The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see one of my former academy products getting a big move.

I am annoyed that I cashed in the 40% of the profit on his next transfer a few seasons before he moved as I needed the money and the offer of £1m was too tempting to say no to.

I will learn from this lol.

Anyway good for Martel. I hope he goes on and does well for Hoffenheim.

image.thumb.png.a99a496523b9435c1c7fadae017c74af.png

8 minutos atrás, Makoto Nakamura disse:

Looks like my youth facilities are stuck on average. :( After my training facilities got upgraded I was able to upgrade them again but still nothing for youth facilities. Looks like my time in Malta is up.

It happens the same to @dkouv and @WhiteCat33. They did a report but....:(

I'm in season 9 (2030) and don't think I've ever had the option to ask for youth facility upgrade - mine are still Basic.  I have raised a bug report too.  Hopefully SI will fix this as it's awful for academy only!

SC Toulon Season 10 Youth Intake

download.jpg.4167ba4eba7bce289b8f948ce72d950b.jpg

As always I am spoilt for talented young prospects in my Youth Intake.

We have got a few different countries represented this time with Luxembourg, Canada and Gabon players coming through.

Here are some of the top prospects.

Stephan Mendes(YP105) - 15 Year Old Luxembourg Attacking Midfielder/Advanced Playmaker

image.thumb.png.a5e5962ef70bd88af9c12de97e822128.png

Mendes has some nice attributes with First Touch, Passing and Technique. I can see him creating some magical moments for SC Toulon.

The only downside is he has an Unambitious personality but hopefully with the right mentoring that can be changed.

Peter King(YP107) - 16 Year Old Canadian Centre Back/Full Back

image.thumb.png.8db4861a9d62db19354abb0f39aeda75.png

King is a very versatile defender in the making with him be able to play anywhere in defence but his main position is as a centre back. He has good Heading, Leadership, Aggression and great Determination.

Mamadou Doumbia(YP109) - Striker/DLF

image.thumb.png.77def6d1ee81def0d7cbc6218c254584.png

I am really excited about Doumbia who has excellent Flair, Teamwork and has good Work Rate and Passing. I think he will make a very good Deep Lying Forward. Maybe the new Roberto Firmino.

1 hour ago, The7Striker said:

It happens the same to @dkouv and @WhiteCat33. They did a report but....:(

The more reports the better because this is looking to be more than just an isolated incident. What sucks is they just pushed out their Final Winter update so who knows how long it will be till they address this. Luckily even if its an issue for my AFC Knowsley save we are years out from any facility upgrades. 

novara.png.d949c9599a34e8ddac95bd51a7b9cfb0.png

Novara FC

Italy

Serie C

2030/31 (season 8)

Season Summary

It's groundhog season! we're now a good team for this level but it's just so ridiculously difficult to get out of Serie C I feel like I'm just treading water. It'll be interesting to see how difficult Serie B is in comparison, should I ever manage to escape this hellhole

31leaguetable.JPG.25a6e34906abaf7eb5e80236bc86d1ad.JPG

So again we qualify for these crazy Play Offs. There's 3 divisions in Serie C which means 27 teams qualify for the playoffs. plus the three champions as well, right at the end. So even winning the league is no guarantee! It's nuts. So, play offs.....

31playoffresults.JPG.12ca090ed02aa9aad10ab7f5f37bd25b.JPG

we did pretty well again, but to go up through the play offs needs a lot of luck as well as a good team

Players

A good side, improving all round

31bestXI.JPG.cab9ad7c986c1d0a4d344411e3f3e8f0.JPG

I moved Simone Paesanti 26C from left wing to striker early on and he loved it up there. 29 goals is my best return for a long long time. Hopefully he can keep it up and it wasn't just a one off

Youth

Again a fairly uninspiring preview and intake, but then it could also have been a lot, lot worse i guess.

31youthpreview.JPG.f2c6f07ded4e6680002a518119769dfa.JPG

31youthintake.thumb.JPG.8fe398df1b2021037e9ba9ad0d236479.JPG

Two elite players isn't great is it?

Finances and Upgrades

Still no money, still no upgrades. And worryingly, after upgrading my youth facilities a few years back only for them to regress back after only 3 years, I've not seen the option to upgrade them come back again. So, yeah, same as everyone else, that sucks....

Career

31careerprogress.thumb.JPG.014aecbc02aad92b3bfc1d11149a3cba.JPG

19 minutos atrás, the_hdk disse:

Guys after many seasons (season 7)...I can finally update the youth facilities!

86rLUdO.png

Did you build a new stadium or you never had that option before ?

Edited by The7Striker

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Did you build a new stadium or you never had that option before ?

I didnt have the option before. nothing weird happened tbh. still in teh old stadium...didnt do any expansions either.

