The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, lewis999 said:

Just tried starting my save in Greece. Loaded up the leagues and then before I went to holiday I just checked the club I want to take over and they only have 2 players despite me loading all their leagues. Anyone know why this could be happening?

Chances are you'll also run into the issue with the Greek second division requiring 10 homegrown at club players in the matchday squad. Seems like it will be fixed with the FM release, but not sure if the fix will apply to existing saves.

iqSHQgg.png

Youth was not really developing. Coaching wasn't great so training suffered. Board wouldn't improve much. With the older players falling off I made the calculated risk to sell off the older guys and ride or die with the youth players. 

lb7ubEY.png

it didn't go great! On to the next one!

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png.b2f489981f41acf778dc470326cff2f3.png

East Kilbride F.C.

I’m giving this challenge another go this year! I didn't have as much time to do it last year.

I’m heading off to Scotland to take charge at East Kilbride. I’ve actually managed them in a journeyman save I did a few years ago and they sacked me after three seasons, so hopefully this goes better.

hired.PNG.991ce090123ceec11961ef8a030ec5f8.PNG

Manager Profile

profile.thumb.png.f140e137e0f0a7dc39370fd37befbcc8.png

Season Preview

preview.PNG.e6baaa2a99ae1f05215bdb23a511d884.PNG

Squad

squad.thumb.png.9db65db9d065f7836a88367cef2f54f9.png

It should be an interesting challenge given how small the squad is. Hopefully our first intake gives us a few decent players mainly a keeper or two.

Edited by MoonMonster

18 hours ago, XaW said:

Some times teams don't have more players than that, and you have to settle for a lot of greys until the youth intakes comes along! Not an easy save!

They did last year and I have since found out that they have been accepted into the playable 2nd tier in 2021/22 but it was after data lock. (2 days ago) So I doubt it will be fixed. Would love to hear from anyone trying to do Greece. 

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Chances are you'll also run into the issue with the Greek second division requiring 10 homegrown at club players in the matchday squad. Seems like it will be fixed with the FM release, but not sure if the fix will apply to existing saves.

Yeah I doubt that will be fixed with existing saves. My idea is to wait until the 9th, run a holiday and see what happens. The Greek second and third tier has been re-structured irl. the team I want to be (Kavala) were supposed to be in the 3rd tier until 2 days ago where they got accepted late into the 2nd tier so no idea what is going to happen.

Let's give this a go! Fortuna Köln it is! 

1200px-SC_Fortuna_Koeln_Logo_since_2019_svg.thumb.png.3feca215cadb8bdfb5b250a95d648023.png

Chose Germany as it feels for me like the country where this might be a real life project for someone someday, also it is close to my heart so it made a lot of sense. Early thoughts: Not the worst of starting conditions but this is my first crack at this so who knows what is good and what is bad for this challenge. 

Manager Profile as well: 

639047053_Screenshot2021-11-03023718.thumb.png.ccca951588074986fa431cd4f371e97a.png

Edited by Solsol

Torslanda_IK_logo2_200.png.3cd617710ccc4e5627bf68d13acb9a6a.png

Torslanda Idrottsklubb - Sweden - Superettan (Tier2) - 2026: season 6 review

Intro

<FM21 - custom, edited database used>

- League  - Squad  - Finance - Transfers -

League

Only the fellow newly promoted Team TG FF was semi-profession side other than us, rest of the league is professional clubs. My plan was to overtake them and one other struggling Superettan side. Whohoo we made much more. In the first half of the season we occupied comfortable place at position 8. After that we started seriously declining and barely grabbed any points. Out of our 37 points we get only 12 during the second half of the season. Nonetheless it was still a great result but It is really a red light that we should keep our focus better and maybe give more rest to my starting eleven. Best player was Lindh once again but Rudin also contributed greatly and Hjelm joined to them as our best defender. 

Youth intake

The board approved our upgrade request so we have Good junior coaching and Adequate youth recruitment. These are quite good ratings on this level, only Brommapojkarna has better noticeable better facilities but they are famous for their youth academy. 

So the intake for this year was disappointing. Gustavsson the only real prospect who can make into the senior squad but it is still a long shoot. However we have a prospect with Model Citizen personality, never get before. I really hope that our next intake can only be better than this.

1941089036_youthintake.thumb.jpg.b4e0be0ca57422fb78243d565e1e6390.jpg

He have mediocre PA, hope our HoYD wrong here and he will develop nicely.

