then go forward a few days and the playoff match will have appeared, replaying can change the team facing the bottom team. You may need to replay the playoff a few times until the team coming up wins

Ok, so I have to say that @naterr completing India made me want to go where I had never gone before in FM, I don't feel like England was overwhelming (fixture wise) but it does feel too familiar and there are lots of others attempting England and sometimes its nice to be different :D

I'm going to spin up another save with the aid of a league pack from Timo, if it feels good I'll post on it otherwise its back to Macclesfield.

EDIT: I'm also recalling how much I enjoyed my save with Santa Venera Lightnings in Malta and also the save I did with Leal Aracibo in Puerto Rico

Edited by Neo_Geo

It’s weird maybe, but I lost the motivation to continue my save with Raca Bratislava. It suddenly came, and now I want something else. It became a bit boring. 
I don’t delete this save, but I’ll try something different for now. 

23 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

ongrats on the worlds best youth setup

Only fourth best at the minute! Hopefully best next season!

i've never managed to even get in the top 10 before so it's quite exciting!

11 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

Only fourth best at the minute! Hopefully best next season!

i've never managed to even get in the top 10 before so it's quite exciting!

Need to get to specsavers!

I just read it as SPG Wels Youth Setup recognised as Worlds Best (not among), no idea why I read it that way and didn't even realise that you have the screenshot of SPG Wels clearly in 4th :lol:

Get Me Coat GIF - Get Me Coat - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Neo_Geo

@Neo_Geo NA is very fun! I've wanted to go play some Central American countries since I've only ever tried the islands. It's a tough but doable challenge to beat the Liga MX sides, but it's not difficult to make money quick once you get to the continental competitions based on how the prize money is sorted.

Club.thumb.PNG.b0ee2576bc5e066a9a112ae2907f92cb.PNG

Manager.thumb.PNG.8647094b5d6422c96c614794bd6f4e12.PNG

I'm back, and this time outside Europe. As @Neo_Geo says, always trying in Europe gets tiring, so I chose South America. :D
Welcome to Peru, the city of Chimbote, home of Club Deportivo José Gálvez.

I'm using a database that enables Peruvian League 2.

Edited by The7Striker

21 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

EDIT: I'm also recalling how much I enjoyed my save with Santa Venera Lightnings in Malta and also the save I did with Leal Aracibo in Puerto Rico

I know it's been a minute since I've been active in the challenge, but I've also felt the Caribbean itch and have picked back up my Barbados save. Team actually has some promising young talent so who knows maybe the 3rd trip to the NACL final won't end in heartbreak.

Uh.... just noticed this... Does this mean SI has set it up so I can't get promoted to Northampton?

image.thumb.png.6569c4dacd3a54af6b3429ff5b9291f2.png

I can't cancel it either... Just started the new season and don't want to waste another season if it means I'm stuck... I think it usually says something like this if it will allow promotions:

image.png.24226dc126ba5c436d7a7c39fe0e3869.png

Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I know it's been a minute since I've been active in the challenge, but I've also felt the Caribbean itch and have picked back up my Barbados save. Team actually has some promising young talent so who knows maybe the 3rd trip to the NACL final won't end in heartbreak.

Do It Palpatine GIFs | Tenor

17 minutes ago, XaW said:

Uh.... just noticed this... Does this mean SI has set it up so I can't get promoted to Northampton?

image.thumb.png.6569c4dacd3a54af6b3429ff5b9291f2.png

I can't cancel it either... Just started the new season and don't want to waste another season if it means I'm stuck... I think it usually says something like this if it will allow promotions:

image.png.24226dc126ba5c436d7a7c39fe0e3869.png

Thoughts?

I have had this before and when I got promoted the partnership got automatically cancelled

Youth Challenge - Holyhead Hotspur (Wales)

Hi all. I am attempting the Youth Challenge for the first time. I have picked Holyhead Hotspur in Wales.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Club icon Jonathan Sletsjøe 30A deceided to end his career after last season, two years after turning grey haired. he's the only club icon we have produced. He's also club record goalscorer with 125 league goals. he playd most of his career as CM/AP.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.950a1b4ddfd6d28b2e14540feb299df7.png

image.thumb.png.d157591291e204482e44ea58b84521bf.png

At his Peak

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.567dfaa360d8045fadf3f8dc75104091.png

We now have a new u19 coach

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f6cbfcd853f2ba954cf935a781d6f96f.png

Also, the club has 3 players on loan I can't terminate. They will go into the youth team and not play until the loan finishes or I can terminate it somehow.

image.png.51bada5bd02816ec30eb2c424b747b9a.png

Also also, why do I have 10 goalkeepers in my 2 squads! :D

image.png.4f31857ec221a13b21f17ebc54ab1111.png

Welcome @OTron

No staff and 11 players seems about right :lol:

it’s why the first year is so crucial to just survive to the intake because whilst it might not be a great intake it gives you the glorious ability to rotate!

best of luck in Wales

2 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Good luck with Vitkovice @XaW I had a decent run with them but everything collapsed when too many players were sold. The badge and strip lured me in with them too :D

Thanks, I hope I can have success with them. Holidaying two seasons will also be a fun change of pace. :D Let's hope I can control my own sales this time!

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Welcome @OTron

No staff and 11 players seems about right :lol:

it’s why the first year is so crucial to just survive to the intake because whilst it might not be a great intake it gives you the glorious ability to rotate!

best of luck in Wales

Thanks @Neo_Geo. Strangely it's been a great first season, update to come soon.

1 hour ago, OTron said:

Looks like the club have decided to stay up we will need to be playing like prime Manchester City :eek:

spacer.png

Quite the ambitious board it would seem. Hopefully they back you up with the required facility improvements if they want you playing that way!

30652.png.1e28fb42b222192458f5ac9c4c4bfdb7.png

Tony Pizza is back - JS Kasba Tadla

20240729222205_1.thumb.jpg.321857dc4bd1cc7f4d5c5efabfce50d8.jpg

20240729223001_1.thumb.jpg.f181008a7db78567d9da9f77893b43b8.jpg

I couldn't keep away - after the success in India I wanted to get straight back into a new one.

Also - youth preview in the first season looks a bit tasty 

20240729225256_1.thumb.jpg.1a88dac191bd24143939d2e1bd5d30b0.jpg

1 hour ago, naterr said:

30652.png.1e28fb42b222192458f5ac9c4c4bfdb7.png

Tony Pizza is back - JS Kasba Tadla

20240729222205_1.thumb.jpg.321857dc4bd1cc7f4d5c5efabfce50d8.jpg

20240729223001_1.thumb.jpg.f181008a7db78567d9da9f77893b43b8.jpg

I couldn't keep away - after the success in India I wanted to get straight back into a new one.

Also - youth preview in the first season looks a bit tasty 

20240729225256_1.thumb.jpg.1a88dac191bd24143939d2e1bd5d30b0.jpg

Looks like a good challenge, good luck, With a preview like that surely a few walk into the senior team