The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

We have a problem. The squad is unhappy with a team talk I gave. The only problem is I did not give a team talk. I used instant result and left the game to the staff.

i use instant result and get that from time to time. i always apologise and promise to do better last time and it usually goes away. It is weird and annoying though. 

3 hours ago, XaW said:

If it was arranged from before you took over and it couldn't be cancelled, then that's fine. Just take a screenshot of it from the date you joined showing the red (x) is not possible to click in the transfers tab and add it, and you're all good.

I tought that you had to put the guy in your youth team? I have had a great center back in there because he joined 1st of july while I joined 26th of june or something.

2 minutes ago, Basschaapje.2 said:

I tought that you had to put the guy in your youth team? I have had a great center back in there because he joined 1st of july while I joined 26th of june or something.

No, not if the transfer was arranged before you took over and is impossible to cancel. Those are ok. The rule you talk about is if the board buys players over your head. Then you stick them in the youth team and try to sell or release them asap.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

No, not if the transfer was arranged before you took over and is impossible to cancel. Those are ok. The rule you talk about is if the board buys players over your head. Then you stick them in the youth team and try to sell or release them asap.

That is great. Have been using a left midfielder as a center back.

Just now, Basschaapje.2 said:

That is great. Have been using a left midfielder as a center back.

Do note, you need a screenshot from the transfer centre where it shows its not possible to cancel at the day you took over. Just to avoid any confusion about it.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Do note, you need a screenshot from the transfer centre where it shows its not possible to cancel at the day you took over. Just to avoid any confusion about it.

Ah that will be a couple moths too late for me.
It might be that his transfer is still registerd in last season though. I'll check.

I hate the ReinMeer board, they will not do anything I ask them, no coaching course, no junior coaching, no youth recruitment. It is going to be pretty hard to do a youth only challenge if they will not give me some upgrades so I can get a youth intake. Anyone else having this problem?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

What can I do to change their mind?

EDIT: I decided to ask for something different and see if they would agree and they surprised me by agreeing to find an affiliate. 

EDIT 2: At last they did it, they improved junior coaching so I guess I get an intake now.

Edited by Mahzun_Savas

On 27/10/2023 at 13:27, Potat said:

We have 13 players, one's injured for 4 months,

Salisbury Struggles

This is really coming back to bite me now, had a system that was working well, won 8 out of the first 13, and hovered around the playoffs. Got a good result away to Swindon in the FA Cup which saw our balance increase nicely. Then the AI cracked our way of playing and have since won 1 out of the last 14 in the league. Currently sat 16th, 7 points clear of relegation and the board expecting a mid-table finish.

The Board has already had an emergency meeting threatening my job despite us having 12 PLAYERS, very limited in formation choice and nothing seems to work, really starting to see why England is such a challenge with the never-ending games. 

Need 2 wins from the next 4 games or you might see another new save from me soon.

MFC-bluewhite.jpg.b8284837b2506841272b8ef2a64bc60b.jpg

I'm starting with Macclesfield. They've got a big fanbase and I love the idea of success with a Phoenix club.

Macclesfield_.thumb.png.45918b04d3035bd0b6902eb69f8bc970.png

I'm determined to stick this out until I get fired or complete it.

Boring legal stuff

Spoiler

Game__Hornchurchyac__AddNewManager.thumb.png.1e28b21a538226d109e5e9d9454ffe85.png

FootballManager2024_ChooseNations-3.thumb.png.26bf4fa8f5e2c9c327ca95b2d6961ae8.png

Edited by Brentmeister

Quick midseason update.

image.thumb.png.2c9faed3db7384ce490eedaaa89ff019.pngJust finished inside the relagation group spots. For those not fimilliar with Ukraine's leagues like me. After 16 games it splits up in a promotion (top 4) and relegation group.

