The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of doing this in France. Is there anything I should be aware of? Is there anything different since you can have 4 tiers running but only take charge of a team in the 3rd tier? Is that still the case after holidaying for a year, I take charge of one of the teams promoted into the 3rd tier?

22 minutes ago, DomD said:

I'm thinking of doing this in France. Is there anything I should be aware of? Is there anything different since you can have 4 tiers running but only take charge of a team in the 3rd tier? Is that still the case after holidaying for a year, I take charge of one of the teams promoted into the 3rd tier?

That's right indeed. You can basically pick a team from the 4th tier, and save scum until it gets promoted. But that can cost some time. You can also just holiday one season and pick a team that's promoted to the 3rd tier.

I honestly don’t know how the guys who racked up 20 or 30+ seasons in England keep going.

Struggling to get the time in on it and feeling the gap between intakes is just huge. Really unsure if I will ever get enough time to complete England

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Great update @WhiteCat33

Never encountered the World Cup money either, even while managing some small nations. Obviously, the expanded World Cup does wonders there. Interesting idea for the HOYD, he looks special if it ends up working out.

Thanks! I had to look it up online and the money fits. My 3M is 1.5x - 2x what currently is the case as FIFA pays ~$10,000 per day for each player. For 20+ years in the future that seems a very modest increase (for Football payments). Since we were out at the group stage I probably only got 7-10 days of payments, but since 20/26 of the Barbados national team are my current players [with 3 more as former players] that is around 150k per player for the tournament. Not bad eh!?

Wish there was an inbox notification about it, but I didn't notice any. I know they got clobbered but I'm still shocked my players got the national team to the World Cup already. If Carrillo keeps playing till 35-36 he's got 2 more World Cup's in him and at 44 Goals in 42 CAPs he will be essential. Hopefully by then I'm on the Hall of Fame and can take over the national team and lead Barbados to Glory!

On 03/11/2023 at 20:38, the_hdk said:

hEB71N0.png

8HEtMVp.png

Transfer History

Well this was improvement. 3rd place and we ware actually in teh run to an upset, but we got too many injuries at the end of teh year and fell off teh fight. Still we qualified for Asian CL!. Cups was worse this year. First of all we had to sell our star striker TANAKA. In the end he went to TOTTENHAM for EUR 11,5 mln. Record sale for JAPAN. With the money I poured it into training facilities that already imporved twice and third is on its way. For some reaosn i'm not getting chance to improve youth facilities and I fear its the same bug/feature we had last year where the chaiman doesnt have bug enough youth skill. TANAKA had not a great start in England, with only 6 games and 1 goal played, but he finally became the first striker of Japan and has now 6 caps and 4 goals. He is now worth 44-54 mln! I feel a bit robbed.

Anyway, TANAKA was replaced by KAGAMI who did great. 23 goals in 38 games. Won the TopScorer. And the new attacker in first 11 is IMAZEKI, who had an amazing rookie season with 21 goals and 10 assists. Another rookie was a wing back KANAI, but he did not improve as much as ai had hoped and stays at 2,5 stars ability. With 6 players at 4 stars in ability we are doing great. Lets hope we can keep teh core and build further form there. The offers for my players are becoming annoying though. Makes the game very tedious.

Braga with an upset in Portugal. and Urawa Red gets both the League and Asian CL. First Japanese club to win it in my save. so far.

Anyway, I wanted to give a shout out to our Brazilian, ERNESTO PAULO, scored 9 goals...all headers. Just look at him (below). 1m90, he is a giant in Japan. I'm happy I retrained him to play in the center. His Heading is only 9....but his Jumping Reach is 19!!!!! 19!!!! with 1m90....our own "Força Aérea Brasileira". thats just insane :D. I'm doing everything to train his heading. all our corners go to him!

9dJYmlI.png

Sale of TANAKA

Yp7dRjq.png

TANAKA shortly after the sale. HE made his debut for Japan in teh next game.

N5TAMQN.png

KAGAMI became our second player to make his debut for Japan.

9gH1mod.png

YASUDA intake 2031. Seems promising, but once in my team...well they ware not so good. Only one 4 star and rest was meh. Third strike for YASUDA. I need a better HOYD.

