The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

21 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, it's gutting @Neo_Geo especially after you've spent the time nurturing them, checking their training and watching them grow into key players for your team, really thought I had two slots nailed down for years. I guess they're an ambitious pair so fair play I suppose

I've already accepted a bid for Turitsov, £135k + 30% of the profit, he came to me and said he'll never sign a contract at the club and would leave for free so I just accepted to avoid the stink he'd kick up 

Sounds like Dortmund have found themselves a  feeder club :onmehead:

It’s what makes the challenge all the more rewarding when these clubs come in for your players and they aren’t interested. You just have to hope you gave enough depth to survive until the next ones come through (no guarantees that they will). You may find you just have to pick one of the players to put your foot down with and let them go for nothing as it’s better to get them scoring goals for you than playing another player who is nowhere near ready to replace them. The trick is knowing which player to do it with, preferably not influential as that way you can minimise the detrimental impact to dressing room atmosphere. Just make sure if the players moan you always a) tell them the team will be weakened and b) how unprofessional they are for disagreeing with you (never removes the issue but it at least improves your discipline rating which means players are less likely to cross you in the future and will back down more if they do).

I do love this challenge :D

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I do love this challenge :D

Some good tips, thanks

I do, I'm a nooby to this, it's hard work but it gets you invested

Tonight's been a kick in the nuts but you roll onward (for now :lol:)

Operário dos Açores – Season 10 (2032/33)

Liga 3 It’s groundhog day again here: we won the league at a canter, but failed miserably in the promotion playoffs. The playoffs were extra painful this year though, as we were playing really well in the regular season, blowing everyone away, and then absolutely blew it in the playoffs. I mean, like, losing the first game 3-2 from 2-0 up, losing a couple of very tight games we deserved to win, drawing to a last minute equaliser… So we finished bottom of the promotion group this year, and that was that, another season in the 3rd division purgatory beckons.

spacer.png spacer.png

Players: Trying to promote a few more youngsters, with the main surprise being Dulio Do O, who was rated 2.5* PA at intake and who I only signed because of his professional personality, but now he has developed into a pretty decent right back, which is quite handy since I have no more right backs at the club (my attempts to retrain midfielders to play in that position have so far failed).

spacer.png

Youth intake: Another year of poor personalities and very little CA. Dinis Soares 10a is rated as having 5* PA, but I'll believe it when I see him develop...

spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities/finances: more cash injections but the board are now cutting our wage budget, I hope we can get promoted in the next few years.

Transfers Nothing of note.

Season    |  League               | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                     |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  5   |     n/a         |  Paulo Bessa (ST)	              | 
2024/25   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  2   |     n/a         |  Pedro Tavares (DC)              | Promoted through playoffs
2025/26   | Liga 3 South          |  8   |     n/a         |  Pedro Tavares (DC)              | 1st in relegation playoff
2026/27   | Liga 3 South          |  9   |     n/a         |  Tiago Oliveira (DR)             | Relegated
2027/28   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  6   |     n/a         |  Juvenal Catojo 03a (AMC)	      | 
2028/29   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  3   |     n/a         |  Juvenal Catojo 03a (AMC)	      | 
2029/30   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  1   |     n/a         |  José Mendes 04d (ST)	      | Promoted through playoffs
2030/31   | Liga 3 South          |  1   |     n/a         |  José Mendes 04d (ST)	      | Lost in promotion playoff
2031/32   | Liga 3 South          |  1   |     n/a         |  Iuri Puga 06a (DC)	      | Lost in promotion playoff
2032/33   | Liga 3 South          |  1   |     n/a         |  Juvenal Catojo 03a (AMC)	      | Lost in promotion playoff

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   |  Average      |  Above average    | Average        |  Basic          |  800
2024/25   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Average        |  Basic          |  800
2025/26   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  1500
2026/27   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2027/28   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2028/29   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2029/30   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2030/31   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2031/32   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996
2032/33   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  2996

zOBhAAG.png

LToIeZN.png

DZDLmlb.png

I decided to give Croatia another try. I had an interesting team there in FM22 but finances blew it up. 

