The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when I holidayed the season before I took over at SC Toulon I changed my settings to save every 5 years just to quicken the process of holidaying. 

I then get to January in my first season with Toulon only for my laptop to weirdly crash and I forgot to change the settings back d'oh :seagull:

So ignore that previous post unless I am lucky again but I will post my preview when I get there again.

So frustrating.

Ok, so I have one major issue in Slovakia. It's for this season only, so I'll manage it, but still.

kwBuPiI.png

I need to have a Slovak U21 player in the starting 11. Not an issue for this challenge, except the squad I took over don't have any! So before the match I get a grey U21. Now, I don't want to use any greys, so here is what I'll do. I'll start him and sub him out for a real player as soon as the game starts. Not ideal, but it's what have to be done the first season. I sure know how to pick these teams, don't I...?

9 horas atrás, Ronaldo Beckham disse:

So when I holidayed the season before I took over at SC Toulon I changed my settings to save every 5 years just to quicken the process of holidaying. 

I then get to January in my first season with Toulon only for my laptop to weirdly crash and I forgot to change the settings back d'oh :seagull:

So ignore that previous post unless I am lucky again but I will post my preview when I get there again.

So frustrating.

That hurts :seagull:

Good luck for your next try

@XaW I knew it you will bring us some crazy project, well at least is crazy in the rules side :lol:

Edited by The7Striker

9 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@XaW I knew it you will bring us some crazy project, well at least is crazy in the rules side :lol:

Something always happens! :D

Not sure if it will stick though I enjoy my saves in Scotland so here we go.

Club Introduction

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

MQ9zqQ4.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Betfred Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hora atrás, DazRTaylor disse:

Not sure if it will stick though I enjoy my saves in Scotland so here we go.

Club Introduction

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

MQ9zqQ4.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Betfred Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Please tell me you named yourself Leonidas!

KaSm.gif.5da6b80fc645c3ea19e178bd01ab3fc4.gif

12 minutes ago, fries said:

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a494b1c804bb915e0f37c478063b00db.png

Premier League

2042/43 (season 21)

Season Summary

Lets start with the most important!

591265683_CHL43.png.35599913e46b73bf1b518c784d0f0c8d.png

When I started this challenge I never though that I would actually complete it. But here we are!

We won the Champions League two years after we won the Premier League.

In opposite to last year we had problems in the group stage. Before the last game we had to win home against Nice to qualify to the knock out stages. And with a penalty we secured a win!

In the first knock out stage we won home 3-1 against OL which was enough to qualify to the next round.

In the first leg of the quarter finals we played like a dream, winning 5-0 away against Dortmund.

In the semi finals we lost the first game 2-1 home to Liverpool. In the second leg it looked like a boring 0-0 draw, but in 4 minutes injury time my subistitute Maside scored to 1-0. In extra time we scored once again but so did Liverpool. But in the penalty shootout we were strongest team and ready to the final!

In the final we were up against Chelsea who had just won the Premier League. We were under pressure through out the game but in the end Morgan secured a 1-0 win with around 5 minutes to go!

2047430647_CHL43_2.png.943414c94a242497e49fcc90d15c5841.png

We competed against Manchester United for the first place in the League through out the season. But after the quarter finals of the Champions League the only focus of my team was Champions League. This meant that we mostly played the reserves and did not win in the last 7 league games and ended on the 4th position. Chelsea had a good run at the end and won the league instead.

In the Carabao Cup I lost against Man City in the Quarter Final and in the FA Cup I lost against Arsenal in the Semi Final.

74598355_League43.thumb.png.778b9b736a5fb3ab6bd4a800e3b28529.png

No new players had a break through this season. So the team consisted of the same players as last season.

My forward Ahmad had a great season with an average rating of 7.47 and both 21 goals and assists.

Ferguson also had a great season and now have the record of most league appearances with 615 compared to 614 from Armstrong.

But as you can see the two players who performed best now has the age of 31, so it was probably close to their last change to win the Champions League. 

484783673_Stats43.png.0ae1e448500311c1cf0dab2ece99f88b.png
327976138_Stats43_2.png.9e3ed789446f6854ad974aee59e0987a.png

This season I only had 2 players on the NxGn-list. Lancaster was number 5 and Maside was numer 28. A bit disappointing.