UuAdpgu.png

Best of the bunch in the end. KANAYA. Decent physicals. Love the tackling. If he was faster I would retrain him to a wing back. Lets see. Could end up replacing KOZAWA in the Center.

HAR2igD.png

And our thrid foreign player. A South Korean, SONG JUNG. I give him little chance to make the first team, but you never know.

tMrwOZW.png

Which newgen pack are you using? They are great.

Belgium and the financial bug have won.

I'm losing 1.3m a year, my facilities are actually getting worse, my players are not developing, I can't hire decent staff because I have no money, I can't renew player contracts for the same reason, so my best 3 players are all opting out.

This is despite us sitting comfortably in the playoffs.

Frustrating.

12 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Taken a look around and wanted to find a country:

1. Not yet completed
  2. More than 2 divisions (but not 6 like England)
  3. Around 30 games a season
  4. A good youth rating from previous seasons

This has led me to attempt Denmark and with a real lack of variety in the promoted teams I have opted for Bronshoj Boldklub:

497.png.a8c8a65efe9056141934b419c022afb2.png

Appointed.png.ca987a008320934c1c7befc39b685d3e.png

ManagerProfile.thumb.png.4301005fd7a71365acdec72f22d139ed.png

The Wasps are based on Copenhagen and have actually won the top flight twice, the last time in 1992 as well as being runner up in 1993 and 1995 so this is a team that were fairly successful 30 years ago, a little bit of a fallen "giant".

Tingbjerg Idrætspark - Wikipedia

Tingbjerg idrætspark is nothing special, unlike some of the stadiums that a few saves in the thread boast, but the key attraction here is the reduced number of games (22 in the normal league plus 10 for promotion/relegation phases) in comparison to England's 46 games for 5 leagues and 38 in the top flight and it hasn't been completed either. Based on them being an amateur club I checked the FM23 editor to see if they were set as always amateur (didn't think they would but wanted to be certain I wouldn't have a hard block on this save) and they are only set as amateur, still not an easy task.

Really hope that I can find enough time to get through the shorter seasons so that I don't lose the motivation to continue.

I will most likely tweak the bingo card I devised for England to suit the Danish league structure as well as see to a few changes I had thought of in the first place.

A good choice of team! Hopefully you can not stall out as consistent Champions League quarterfinalists like I did.

2 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

Belgium and the financial bug have won.

I'm losing 1.3m a year, my facilities are actually getting worse, my players are not developing, I can't hire decent staff because I have no money, I can't renew player contracts for the same reason, so my best 3 players are all opting out.

This is despite us sitting comfortably in the playoffs.

Frustrating.

Pretty disappointing after at least 3 years SI can't rebalance the finances there. Its an interesting country to play in.

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

A good choice of team! Hopefully you can not stall out as consistent Champions League quarterfinalists like I did.

I'll be happy to survive the first season as a starting point :lol:

I take it this was in FM23 thread, might have to go and read up on your adventures

14 hours ago, lewis999 said:

Which newgen pack are you using? They are great.

I create my own with Midjourney. Its an AI tool that creates images. There are some videos on youtube how to use it for FM. IF you have any questions please let me know. 

2 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Pretty disappointing after at least 3 years SI can't rebalance the finances there. Its an interesting country to play in.

We could rebalance that ourselves as a community - it's likely a matter of raising ticket prices and TV revenue a little higher. If we could agree as a community something appropriate it would make it workable. 

Unfortunately I am having to restart this challenge as my save has corrupted and the one uploaded to Steam is a season and a half behind for some reason.

Not sure if I'll be doing it in Sweden again but will let you all know when it begins!

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I reported this as a bug (like i did on FM23) and this year somebody is working on it, specific on the wages and he thinks this should solve it. He could not confirm if it was going to be fixed at 6 november.

3 hours ago, the_hdk said:

I create my own with Midjourney. Its an AI tool that creates images. There are some videos on youtube how to use it for FM. IF you have any questions please let me know. 

I'm guessing you have to pay monthly for the ability? I can put the faces inside the game with the config file etc. It was just more about how you sourced them as they look really good.