G7SY3aW.png

Oo1JnHH.png

YXDaa4P.png

I played a couple of matches to get a feel for where the team is and uh...it's not great. We're not getting blown out, but no offense at all. The bottom three are automatically relegated, and 9th is in a relegation playoff. Hopefully, things get worked out or this could be a brief run.

Louletano Desportos Clube - End of season review 2032/33

Louletanologo.png.99bb4808ba709e53e0affcd32d319860.png

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | TransfersFinances

The League 

15table.thumb.PNG.25cf9ae959f776d4450884a27b16deb0.PNG

We survived.

Most of the year was dismal. we started with just one win in the first 15 games. wich was fun... There was a clear pack of 5 relegation candidates that stayed close for most of the season and we were in the bottom 3 for most of it. 7 points in our last three games, including two wins against fellow relegation battlers, makes the final table look a lot more comfortable than it was.

To put our performance into perspective. the last time we were in Liga 2 we were relegated with the same point total as we got this season, 31. In fact, in none of the seasons played so far would 31 points have been enough to avoid relegation playoffs. 

The Cups

15cups.PNG.e67f58ab61c4ffd42cd2be18ea733f54.PNG

Nacional from Liga NOS was to much for us in the Allianz cup. While Santa Clara (also from Liga Nos) got the better of us in the Taca de Portugal. The second time we got to sixth round in my tenure and another respectable showing in the cups.

Youth Intake 

15YI.thumb.PNG.4f7d88e41f771f9724f621f235bdf04d.PNG

a good Intake with a nice combination of PA and Personalities this time.

As I'm typing this Yuriy Borshch 3301 is at the UEFA U-19 Championship for Ukraine. I have high hopes for him.

The squad

Not much to say in such a dismal season. Our top performer and topscorer was Diogo Cardoso 3002 But it was anything but a good season for even him.

Wilson Evora 2401 did become the first YI player to claim the most appearances for Louletano.

15evorarecord.PNG.d3cb029bcb6701b52633756de4793591.PNG

The legend becomes less and less relevant for us with more players breaking through. But he still has a place with us. Together with Pedro Serras 2404 that makes two players from the first intake that are still with us 10 years into the save.

Off the field

Investments from the board into the club have stopped and our debt has skyrocketed. Things don't look great.

I did manage to get my Continental A Licence.

15badge.PNG.9d2c98e9833d57378f88530d4bee7881.PNG

And I am studying for the Continental Pro.

15endofseason.thumb.PNG.fa5f60d01216ee40316845543f3d84a2.PNG

@libbyshuss that’s insane for a makeshift striker, you thinking of retraining him and making it permanent?

I often tend to go on personality now with the 5 star (or as I call them 4.5 star given the white 5th star), if they have potential but have low determination, unambitious, low self belief etc. I tend not to play them unless I have to. No idea if I’ve ever let superstars go over this method but it’s served me pretty well.

On 04/01/2023 at 20:15, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Brønshøj BK live score, schedule and results - Football - Sofascore

Brønshøj BK - Review Season 12

We're still stagnating in the league. We finished either 10th or 9th for the fourth season in a row and we actually had 1 less point than last season, although we finished 7 points clear of relegation. Our players took steps to improve this year and towards the end of the season we could consistently score goals for the first time in forever. The issue is that we still concede 2+ in most matches. The defenders developed, but not super rapidly and they're still short. This year's intake did not help much on that front either. We will continue to push forward as we always do.

IP0dCr.jpgG9aQRw.jpg

Key players:

Reveal hidden contents

RkoD40.jpg

wYQGZx.jpg

twkN9g.jpg

Wasn't enjoying the game for a while, but after a few months I've got the itch to come back. Expect the 2036 intake in a couple days.