P_Olsson.thumb.jpg.45d0ffa5c1f7a69241c976453ccc89e0.jpg

Other - manager thoughts

We make around 50K EUR loss per month but the price money really helped us at the year end. We spent it immediately :) Our Youth training facilities will be upgraded but only will be completed during the next season. So far I managed to keep all of my players but it will be a real challenge. I tend to give a high asking price (750K-1000K EUR) during negotiation that frighten away the bigger Sweden teams and if the player become unhappy due to high asking price I ask other players to convince him. It is worked so far.

SummaryTable.png.4d6c0687eb0824db62faa31065c34de5.png

Edited by szasinka

Catch up post :) I made a progress during the weekend and with this update I reach myself.

Torslanda_IK_logo2_200.png.4ea0783596559dcd251a9fc690c26056.png

Torslanda Idrottsklubb - Sweden - Superettan (Tier2) - 2027: season 7 review

Intro

<FM21 - custom, edited database used>

- League  - Squad  - Finance - Transfers -

League

I was proud for my youths in the last season but they managed to raise the bar even more. I changed our basic formation once again to 5-2-3 wide, I did not have this habit before. I usually stick with one working tactic and train player into it, even with position retraining. For now I think it will remain for a while as it is granted a great season to us. We challenged the top through the season and our usually collapse come much later. During the last five match we draw three times and lost twice. It means that we dropped from second to third position in the end. Injury of starter GK, Blank and one of our star player, Rudin did not help us but we played badly anyway. We would not get more points with them from these games.

We qualified to the promotion playoff against the former Superettan champions, Degerfors IF. We had a great luck during the whole season, we won at least five games where we played clearly weaker then our opponents and we get this luck once again. Beat Degerfors to 5-2 at home where they have slightly better xG.

However the second leg still put us back to the earth and ended our fairytale. A heavy 6-2 loss....  Still it was a great season and showed that we have a good shoot to the promotion with some luck. 

Youth intake

Finally. Better, much better than last year. Our improved junior coaching and youth recruitment starts kicking in. Its shame that Numminen has a bad personalities, I would sign him if he had a half bad but this casual personality really kill my dream. A great Finnish youth.

1781519215_Youthintake.thumb.jpg.aa3a804df134f91ae5d56d61afb5a2a7.jpg

Sjöberg a great candidate for my Box-to-box role in the midfield.

1050029535_P_Sjberg.thumb.jpg.3d5527e92a13c7b766bed3b01503381f.jpg

Forssell has bad determination but I like him the most from our GK talents so far. With my Iron ruling he will improve his determination that's sure. He will be my first choice rather soon as he is just little weaker than Blank. 

P_Forssell.thumb.jpg.e314b812ba8cf263bfb0f1f6f9819aa4.jpg

Other
I still managed to keep all of my important players so far but it seems it will changed sooner than I wanted. The most crucials are my front three, Lindh, Axel Larsson and Rudin. After the end of this reported season during 2028 January Axel Larsson handed a transfer request that I turned down and Rudin also unhappy with his high asking price and cannot be convinced to drop it... at least Lindh did not get any offer (which is strange as he banged 35 goals). The chairmen do not step in so far but we started to get offers in a region where I fear that they will accept one. The clouds gather...

SummaryTable.png.a5475b1e20ad55ee22c674dab571e900.png

Edited by szasinka

Last season I gave the Ultimate Challenge a go, whilst I enjoyed the journeyman aspect of a save, it just wasn't what I've been used to in previous instalments of FM, I'd much rather build up a club from the depths of their football pyramid. So here I am, giving this challenge a go.

I decided to choose a nation that I haven't managed in for this, Germany was the destination. By the time I'd caught up with the rest of this thread I was already one season deep and I'd managed to choose a team that someone else has already started with... 

Out of the four promoted teams I went with the club that I had heard of, a club that had some recent history of competing in the Bundesliga, Energie Cottbus. Apologies to @Elsjorro for taking the same route, maybe we can spur each other on in this challenge! Season 1 update to follow.

1200px-Logo_Energie_Cottbus_svg.thumb.png.8016527748a4a1374b098b18d983561f.png

120593527_StartingProfile.png.a1dddc6c770c1d83606271fe89d0d5b8.png

Edited by Libertine13

UMF Njardvik vector logo

XaW - Ungmennafélag Njarðvíkur - Season 2023 - Inkasso-deild karla

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A good season here, as we finished in the same spot, but with more points than last season. The first few seasons is all about getting in youth players and phase out the older original players for me. So that part is well on its way.

