The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, dkouv said:

Quick question for everyone: I got a model citizen U18 manager and a fairly professional HOYD, so I put the U18 manager in charge of the intakes, but the personalities keep being poor. Do you think putting the HOYD in charge of the intakes can improve the personalities because somehow he'd have a bigger influence on them than the U18 manager (even though his personality is not as good in general)?

Post screenshots of both. If the U18 Manager has bad WwY that could be affecting things as well as possibly if he's bad at being a HOYD as I think that still impacts how well he finds players for your intakes. Also remember you won't see any of the players the U18 manager finds for at least 3 years, though the personality spread should be impacted by the switch. Just if you're going off quality of players not just personalities you can only really judge that from seasons 4 - 8 after the switch. Hidden Ability Comment in Spoiler:

Spoiler

Something to keep in mind is that Model Citizen & Fairly Professional have the same range for Professionalism. Thus, you shouldn't expect a better ratio of professional players in your intake. What you gain from the model citizen is better in the ancillary Hidden Abilities. With information of what your HOYD & U18 Managers Media Handlings are you can narrow down what gains you're actually getting in the other options.

image.png.65b399ce094be11e274e2a7b13aa6da8.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

Im still in VNN in 2032 and we still have to fight for survival year to year but maybe my new intake can help to archieve a promotion to League 2 or atleast some seasons with less stress and drama. I just dont want every cross to be an thread. Those guys are my future and it looks kind of golden...

Does it make sense to ask the board for a B-Team or should I skip this until I'm in a higher league?

20240802223258_1.jpg

Edited by Scraborn

@WhiteCat33 Thanks, that's really helpful! Here they are

spacer.png spacer.png

Based on what you said I may indeed go for the HOYD given his higher working with youngsters attribute. Especially since my U18 manager is refusing to sign a new contract (he wants to manage to U21 squad apparently) U18 manager media handling is "evasive, unflappable", and HOYD is level-headed. So it looks like the U18 manager personality is better overall.

I didn't know about the 3+ year timing, very interesting - so for personality there should be an immediate effect, and for quality a delayed one? I haven't seen a personality improvement but could also be just bad luck.

Pushing on my save tonight and…..

image.gif.fbf24070078b98035246bc31b6c5ed6d.gif

I can’t put my finger on it but I need to spend my Saturday finding a new save, I haven’t got near to completing this challenge in FM 24 and I’m not pleased about that.

32 minutes ago, dkouv said:

@WhiteCat33 Thanks, that's really helpful! Here they are

spacer.png spacer.png

Based on what you said I may indeed go for the HOYD given his higher working with youngsters attribute. Especially since my U18 manager is refusing to sign a new contract (he wants to manage to U21 squad apparently) U18 manager media handling is "evasive, unflappable", and HOYD is level-headed. So it looks like the U18 manager personality is better overall.

I didn't know about the 3+ year timing, very interesting - so for personality there should be an immediate effect, and for quality a delayed one? I haven't seen a personality improvement but could also be just bad luck.

I would absolutely use your HOYD he's totally fine. 18 WwY, & 15 for both JPA & JPP. He's still studying coaching badges so he easily could go higher reputation considering he's so young.  Awesome to find a reasonably CAP international, even if its a lower-ranked country! Not sure if this still works, but it used to be possible to boost your HOYDs reputation if you put him in charge of Reserve / U18 matches. If they won the league he would get the credit and it would slowly build his rep as well as possibly his attributes.

Your U18 guy is actually a coach and not a Manager so I'm not surprised he's not doing as well. Something you could consider though is using this opportunity to search for actual HOYDs who are Professional / Model Professional. If you can get a coach like that with that level of reputation there's a chance your HOYD hiring options could get you an upgrade.

I'll be doing an update shortly, so I can go into detail of the differences I saw when i made the switch from Fairly Professional to Model Citizen with my HOYDs in this save.

