The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

@WhiteCat33

I know you play a "portuguese" team in Luxembourg but it's a little bit strange that you don't have more german or french youth players.

And my board accepted after the big transfer to level up the youth recruitment.

PTYtM6Y.png

Edited by gb2003

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, gb2003 said:

@WhiteCat33

I know you play a "portuguese" team in Luxembourg but it's a little bit strange that you don't have more german or french youth players.

And my board accepted after the 13 mio transfer to level up the youth recruitment.

PTYtM6Y.png

Not with how the foreign youth academies work. For one like ASL Porto it is essentially 100% Portuguese players with the only exception being Cape Verde, which is a natural draw for certain POR clubs (which apparently mine is one of). My 2 other nationality players both had Portuguese primary nationality so weren't actual foreign players. 

If we can get to Continental Reputation, we might start drawing foreign players in but I expect them to be very rare. This is why I'm excited about the Affiliates finally as that should give me some other nationalities. Something interesting is LUX clubs highest second nationality is actually POR and after that its a steep drop to the FRA, BEL or GER. 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb WhiteCat33:

Not with how the foreign youth academies work. For one like ASL Porto it is essentially 100% Portuguese players with the only exception being Cape Verde, which is a natural draw for certain POR clubs (which apparently mine is one of). My 2 other nationality players both had Portuguese primary nationality so weren't actual foreign players. 

If we can get to Continental Reputation, we might start drawing foreign players in but I expect them to be very rare. This is why I'm excited about the Affiliates finally as that should give me some other nationalities. Something interesting is LUX clubs highest second nationality is actually POR and after that its a steep drop to the FRA, BEL or GER. 

Thanks for the clear answer. Doesn't know that ASL Porto is a foreign youth academy.

7 minutes ago, m15k3BEAST said:

I have a question if anyone knows, why do I don't have option for upgrading youth facilities? Can it be some bug, because after I got new stadium, I don't have that option anymore?

This might answer some of your question. It could also be that the chairman doesn't place enough importance on developing youth and doesn't give that upgrade option anymore.

16 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

This might answer some of your question. It could also be that the chairman doesn't place enough importance on developing youth and doesn't give that upgrade option anymore.

9aefd0b523cedeeb26c1002bdc9c2142.png

This is not the problem. I have read that about stadium, so only thing I can think of is because we got new stadium. And we have some good balance, so money should not be the problem. After we god new stadium, they accepted every request for training facilities, but option for youth was not there.

936683824_2025Review(14865mm).thumb.png.654debea674717a0994b0ca463485126.png

Season Summary

We exceeded my expectations and ended up securing safety with four games to spare. It was a season of three thirds, with us initially starting terribly and only picking up 2 wins in our first 13 games. We picked up after the winter break, managing 7 wins in our next 13 which had us all but safe with 7 games remaining. Our worst run of the season was those last seven games where we failed to win, largely due to me trying to give game time to our younger players but we still survived by 10 points, a huge success for our first season at this level. Ferencvaros didn't win the title for the first time in 7 seasons, finishing runners up to Mol Fehervar. Although the gap to the top teams looks big we did compete well taking points off all of the top four teams, whilst beating fifth placed Honved on all three of our meetings against them. Our cup run again ended in the fifth round to fellow top tier side Diosgyori, with a 4-0 home thumping reflecting my desire to keep my first team fit and fresh for the league games either side of the tie.

On the club structure side we managed an upgrade to both training facilities and youth recruitment which was handy, though the board won't budge on junior coaching yet. Although we lose a bit of money month on month it is currently well covered by the TV rights in the league so I'm hoping to push some more upgrades next season. Annoyingly my U19s aren't playing in a league yet and my 2nd team seem to have disappeared altogether so I'll be looking to get some of the younger lads on loan asap until the invitation to a youth league arrives.

Youth Intake 

1447591162_2025intake.png.1181b8fed8e71dc62a6a8365a0d227cc.png 409576446_2025Nagy.thumb.png.021bc0b4ef1531d7ad92d20878a480f0.png 2112239963_2025Koronczai.thumb.png.7148ad47539238384026d3c5b30a716f.png

Another strong looking intake. For the second season in a row the best prospect was a centre half called Nagy which could be confusing in a few season! He went straight into the first team group and managed 5 appearances at the end of the season without disgracing himself. Koronczai also came on as a sub in the last two games but will at least start next season in the under 19s. In total I signed 7 players from this intake and have high hopes we will see a few in the first team in the coming seasons.

Key Players

595827335_2025lekai.thumb.png.9abbcd9e5e5aabbec66d9c03e690247d.png 1668763446_2025murai.thumb.png.c57b8d386ab46bf1a43a59dbf596d1b7.png 1554721101_2025toth.thumb.png.3c48569116f9a5d2a6724649cd261cac.png

Lekai is our best player in my assistant's opinion and he didn't disappoint. Despite conceding 64 overall I have no doubt he saved us more than the 10 points we survived by. He's only just entering his peak as a keeper but I do worry we don't have anyone near his level when he does start to decline. Murai had the highest average rating in the squad and managed another 13 goals despite me dropping him back to AMC to try and make us a bit tighter against the stronger teams. His strike partner Popov hit 19 to take both to over 40 goals each in two seasons. Toth was a revelation at centre half after last season's defensive retirements. He did unfortunately break his back 5 games before the end of the season and I'm hoping it doesn't do too much harm to his physical stats before he returns ready for next seasons.

Transfers

907619814_2025transfers.thumb.png.5a121e77ffe2634050c6b9be52bfc533.png

No transfers but two of our defenders from the first season success retired before the start of the season. Three more players will be leaving on frees this summer after becoming surplus to requirements in the first team. Our young midfielder Urbantsok has been making noises about wanting to leave all season and has now confirmed he will be exploring his options at the end of his contract. He's now in the Hungary u21s and I'm at the crossroads of do I try and sell him now or let him run his contract down to get one more season out of him and push for a top half finish.

1 hour ago, m15k3BEAST said:

9aefd0b523cedeeb26c1002bdc9c2142.png

This is not the problem. I have read that about stadium, so only thing I can think of is because we got new stadium. And we have some good balance, so money should not be the problem. After we god new stadium, they accepted every request for training facilities, but option for youth was not there.

In the FM22 Winter Update SI introduced this bug. Basically, whatever formula the game uses to generate the option to ask the board for a Youth Facility upgrade says the board will never approve an upgrade so the option isn't made available to even ask (even though you could certainly convince the board to do it). From others editing savegames it seems to be linked to your Chairmen's Working With Youngsters value and the club reputation. In my save last year in Slovenia if you edited the chairmen's WwY to 20 the option to upgrade would magically appear. You'll also notice that even w/o a Chairman switch if you improve your club's reputation it will return. 

For my save in Luxembourg I'm locked at Great for now until either 1) Board Takeover or 2) Increase to Continental 3.5* Reputation. We've reported this to SI multiple times so they have to be aware of it, but it still hasn't been addressed.

5 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

In the FM22 Winter Update SI introduced this bug. Basically, whatever formula the game uses to generate the option to ask the board for a Youth Facility upgrade says the board will never approve an upgrade so the option isn't made available to even ask (even though you could certainly convince the board to do it). From others editing savegames it seems to be linked to your Chairmen's Working With Youngsters value and the club reputation. In my save last year in Slovenia if you edited the chairmen's WwY to 20 the option to upgrade would magically appear. You'll also notice that even w/o a Chairman switch if you improve your club's reputation it will return. 

For my save in Luxembourg I'm locked at Great for now until either 1) Board Takeover or 2) Increase to Continental 3.5* Reputation. We've reported this to SI multiple times so they have to be aware of it, but it still hasn't been addressed.

Thanks for reply. So if I undestand you, after i get my reputation to 3.5* it should be available?

11 minutes ago, m15k3BEAST said:

Thanks for reply. So if I undestand you, after i get my reputation to 3.5* it should be available?

For the next upgrade probably, but it will likely only be for just 1 and then will disappear again. With the bug the way it is it's almost impossible to max Youth Facilities outside of the Big 5 nations.

Considering our youth players are still only subs for the most part I don't really understand what has happened here. Using the same starting 11 as last season, with only 2 or 3 still at a developing age.. this is the table with 7 games to go.

Tableupdate.thumb.png.b88db15ce8fb8b82e51462a1d79c34df.png

As amazed and delighted as I am, we've played Ferencvaros twice and drawn 5-5 and lost 4-3 after leading 5-2 and 3-1 in each respective game!

I am looking at starting a save in the lower leagues in England. My local team, Prescot Cables, are playing in level 8 of the pyramid. Am I ok to load 7 levels and take over them if they get promoted to level 7 after holidaying? Would this be acceptable for this challenge?

I know I keep asking all these question, for some reason I just can't get going this year. I wanted to play in a nation that hasn't been completed yet, but I just can't get going. I started a save in Kazakhstan and it was going gteat, but then I realised that we weren't in the national cup for some reason. There must of been a bug in the file.

37 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

I am looking at starting a save in the lower leagues in England. My local team, Prescot Cables, are playing in level 8 of the pyramid. Am I ok to load 7 levels and take over them if they get promoted to level 7 after holidaying? Would this be acceptable for this challenge?

I know I keep asking all these question, for some reason I just can't get going this year. I wanted to play in a nation that hasn't been completed yet, but I just can't get going. I started a save in Kazakhstan and it was going gteat, but then I realised that we weren't in the national cup for some reason. There must of been a bug in the file.

yes i think this is okay mate. same principles just lower down.

3 hours ago, siiriainen said:

**FM 21**

spacer.png

Hamra Annaba Club Sportif (Ligue Nationale du Football Amateur, Tier 3 Algeria)

Season 1 - 2021/2022 - A New Beginning 

Club Background: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Located in the third largest city in Algeria, Annaba (which is a costal city near the border of Tunisia), Hamra Annaba Club Sportif was founded in 1944 and was just promoted to Algeria's third tier. Although they currently play in the amateur divisions, the team had a spell of success in the 1960s and 1970s with league title from the top division in 1964 and the football association's top cup in 1972. The team has a decently sized 15,000 capacity stadium (no idea if it comes close to a sell out), but basic and poor facilities, including fairly basic junior coaching and youth recruitment. Will a new manager from Albania who doesn't speak Arabic or French be able to return this team to glory using only players from the youth academy and eventually win the CAF Champions League or will he be sacked midway through the first season? Only time will tell. 

spacer.png 

Algeria's third tier, the Ligue Nationale du Football Amateur, is a completely amateur division with no foreign players allowed - not that that is much of an issue for me since I'm not signing anyone - split into 4 different groups. We are in Groupe C of the league. Each group has 16 teams and they play each other twice, with the top team promoted into tier two while the bottom two are relegated. Despite being freshly promoted the board at Hamra Annaba Club Sportif are an ambitious bunch and seek a top two finish in the league. Since the team only has 17 players (that are vulnerable to be snatched for free since they're amateurs) and are only just promoted, this may be a tall order. Hopefully the board is sympathetic. Time to hire an assman and Head of Youth Development and seeing what the shape of this squad is like before the season kicks off. 

Actually, false start on this one. My only GK got poached by another team and I had to play with one greyed out and the sack was coming soon. Will restart and go again 

FC_JJK_svg.png.b71c5c39f1117a1504467318339ac41e.png

Well, the thing I was afraid of, just happened. I lost two of my best players. Both of them didn't want to stay at JJK any longer, so this was the best I could get for them. The money is very welcome, and in both deals we managed to get a 50% clausule. And I think we will get some nice money in the future if Haglund 23e is developing well at Napoli.

With this money we are finally able to upgrade our Youth Facilities for the first time!

GS9yMMO.jpg

h7cAvq5.jpg

2 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Yes, it'll just be assigned to a different staff member.

It's just happened now. I'm in Georgia and have struggled to get any staff, as I can't offer any wages. It's been just me and the lads this season :-)

Just bought FM23, looking to throw myself into this challange and start in Italy. Question when adding the additional leagues as its Italy is it just Seria D or is it the individual D leagues?

15 minutes ago, streety said:

Just bought FM23, looking to throw myself into this challange and start in Italy. Question when adding the additional leagues as its Italy is it just Seria D or is it the individual D leagues?

Welcome to the challenge! If you load Serie D it will automatically load in all the players from that level saving you having to choose the individual leagues.

1 minute ago, officiallydeej said:

Welcome to the challenge! If you load Serie D it will automatically load in all the players from that level saving you having to choose the individual leagues.

Thats what i thought but wasnt sure. Thanks for the answer @officiallydeej528074130_giphy(1).gif.47cff50e287dba776a7a114bd4b790f1.gif