We are losing serious money, each and every month. We do need something to happen here otherwise it's not looking good for the long term future.

Deildabikar: We finished 3rd in our group. Behind Vestmannaeyja and Haukar, but ahead of Víkingur R, Afturelding, and Þór.
Bikarkeppni karla: We beat Kórdrengir before we lost to FH in the 3rd round.

Youth intake:

nFKP4wr.png

A strong intake with loads of talented players.

b3IblWm.png

Speedy and decent technique and dribbling is nice for a winger. Needs some work on crossing though.

bdTbjVn.png

SBkouFw.png

dJ8cc0f.png

U19s:

They only played friendlies.

Trophy cabinet

None

cnNrgMH.png

Panachaiki - Youth Intake - March 2023

Panachaiki F.C. - Wikipedia

Still playing the Greek save for now, but may restart upon full release if I encounter any more problems with the save. This is a very talented intake however, and the addition of HGC players will help with squad selection requirements.

Spoiler

bxEG1c.jpg

Spoiler

3OfW72.jpg

Kosmas Tsivginidis (23a) will get playing time over a greyed-out player at M(L) as soon as I can sign him to a professional contract, since youth contracted-players cannot play league matches in Greece. A Fairly Professional personality will hopefully spell development.

Spoiler

V1qKup.jpg

Stelios Kalamidas (23b) will be the main competition for the above prospect.

Spoiler

A9zByC.jpg

Alexis Karybas (23g) is really intriguing. I haven't decided whether to play him as a BWM(D) or as a DLF(A), both roles I think he could grow into. Unfortunately, the Ambitious personality with 16 determination means that his professionalism is low, or else he could have a Fairly Ambitious personality.

Spoiler

SlYLHg.jpg

1200px-Logo_Energie_Cottbus_svg.thumb.png.f3fd4757bda7738e9e7741726b546cb3.png

2022/23

One win in our first ten games really questioned whether I'm up for this challenge or not, it didn't help that in my determination to keep hold of three of our better players when offers came in, the whole squad were on my back and questioning my ability and authority.

The board kept faith with me through this early spell of poor results and an unhappy dressing room, thankfully. And with a realisation of having to play a more simple style of direct football we managed to pull ourselves clear of the relegation zone. In fact we went from strength to strength, slowly rising up the table and finishing 6th. Remarkably we only lost twice in the second half of the season!

448302988_2023LeagueTable.png.09e926560a92d25bf92c2cae15030fbb.png

It was looking like experienced centre half, Matthias Rahn, would end up as our top goal scorer. His 6'5 frame, 18 jumping and 17 heading ability made him one hell of a threat from set pieces as he grabbed 10 goals in 34 appearances! But our Russian forward, Maximilian Proichev, found his shooting boots in the second half of the season to top the goal scoring charts for us.

On to the reason why we're here... We were hopeful of an excellent intake of youth this season.

91424580_DecemberPreview.png.56bb7f11facfc4281ade3ac9f4fb8384.png

There were 6 players regarded as elite talents that came through, all with very high potential but a little low on the current ability as you'd expect. I personally think Ali Akbulut (Attacking Midfielder) could possibly end up in the first team squad come the end of next season.

509255051_2023YouthIntake.png.4e1472bf93f7a571fd323b31a52e9327.png

The board had pretty much turned me down for any requests to improve the youth system or the development of youth players, probably due to the poor club finances. However they did decide to look into building a new stadium!

195500935_StadiumPlans.png.e857d0b3a0ac312620450a4d11705e18.png

Another season completed in Liga NOS for Beira Mar and another improvement (just about) on last season!

Got to hope we can avoid having our best players taken and we might be able to have a look at the top six now some of the youth players are hitting good stats.

375841231_BM3031.thumb.PNG.383651fe2e43319f74fa7750cc7b26f8.PNG

The youth intake was also pretty good, with the left back Varin potentially going in as my starting fullback in the coming season...

Youth3031.thumb.PNG.80134e84054759de41bb18134d085f06.PNG

MV.thumb.PNG.c094fbd54caab655a0c35c6e18041e7b.PNGST.thumb.PNG.e0fe1adfad42b04f790c8060c05fbe88.PNGAV.thumb.PNG.96e106bc6cf761bae78f0ad74a47b120.PNGAD.thumb.PNG.09d7bf4f413591f16724b5ae69b78f4c.PNGJC.thumb.PNG.0e3ac970b1e8b29b93b66f1100869ea8.PNG

Wanted to share this one with you guys:

20211102201545_1.thumb.jpg.ca4c8846843d932481630dfa15124eb4.jpg

Christmas is coming early this year. 2 Good CB's, one good AMC, 2 good strikers and a decent VMC. Lets hope we get what is promised. It looks like upgrading some youth facilities really payed off. 