Edited by WhiteCat33

Spoiler

For my St Lawrence save I just had a great intake so I’ll probably try and play at least 1 or 2 more seasons, but honestly it’s getting annoying constantly being a mid table Maltese PL team. I think I may cut my losses and do another save idea before the end of FM24.

On 30/07/2024 at 18:25, dgghrt said:

wow. Can I see your HOYD? Any tips as I've been a top half premier league team for like five years but the quality of intakes isn't of the level to break into top 4 contention.

HOYD

image.thumb.png.f63fc45e144208c9dcf30ec884d25ba0.png

I know this goes against what most do but I went for the one with the best stats, I didnt just go for personality. I think building up your teams reputation helps. I have had better intakes since I got a worldwide rep 

image.thumb.png.57e2ed7108d54a66decb1303c4f586b6.png

But I still think its mostly luck to be honest, I would say I'm very ruthless with players and  not many players make it past 28 in my team. Once I see a player I think has potential i play him straight away

@WhiteCat33 thanks a ton! So many years playing this challenge and still so much to learn :D I'll switch to the HOYD and put him in charge of the reserve teams, maybe once my rep goes up in the Championship I can get an upgrade on him too.

Season 4 was finally finished. Like the seasons before the odds before the start of the season put my squad at 600-1 and my squad on paper is supposed to be the weakest squad in the league.

https://i.postimg.cc/15FxPH7b/Season-preview.jpg

My team was for the first time competing in a european competition and when I was drawn against Ajax I was expecting to be demoted to the conference league right away. Lucikly for me Ajax wielded an out of shape back up team against me in the first leg and 4-1 victory away from home was a pleasant suprise. The second leg was much tougher and I was facing a completely different Ajax side but in the end I lost it 4-2 but went through 6-5 over the two matches. In the next round I went easily through against Hapoel Tel-Aviv and PAOK from Greece awaited me in the playoff round. I managed to draw 3-3 away from home and finished the job 4-3 at my home ground after scoring the winner in extra time. My team did okay in the league phase and managed to win against Quarabag and Ferencváros and then I got draws against A.Bilbao and Reims but a loss against polish side Legia at my home ground was a game I needed to win to advance to the next round but I my team was outclassed by Legia and the main issue I faced was a lack of depth but injuries to my defence line made things way to difficult.

https://i.postimg.cc/R0p9q07Y/europa-league-finish.jpg

My team had a really good season in the league and managed to end up second in the league but very far away from RB Salzburg. Several big teams are also coming for my high potential player Savic but both Fc Bayern and PSG have been closely monitoring him. I also got a very promising intake with a lot of usable players for the future. Hermann Albert, Tim Marx and Urh Koren really standing out to me. For the future uploads I think I will just post screenshots because I expect it to be a though grind for the next seasons and even if I managed to get second in the league my squad is nowhere near strong enough to compete for any trophies soon.

final-pos.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3Yz76yfP/fixtures.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vZQdznXj/youth-intake-preview.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/WsPpzFm0/youth-intake-very-good.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/TPsMf4GM/best-eleven.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/GmqnSp5p/youth-intake-very-good.jpg

16 hours ago, XaW said:

New season is going great here! :seagull:

image.png.ccda243b7489a3c34351c41a03b926f8.png

I have no idea what is happening to my team, but I'm struggling hard, and now the supporters are calling for my head... I can feel the board meeting approach!

Honestly, the crashing is simply stunning, we are losing a lot just about every match, and I don't understand why. Still using the same tactic I always use, and the players are better, but we are just poor. I hope I can turn it around, but no hints of it going better yet...

4 minutes ago, av3ry said:

I can see your problem. You ain't scoring enough :brock:

Oh, I know! :D

However we aren't creating chances anymore. 13 games into the season and we have 7 goals... xG? 9...! So yeah, we should score more, but not that much more. Just horrible. And when we are leaking goals too, it's not looking good! No clue why we play so poor all of a sudden...

Well, I decided it was fun to Czech out that league, but I think I'll go somewhere I feel more at home...

