Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Yeah, that's ominous.  Clearly expecting the public to gather imminently.

Noticed a police van outside Buckingham Palace too.

Guess the roundabout would be closed the second there was an announcement.

Changing of the Guard also isn't happening this afternoon 

Edited by batch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Witchell has given her mobility issues, suggested a fall, given her cancer, given her gout...all in the space of 20 minutes.

****ing "Royal Correspondent". What a pointless job. He doesn't actually know anything more than anybody else.

Witchell should have been quietly led away by a senior producer to an empty studio whilst they pretended he was broadcasting live. This is awful stuff.

11 minutes ago, Anthrax Dave said:

Man, 24hr News can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

I remember when Diana died and it was just Peter Sissons (in a blue tie?) popping up on BBC 1 unexpectedly.

Diana was during the night and I think they moved to black ties/outfits in the morning

Queen is always going to be black outfits, they've probably been planning this for years

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

Driving home and radio 2 goes quiet, **** I thought she's gone!!! 

Nope the car cut the station to a local one for a traffic report :D

Don't put the foot down too heavy.

13 minutes ago, TM said:

Diana was during the night and I think they moved to black ties/outfits in the morning

Queen is always going to be black outfits, they've probably been planning this for years

Yeah they interrupted Live TV which interrupted my post-beers viewing to replace it with hours of footage of a road. 

8 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

It is weird. According to the BBC site "Dozens of well-wishers have gathered outside the gates of Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire."

Why? I find it odd.

I was once walking past Buckingham Palace when something was going on with a precession of cars. I said to my friend 'Not sure what's going on here, but looks interesting'. Then an Australian tourist turned round to me and said 'You're English and you don't know what's going on!?' to which I replied 'I may be English, but I live 200 miles from here and the Queen isn't something we keep an eye on a daily basis.'

2 minutes ago, Vynal Seven said:

Yeah but the way their talking is just bizarre. Talking about “bouncing back” and “underlying health issues” yeah, mate, she’s 100 ffs. 

What else can they say? They are going to be positive everyone knows including the public that its otherwise 

2 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

Yeah they interrupted Live TV which interrupted my post-beers viewing to replace it with hours of footage of a road. 

there's still people out there wondering if Cybernet will be coming back :D

that was the programme that was interrupted when ITV did live reporting during the night for the accident

3 minutes ago, TM said:

there's still people out there wondering if Cybernet will be coming back :D

that was the programme that was interrupted when ITV did live reporting during the night for the accident

There is footage of it on Youtube when it break that the accident happened... I think 

2 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

What else can they say? They are going to be positive everyone knows including the public that its otherwise 

Make it a celebration. She’s lived 100 years of a life of f***ing luxury and privilege. She’s had a bloody good run. Celebrate her life, look back on some of the highlights and then move on to talking about it being 2022 and probably time for ‘royalty’ to not be a thing any more. 

Just now, oche balboa said:

There is footage of it on Youtube when it break that the accident happened... I think 

I remember walking downstairs from my bedroom next morning after a late night drinking evening, asking my dad if anything happened that night. The reply sobered me up right there.

1 minute ago, Vynal Seven said:

Make it a celebration. She’s lived 100 years of a life of f***ing luxury and privilege. She’s had a bloody good run. Celebrate her life, look back on some of the highlights and then move on to talking about it being 2022 and probably time for ‘royalty’ to not be a thing any more. 

It's not happened yet. And Royalty will continue 

3 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

The amount of people watching this thread right now for news. :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.120d766f68eaa375593e1e9b240db53b.png

I spent all day Monday refreshing Brendan Rodgers Out threads on Leicester forums after hours of speculation that lead nowhere after Sunday’s result, now I’m on here refreshing this thread every 30 seconds too. Modern life is exhausting :p

Edited by MIR17

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

I remember walking downstairs from my bedroom next morning after a late night drinking evening, asking my dad if anything happened that night. The reply sobered me up right there.

woke up on Sunday morning, noticed GMTV was full of black graphics

normally stayed up late on Saturday nights but that was one of the times I didn't do so, went to my bed before the accident happened as BBC1 were still doing "closedown" at that point if people remember that ;)

I was 7 when Diana died, I woke up the morning of Diana’s death and went downstairs to watch Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network. It had a black scrolling bar at the bottom saying to switch to a major channel for important news. But I wanted to continue watching Tom and Jerry so I ignored it. 

someone said last time a royal died they announced medical decline and then provided hourly updates from then until passing - so sounds like we are about to get that announcement soon and then we go from there

very sad

Edited by profii