18 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

that’s insane for a makeshift striker, you thinking of retraining him and making it permanent?

I often tend to go on personality now with the 5 star (or as I call them 4.5 star given the white 5th star), if they have potential but have low determination, unambitious, low self belief etc. I tend not to play them unless I have to. No idea if I’ve ever let superstars go over this method but it’s served me pretty well.

yeah, i prioritise personality over stars down at this level too. It seems to make a big difference but, as you say, who knows who i lost?

Fetahagic is one of those weird players who's a natural at MC and S.  I kinda like players like that, gives me a huge amount of options. I always thought he'd be better suited in midfield but shows how much i know! then again, he just hit 42 goals in 31 games and our coach calles him a fringe player!

fetahagic.thumb.JPG.23a1bd4f0b440d0b41251178abba21c9.JPG

Well I forgot to take pic of fired and table at time. I did capture the xG table though.

5Olr5we.png

After 11 matches I was fired. Only 1 win and 4 draws. That XGA of +10 is brutal. I was curious if they would turn around without me

PUG5BZO.png

not really. they beat the same team I got a win three more times and a win against a team I drew. 

So what's next? I'm open to suggestions. 

Really bad start to the season, lost two keys players, kids I'd brought through but as soon as other teams came if for them they were gone.  @Neo_Geo called it, left for a pittance and barely played (the one made 9 subs appearances)

2728transfers.thumb.png.e27c4af5c19f405699380be5518b5717.png

I've annoyed another two players, one for fining him for a 5.9 (I thought that was a thing? :D) and the other for blocking a bid

I don't mind either leaving to be honest, at this point the first team squad is bloated, the U-18's squad is bloated and the bank account is empty. A few seniors are retiring and/or out of contract

This season was about blooding the kids and staying up

2728table.thumb.png.57f74c1ddc4b5f6048929eea7585820f.png

The preview was alright, no AMC for a change :thup:

preview2728.png.c4685163f69f0f133e680029c54dca1b.png

2728youths.thumb.png.fb97bbc0d6ad3f305b0d6b156deb8511.png

A DM, a couple of midfielders and a one and half star defender! I was over the moon!! I've got about 6 one star defenders right now, at one point 5 of them were injured at the same time :lol: The full back is a bit meh, he's slow, so no good to me really 

Nothing of note this year really, though I did get a bit more into Mentoring groups and I got a Junior coaching budget upgrade :thup:

16 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Well I forgot to take pic of fired and table at time. I did capture the xG table though.

5Olr5we.png

After 11 matches I was fired. Only 1 win and 4 draws. That XGA of +10 is brutal. I was curious if they would turn around without me

PUG5BZO.png

not really. they beat the same team I got a win three more times and a win against a team I drew. 

So what's next? I'm open to suggestions. 

I read an article earlier on Hagi and his work to try and get Romania back to qualifying for world cups again, so maybe a run there given it’s still not complete as well.

20 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@Neo_Geo romania is a good shout but money and facilities are a issue. @Daddy if you decide to go there, make sure you choose the right team, like Viitorul Cluj or Kids Tampa. Might take a while but the facilities are really good. :D

@Winski mind be my assistant in Lok leipzig ? :D

I think I did Kids Tampa and either bombed out or got bored. 

2 hours ago, The7Striker said:

@Neo_Geo romania is a good shout but money and facilities are a issue. @Daddy if you decide to go there, make sure you choose the right team, like Viitorul Cluj or Kids Tampa. Might take a while but the facilities are really good. :D

@Winski mind be my assistant in Lok leipzig ? :D

With pleasure :D

On 05/04/2023 at 23:24, Johnny Ace said:

Really bad start to the season, lost two keys players, kids I'd brought through but as soon as other teams came if for them they were gone.  @Neo_Geo called it, left for a pittance and barely played (the one made 9 subs appearances)

it's a story as old as time!

i can't wait to get over that hump where your good players are actually happy to stay with you

6 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

@XaWcould you show Williams 28g?