I think I understand why Croatia hasn’t been completed yet and I’m very thankful for my large squad.

Players must be 17 or older to play (except for the first league which allows 16 year olds to play if they have significant potential so I’ve no idea who determines that).

I made the mistake of irritating a few of the senior players who are now leaving so if I had a much smaller squad to start with I’d be in real bother.

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

I think I understand why Croatia hasn’t been completed yet and I’m very thankful for my large squad.

Players must be 17 or older to play (except for the first league which allows 16 year olds to play if they have significant potential so I’ve no idea who determines that).

I made the mistake of irritating a few of the senior players who are now leaving so if I had a much smaller squad to start with I’d be in real bother.

Correct haha, very annoying rule! 

I am currently on vacation, so not in the possibility to post screenshots but playing FM during the holiday.

I am on my 4th consecutive title in the league, in the CL nothing much to say, qualified for the next round but always got eliminated pretty soon after. I selected trough my seniors and let a lot of talent make the promotion to the first team, that is going very good with a firm lead in november. I will try to keep some updates live.

Terry Hamilton in Africa

I have decided to try and tackle Africa once more - but after announcing my team last time - and then being fired within 24 hours! (IRL time, not in game!) I have made sure that I lasted a few seasons before adding here. I will do the updates when I get back but I wanted to announce the team.

I avoided Morocco this time because of the last spectacular fail, and loaded up Egypt, Algeria, DR Congo, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Cameroon. Egpyt was my first choice, but after simming until the 25/26 season there were no promoted teams as the league re-organised itself, so I decided to ditch them too.

DR Congo and Ivory Coast were my next choice but Ghana looked too tempting. 

WAFA SC or West African Football Academy SC were just promoted, and they had amazing starting facilities for the challenge!

20240804221428_1.jpg.6d1a21b701ce9366309c58097e14001a.jpg

Those facilities were just too good to turn down...or so I thought!

Another team caught my eye! mainly because of the badge!

20240804221239_1.thumb.jpg.44dbd5dfb1d809ab9c08f3ee3092c202.jpg

Ashanti Gold is a name I have heard of in the past, they won Ghana's top division in 2015, so very recent! Their facilities are pretty decent too.

20240804221433_1.jpg.6dd88cc0d106a5274ecf642ceba9c930.jpg

There is the small matter of why they were relegated...and that is because they were found guilty of match fixing! Hopefuly the match fixing will work in our favour!

But look at the badge!

Ashanti_Gold_SC_logo.png.f5e7e30563971f11915407a1229b7fe4.png

I have been asked by the board to stop telling everyone about the match fixing, it was all a miss understanding. I know he means that as he gave me a bonus at the same time!

Oh, how I have missed you, my old friend Håvard Dalseth!

image.png.ffc6e21e4432220ac6552857f54b8e68.png

Needless to say, we are doing rather well! :D 

image.png.7e38fa5b5309426ef06ba2139292bca3.png

My save in Peru has come to an end. For some reason the second-round matches aren't being generated.

I don't know if the problem is DB's or my game's, but even using an older savefile doesn't solve it. :seagull::seagull:

1 hour ago, The7Striker said:

My save in Peru has come to an end. For some reason the second-round matches aren't being generated.

I don't know if the problem is DB's or my game's, but even using an older savefile doesn't solve it. :seagull::seagull:

That sucks.

One of the reasons why I tend to stick to vanilla leagues as I had something similar in Puerto Rico before

Turn 17 already!
S2-Turn17Already.thumb.png.5952b065e45746660e05350794b6a528.png

Sitting in the U19s, no match time other than the friendly appearance (when I finally realised I was able to play them there)

Turns out the Croatian First League doesn't have the 3 U21 starter rule though the 17 or over rule is still a thing

2 minutes ago, Daddy said:

image.thumb.png.bbec3934fe90e1068034ddc5a7a9f384.png

This is one of the most unique combination of nationalities and name of an intake player. 