Despite being in such a great position with Bury, I may park it for a while.  I will come back to it but I want to try a save where I sign players too, so dafuge for me.

Current season in the Championship is going very well.  Nine league games remaining and we are solidly in mid table and already have over fifty points.

8 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I'm getting pushed to my limits with the GK injury bug. We just instantly lose games when I have to play a 16 year old in goal and Zamani keeps getting hurt.

WIDNBh.jpg

We'll have missed him for 8 games out of 20 this season when his wrist finally heals. And he's missed over a month in each of the past 4 seasons.

I’m actually shocked at this list of injuries……but only because there is a hamstring injury.

The amount of GK arm related injuries trying to catch the ball is just beyond ridiculous. I’m really surprised they didn’t find it during internal playtests

8 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I think I know why I fail to complete a challenge now......I seem to enjoy picking a team, creating kits, setting up spreadsheets, bingo cards etc. :lol:

Lego decided they wanted a domestic team to sponsor who would help promote good values for children and who better than Bronshoj Boldklub who have made a pact to only play players that come through their youth academy. (Also the black white and yellow of the logo works really well with the home kit :thup:)

BronshojKits.png.3b1f86d5938b50531accd1d2daa02cc4.png

Now that this is out of the way its time to see how much of a season I can get through in a single sitting.

I'm exactly the same mate :lol:

This team is actually on my list and I've made kits for them too, along with B1909, NB Bornholm, IF Foroyar and a team called Snekkersten IF in Denmark. They've all got kits now in the game as I have flip flopped between them all for he last few weeks!

I really like the fact that Bronshoj have a great website with lots of info about previous players. I find it easier to immerse myself in the save when that's the case. Good luck with your save :thup:

Season 2 - 2026/27

5603779.png.03da0550b383e24915cd872385abfb65.png

FC Wacker Innsbruck

Intake preview

ScreenHunter3768.thumb.png.85df5c055c699a9b0db15db918ce6a01.png

Actual intake

ScreenHunter3769.png.e54fe99276c48e252770d738b745dc94.pngScreenHunter3770.png.84164f706aea6aa692f6dc65563751d0.pngScreenHunter3771.png.8e739c546ef9c9b204f7942aa47bd713.pngScreenHunter3772.png.65300282060c40a0b8f2769490baba91.png

3 best players from that intake

ScreenHunter3774.thumb.png.4e7b05d341fbb6bbf88bcfb6391758a8.pngScreenHunter3775.thumb.png.c5b2ca4ed1427ff8449ed7f0ad873174.pngScreenHunter3778.thumb.png.445c6731757c29c3db65e98d2ddf9a85.png

upgrade!

ScreenHunter3761.png.3d4c988626a9215a8c38d9e7a768338e.pngScreenHunter3765.png.96533dc9f47b7cf8a45e8f5646261e5a.pngScreenHunter3766.thumb.png.a14a74873b665787a074123782c1b2ed.png

League table

ScreenHunter3780.png.8130d6b49ccfcf16286fa76527936331.png

best progression

afbeelding_2023-11-05_212112646.thumb.png.e6b179f9041453703966919eea666a8f.png

We are getting closer to the top spot for promotion. I won't mind staying a couple more seasons in this league, because this way i can finance any upgrades with the "Osterreichertopf" rule

2 hours ago, lewis999 said:

I'm guessing you have to pay monthly for the ability? I can put the faces inside the game with the config file etc. It was just more about how you sourced them as they look really good.

sadly you do...but atm I create like 100 faces a week so its worth it.

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National League South

Badge.png.c5c2a73beef86533a22dc11ad8ae715f.png

I'm back to give this another try! I was going to hold off for a while but reading this thread has pulled me right back in. I've still yet to complete this challenge or even compete in the Champions League beyond the qualifiers, but I like what I have seen of FM24 so far and I'm hoping this could be the year I finally manage it.

I've chosen Dulwich Hamlet for my first attempt. Possibly not the hardest of the English teams due to their geographical proximity to London and decent starting facilities, but make no mistake I don't expect the early seasons to be easy. We only have 20 players, 4 of which are goalkeepers, 4 that are over 33 and 6 that are only 16. A lot of the other existing first teamers are either almost or over 30 too, so expect to see a lot of turn over and initial consolidation after the early intakes.