1516652992_NxGn43.PNG.899a1f25b43dcf85bc78c1501f0ad303.PNG

However my youth team was not that bad, as they also "completed" the challenge by winning both the u18 League and the u19 Champions League.

2140809268_u1843.PNG.56ad0fbabec91bcba5d6301425b6da3b.PNG

1029011061_u1843_2.png.154f731327ca6ff96f658913255ffff3.png

My preview was great with 5 stars, and two A's. 
656267246_Youthintakepre43.png.c87128c4871385823b0812c4838b17e2.png

My intake was a fine with 2 elite talents. Where one of them looks very promising (Mohammed)!

912128562_Youthintake43_1.PNG.d1fc75bfe67a6633b267258b29fdb949.PNG
783414708_Youthintake43_2.PNG.e0b6ed632abd14b5a32cea3b2a5f7b89.PNG
1175236652_Youthintake43_3.PNG.cd56b53a3734d8b1ee1bef203691ecde.PNG

Mohammed looks very promising, so I think you can have a look. However his personality could be better.

1131710699_Mohammed43.thumb.png.7474fb973c1cbf81360d059b986cdeb4.png

We had no major sales this season. 

image.thumb.png.deea29c37bdb41ae43ef49c3eb73b42b.png

Finances and Upgrades

Nothing new here. But we will soon move back into the newly expanded 50k seater stadium.

image.thumb.png.334a7ae815e6222b9b33f69c98560ca8.png

What now?
I am not sure. But I think I will give the English database down to tier 11 a chance. To be honest I enjoy the ride more than the destination. Maybe I will go back to this save and try to win the Clubs World Cup in 2045.

Congrats!

rJOjNEf.png

2025 Midseason Review:

W7GgmS9.png

Landing where I hope, with better GD than I was expecting. 

Gj0pjEo.png

This just made me laugh

2025 Youth Intake Preview:

L5OG54R.png

Not very strong looking, but at least the one strong spot is a position of need.

How do I go by increasing the wages I can offer to a HoYD? I've found a couple of better HoYD but can't bring them in because of the limited wage I can offer them. The board have agreed to increase the coaches wages a couple of times already but it hasn't affected what I can offer to a HoYD.

@Koetzer have you been able to upgrade your youth facilities? I'm now a year done from finishing building my stadium and I still haven't seen it in my save. this makes 3 years for me without it as an option. Anyone else know anything about this? Cause if my youth facilities are going to be stuck on excellent forever that might kill my run in slovenia.

So, I only have one goalkeeper in my squad, one I have to sub into each game in the 1st minute since I have to start a grey youngster there to fit league requirements. So what could possibly ruin that for me?

NZ9ECPW.png

6-8 months with a damaged spine will do that.

Thanks for all your replies!

I have a question regarding the level 11 database. When there is no relegation in the lowest league (tier 11), should I then sim a year and take over a team that ended in the bottom?

5 horas atrás, fries disse:

Thanks for all your replies!

I have a question regarding the level 11 database. When there is no relegation in the lowest league (tier 11), should I then sim a year and take over a team that ended in the bottom?

Thats right :D

1.FC Tatran Presov new Logo Vector (.AI) Free Download

XaW - Tatran Prešov - Season 2022/23 - 2. Liga

esrnoDS.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Well, the first season in Slovakia was a good one, and even close to a great one. We were fighting to get into the top 2 positions all season long, but eventually fell a bit short. I'd like to think we could have gotten it if we hadn't gotten a season-ending injury to our only senior goalkeeper, but these things happen. We scored quite freely, and we needed since once again I have a team that is much stronger going forward than the defense. After we got the intake it was a bit better, but quite a few are under 16, the lower allowed age to play, so next season should be good, I hope.

Slovnaft Cup: We beat Partizán Bardejov and Artmedia Petržalka before we lost to Zlaté Moravce in the 3rd round.

Youth intake:

NB6z7Dm.png

Not the defensive lineup I had hope for, but still a nice set of players.