5 minutos atrás, the_hdk disse:

I didnt have the option before. nothing weird happened tbh. still in teh old stadium...didnt do any expansions either.

That sounds wierd. But glad you can upgrade them now.

Edited by The7Striker

6 hours ago, the_hdk said:

Glad to hear it showed up for you! Now the real question is if it will reappear after you finish to keep upgrading to max or you'll have to wait another 7 seasons. I think it's almost been that long for me, I could try playing another season to see if it magically returns but I've done stadium work so it easily could stay bugged longer.

It's pretty frustrating as my Slovenia save was just taking off with millions in the bank, higher quality affiliates and access to top quality coaches so it's primed to try and push for taking that insane step up in quality to challenge the world class clubs. But without top level youth facilities it's basically futile. 

Really hope thos bug doesn't spread to more peoples saves!

zIcnY8W.png

Sp4MN3t.png

I needed a change as I was burnt out on my last save, so I decided to try England again.

hyZiEVg.png

KYFWeg7.png

Not much to start with, but at least a not gray goalie. 

Season Preview:

AM4n9Im.png

epKEXD4.png

Hopefully this is a one and done. 

TkumpDw.pngQtZTd0T.pngRSWOrrT.png

Apologies to any Lofestoft supporters, I couldn't quite get things matched up. I picked a sponsor logo that was at least round and doesn't look terrible. If the team survives eventually those kits go off the rails as I like all the weird designs. 

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

Amsterdamsche FC

Amsterdamsche FC - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A mediocre season where we were never in relegation trouble and we never threatened the promotion playoffs.

Season Details

League Table - A small improvement on last year as we finished in fourteenth place.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Every game was a struggle and we rarely found any consistent form.

TOTO KNVB Beker - We made it through to the third round for the first time before losing heavily away to fellow second tier side MVV Maastricht.

Friendlies - It was another tough pre season campaign against bigger clubs.  We also had one friendly mid season in a bid to boost morale.

Squad - We have the potential, I just need the players to start developing now.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather good.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Two youngsters departed on loan and one player left for a six figure transfer fee.

Youth Candidates - It was another decent enough intake with striker Ruben Koppers YP26H41 leading the way.

Finances - We made a loss this year and have slipped into the red.

Key Players

Tim Linthorst - He continues to be our best defender.

Splinter de Mooij - His performances have started to decline in midfield.

Tuana Özdemir - He continues to play above his level and is a reliable goalkeeper for us.

Dalian Maatsen - The veteran continues to play well enough to be an automatic selection.

Guus van Weerdenburg - It was a breakout yer for the left back.

Next Season

Survival again.  We are in no position to challenge for the promotion playoffs yet.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2024/25    Minimal =     (1.00*) ↑  None        =       4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑
2025/26    Minimal =     (1.00*) =  None        =       4 =   4 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 =   5 =   4 =   5 ↑   1 =   4 =   4 =   5 =   1 =   4 =   4 =
2026/27    Minimal =     (1.50*) ↑  National B ↑↑       7 ↑   7 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   5 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       National   (2.00*)
2024/25    Poor           =     Below Average =   Adequate =            Excellent   ↑    Adequate     ↑     National = (2.00*) =
2025/26    Below Average ↑↑     Below Average =   Adequate =            Excellent   =    Good         ↑     National = (2.00*) =
2026/27    Below Average ↑↑     Below Average =   Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Excellent    ↑     National = (2.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      42        17       11       14          57              62                  -5              40.48%
2025/26      40        11        9       20          54              73                 -19              27.50% ↓
2026/27      41        12       11       18          57              73                 -16              29.27% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25          42        17       11       14          57              62                  -5              40.48%             322 days
2025/26          82        28       20       34         111             135                 -24              34.15% ↓           664 days
2026/27         123        40       31       52         168             208                 -40              32.52% ↓         1,035 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 8 January 2026    Sam Taibi                 Right Wing             VV IJsselmeervogels          The Netherlands                £10,500
20 January 2027    Miha Vekić YP26A17        Attacking Midfielder   Almere City FC               The Netherlands               £100,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker          Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Keuken Kampioen Divisie               8th       Second Round             Lost in first round of promotion playoffs.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Keuken Kampioen Divisie              17th ↓     Second Round =           A season of struggle.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Keuken Kampioen Divisie              14th ↑     Third Round  ↑           Mid table mediocrity.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    Alain Garnier YP25A1                      2
2025/26    Alain Garnier YP25A1                     23
2026/27    Alain Garnier YP25A1                     34

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2024/25    No one                                       0
2025/26    Kenrick Paul YP26B18                         2
2026/27    Kenrick Paul YP26B18                         3