Panachaiki F.C. - Wikipedia

Panachaiki - End of Season - June 2023

What a season this was. Not entirely sure what kind of impact the HGC rule had on all the clubs, but it meant we needed to play two greyed-out players in the starting XI and fill 7 more on the bench. Just a simple 4-4-2 worked wonders at limiting opponent chances and creating just enough to get by ourselves. This was helped by our 37-year-old ST(C) finishing as the second highest league goalscorer. Finances are hovering around zero with the chairman injecting enugh finds to keep us from going entirely bankrupt. Our wage expenditure is miniscule, so not much we can do to turn a profit at the moment. Next season will be tough in the Greek top flight. Luckily there is no automatic relegation, so we will always have a chance to win the playoff against the best second tier side if we end up finishing last in the top flight. Three of our starters are retiring after this season however, so there will be holes to fill.

Spoiler

IM2lpY.jpg

Spoiler

sLv8le.jpg

Spoiler

pVlYK8.jpg

Spoiler

hHYS4c.jpg2UT3zm.jpgLvoaNw.jpgnyxTWO.jpg

Spoiler

v8ePGT.jpg

Spoiler

FnE8yd.jpg

6MOhcY.jpg

Youth Intake No.4 - 2026

Okay it's another excellent intake (just like the previous three) but I'm not overly enthused again really. Unless this keeper really is something he won't be displacing the current no.1 and it's just not a position we're worried about at the moment. It feels like another year to keep improving our top prospects but maybe that centre-back will be a surprise, we do need one of those in fairness.

image.thumb.png.e36789b9bc664e63250204a22ad6e6f0.png

#FM20

Chesham United 2022/2023 - season 3

Vanarama National South

Table.JPG.678c0eb05bd1a07975ff66a89b59cd9b.JPG

Graph.JPG.bdd7386ec8ecd8792652ce5faf4b57fa.JPG

A difficult season, as we were struggling to stay clear of the relegation zone for much of the season.

In the end we only lost 8 points compared to previous season, but the decline felt worse as we could only string a few results together at the end of the season.

I played a bit with 4-2-3-1 in the cup games, using Clayton as a left winger, and it made us little harder to beat while also generating less goals. We were a tough nut to crack for Vanarama National clubs. I might be implementing this next season in the bigger games. The usual 4-4-2 is very direct and adventurous, which sees us regularly leaking 3 or 4 goals against stronger opponents. 

Cups

We reached the first round of the FA Cup, in which we lost to Ebbsfleet

Same goed for FA Trophy: first round loss to Swindon

Transfers.JPG.ecf71b5a3b9ceb942e5d9ba371ab93e0.JPG

Squad

Squad.thumb.JPG.12f4756d994750008435708b4676b35e.JPG

Although they are not yet up to VNS level qualitywise, regens Bromage, Glendon and Russell are holding their own pretty well and should be carrying the team for the forseeable future. John Webb was a surprise package, he wasn't marked as a huge talent but developed very quickly in his first year in U18. He claimed a starting spot after a few games and hasn't left the team since. Chris Adams and Paul Clark are ready to replace Philpott and Onyemah, but those two are too important to bench just yet.

Murphy is turning 36 soon and will be benched in favor of Darren Bell, who at 19 years finally started developing his CA into yellow stars. Martin is 34 but there's not really a backup for him. Adams will get more playing time at MR to aid his development. Steve Brown is retiring and David Pearce will leave on a free transfer.

Bunting and Clayton were - again - the reason we ended the season in relative safety.

Youth Intake

I was promised a golden generation, a great centre back and a talented Angolan winger:

Youth.JPG.106cf0baec1f3002768c3917a09d7ede.JPG

I'm satisfied, but I wouldn't call this a golden generation. The centre backs are, well, not there and the Angolan winger is decent at best.

Also, this Jordan Henderson is exactly the type of player the real one is. Just worse.

Harrop.JPG.1d89e3fa8ec8e424ae49286a1416bcef.JPG

Harrop is going to the first team, mainly to be mentored but also because he could add depth to our left side options.

Taylor.JPG.e12903cb672d71df34b707d3d85953b9.JPG

Anthony Taylor has lost some years and gained some hair. Those facts are enough to be interested to see what he can develop into. Our right side will probably have an opening in a year.

Flynn.JPG.fa8de263565dc68874dfafb36c37a1cc.JPG

Flynn needs some mentoring too, and I kind of like his starting point. We have enough left backs for now but he could be useful in time.

Finances

Finances.thumb.JPG.eb161d1b7585beca20916df1b2cbb305.JPG

Look mom, no money!

I honest don't know how to generate money in the forseeable future. Board won't even let me or the staff do coaching courses. I need sellable players or a surprise promotion.

<3

Edit: removed attachment

Edited by BustaRaymes

Cottbus 2032-2033

So, no losses this time around. It is pretty quiet around our players. So that's a good thing i suppose.

So let's start with the preview this time. I allready shared it: It was an absolute banger of an preview. So if the game is going to be nice to me, we can expect a lot of potential first team players. We are especially in need of decent strikers. And to be very specific: i need a fast striker who can finish better than 4/20.

20211102201545_1.thumb.jpg.348238c7d2ba5642e66ba0cfec0b9e8a.jpg

The intake itself: OMG. So from the back of my head: Pressolat, Gunaydin and Hortnagl are going right into the first squad. Geisler, our best midfielder who has been here since the beginning, is going downhill pretty fast. So its good to know we have something coming that will take that spot hopefully. And with Hortnagl (Best name ever) we got our so needed striker. As soon as he hit 16 he went into the squad and delivered instantly with 3 goals in 5 matches. Man this is gonna be good. I feel the iprovements finally are paying off. We again upgraded everything. We now have:

Good trainingfacilities

Best Youthfacilities

Exceptional youth

Exceptional scouting

20211103190520_1.thumb.jpg.e4190522b6e321b1d433bde7c3889824.jpg

20211103190524_1.thumb.jpg.5ffed3ca08bde7fa25ce100e9090c17d.jpg

20211103190527_1.thumb.jpg.7b3cb75da078320fc7a10e546f18e44e.jpg

So here they come:

Schulteze, will need a lot of work. I think Lekaj will be more talented.

20211103190530_1.thumb.jpg.2d7e21fa5e73a3dcb2c69b89fc16d69f.jpg

Pessolat. I would love to make him an ML, but i think thats a pitty because he will be a ver very decent playmaker. 

20211103190534_1.thumb.jpg.ae5269f795a55c29c78925f49b96b964.jpg

Landshutter, could be our future MR:

20211103190538_1.thumb.jpg.731e9ef0b0e535bd353f17da7726f2f8.jpg

Schultze: Need some help with this one. if i can get his physic up, i would love to make him a CB. 

20211103190541_1.thumb.jpg.06cda1819a392f3d8c8e2fd844ebb56b.jpg

Gunaydin. He is a CB he says, but im not buying it with 6 for heading. So he will be a MC to. 

20211103190544_1.thumb.jpg.c98cd73425b4651b21a2ba7a860790e4.jpg

Our new world class striker. Finally a striker with decent finishing. Im allready a season further then this one, i can tell u: He is lit.

20211103190549_1.thumb.jpg.0b35819e751dda9dfb53e89e75306bf5.jpg

Karbstein, what is it with these strikers with **** finishing? Completly useless, but he has talent so we gonna try to make something different out of him

20211103190603_1.thumb.jpg.e1a658a112c44b31e27d146b93751df5.jpg

Decent LB. Hope he makes it, cause Forro seems to be at his max capabilities with 3 stars. 

20211103190608_1.thumb.jpg.87b14c6a5e34d600e29f08dc81fa5b73.jpg

So the season itself:

20211104093816_1.thumb.jpg.74d93ba96ed1e48d7a37c91b074b9efc.jpg

So, i changed in a lot of youngsters again. I was very happy to see that we didnt really lose more points than usual. Martins became a regular as soon as he hit 16 and also Hortnagl came in when he hit 16. Filled with All time legends like Osei, Haupstein and Alhassan this is gonna be a good bunch. Im quite certain, if they all stay and develop they way i would like to see, we can hit top bundesliga 2. in about 3/4 seasons.

20211104093324_1.thumb.jpg.d329b594f37725aeae701bd1a77bd213.jpg

20211102144453_1.jpg

20211103190552_1.jpg

20211103190600_1.jpg

20211104133226_1.jpg