Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I think that's a photoshop job isn't it?

Don't know, tbh. I can't see those channels on my planner for some reason. It possibly is as the rows are off.

But, check your planner. There are a lot of channels, defo Sky ones, showing the funeral

Edited by anagain

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Unfortunately for him people here don't really care much about this funeral.

Is there much (or any) coverage about the Queen since her death outside the UK? Wonder what the perspective is abroad.

Just now, Lucas said:

Is there much (or any) coverage about the Queen since her death outside the UK? Wonder what the perspective is abroad.

There is some in Brazil, but it doesn't dominate the news (and the Ukraine War doesn't dominate either), news here are focused mostly on domestic political stuff as we have elections in a couple of weeks, so that's where people are more worried about.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There was some paper review on the BBCat one point, some Austrian paper had a really large section on it.

NFL matches last week had a minute's silence or applause (can't remember which) for it :D

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There is quite a bit of coverage in the Netherlands, but mainly newspaper. 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

The day after she died, there were a number of articles in the paper - about her work, people paying respects and her visits to India. Since then, there's been the odd article here and there about Charles becoming king, the queues and foreign dignitaries visiting.

"No we can't have alphabetical seating in the abbey, we'd have Iraq and Iran next to each other. Not to mention Israel and Jordan all sitting in the same pew. We'd be in danger of starting world war III! Yes I know Ireland also starts with an 'I' but no. Ireland doesn't make it any better, Ireland never makes anything any better!"

3 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I did my mintue silence at my front door like I did during the pandemic so I'll be an emotional wreck today given it's my birthday too as I'll be watching the whole day got alarm set for 7am today

I went to the chicken shop, and got myself a doner wrap and the misses got a tower burger. Its what Liz would have wanted. I was an emotional wreck after it was finished, namely as I went for spicy and knew that this morning was going to be sore.

21 hours ago, Rafalution said:

But they aren't really in charge, your PM is. Just like we have a monarch but still have to wake up with Truss in charge

They're not in charge but they're head of state if only in name. I know, not much of a comfort.

I quite like the king but I don't like any of our politicians. If we had little lords, earls and dukes on every hilltop I'd probably have a different attitude tbf.

I'm not a Republican. I might watch the news for 10 minutes this evening, but I don't really get it. It's just a funeral. Nothing's going to happen. I mean, obviously if I was live screen-shotting I could get ahead of the memes. It is going to be one of the most important days for memes. I concede that.

The Coronation might be a bit interesting, and for those people who watching it all is important, that's fine. Ceremony is important for some.