The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

Youth Intake 2022

The potential of these lads is amazing. Of course our eyes mostly go to Milan Filo with his 5/5 star CA for us. Since we Right now have 10 players in total this is very welcomed intake. Most people will get contracts and get to prove themselves 

b2aee0302dd42bf3833d5e1cd0b67723.png

Edited by Novafluff

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*FM20*

So, I'm back in this ever so fun slog of a playing style. I rarely play differently anymore as buying players gets boring fast. Last time in Belarus I wasn't having as much fun anymore after 30 seasons, so why not take the even longer road?

Littlehampton Town FC

Littlehampton_Town_F.C._logo.png.5dc8e426d4fe6d2c35521b03e2c16579.png

YES, PROGRESS!

I said I'd be joining the lvl 11 players but apparently for FM20 I only had a lvl 9 database, so that's where I'm at.

I'm also going to update a little shorter than before, as I'm looking for a little faster seasons with more IR this time around.

Profile:

Profile.thumb.JPG.901762d7580852191e81c0f56f75c00d.JPG

Hi :)

Southern Combination Football League

League.JPG.e76a8b5e22e8e86a629879c1ae0ffc82.JPG

We started off well, not losing in the first 12 games. With just the 13 players we couldn't hold on, 2 injuries at 4+ months didn't help. But overall, a nice start.

Squad

Squad.thumb.JPG.c1d7d0a952fe0e45bb89b08b846d7812.JPG

3 players left during the season. This squad screen also shows a large portion of the youth intake as I ended the season with them making minutes.

Youth Intake

Youth.JPG.a4c73557fddd839ee73c044009209df0.JPG

Could be better, but could also be worse. Makridis, Smith, Brooks-Petty, Allmeier and O'Connor are all somewhat of the level we're at right now. Investments have been done, so I expect more next season.

YMakridis.thumb.JPG.734d495c0ce1ca5e9fd2a9e902290b73.JPG

I'm a sucker for big, slow centre backs so I love him already.

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.1d0d008132fd21432f71e8ba225355b3.JPG

Gil was a centre back at VN/S level so I was gutted to lose him.

As is normally the case with The Netherlands, when I start a game there using just the "out of the box" leagues, I wait until I am safe before posting as I fail here more than anywhere else.  To the surprise of everyone, including me, we have survived this time.  So I have taken over at Amsterdamsche FC, usually shortened to AFC.

Club Introduction

Amsterdamsche FC

Amsterdamsche FC - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

KSuiarX.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       National   (2.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Amsterdamsche FC

Amsterdamsche FC - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A long, hard season where we survived, not because we were good, but because someone else was worse.

Season Details

League Table - It was so hard, we only survived because TOP Oss were so bad.  I may need a tactical overhaul in the summer.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We struggled throughout the campaign.  Scoring goals was our biggest issue.

TOTO KNVB Beker - We made it through to the second round, before being hammered away to fellow second tier side FC Volendam.

Friendlies - Our pre season campaign, where we lost just once, gave me a false sense of security.

Squad - We are nowhere near good enough.

Squad Dynamics - Unsurprisingly, we have a dreadful club atmosphere and major improvements are needed.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - Striker Bennie Bryson YP25E5 is the best prospect out of a decent group of players.

Finances - We made a profit of over £600,000 over the course of the season, so the balance has grown and we now have over £1m in the bank.

Key Players

Koen Bucker - It is no surprise that our goalkeeper is our most valuable player.  Needless to say, he was very busy.

Cody Claver - At home either as a central defender or as a left back, he did his best though he was found wanting a lot of the time.

Tim Linthorst - Our best defender, he was found out most of the time.

Dalian Maatsen - The veteran defender showed signs he is on the decline.

Koen Wesdorp - A natural at both central midfield and as a holding midfielder, he was frequently overrun.

Next Season

Another season of survival is the only goal I have.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2024/25    Minimal =     (1.00*) ↑  National C ↑        5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Regional   (1.50*)
2024/25    Poor =               Below Average =   Adequate =            Excellent ↑      Adequate     ↑     Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      40         7       12       21          31              56                 -25              17.50%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25          40         7       12       21          31              56                 -25              17.50%             307 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Keuken Kampioen Divisie              19th       Second Round                       Survived relegation.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
2024/25    Bennie Bryson YP25E5                      3

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2024/25    No one                                       0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2024/25    No one                                      0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    No one                                     0

1316.png.eca9ce9183abe8c4c5d2ee7403f19b1c.png

Crispypaul
SK Gjovik-Lyn

OBOS-Ligaen

League - Table - did really well here, getting to the play-offs where we first beat Jerv but then lost to Aalesund on penalties.  Would have been a bit much in the top tier.