KErPTKq.png

Martin Kutlik 23b is a very nice striker. Some real pinpoint attributes to be a great striker. Looks to be an out and out goalscorer.

jrmNDjx.png

Marian Olejnik 23d will be made into a defender. He is tall and can tackle, and that's pretty much all I can ask for when I lack defenders.

v15mCGa.png

UtSi5UN.png

GBWfm0y.png

Trophy cabinet

None

qs1dPHE.png

SC Toulon Season 1 Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.40f75d3cde81f83bf2c5589aaccbfa09.png

Not much of a Youth Intake with only 3 players worth keeping. 

Here are the 3 players I rate

Hermann Fofana - 16 Year Old French AMC/Advanced Playmaker

image.thumb.png.87acaa76df91ed239d15e0ec804de936.png

Good Teamwork and Decision attributes. Decent Passing and has a Balanced personality. 

Zakaria Coulon - 15 Year Old French GK/Sweeper Keeper

image.thumb.png.7d2295dacc3bfc1b9a380628243442fa.png

Very good Rushing Out attribute and good Natural Fitness with decent Command Of Area and Reflexes with Spirited personality.

Aurelien Chennahi - 15 Year Old Right Back/No Nonsense Fullback

image.thumb.png.12e36346238a18d0b47ccd873e280ab2.png

My coach report rates him highly but I aint too sure as his only good attribute is Teamwork but he has an Unambitious personality. We will see how he gets on.

I will nickname these YP1, YP2 and YP3.

SC Toulon Season 1 Review

download.jpg.782a8d0f7d437fd8917d5db14d6f5906.jpg

A strong first season with Toulon just missing out on promotion by 2 points but I am confident if we carry on we will be get promoted next season.

League Table

image.thumb.png.cde5e8b9d80b0ede8c0dba8b6baf5447.png

Player Of The Season

Issiaka Bamba - 29 Year Old French Striker

image.thumb.png.841150157c767017ef2b3bac19e246fc.png

Bamba was my main man up front scoring 24 goals for the season. I just got him signed up to a new contract to hopefully help propell us up the leagues before he retires.

Other Mentions

Baba Toure - 29 Year Old French Central Defender - Toulon's Van Dijk

image.thumb.png.feda23db2b0e4e9d50a7fca00914beb1.png

Despite having the player trait to stay back at all times this skillful centre back managed to get 7 goals and was also got the best average rating with a 7.48 rating. I also just got him signed up to a new contract. 

Bilel El Hamzaoui - 31 Moroccan Winger

image.thumb.png.4b0d9de5b2227f0f1e20d4d8d4f5b1a1.png

Rounding up my magnificent trio is winger and main supplier El Hamzaoui who got 9 assists and 8 goals with also an excellent pass completion rate.

I wish El Hamzaoui was a bit younger to help me get up the leagues. I am hoping to have him for a few more years.

Squad

image.thumb.png.4c6830f02d5d646d914ccfbb1fe790f5.png

Tactics

image.thumb.png.60d45e88f08de88d6150ed0473a09829.png

A nice tactic I made up after a recent Dortmund save I did and I wanted to try it out with a team in the lower leagues.

It works very well.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.6ee47d8469aa095365e6fe62ed300f22.png

Overall Best Starting 11image.thumb.png.41c5b2734248491d695be269e7a08e56.png

Accolades

image.thumb.png.5af2c8d910611050bd64ff41b8d91f27.png

23 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@Koetzer have you been able to upgrade your youth facilities? I'm now a year done from finishing building my stadium and I still haven't seen it in my save. this makes 3 years for me without it as an option. Anyone else know anything about this? Cause if my youth facilities are going to be stuck on excellent forever that might kill my run in slovenia.

I have exactly the same issue in my save. Stuck at excellent for 2 years now. I raised the bug here:

Maybe if you upload your save and raise the same issue it'll be more likely to be fixed?

EDIT: and congrats on winning the Euro Cup, that's some achievement!

Edited by dkouv

1 hour ago, dkouv said:

I have exactly the same issue in my save. Stuck at excellent for 2 years now. I raised the bug here:

Maybe if you upload your save and raise the same issue it'll be more likely to be fixed?