I can!

Ne5iwAP.png

A big and strong lad, so I'm switching to a 4-4-2 with a TM/AF combo up top.

Sweet and sour season

Sweet, we exceeded expectations. Sour, we bottled promotion on the final day :(

2829table.thumb.png.3813b4ab531a4b6cfdbcc2877d307993.png

This season was about giving the kids a chance and a good few of them took the opportunity 

Stand out was Stanimir Chervenkiv with 29 goals in 27 league starts, if I can keep him next season, he could break the club's top goal scorer record 

Spoiler

Chervenkov2829.thumb.png.a329b1cc6e4f973fadf024f11498f837.png

Next was 16 year old left back Karamflilov who's now the club's best centre back

Spoiler

Karamfilov2829.thumb.png.c91f76eb3cd8e6c4ab0e0664ee51f20d.png

Big mention to box-to-box midfielder, Zelyamov, who got two back to back 4 months injuries but developed really well

Spoiler

Zalyemov2829.thumb.png.fd43891c83cc9c24ccf2ed82c0aa3403.png

Sure they'll all been annoyed soon enough :lol:

Preview was meh, need to cut down the squads more than anything

2829preveiw.thumb.png.9657642059dfbebd6e839196b2bd3242.png 

The intake was meh too, the personalities weren't great so only signed 6 or 7 of them. think that's my fault for switching the HOYD

2829kids.thumb.png.6ec6d70cc6bb7d069852fbe65802ab81.png 

We lost two promising left sided wingers this season which left us light 

transfers2829.thumb.png.d5639ead944caf057194dc553eb02331.png

We're losing a couple more veterans this season to retirement so much the same next season, chuck the kids in and see how we do 

On 22/02/2023 at 09:41, Daddy said:

MIPW92l.png

2031-32 Season Review:

kHQ1H3z.png

Late in the season, we lost our keeper. The backup is a significant dropoff and we went from challenging for the league to a comfy 3rd place. Disappointing to end up in Europa League Instead of the Champions League, but we go right into League Phase at least.

QICtqHY.png

k0pU5du.png

We had a really tough draw but managed to do well enough to claim the final playoff spot in the league phase. The score in the Real Madrid game is misleading as it was 1-0 until the 80th minute. two late goals to put it out of reach. Other than Milan we hung in with all the teams in the league phase. Porto in the playoff was a tough draw as well. The first match was a back-and-forth draw, but in the second leg we got thumped by the eventual winners of the Champions League. Overall I'd call it a successful run as we weren't completely run out of the competition.

jF88Dl1.png

We had the most wins in the league we've had, but more losses which cost us valuable points since we couldn't turn them into draws. Still more progress season over season.

AJ7p5Xv.png

Two repeat wonderkids. The first-place guy is our star goalie. Sadly he's in the final year of his contract and won't sign a new contract. 

mLh83Cb.png

Q8HSl4p.png

As you can see from the finances there's no real reason to see the wonderkid so I'll just run the contract down and hopefully get one more good season out of him. Youth Facilities was downgraded and I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet. Stadium was expanded to 10K which finished halfway through the season.

Youth Intake:

9pjsVPp.png

YABkmWM.png

Another varied intake. I signed all the players with three gold star potential. 

2032-33 Season preview:

gvFLhRX.png

q3FvB6T.png

leKAirx.png

2Xqu44J.png

There have been repeating champions but the league is frequently won by different teams so no one team has dominated the league. As it's been for the last few seasons and will be going forward, I want to make a push to win the league and hopefully start to develop into that team that dominates. Newcastle and Freiburg are tough draws, but the rest are teams at or below levels we've beaten before so I expect to make the playoffs/knockouts in the Europa League. 

Decided to go back to this for now.