Cup - Fixtures - a great run to the semis but couldn't get past Arendal

Finances -  surprisingly decent - we're getting an awful lot of TV money though which seems odd

Transfers

Squad 

Key players

Per Kristian Jansen - great centre half

Johan Flip Karlsson - good performances at right back

Ole Thomas Skogli - still scoring

Jesper Sydboge - continues to be a strong defender

Bjørn Erik Nersveen YP22b - into the first team he goes with great goal scoring form, lots of Eliterserien clubs sniffing around

Youth Update

Intake - good again and the U19 didn't get relegated

1. Albert Kjetlien YP24a - could be a good centre half

2. Patrik Vik YP24b - decent left back

3. Sveinung Aass YP24c - looking like a nice striker

4. Tomas Bredvold YP24d - I am moving away from wingers so will convert to a CM

5. Robert Nilsson YP24e - some potential in midfield

Future - I've managed to get a youth facilities upgrade already as well as excellent youth coaching and good youth recruitment.  In any case another couple of seasons in this division is fine as we need to bring more youngsters through

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2022    	D2	      	 2nd     		4th   		Lost in play offs
2023		D2		 1st			3rd		Promoted
2024		D1		5th			SF		Lost in play offs

Home · VV Katwijk

VV Katwijk

Season Summary 2025 - 2026

Another survival

*note: the reason the first season is in 2024-2025 is because of rule changes in Holland, so there were no relegation for the first three seasons

Our second season in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie and we survived once again. We finished 16th place, one place better than last year. We got one point more as well compared to last season, so basically a copy paste from our debut year. We are good enough to keep surviving I think, but we are far away from climbing up to the upper half of the league. If we cant keep beating the teams around us at home we can easily get relegated, but the fact that only one team go down it makes me fairly optimistic. Once again I experimented a bit with tactics, finishing the season with a classic 4-3-3. It is far from perfect, but we are fairly decent defensively, especially considering how terrible our players are. 

We got a good intake this year and hopefully one or two will be able to break into the first team in the next 12 months. 

Season Summary 

2085146402_2022-03-0901_09_17-FootballManager2022Kopi.thumb.png.bdfb7410f2c91f3c279b3755f961c1d4.png   240712414_2022-03-0900_28_45-FootballManager2022Kopi.thumb.png.3028ac0133b9c41ab488d5b5ade508de.png   342200656_2022-03-0901_09_26-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.0dc04b489c4817894d09a88d6e34e81e.png

Key Players 

512264871_2022-03-0901_09_49-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.7c53c0834cc1d4439c92ef3baeb865d8.png   1132098178_2022-03-0901_10_07-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.0600a978ec815b26235adaba5dc5499e.png   1550651176_2022-03-0901_10_17-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.9c766c192dbe421651a88312b8c15b08.png

Key Talents

471853158_2022-03-0901_10_29-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.ae89534d0b5735d3e7d2f45972aa0554.png   457977138_2022-03-0901_10_36-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.d6b05b30bd0db8d9b90b8f9009710f71.png   2075192237_2022-03-0901_11_21-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.8760d6016a42353f5f29b227b36b6964.png

image.png.3290dcb4537b021e4702c409dd6690e7.png

I think I might have started to fix my finances. One of the issues has been the long contract a few players had when I took over.

4PVkYAI.png

This guy alone is 31.5% of my entire wage costs! Just talked him into this contract:

0lyKxOt.png

So down from £2.2k to £350 p/w! Will save us quite a lot!

Season Review 2022

Henrik Larsson hjälpte Högaborg kvar i div 2

League | Transfers | Facilities | Finance | Youth Intake

Going into the season we had only 12 players which midway through the season were turned into 10 players where there where 0 natural strikers and 0 natural wingers i had very low expectations going into the season. First thing we did was to retrain 1 CAM and 1 CM to strikers and another CM to LW. Luckily we managed to stay away from injuries throughout the whole year with only minor (1-4 day) injuries. When we lost 2 players it made us constantly have to use 1 grey player and sometimes 2 when we had suspensions. Despite all this we still managed an 8th place but according to the XG table we were suppose to finish 3rd getting 14 points less than expected. But this mainly was because our strikers are not up to par and miss more then they should.