Looking forward to this, let's get started.

DulHitr.png.f7558042fa27b240f8e378c7e38af879.png

Profile.thumb.png.563755a754f536360fe02da2e5b05cfc.png

Edited by officiallydeej

wow just one weekend not "here" and everybody got promoted (joke). Congratulations to all those great updates, I've read just a few of them.

My intakes are really not good but what matters more is, they all want full-time contracts in EFL2 anybody experiencing the same?

5tEaVk3.png

XZioxK8.png

Transfer History

Our 9th season was difficult. First time we played in Asian CL so that added some games at the end of teh season that cost us some points. But we ware far from the championship. KYOTO SANGA after two years 2nd finally win their first title. We still qualified for the CL...I Think. Still overal not a bad season, but it could have been so much better. Stars of the year ware IMAZEKI, who scored 32 goals and became TopScorer. ERNESTO PAULO, who still refuses to become Japanese. And KAGAMI who had a worse year this year but still great with 15 goals and 13 assists.

We lost half way KUGAWARA our wing back to Porto for EUR 2 mln only. I forgot about the min fee release clause and IU didn't extend his contract.

FATI with his second ballon d'or. And City with their 4th CL win. Al-Hill brings their CL total to 6 in Asia.

Lost Cup Final

Os3Gwah.png

Sadly we lost the final. We got off to a good start but FC Tokyo was just quick in response and after that closed the door.

CL games are weird and the level is very skewed. In our first year in Asian CL we played against Fortis from Bangladesh and it caused two record games.

GEW6gy5.png

57tOGWA.png

Sale of KUGAWARA

wMClxZ4.png

After three failed Intakes I decided to get a new HOYD. Welcome SIMON, who one year played ona  load in Netherlands at FEYENOORD.

0kSaF1P.png

NEW HOYD

6tb9c4Q.png

SIMON Intake 2032

pja6nS0.png

Not a great start for Simon. Not even one Elite! Bad Intake.

Best of the Bunch, yet another striker....we need midfielders! SAITO is unambitious, and was not very good skills. At least he is quick.

jpmq0eD.png

27 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

wow just one weekend not "here" and everybody got promoted (joke). Congratulations to all those great updates, I've read just a few of them.

My intakes are really not good but what matters more is, they all want full-time contracts in EFL2 anybody experiencing the same?

I just give them what they want. Especially the biggest talents with ok/good personalities. Of course you can/should leave out low potential players with bad personalities. How are your finances?

vor 49 Minuten schrieb fries:

I just give them what they want. Especially the biggest talents with ok/good personalities. Of course you can/should leave out low potential players with bad personalities. How are your finances?

Thank you @fries finances are ok. We‘re making big losses every month but sold two of my best prospects which gave us some room financially. 
 I accepted the U21 league invitation and that’s a huge amount of money ever month I believe. Just need a U18 it wasn’t necessary I believe.

I feel like this game is 50% football manager and 50% dealing with crazy behaviour. Players are complaining about everything, way more than previous versions.

My set piece coach got an offer from another club. I told him that I appreciated him and wanted him to stay. He got absolutely furious.... OK! 

8 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I feel like this game is 50% football manager and 50% dealing with crazy behaviour. Players are complaining about everything, way more than previous versions.

My set piece coach got an offer from another club. I told him that I appreciated him and wanted him to stay. He got absolutely furious.... OK! 

yeah I agree and during transfer periods...dealing with all mad people becuase you declined offers....yeah I'm going to agree to 400k offer for someone who is worth 1-4mln. sure..its boring and takes away a big part of the fun for me. its a chore.

in other news....today full version is lauched? what time do we expect it?

45 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

yeah I agree and during transfer periods...dealing with all mad people becuase you declined offers....yeah I'm going to agree to 400k offer for someone who is worth 1-4mln. sure..its boring and takes away a big part of the fun for me. its a chore.

in other news....today full version is lauched? what time do we expect it?

4 pm UK time