EDIT: and congrats on winning the Euro Cup, that's some achievement!

I did a search on the forum yesterday after I posted my update and found this post where I jumped on as well as uploaded my save. The same SI guy replied to me as you, so hopefully if they get enough of our saves they'll figure out what the bug is. I'll put a comment on yours as well though just to make sure :) 

And thanks I am still amazed that we pulled off the euro cup victory. While the game told me my odds of the champions cup was 10000 to 1 I'm sure our euro cup odds weren't much higher so calling my season an upset is an understatement. That just makes this bug all the more frustrating as my save is just lifting off right now but playing it will harm my club. 

I've simulated a year of the English tier 11 so I might join the club of climbing the pyramid, but not sure I'll be able to deal with the processing time on my mediocre laptop.

Edited by WhiteCat33

Season Review 2023

Henrik Larsson hjälpte Högaborg kvar i div 2

League | Transfers | Facilities | Finances | Youth Intake

A season were we felt way to good to be relegated but way to bad to be promoted ended up as middle placement 7th is okay even though i had higher expectations but since we lost 3 of our best players before the season it became a lot harder. The best thing is seeing Milan Filo from first youth intake really dominated so we will probably lose him soon but hopefully not for free.

Our finances took a nice turn upwards even if we upgraded our youth recruitment. Will try to upgrade it further for next season. 

Youth intake were kind of disappointing. A lot of potential but no one really close to first team. Closest will be Felix Söderberg who will soon compete for the first choice keeper if he develops okay.

Top scorer: (02-I)Tony Eskilsson 25(0) Games | 12 Goals

Most assists: (02-I)Tony Eskilsson 25(0) Games | 5 Assists

Best average: (01-A)Milan Filo 23(0) Games | 7.43 Avg

Top prospect: (01-A)Milan Filo 23(0) Games | 0 Goals | 0 Assists | 7.43 Avg

264c80429a26a6486f0f04c270f3defe.png

SC Toulon Season 2 Review

download.jpg.1906d93196ae529e5c11616821f1291f.jpg

Well I think 2nd season syndrome kicked into gear as we struggled to find any form. We lost 12 games this season and that isn't going to get us promoted. I need to work on this and make sure we score more goals and leak less goals. I am just hoping my young players come good.

League Table

image.thumb.png.a81e9fb52a5d9c0f5f3d6dbebc357b63.png

Considering we were predicted to finish bottom in the league at the start of the season a 10th place finish is pretty good but I feel like after last season it was a disappointing season.

Something triggered us to go on a losing run and after changing formations which didn't work we went back to the old tactic I was using and we luckily hit form near the end of the season and went from being 15th to 10th.

Hopefully next season is  a better season for us.

Player Of The Season - Issiaka Bamba - 13 goals

image.thumb.png.0aea7893223136cab8f12d5a62db2de0.png

Bamba was very disappointing this season compared to last with only 13 goals but he kept us in the league so I can't be too harsh on him. 

I am hoping he gets back to where he was the season before.

My Personal Favourite SC Toulon Player

Baba Toure

image.thumb.png.7c957ad435ba0741ff0f10cc993cfa7f.png

Baba Toure is such a great central defender who loves to get a few goals as well.  He got 5 last season and he has beaten that with 6 goals this season. He also had the best average rating with an overall 7.33 rating. Even when we were rubbish he wasn't.

The Assist King - Aurelien Tertereau

image.thumb.png.956e389e170a4ebaa324762882b2e6ab.png

This man loves to help others and he did very well this season with 10 assists. He also got 8 goals as well. Annoyingly Tertereau just like Bamba and Toure is getting on a bit in age and at 32 years old I need to make the most of him while I still can. 

I also need to make sure the future players get better quickly so they can take over from the 3 main men.

Squad

image.thumb.png.3a25f0a0972daaff15053fe418a9c6f6.png

Transfers

image.thumb.png.4226c1a6900930a8660868d73f99c4e5.png

Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.3277a9e6ed7097958845eb276ed38204.png

Accolades

image.thumb.png.51145b948423490d68efe2d6a3e2b85b.png

Next season needs to be better.