Our youth intake where really good and gives us a nice squad to build on for next season as we will aim for top 2 spots. (01-A)Milan Filo being the big star as he goes in as the teams best player already at the age of 15. Other then that we are happy to have two natural strikers coming through in (01-I)Tony Eskilsson and (01-F)Nabil Berglund, no big stars yet but will probably bang in some goals next season.

Financially we are quite good in a balance of £77.619 in the green. We are losing money thou but signing my new contract on a wage of £125 p/w instead of £450 will help us next season.

Top scorer: Jörgen Wilhelmsson 26(0) Games | 10 Goals

Most Assists: Oscar Nilsson Gullberg 25(0) Games | 3 Assists

Best Average: Tommy Burawkowsky 25(0) Games | 7.18 Avg

Best Youth player: Jörgen Wilhelmsson 26(0) Games | 10 Goals | 1 Assists | 6.85 Avg

277403efdf0da794e9404c94e8ef223f.png

A question regarding training 

Everyone doing this challenge have to put time and effort into training. Would like to get peoples perspective on this. Are you making your own schedules? 

Are you training players (especially 16-18 year olds) in specific position/role/duty training or general? 

I have been going back and forth, especially with individual training focus on 16-17 year olds. I cant decide if its a good thing, so it ends up being a bit random. I still produce good players, but would like to hear what others do. 

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

Everyone doing this challenge have to put time and effort into training. Would like to get peoples perspective on this. Are you making your own schedules? 

Are you training players (especially 16-18 year olds) in specific position/role/duty training or general? 

I have been going back and forth, especially with individual training focus on 16-17 year olds. I cant decide if its a good thing, so it ends up being a bit random. I still produce good players, but would like to hear what others do. 

I handle individual, but the general one I leave to the assistant.

@thomas_e I let the staff do all the team training scheduling. Only time I intervene and change schedules is when they do fitness trainings during heavy congestion periods. I spend more time looking for staff members and making sure coaching assignments are optimal for what's available

For individual training I have it set to let the staff manage but I override on individual player basis for most high potential youngsters. Really I see more harm tinkering too much I just set and check on it once a year or soonest midseason to make sure they are developing. Just always have to remember to re-set after injuries as it returns to the staff defaults.

image.png.57027bcb5097c821a31c6e36ad1b7a67.png

Nogometni Klub Pobrezje: 2049/50 – Slovenian 1st Liga (Season 26)

Season Review: https://imgur.com/a/ABCAamC 

Performance

League: Champions!

We were able to repeat the title! I knew it was going to be tighter this year as 3 games into the season my Star Striker Z Pusnik 38b tore his knee ligaments sidelining him for 3 months meaning he missed almost the entire ECC group stage and the vast majority of the fall league. However, he actually came back very quick and by the winter break we were just one game behind Maribor with a 12-4-3 record. With him leading the charge we went undefeated the rest of the season ending with a 26-7-3 record and a monstrous 72 GD. Pusnik 38b got 22 goals in 26 games, which had him as the League leading goal scorer even though he missed 10 games.

ECC: Group Stage 4th Place

Believe it or not Slovenia is a high enough rated country now that we enter the competition directly at the Group stage. Here is our Draw:

image.png.dedd91a89ac471e0f2f83950a60b3ae1.png

Of all the teams we are playing two teams we’ve fought against before in the Euro Cup, with big boy Inter there to keep us humble. Honestly, this is an easier Champions League group compared to what is out there. However, without our star striker I had very little hope in recording anything worthwhile here. Our home win against Valencia was a big surprise, but we bowed out in last of our group.

image.png.42c518d1bf07245fa1d9a3d614cb02ec.png

U19 ECC - Quarter Final Defeat

This was a surprise as my U19 has no GK. They beat FCSB U19 on penalties in the Second Knockout, but then lost to Legia U18 on penalties in the Quarter Final. I picked up a GK this year just so they have something for next year. He sucks, but better than a flat 6-7 stat grey.