Also got the youth preview. One good AM should be an golden generation, doubtfull to say the least.

image.png

Am 21.10.2023 um 20:27 schrieb Virtual Male:

image.jpeg.725b9c283addbb46ed928a272cfaa494.jpeg

Season 1 2024/25

Manager Profile - Competitions - Finances

Competitions 

• Vanarama National League North - With a squad of 14 players and newly promoted my hopes weren't too high, fortunately we managed to avoid many injuries and my backup keeper only had to play outfield twice so it went pretty well really. A solid 13th place finish and in the play-off race for most of the season leaves me very positive for nest year when I can actually make subs, only missed the leagues goalscoring record by 3 goals but we conceded far too many, hopefully I can sort my defence out for next season.
  • English FA Trophy - Knocked out in the 3rd round, didn't prioritise either of the cup competitions at all.
  • English FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round, again didn't really pay much attention to the cups'

Squad - Plenty of options for rotation as you can see :lol:. I think most of the defensive struggles were down to me messing with the tactics all season and we just stopped scoring in the last half dozen games or so but the players were on the beach by then and they deserved it to be fair, far too many minutes for some players.

• Oliver Mehew - 43 G/A in 46 league games as my CAM, he dug the team out of trouble in more than a couple of games this season. I'm not expecting the same output next year and he shouldn't have to be playing every minute of every game so he'll still have legs come the end of the year.

Youth Intake - I forgot to grab a screenshot of the preview, it was 'excellent' but there wasn't any way to not be improving the first XI really. Lots of potential, a few half decent personalities and some players that could do a job in the first team and be at the right level all ready.

• Mathew Hughes (2025YP6) - Looks to be the star of the intake, has the ability to be in the team already. I don't know if they'll be much growth given we're part time and his personality is woeful but fingers crossed.

Transfers & Finances - The outs were all arranged from before I came in at the start of the season. The money isn't looking great, lost about £100k over the season but should be able to put the club back in the black with an extensive pre-season. No worries so far.

Other

• Managed to convince the board to send me for my first Coaching Badge, they wouldn't even consider anything else which given the club being in debt is fair enough I suppose.

What skin or option is it so u see the small pic of the face in squad view like the pic with ur intake?

HIF24

Well, no miracles here. The attack was solid (4th in goals scored and Svarups eventually won the top goalscorer title), but defense simply didn't exist (there was a game which we lost 4-8 :D ). Got first point in 7th game, first win in 14th, second half was much better but surely not enough.

ReinMeer Aomori FC

Mid Season Update

Half way through the season and we are top of the league by 5 points. We are scoring slightly more than 3 goals a game and conceding just less than 2 goals a game so high scores have been common. The goals have been shared around between attack and midfield with our top scorers have 12,10, 8,7,6 in the league. 

@the_hdk congrats on the promotion! I didn't realize the finances were strained in Japan. With such a large stadium I take it its from high costs rather than a lack of revenue streams? is it because of the maxed youth costs, or just in general money is tight? 

I'm always curious when they add a new league how balanced it feels. At least it seems not to be a Belgium situation.

7 hours ago, Ralph96 said:

What skin or option is it so u see the small pic of the face in squad view like the pic with ur intake?

I made a copy of the selection info from the tactics screen which has the little faces and then customised it in the squad view to get the columns I wanted. I feel like being able to see the players faces makes them a bit more 'real' and easier to get an attachment to them.

Youth intake update

In ukrain there is a 3 month holiday between december and march which speeds up the process towards getting the youth intake, came at a much needed time because of some injuries.

Full intake

image.png.1ef14473185e6d7dd57c82d66fc64058.pngBig one with four 'elite' talents, all fully Ukrainian. I think I got pretty bad personalities so might look for a new HOYD.

Best players:

Stanislav Dobryanskyi 25A - striker
image.thumb.png.d3d41fdfa942af4b17c463911b889683.png
Decent finishing for my level but he can't head to save his life. Will get gametime as my second string striker.

Yevhen Popov 25B - attacking midfielder

image.thumb.png.d50875564800f078994cc1477d2b4db4.png
Is well balanced but the unambitious is too bad. Might train him as a cm since I use like 3 of them.

Added some decent talents for depth, nothing too crazy but had to let some leave because of the money. (youth contract is € 450 a month which and i'm already in the red).

P.S. how do i hide the photo's to get a better looking report?

image.png

1 minute ago, thomas_e said:

The board refuses to upgrade our youth training facilities, as they want to focus on improving the team via transfers and not youth development. This wasn't  a big issue on FM22 and its really frustrating, but its way more realistic! 