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2024/25    No one                                      0
2025/26    Alain Garnier YP25A1                        1
2026/27    Alain Garnier YP25A1                        1
           Mischa Vrede YP26L28                        1

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    No one                                     0
2025/26    No one                                     0
2026/27    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

144767.png.9f4dad3472c4e9a6696f4f2fea75fea6.png

image.png.f105bbad17a1331a28d7d718dcf0af3c.png

F.C. Lusitanos - Season 9 (30/31) Review

A decent season, very similar to last season in the league.  We have established ourselves as the 'best of the rest' but are still some way off Inter Escaldes.  We move in to our new stadium at the start of the next season and I hope that we will see a big increase in attendances and matchday income.  We need this as we're losing about £50k per month now.

On The Pitch

First Team

image.png.8064605016aa05d3072f95c4ff95ac06.png

image.png.9bac9e93bc48afdbc839ba7e2f5c84a8.png

League

image.png.ad14264a669e96ad2259efe4f44fa252.png

xG table (predicted 60 points (+3))

Spoiler

image.png.349e55e47dcdf0b1b08dd608896e3940.png

Cup

image.png.8c4646dec46581519e7aceaf666637ac.png

Europe

image.png.2ac1151bed0ef8bf78b3cdee5b0e3fc8.png

Off The Pitch

Youth Intake - described as 'Excellent' (4.5 star)

image.png.05a7babbe04a2b674f967723bf08396a.png

Preview and HoYD

Spoiler

image.png.b5b1e26173b7d45ad9316a668c1b18c4.png

image.png.7344c9a35a14336b36a43e4ded781fe4.png

Managers Player of the Year

image.png.9cef7139a9de6bfdb09baaf6076e9ef5.png

image.png.ce6b29b3a25bbfd42ff75d43f4bb5eba.png

The Manager

Spoiler

image.png.167dc661e591d74f1c599c254ccefa0f.png

image.png.e27c9f17eb0e61f5b783b1a4bd6200f3.png

image.thumb.png.eb67773b48202b0c9d1850e57cc25bc7.png

SUMMARY

image.png.2dcefb27ef3a5d6b82ac08ac37fe177a.png

image.png.b2fd536a04c31de2af723ed25f54d66b.png

image.thumb.png.deddc74f2fdf1a60b56bb05d1cfad7f9.png

Edited by JAwtunes

21 hours ago, the_hdk said:

Guys after many seasons (season 7)...I can finally update the youth facilities!

86rLUdO.png

This gives me hope.... Such an annoying bug, think it's the most annoying one I've encountered at least since the Copa libertadores disappearing bug that was messing up everyone's Ultimate Challenge attempts some years ago.

@Makoto Nakamura did your option disappear after you moved to a new stadium? I think that's what it did for me. I'm trying to ask for a new stadium now in the hope that this resets the bug, but the board keep saying 30k is enough for our ambitions. Not like there is another team in Barcelona playing in a 90k seater stadium...

13 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

@XaWis this challenge possible in Gibraltar?

I'm pretty sure there is only one tier there. The other tier is a youth tier, I think. And we have locked the rules to at least two divisions to be eligible for this challenge.

16 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Sorry for restarting so often recently, but I'm not getting saves to really stick. So I do whatever I do when that happens. I go back home. Follo Fotballklubb is my local team, as most in here know by now, and I noticed that in the newest update, the squad has been redone. I can't really say no to that, so here we go again!

The team got promoted from the (view-only default) 4th tier by themselves the first season, so I take over the club just as the 2022 season is about to start.

CZn4eL8.png

Il9YTqO.png

In stead of writing a long text about the club, I'll just copy the nice one I wrote for my try in FM21! :D

For those of you who don't know much about this club, the club was established in 2000 as a way of creating a big team in the region of Follo, just south of Oslo. The issue with players from the area is that there were no big teams around, and to really try to become a good player, youths had to play for a team in Oslo and that's not ideal for the travel needed. So the local football teams went together with some local sponsors and created the club with the long term goal of becoming a bigger side. The other local teams would feed the best players into the club, and if those players became great and sold for a substantial fee, then it would drip a lot down to the local clubs. For a long while it looked promising and the team even reached the cup final and narrowly lost to Strømsgodset in 2010. A few years later the club started to have issues with money and the board resigned. So the club sort of failed, but are still the best club in the region, even if they didn't establish themselves as a top flight team. So this is where I come in to the story. Being a local, I played for a few of the feeder teams of Follo in my youth, I imagine myself as someone who has been away from football for a while and because of some connections I got the role as the manager of the team, promising to focus on the local youth players. Even if I will only use players from the youth intake, I'll think of them as young players brought in from the other locals teams become they came through! A few of the team are affiliates in the game already, but I'll try to keep them and add the others if I get the chance.