Cup

I rotated for the semi-final as I didn't really care and our 2nd squad couldn't put anything in the net so we disappointed here. We had already won the league by then so this wasn't important.

image.png.d3f11bd0de61b8cbf98efb57d0327ce0.png

Squad

image.png.d1c8eb03a6fd95d8157104925d811853.png

Next year I will be trying to give my 18 year olds more game time so they can actually reach their potentials now that we have maxed training facilities and good coaches. We are at that awkward point where we dominate our domestic league but aren't even close to the quality needed for Champions League. Luckily I have a lot of high potential youngsters to begin developing against the weak teams in our domestic league. 

Transfer

image.thumb.png.6f32f06332cc7ef1b860752978cbee24.png

image.png.329c5aefe03cdaf5890b196dc3f816f0.png

Decided to sell one of our many surplus fullbacks. Pucko 45i never really played for us and even though we don't need the money figured why not. The other sale was Rok Martinovic 46d who was a Striker who wasn't developing.

We also will be letting Nik Horvat 42f go on a free at the end of the year. He's exactly the same and other mediocre defender that sits unused.

Youth Academy

Youth Intake Preview

image.png.a2a9f4f05cbead7cf87ed77040cea3dc.png

Youth Intake

image.png.48d6484ad0c02c5fe7b1ddb5e3d66a67.png

Not the quality I’d hoped for, but with last year’s intake I have plenty in the pipe. 100% Slovenian.

image.png.a4a95453c229d5edce14a76842bbe7b1.png

image.png.6ead47526c34e91c265af4085f8e625e.png

Brutal my lone Elite Prospect has “Casual”; Honestly isn’t worth showing any of the others they are all not very good. I took 5 prospects and a GK so my youth team doesn’t use a grey player for U-19 champions cup.

image.thumb.png.fba462af69587c69ebf22b6ea8c948f6.png

Poach

image.png.cb65dcc9ecc1dda8a2086b4d5ee815f2.png

Club Improvements

Final Facilities bump

image.png.e025fa98fb4137f183c952a703cdb084.png

Over the summer our new ground will be built. I may be wrong, but I think the game won't let me upgrade youth facilities because I'm building the ground as for the past 2 years I haven't had the ability to improve youth facilities. We have 16M in the bank so as soon as they allow it I'll get it up as we need it for maximizing the lower quality regens out of Slovenia.

Excel

image.thumb.png.c7bb6adb710cea99df70f560eb18164f.png

image.png.323e382581d65031c10140babc2ddc44.png

image.thumb.png.2f1f8797bf91a7a140186d2255875b3b.png

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am going to have another attempt of this challenge and I want to do it in France but I looking on the OP of thread and there is no reset date for France.

Does anyone know what the reset date for France is please?

@darren1983 @XaW

I'm not sure, I think I tried in France way back when, perhaps some of my old screenshots show it here?

Edit: I think it's June 20th based on my screenshot here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/557922-the-fm22-youth-academy-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=13381240

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm not sure, I think I tried in France way back when, perhaps some of my old screenshots show it here?

Edit: I think it's June 20th based on my screenshot here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/557922-the-fm22-youth-academy-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=13381240

Ok cheers I will try that and see how I get on. Thank you.

Please let me know @XaW if any of this set up is wrong. I assume it is ok as I did throughly check the OP of this thread but I just wanted to make sure.

image.thumb.png.66fbda8e4a573ce5fa5b84022848b395.png

image.thumb.png.524f8c73bb6b391a52e057e79d6b4d0f.png

image.thumb.png.ce397c0c7df25282037a545780ff80fb.png

I have picked SC Toulon as my French team. 

image.thumb.png.94db8d4cff7f7c3437c3a2f654087897.png

image.thumb.png.6933511fd0fc4dd920e47652328c3d6e.png

Iimage.thumb.png.b151a21d414e28756dd7b9456ba92dd9.png

I have even changed my avatar's attire and hair color once I took over to match the club's colors. 

image.thumb.png.08813b428d548d51680a8b6f7a97d36b.png

Please let me know if you see anything that is wrong please @XaW

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

rJOjNEf.png

2024 Season Preview:

T2nx73F.png

team seemed to run out of steam at end of year, but were plenty safe so it wasn't a major concern. The -4 GD is a little misleading as there was one 6-0 loss mid season that really wasn't indicative of the team. Finished with the third most goals for in the league, but second most allowed. Keeper is a major deficiency for the team.

GaDz9QG.png

No transfers. Did get a few more interview requests (didn't take pics). 

2024 Youth Intake:

IDMnZ24.png

zppS5M0.png

Another pretty strong class at the top, but still no one coming in ready to step in. 