The pain of realism! :D 

1 minute ago, XaW said:

R6vQe1f.png

"Say what now? We're a semi-pro team in Norway, you do know that, right?" - Not an option to answer, but should have been!

The few times "additional comments" in press conferences make it better! :D

WeYcmB7.png

I think this has been said before, but I can't seem to find it (the probability of me being stupid and searching the wrong thing is high though...).

What determines which teams get promoted from non-playable leagues? Is it a case of it being like a "lottery" and having certain percentage chances to get promoted?

14 minutes ago, Anners said:

I think this has been said before, but I can't seem to find it (the probability of me being stupid and searching the wrong thing is high though...).

What determines which teams get promoted from non-playable leagues? Is it a case of it being like a "lottery" and having certain percentage chances to get promoted?

The reputation of the teams for sure.

33 minutes ago, Anners said:

It's a lottery, but weighted on their reputation.

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Time to head into England for the first save of the year. I spent too much time reloading for the perfect team, but I'll settle for having a team based in London. Hopefully that is reflected in some fun intakes

We have a pair of center mids who are rated as leading VNS players. Unfortunately, they're on non contracts and will likely be poached before the season starts. Other than that, we have only 2 centerbacks but good depth otherwise. The star from the youth intake in our holiday year has already scored and assisted in the first 2 matches of preseason.

Spoiler

I8JjkH.jpg

21 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

We have a pair of center mids who are rated as leading VNS players. Unfortunately, they're on non contracts and will likely be poached before the season starts. Other than that, we have only 2 centerbacks but good depth otherwise. The star from the youth intake in our holiday year has already scored and assisted in the first 2 matches of preseason.

Reveal hidden contents

I8JjkH.jpg

Give them a new deal and set the contract to start at the end of the year, no one will be able to poach them but will be able to submit bids of £0 usually. You will have to be quick next season to do the same before everyone starts bidding.

1 hour ago, Coxbox said:

Give them a new deal and set the contract to start at the end of the year, no one will be able to poach them but will be able to submit bids of £0 usually. You will have to be quick next season to do the same before everyone starts bidding.

I've done that with most of the team, unfortunately these two know they're too good for the team and won't sign new deals. I've managed to keep my VNL level GK for now however.

6 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@the_hdk congrats on the promotion! I didn't realize the finances were strained in Japan. With such a large stadium I take it its from high costs rather than a lack of revenue streams? is it because of the maxed youth costs, or just in general money is tight? 

I'm always curious when they add a new league how balanced it feels. At least it seems not to be a Belgium situation.

nah its mostly due to new stadium. the board decided to build a new one and costs are 250k per month....as we ware breaking even more or less that means we are losing now 2-3 mln per season. 

but the new stadium is coming in 2 more seasons...and we are playing in 27k stadium in nagoya but our average attenece is only 6k.   did go up form 2k from J3.  lets hope to get in to 10k when new stadium is out. 

Anyone knows what's the deal with the (seemingly) conflicting information regarding the youth intake quality? I often see previews where on the right side of the screen we get 5ish golden stars and "Excellent Intake" description, but on the left side the grades are all awful. In cases like this should we expect a good or bad intake?

Not the best example of what I'm talking about - seeing how the grades aren't truly awful-, but kinda like this intake from KingKCrush:

9 hours ago, KingKCrush said:

Youth Intake and Improvements

The preview of the YI wasn't really promising..

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.8d2bc8593af771e7e6d84c45896ee9f0.png

10 minutes ago, Ikthop said:

Anyone knows what's the deal with the (seemingly) conflicting information regarding the youth intake quality? I often see previews where on the right side of the screen we get 5ish golden stars and "Excellent Intake" description, but on the left side the grades are all awful. In cases like this should we expect a good or bad intake?

Not the best example of what I'm talking about - seeing how the grades aren't truly awful-, but kinda like this intake from KingKCrush:

With my intake, I don't think the game registered that any players had been generated.

7Q9SmRd.png

Notice the 0s at every position.

3 minutes ago, michiganhugefan said:

With my intake, I don't think the game registered that any players had been generated.

7Q9SmRd.png

Notice the 0s at every position.

I think your intake was one which had caught my eyes and led me to ask this question, but I hadn't noticed that. I think you are right regarding the reason for the conflicting information in this case. :thup: