The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

7 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Why on earth are the board renting in Oslo...? That's a 7+ hour drive for each home game... That seems a bit over the top! Good season though!

cbqN37m.png

We are based in Strand. Is around 20 min drive.:D

Drive.PNG.90ca4165f6da73d45ce5f7badf0b64e3.PNG

Edited by The7Striker

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

We are based in Strand. Is around 20 min drive.:D

Drive.PNG.90ca4165f6da73d45ce5f7badf0b64e3.PNG

Aren't you Staal Jørpeland? That team is located in Rogaland (at the place I marked in the post above). 

AC6HpLK.png

6 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Aren't you Staal Jørpeland? That team is located in Rogaland (at the place I marked in the post above). 

AC6HpLK.png

Well i guess the problem is in editor:

Stadium.thumb.PNG.ffaca515a7e5f48f2f316b4fcc0e4c24.PNG

For some reason the City is Strand :lol:

Edited by The7Striker

2 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Well i guess the problem is in editor:

Stadium.thumb.PNG.ffaca515a7e5f48f2f316b4fcc0e4c24.PNG

Well, it depends on where "Strand" is. I looked it up further and Strand is the Municipality that Jørpeland is in.

AY6FMbk.png

Strand is one of the most common place names in Norway, since it means "Beach" after all. So you are located there, and the move to Oslo really don't make sense.

1 minuto atrás, XaW disse:

Well, it depends on where "Strand" is. I looked it up further and Strand is the Municipality that Jørpeland is in.

AY6FMbk.png

Strand is one of the most common place names in Norway, since it means "Beach" after all. So you are located there, and the move to Oslo really don't make sense.

A 7h drive is good for team bonding :lol:

Fm things

1 minute ago, The7Striker said:

A 7h drive is good for team bonding :lol:

Fm things

Haha, yeah, that's why I just couldn't understand it! I mean, if you would rent some place in Stavanger or Sandnes it would be much more likely. Heck even Bergen would make more sense than this! :D 

1 minuto atrás, XaW disse:

Haha, yeah, that's why I just couldn't understand it! I mean, if you would rent some place in Stavanger or Sandnes it would be much more likely. Heck even Bergen would make more sense than this! :D 

To be fair when i seach i tought it was that Strand not the 7 hour one :lol:

image.png.b8f271c9d3b5399e4e40432d4b211f36.png

Beira-Mar – Season 7 – 2028/29 Opening Games

65460754_ResultsJuly-October.png.d636bbcbc48dd5d25a59787b8a67426f.png

For the first time in a very long time, we found ourselves losing our first two games of the season, before we managed to beat Benfica B away from home. Our cup defeat before our first league games meant that we have gone into the that game having lost 3 games on the bounce, we then finished the month with just 3 points from 4 matches. However, we started to pick up some form, with 2 draws and 2 wins in all competitions.

664010724_LeagueAfter7Games.png.2436c733131622f84d055f8c545260ae.png

It really told me a lot just how consistent we can be when we are almost always getting 8-9 points in the opening 7 matches in a league campaign, but to truly make any progress with this team, we need to be fighting for promotions and soon.

For more of a look at the goals we scored and how well we ended up playing, feel free to watch my latest video down below, where I talk about Sandoval's potential successor.

JLAB's YAC with Beira-Mar Part 40

image.png.80149b09652981ba9281974e92dac588.png

Heibei Kungfu FC

My new save is in China. I joined Hebei Kungfu FC to develop a shaolin soccer style. Hebei is located close to Beijing in a town called Shijiazhuang. With 11 millions people living there, I have good hope that the mix between football and traditional kungfu will bring a lot of people to my 30.000 seats stadium.

20211219180914_1.thumb.jpg.6016c7f1cd6d845e120da82002a9a61c.jpg20211219180943_1.thumb.jpg.3107d5d6c30c3a451b632f1e78a0cd9c.jpg

20211219180920_1.thumb.jpg.8562521c70af111fe6ef0d8b9692597c.jpg20211219180932_1.thumb.jpg.f0b4f6119e0e583581cc81405c98fdf8.jpg

I have added the logo manually, but sometimes the miniature doesn't show correctly. Club was founded in 2020 and renamed in 2021.

Odds 34-1, predicted 14th/18. No staff, I will recruit only with annonces at the start. 21 players, the squad is decent. But those wages man, they wouldn't earn a tenth of that anywhere else.

A crazy move by an incompetent board that has put me far behind on this challenge. We just sold our best player to Stuttgart for £7 million. We are in the upper half of the table in the 2nd Bundesliga and our finances our good. So unrealistic that it actually is more laughable than anything. 

1353586042_2021-12-1920_45_25-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.ebfa73ab9243cd562bf607d62482d60d.png      1139267016_Skjermbilde(1).thumb.png.0dd4d8b692d3dc9787e186a871539555.png

OAp7KqB.png

Intake Preview:

aAEqo2Y.png

Midseason Table:

dJ2D0fH.png

Team has dipped into the relegation zone a few teams. Still hopeful to survive. Couple vets want to leave so some of last year intake will have to get some time most likely. 

V5wadaK.png

Can't convince the board to go professional, but at least another upgrade.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb sgevolker:

Hi Guys,

every year I think about doing this challenge. Every year I think I‘m not good enough and do not have enough patience to play it. How the hell are you playing so fast?

Well that would interest me too... i already need at least 2 hours to get trough season preparation...

8 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi Guys,

every year I think about doing this challenge. Every year I think I‘m not good enough and do not have enough patience to play it. How the hell are you playing so fast?

2 hours ago, Forest said:

Well that would interest me too... i already need at least 2 hours to get trough season preparation...

When I play normally, I use a lot of time searching for new players,  scouting for the next big wonderkid, thinking about where I should strengthen my team and so on. That part of the game is absent in this challenge. I am comfortable with hitting continue much faster than I normally would.

But then again I am not as fast as some of the other players in here. But it is the road that I enjoy, not necessarily the destination.

Edited by fries

9 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi Guys,

2 hours ago, Forest said:

As someone who plays rather quickly, I can say that for me the first seasons especially is not that much about the results (other than starving off relegation), and more about getting through a few of them to actually get in some players. Since there is no need to scout or look for talent, the only thing to worry about is training and tactics. Training goes pretty fast, and when you have done it a few times, the individual setup needed is quite quick as well. From then on, it's just monitoring things at a glance and do a full review a few times a year.

For tactics, well, that depends on how much you like to tinker. I'm not very tinker happy, so I pretty much only do stuff if I'm in a pickle. I don't really care about the results initially, other than cups, since they often generate the money! :D 

When I play matches I always use 2D. It gives me a better overview of my tactic and I just prefer it like that. And I don't spend too much time changing things inside matches, I do my subs and then either leave things as they are, go attacking to score a winner/draw, or shut up shop. All based on the result. So the matches go quite quickly as well.

Other than that, it's mostly clicking continue and eagerly await the next intake to see if my squad will improve!

When I start to have a competitive squad for my division and I think I can go up (or win anything), then I slow down a bit and try to get the best out of each match. Also, when I play in lesser leagues and have become dominant, then I really only care to make sure we win the league every year and only slow down for the continental matches, and the odd cup final.

So that's how I play, at any rate. :) 

34 minutes ago, jduggan1 said:

In France do you start in the National 1 or National 2?

National 1. 2 is not available to take over, unfortunately. So any team that was promoted to the Championnat National.

@libbyshussamazing! what a run mate. If I won 2 European trophies back to back by being able to sign players I'd be delighted, so you doing it with your own academy players, incredible. Love this thread, I'm doing a German save just now, I'm going to give this a go once I'm finished in Germany.

image.png.a5a778b13402801c43657c46bc758b1d.png

Beira-Mar – Season 7 – 2028/29 Youth Intake Preview

1201640218_ResultsOctober-December.png.511407684033d56123d4d3dc241f5b98.png

So our season has seen us struggling with some questionable performances, but also pick up some good wins too. We have struggled to get goals though.

1853946463_LeagueAfter15Games.png.8683da8165fefdfa40a59a24973ac590.png

Despite that, we are 5 points clear of the relegation playoff zone, and 8 points clear of the relegation zone. Thankfully, it appears that we're not going to be in a relegation fight, right?

2082840791_Beira-MarYouthIntakePreview.png.f49c46e7c4b7578430425eb1b026a1df.png

So our first youth intake preview with João Moreira as my Head of Youth Development looks really promising. I just hope that it is as promising as the preview suggests.

If you guys want to have a closer look at the how the games have been playing, feel free to watch my latest video.

JLAB's YAC with Beira-Mar Part 41

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

@libbyshussamazing! what a run mate. If I won 2 European trophies back to back by being able to sign players I'd be delighted, so you doing it with your own academy players, incredible. Love this thread, I'm doing a German save just now, I'm going to give this a go once I'm finished in Germany.

cheers! It happened just as i was getting a little disillusioned with this save as well. The timing couldn't have been better!

I love these youth only saves - not sure i'll be able to play any other way now!

Is sending players out on loan the way to go this year? I'm surprised how much some of my players have improved while in loan in lower divisions, specialy compared to those in my U20 or even to the ones that have played 10-15 first team matches.

Anyone noticing anything similar?

5 minutes ago, ANGL said:

Is sending players out on loan the way to go this year? I'm surprised how much some of my players have improved while in loan in lower divisions, specialy compared to those in my U20 or even to the ones that have played 10-15 first team matches.

This was mentioned prior to the update. Not sure if it still the same?

spacer.png

AS ARAPIRAQUENSE - SEASON 3 (2024)

Manager Profile - Transfers - First team Squad 1, 2 - Finances - Club Facilities

SERIE B

spacer.png

What a rollercoaster of a season. Our objective was to fight against relegation and we were tipped as favourites for it. But then we started winning games and made an excelent first half of the championship, so we were siting in promotion places. I have never done back to back promotions, and this weren't again the case: when things started to get serious, I got this streak:

spacer.png

One win in 16 games sent us back to our place, but with a over 20 points margin over relegation, which never was a threat. Will hace to re-think my tactics, as it is quite clear that my 442 diamond gegenpress is no longer working

CAMPEONATO DE ALAGOAS

spacer.png

spacer.png

Winners! We won our first trophy, beating our rivals in the state championship.

CAMPEONATO NORDESTE

Out in the preliminary stages for the third year in a row - doesn't look like my competition.

COPA DE BRASIL

Beaten in second round agaisnt Tombense, who ended up relegated in our division.

TOP GOALSCORER AND BEST RATED PLAYER - Darlisson (27 & 7.11)

YOUTH INTAKE

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jose Gilmar 3A, Paulo Henrique 3B and Guilherme Augusto 3C are our top players in the intake, who may have some oportunities in the first team sooner than later. Still craving for a good centre back.

SAVE SUMMARY

spacer.png

ACADEMY PLAYERS

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ANGL said:

seems to be. Makes more sense to be fair as it's what happens in the real world.

I've been loaning out at 18/19 if they're nowhere near the first team and had some nice surprises around 21/22

2 hours ago, ANGL said:

Yup. Love the change - lots of talent dying on the vine. You need to play your players to see them progress - the 16 year old I played every week grew great even without high professionalism. 

I'm playing in Wales (not sharing as I have the editor on) and finding it very hard to loan players out though... my affiliate doesn't want my dross :(

OAp7KqB.png

2023-2024 Review:

OWKKZrj.png

z1BnA9b.png

Not particularly inspiring. The issue is scoring and I've tinkered a bit but haven't found the right mix. Three players from the 2023 intake received some playing time, but no one is quite banging down the door for starting positions yet. There's no U18 league so it's all friendlies.

2024 Youth Intake:

EpSXHVw.png

KlRnx2U.png

As stated above, no one here ready to step in yet. Still another nice intake with players that have potential to develop into better than my current quality.

2024-2025 Preview:

iSgxvDs.png

gzdKd03.png

It looks to be another struggle. I've petitioned the board to go professional repeatedly. I really think getting full time training would help push the team forward. 

L2G2jiW.png

Since the board won't go professional I "invested" the money the team is making on fancy kits. Rackspace and Jeep have been a go to for me as they fit cleanly on almost all I've ever messed around with.

Edited by Daddy

image.png.d8af5ef3561b388d62e63d30585569a3.png

Beira-Mar – Season 7 – 2028/29 We're Being So Wasteful!

779095183_ResultsDecember-February.png.320ad91ee2799ab59bb839b485f04b63.png

So we've found ourselves picking up two more victories, but then found ourselves going 5 games without a win, which is not ideal, however, we did pick up 8 points from 7 games, which is still decent to avoid relegation.

1127476939_LeagueAfter22Games.png.ad08b9fea9ce4e366d57f8dab5773434.png

Despite not winning a game in 5 games, we're still in 12th place and gave already won as many games this season as we did last season. With a 7 points clear of the relegation playoffs and 8 points clear of the relegation zone, we are now feeling more like a mid-table team than a relegation side, I'm happy.

For more reason to see why I believe we are being so wasteful this season, feel free to watch my latest video linked down below. 

JLAB's YAC with Beira-Mar Part 42

@sgevolker @Forest Im guessing 20 seasons qualifies as fast? Most this far are playing saves that started the day the beta was released (myself included).

Same situation for me here as @fries. No transfers speeds up my play significantly. I also delegate a lot like the training calendar, youth team stuff, u21 everything etc. Lots of loaning out of youth also lowers how much time you focus on them as you cant adjust training when they are away. 

The other big help is having a computer that can process days fast for the leagues you have loaded. I had to switch to a laptop recently due to a dead graphics card and my play has slowed down substantially. While it will lower your realism when you hit European competition you can just go single league small database to make the days fly by. Always remember you can add leagues later so once you're fighting in Europe you could boost what's loaded if you want more of a challenge. 

While I know I could maybe gain a few points a season diving into specific tactical tweaks for each match I just always use my assistants reqs for opposition instructions and then just adjust during the match on a slower speed to start before speeding up the Sim. Once In a while I give up an early goal but usually it's not a problem. 

On 20/12/2021 at 13:05, ANGL said:

I concur with the choir, loan's are the way. Even with great level facilities sending them on loan tends to be better for me. Also check the contract once they are loaned out. I've noticed most times when they go to a semi-pro outfit they actually train with their parent club so you actually don't lose out on them developing with your coaches and training full time. 

22 hours ago, V50 said:

Yup. Love the change - lots of talent dying on the vine. You need to play your players to see them progress - the 16 year old I played every week grew great even without high professionalism. 

I'm playing in Wales (not sharing as I have the editor on) and finding it very hard to loan players out though... my affiliate doesn't want my dross :(

With the editor on can you see any changes in the nation youth rating with the new dynamic element? 

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

With the editor on can you see any changes in the nation youth rating with the new dynamic element? 

Not far enough in (on the start of season 4, fluked a Welsh cup with literally the easiest run ever (Druids in the final, no TNS, who finished 4th last season), and sitting pretty in the black. I only used it to fix the transfer list for non contract bug by giving them a contract, removing transfer listing, then setting them back to non contract. 