2025 Season Preview:

Q0onPff.png

rj8fvnQ.png

wGSejiO.png

I'm less confident going into this season. As detailed above we give up way too many goals, and it was almost offset by scoring. Our striker retired. His replacement is not quite as good so I'm a little nervous. Fight Bravely gives me hope I wouldn't be sacked if relegated. Just need to get to 12th to be safe.

@Ronaldo Beckham - Did you start with a National C license? If so, that's not allowed. You have to start with "no coaching badges". Other than that it looks fine, but it's not clear if you have holidayed a year and taken over a newly promoted club? If not, you need to do so. In France I think the 3rd tier is the lowest playable, but the 4th tier is visible.

*FM20*

Littlehampton Town FC

Littlehampton_Town_F.C._logo.png.1abb661090fa268b12fcae628df2333d.png

Southern Combination Football League

League.JPG.d20e9be9ff76597bf85c6b66f14c2734.JPG

We lost quite a few players this season so I'm happy that we,  with the young guys, managed to consolidate our position just below the top teams.

Squad

Squad.thumb.JPG.4a3854ce8f75679a141c4ad736464902.JPG

McKendry was our striker for most of the season and became top goalscorer.

Campbell is a ball winning midfielder with a decent free kick.

Brooks-Petty is an abysmal goalkeeper but he makes watching games very fun. He's tall and has reflexes and is all over the place. He can completely miss crosses and prevent a worldie in the same game.

McKendry.thumb.JPG.1d587bcf24360eda37d0edb9f9d91a56.JPG

Campbell.thumb.JPG.b2e5c80c91a51af6084c2bf43c381156.JPG

Brooks-Petty.thumb.JPG.b0856e1a7fedda64e5e75d0a1bac97b2.JPG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.94c45c297cb6bee26b500a33b09adf96.JPG

As said before, we lost a lot of players. First choice goalie Jones and top goalscorer Erbas were the most important ones.

RW Wiltshere left but I had a good backup in youngster Sam Smith. 8 goals and 6 assists in 20 games later, Smith left as well.

Youth Intake

Youth.JPG.b21aa369bed61e88f240f0fba19331ab.JPG

Very happy with this intake. Potter, Coles, Thompson, Weeks and Sindani went into the first team immediately. Pacey PF Keehan-Finch will play an important role as well.

YPotter.thumb.JPG.516244d23b436f3859c30c5daa697cb1.JPG

YColes.thumb.JPG.5220831ac92a12455f377cf39d311f9e.JPG

3 hours ago, XaW said:

@Ronaldo Beckham - Did you start with a National C license? If so, that's not allowed. You have to start with "no coaching badges". Other than that it looks fine, but it's not clear if you have holidayed a year and taken over a newly promoted club? If not, you need to do so. In France I think the 3rd tier is the lowest playable, but the 4th tier is visible.

Oh yeah I thought we could start with the lowest coaching license which I thought was National C license. My bad for getting it wrong.

I did holiday for a year and I had a database add on for France to have French National 2 but I have messed it all up so I will start again and not have French National 2 loaded and make sure I start my manager with no coaching badges.

Cheers for your help.

I will post in a bit when I have found another French team. I liked Toulon but hopefully I can find them again.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh yeah I thought we could start with the lowest coaching license which I thought was National C license. My bad for getting it wrong.

I did holiday for a year and I had a database add on for France to have French National 2 but I have messed it all up so I will start again and not have French National 2 loaded and make sure I start my manager with no coaching badges.

Cheers for your help.

I will post in a bit when I have found another French team. I liked Toulon but hopefully I can find them again.

No worries. We do this challenge along each other, so I'm happy to help when I can. If there are any other questions just ask :) 

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@XaW I think I got it right this time so here goes.

SC Toulon's finishing position last season after I holidayed a season.

image.thumb.png.c1f6f2f29e4d5a3a9373be4aeb84f67f.png

My manager profile with me making sure I have no coaching badges now.

image.thumb.png.2b4a9a9d34c7deb6df0e632587ac04c2.png

image.thumb.png.a642eeef9c7295b5e89c665d766aa9a6.png

Is this ok then @XaW?

Just to avoid any misunderstanding. You created a fake manager and holidayed for a year in game, and then looked at what clubs got promoted from the CFA2 to the National and took over one of them, right? Just making 100% sure.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Just to avoid any misunderstanding. You created a fake manager and holidayed for a year in game, and then looked at what clubs got promoted from the CFA2 to the National and took over one of them, right? Just making 100% sure.