FAJBSos.png

The club has a decent youth setup, so I should get in some nice talents without that much hassle, at least I hope.

Well I feel the same way too :lol:

6 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Well I feel the same way too :lol:

I love when I get it to stick, and I hope I do it at home! :D

2 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

@XaWThat badge looks familiar :). Is that the one you played for once upon a time?

I've managed this club in this challenge for years! :D

3 hours ago, dkouv said:

This gives me hope.... Such an annoying bug, think it's the most annoying one I've encountered at least since the Copa libertadores disappearing bug that was messing up everyone's Ultimate Challenge attempts some years ago.

@Makoto Nakamura did your option disappear after you moved to a new stadium? I think that's what it did for me. I'm trying to ask for a new stadium now in the hope that this resets the bug, but the board keep saying 30k is enough for our ambitions. Not like there is another team in Barcelona playing in a 90k seater stadium...

It did! We moved into a brand new stadium and then the option was gone. :( 

zIcnY8W.png

2022 Midseason Review:

QoxKkka.png

Playing well above what I was expecting. I was hoping to just survive, and while things could still fall off I believe the team will survive.

2022 Youth Intake Preview:

joXjhiW.png

We have 12 non-gray players and I think one is going to retire, so I'll take anything!

SC Toulon Season 11 Youth Review

download.jpg.d65747cb38598bf3a9f32a1839c7f251.jpg

For some reason I had an all French youth intake this year. I hadn't changed my Head Of Youth Recruitment so I found this weird but not complaining. I just like getting players from different nations.

Anyway as always we had a great intake.

image.thumb.png.d82433c3f9f0db4d6f3bc1ab7ac90fd0.png

image.thumb.png.5ef00c52700dc55ccb3d48a32a5e7be1.png

image.thumb.png.3f57f08369240bcfc19be48829048a23.png

Here are some of the Elite Talents

Hassan Mekouar(YP122) - 15 Year Old French Central Defender

image.thumb.png.6c8c9f9e8cbe0f69c8b78055a788c666.png

Mekouar has a Fairly Professional personality and he has great Bravery and good Work Rate, Determination and Decisions.

Marc Ruffier(YP123) - 15 Year Old French Central Defender

image.thumb.png.a35210cc261efde55452fced05870c11.png

Ruffier looks like he will be a really good Central Defender in the making with his overall good attributes across the board. The key attributes he has is great Determination, good Technique and Tackling and he has a a Resilient personality which I think will help greatly with his progress.

Hugolin Ducasse(YP124) - 15 Year Old French Defensive Midfielder/Half Back

image.thumb.png.e58bfc5faa735dbaae8a1d574d4e41f9.png

I am excited about Ducasse even though his best position is a Defensive Midfielder/Half Back which is a position and role I don't use in my formation but he is also very capable of playing as a Central Defender and I can always train him to be a Central Midfielder. He has a Driven personality so I think he will play anywhere if he wants to.

Especially with a 19 in Determination. He also has good Bravery, Balance and Heading.

Manuel Fernandes(YP125) - 15 Year Old Full Back

image.thumb.png.479146384b0f970e4f56c6c02e2029c1.png

Fernandes is another player who plays in a position I don't use as I don't use Full Backs but I do use Defensive Wingers and I think he can get trained to play that role and he is versatile as he can play on either wing. He has 20 in Bravery which also makes me think he could become a good Central Defender but I have a lot of good Central Defenders already. 

He has a Professional personality and also has good Workrate, Jumping Reach and Aggression. 

He has also has 14 in Leadership so maybe a future Captain for the club and he has 14 in Long Throws so maybe we could use that as a weapon just like Rory Delap did for Stoke.

Wow look at the value of Marc Ruffier(YP123) after he signs his youth contract. 

A minimum of £12.5m for him. He is going to be a very special player.

image.thumb.png.9180c1417504581a92698fc80d2f629c.png

Ducasse looks like he will be even better then Ruffier. Ducasse has a minimum of £11m value and potential value of £19m

image.thumb.png.d0831c175f4f510a91dff44ead08a53a.png

My Defense is going to look very good for the future.

@zeus77Congrats!

@libbyshuss congrats also - getting out of Serie C seems to be one hell of a task! I generally dislike playoffs, even in the Spanish divisions, but the Italian ones seem to be a completely next level of craziness. Just hope you don't get relegated back down after all that ;) 

Minor Update 22.4.1 (includes but not limited to):

- Addressed an issue related to add/remove leagues not working correctly
- Fix to reinstate ability to search for players by all available nationalities
- Fix for newly added text not appearing translated correctly in some languages

Hope the "not limited to", is a fix to the facilities one.

Edited by The7Striker