I get through games quickly by using an instant result skin though, which some may or may not use

84107199.png.6c59f009e14e9d79d3d703f202d25c3e.png

Africanos Bragança - Portugal - Youth Intake - Class 2025

Preview

3764a0c46818c1b1dbf4c548bdcdb86e.png

b7229c01a7f9cd5d0507e2e9dce378fd.png

This class is good determination and personality wise. Got a 3.5* CA player , our best ever youth intake player.

54000a198c130dea9fffa0fef7e71bd4.png

6db4ece117f84ca2aa65e7ce2c5045c1.png 32c91f4b144f028fa6f4e4de544a2fba.png 
Varela 25A has the best PA , Evora 25J has the best Ca . with 3.5 CA . He is our best intake player since starting this save. He won't be able to play before he gets homegrown.. in two seasons.

2bb465ea0e28b59ec70702bbc886f17c.png

67725b137eb0a6becc5ce0672d8ac157.png

OAp7KqB.png

HkNXRqo.png

Hot damn that's a preview

B56lhJh.png

6-14 are all fairly tight so a bit of movement there. Team is playing better without much apparent development from young players. 

8OSLsD3.png

LOtQvuu.png

Still can't get them to go professional, but at least able to get some other upgrades.

Cottbus 2048-2049:

Im falling behind again with updating, so i hope i got all the screens saved.

So with Roda JC we got a new sattelite club that we can send some players to. 1860 Munchen doesnt seem to get out of the 3th bundesliga, so lets see if this is gonna bump the edjucation of the players a bit.

20211222094005_1.thumb.jpg.b29c280b732c74b0c00e498e923edafb.jpg

So as far as previews go, this was yet again a pretty decent review. Some defenders, some midfielders. Could really use a world class striker, but i would be very happy with some defenders yes. I still havent had a single Bundesliga worthy CB.

preview.thumb.jpg.f594a785601a99531d1a5d11ab84b4ae.jpg

So, no central defenders but we do get some talented boys. Heinrich is a pretty decent option, Lemmens could be a light version of Nijhoff and Hesselbach might be the best CB we will have, but thats due to the others being so ******.

Intake.thumb.jpg.68e1d393cbcdc8d502a79d0e8a56bdc3.jpg

Braunlein.thumb.jpg.cab18295f4280efd12b53b08fd4bade4.jpg

Heinrich.thumb.jpg.9f35ac7d2bbe16772227b7cba41a14c4.jpg

Herceg.thumb.jpg.da4bbbfb53318c0beb56240ea5dc5fdf.jpg

Hesselbach.thumb.jpg.cc655156bf8ea1ebfb81b8c0858b9e81.jpg

Lemmens.thumb.jpg.613e662876a943ec6ce46a948b4874d2.jpg

So, after Dogan being a multi german International, we had to wait a few seasons till the next one came. Pena is normally part of the squad, but as a 3th goalkeeper, he didnt get a cap. Nickel did:

883216378_Nickeldebuut.thumb.jpg.689736ed27456622775a4d811e90d92d.jpg

So how did the season go:

Eindstand.thumb.jpg.1e30b02f140fd0ae02ec10d8b47ff09a.jpg

Pretty decent. It seems me and Borussia are the teams that are fighting eachother for the title. This year was pretty clearly for Borussia. No big deal. 

Europe: So, normally we get trough the groupstage quite easily. This year, we didnt have a very hard group ( i thought). But they gave us hell. Luckily, 7 points were enough to get trough to the next round, where we met Atletico. We did allright at home, but away we had to many suspensions so we lost. The team needs to be top of the game to fight these kind of teams.

20211222094031_1.thumb.jpg.6803dc1c5662cefe9c29e97816526fdd.jpg

Stats.thumb.jpg.4089c20c7c3a4992fa7eb4911c0b760c.jpg

We get a player poached by United:

Petrovic.thumb.jpg.cc5db0f821f1e9d5ba97a330a7ad99af.jpg