Yeah mate. Is that what we were supposed to do or have I got it wrong @XaW?

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah mate. Is that what we were supposed to do or have I got it wrong @XaW?

That's the correct way. Was just making sure there were no misunderstandings. Now, go off to win the CL without any transfers or loans in! :D

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, this didn't end well...

AAnJiZR.png

We got relegated with a few games to spare... England beat me again!

Too bad! :( 
What is the plan now? Which country are you heading to? 

14 minutes ago, Winski said:

Too bad! :( 
What is the plan now? Which country are you heading to? 

I don't know. I'm loading up a save now, but will play a bit before I post in case it doesn't stick.

21 hours ago, thomas_e said:

I normally just do individual training as I always managed to upset half my squad whenever I took over general training on FM20. I had a go at creating schedules in the last couple of seasons on my last FM22 save and there were no unhappy players, so I stuck with it and it seemed to help boost attribute gains

I managed to get a youth academy on my new Andorra save!!

I failed at my first attempt but gave it another go. On my second attempt we had 2 board takeovers and the second one gave us a £35k cash injection. We then had over £100k in the bank for the first time and I was able to convince the board to create an academy. It's such a relief as my players were starting to reach their 30s.

Time to start enjoying the game now I hope.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, this didn't end well...

AAnJiZR.png

We got relegated with a few games to spare... England beat me again!

It's funny how this game works.  You tend to struggle in England (at least, you get sacked there more than other places) whereas I find England ok.  The Netherlands you breezed through whereas I have fail time after time after time.  Currently trying again at AFC though haven't posted on here yet until I am safe (again).

26 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

It's funny how this game works.  You tend to struggle in England (at least, you get sacked there more than other places) whereas I find England ok.  The Netherlands you breezed through whereas I have fail time after time after time.  Currently trying again at AFC though haven't posted on here yet until I am safe (again).

Yeah, I really want England to stick, but I just fail there. My only completion was there with Kettering in FM19, but still.

I'm thinking about a medium sizes country now, but I'm loading up some various countries and see if anyone catch my interest.

19 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Yeah, I really want England to stick, but I just fail there. My only completion was there with Kettering in FM19, but still.

I'm thinking about a medium sizes country now, but I'm loading up some various countries and see if anyone catch my interest.

Im sure you will. And brings us some crazy project :D

afcsouthwick.png.02045cddaf8f6dff49d634e941f64764.png

Southern Combination League Division One (Tier 10)

2024/25 (season 3)

Season Summary

A briliant season! We didn't start off too great but hit a really good run of form after christmas. Really, we hit it lucky that we were in a league where nobody was particularly any better than anyone else. We spent most of the second half of the season in second place right up until the last two games where the league leaders bottled it. 

25league.JPG.6f01c9abd02536743f1d296b75c1abfb.JPG

FA Vase - a competition just for tier 9 and 10 teams and we went all the way to the semi final! very exciting. 

Squad

It's a very unbalanced squad. Brilliant midfield and attack but an appalling defence.

25bestXI.JPG.74818a51b37425c87b00f62a41722518.JPG

Youth

So at this level potential means very little really. With no training to speak of there's very little scope for improvement - CA is where it's at! I was desperate for defenders and a keeper and this is what I got

25youthpreeeview.JPG.174c2440ff536cb7cfc467fac56dc088.JPG

Goalkeeper is nice but defensive midfielder less so - i don't use them! striker on the other hand......

so when the intake came in it was a little disappointing, despite all being elite talents. Cos the CA was almost universally poop, except for a DM, which I don't use.

25youthintake.thumb.JPG.697098bd5211460e99f2f0342d0199ae.JPG

25youthintake2.JPG.a16c8caebe257e185b34a2131eb5010b.JPG

not the intake I was hoping for at this stage tbh

Finances and Upgrades

Well, the good news is promotion and our run in FA Vase made my board very happy. So happy that they gave me this!

25youthimprove.JPG.ce3d9e19b0641e738bf425a8eceedd31.JPG

The key is gonna be getting that youth recruitment level up as quickly as I can I think. Everything else will have to wait.

Career

25career.thumb.JPG.96bf39ee1d6bc0128d8e5fc977c459ec.JPG