Love the name, but I've heard there is a big diaspora of Vietnamese people in Czechia, thought I can't remember why...

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit, I actually convinced a player to not explore his options! And the result is that he fired his agent! I did not know this was possible... And now he signed a new contract! :D 

image.png.b60465d957549d6c7827a283196330f5.png

PFLWavn.png

caQKmAV.png

That’s definitely the first time I’ve seen that too @XaW

Ive had players consider their options and then when no one else comes in for them I can offer a new contract but that’s about it, never had them fire their agent…..loving it.

Ah, the new chairman after the election is hands on... thanks for that.... Of course you can sell one of my best players for peanuts, why wouldn't I be annoyed by it! :seagull:

2lLVdom.png

7 hours ago, XaW said:

Ah, the new chairman after the election is hands on... thanks for that.... Of course you can sell one of my best players for peanuts, why wouldn't I be annoyed by it! :seagull:

2lLVdom.png

I’ve never had my owner sell a player without my permission on FM. I know it’s a thing that can happen, but it’s never happened to me for whatever reason.

Hello everyone. I aint done this challenge in a while but I will be doing it again for FM24. Hoping to complete this before FM25 comes out.

I have decided to go back to France and probably look to manage SC Toulon again as I had many fond memories of managing them on FM22 when I last did this challenge. 

@darren1983 Any idea what day to save the game to get different teams in France please?

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Any idea what day to save the game to get different teams in France please?

For France, the 4th tier is visible, but not managble, so you can save scum whatever team you want in the 4th tier into 3rd tier and take over then. Or just holiday a season and take whatever happens as the season rolls over.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

For France, the 4th tier is visible, but not managble, so you can save scum whatever team you want in the 4th tier into 3rd tier and take over then. Or just holiday a season and take whatever happens as the season rolls over.

Yeah I had the 4th division greyed out and what I did was save it on 1st May and then holiday to June 19th but I kept getting the same teams. 

So I only had the leagues down to the French National league, saved it on April 1st and then holiday to June 19th and same thing happened.

I aint got a clue what I am doing wrong.

I never done this before.

I don't mind not being SC Toulon this time but I would like a half decent team. AS Cannes and Istres were teams that come up but I didn't fancy managing them much.

The only way I am getting different teams is literally starting fresh every time and holidaying to June 19th. Luckily it doesn't take much time to process through a season on my new laptop.

Just annoying :lol:

Thank you for your help.

27 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Hello everyone. I aint done this challenge in a while but I will be doing it again for FM24. Hoping to complete this before FM25 comes out.

I have decided to go back to France and probably look to manage SC Toulon again as I had many fond memories of managing them on FM22 when I last did this challenge. 

@darren1983 Any idea what day to save the game to get different teams in France please?

Yeah like XaW said, load the 4th division even though it's unplayable (though I think if you get relegated from the 3rd the 4th becomes active but don't quote me on that) and pick what team you like and just save scum their results. Obviously the worse team you pick the longer/harder it'll be to save scum their results. 

18 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I had the 4th division greyed out and what I did was save it on 1st May and then holiday to June 19th but I kept getting the same teams. 

So I only had the leagues down to the French National league, saved it on April 1st and then holiday to June 19th and same thing happened.

I aint got a clue what I am doing wrong.

I never done this before.

I don't mind not being SC Toulon this time but I would like a half decent team. AS Cannes and Istres were teams that come up but I didn't fancy managing them much.

The only way I am getting different teams is literally starting fresh every time and holidaying to June 19th. Luckily it doesn't take much time to process through a season on my new laptop.

Just annoying :lol:

Thank you for your help.

Load up a new save with all 4 tiers. Find a team in the 4th tier you want to manage. Holiday until they play a match, save, holiday a single day and if they win, holiday to the next match and repeat. Otherwise reload until they win. Do that until they have enough points to get promoted, then holiday until the season rollover and take over the team you scummed up into the 3rd tier and play as normal from there.