The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

10 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

I didn't even realise you were managing Crewe United and I literally just set myself up at the same team haha! Good luck with that next batch of youths, hopefully one will get onto the International stage!

The chances of you getting Crewe United were quite high, I spent a long time re-rolling and it was always Crewe United, Belfast Celtic and Donegal Celtic……..you can see from my avatar why I chose Crewe United :lol:

Beat of luck with your attempt with them…..ps Jack Sharvin was absolutely key to my early survival :thup:

Edited by Neo_Geo

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, diegolawliet said:

BvZmzmf.png

Well, as I mentioned I lasted only a couple of months in Belarus until I've got fired :D. It's frustrating but I really want to have a long save doing this challenge and I'll try again and again if it's necessary. Actually my fear is to be known as the annoying user that starts a different save twice a week, I promess I want to have a long and succesful one. I thought about not posting anything until I survive the first season, but it's not the same. I don't feel good if I don't post from the very beggining. I changed country again, this time I chose a country that I've never played on: Scotland. I like that they have four divisions and I like even more that to be relegated you have to be in the last position and also lose a playoff. I simulated many times until I got a promoted team in the cinch League Two and this team is East Kilbride. The season preview places us in the third position so we are not candidates to be relegated. It's my best chance to survive this cursed first season for me, Diego Castillo Flores.

Don’t think about how others might perceive your posts/attempts, this is a fantastic, supportive and friendly community.

I had a save with East Kilbride then lost it when I was cleaning up masses of saves from other failed attempts, I enjoyed it and hope you do too.

The cinch League Two relegation is even better for survival as finishing bottom is a play-off and if you finish there it gives you 2 more games to save the save but hopefully you won’t need that this season :thup:

Best of luck.

10 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

The league is still the priority and continuing to loan out the 17 year olds whilst integrating those that went on loan last year or the year before and have shown enough to be given a chance.

Is there a specific reason why you loan out the 17 year olds?
I thought it was the general consensus that game time are more important for players aged 18 or above. While training are most important for 15-17 year olds.

However my own experience is that 16 year olds and 17 year olds also develop well with loads of game time, at least when your training facilities are bad. Thus I bring the young kids early when I am in the lower leagues but priorities training when I am established with better facilities.

What are your thoughts on this?
Everyone else are also very welcome to share your experiences with how you get most out of your young players.

1 hour ago, fries said:

I thought it was the general consensus that game time are more important for players aged 18 or above. While training are most important for 15-17 year olds.

However my own experience is that 16 year olds and 17 year olds also develop well with loads of game time, at least when your training facilities are bad. Thus I bring the young kids early when I am in the lower leagues but priorities training when I am established with better facilities.

Everyone else are also very welcome to share your experiences with how you get most out of your young players.

Yeah, in the beginning of a save when you're semi-pro or have bad facilities there's often no other option than playing the young'uns. When you're more established, I generally keep them at the club until 18 and then look for a loan so that they get playing time. 

53 minutes ago, fries said:

You are right when I started the save my youth facilities were bad but now they are probably the best in the country so perhaps my approach will change slightly.

The general pattern for me with this save is I establish a first choice team and then have back-up players that get rotated to keep the first choice players fit for the bigger games,

When a new intake comes in I see whether anyone will be able to play a part in the first team setup, if so they get promoted regardless of age, they would then become the back-up and the back-up players would go out on loan to develop by playing week in week out, something they wouldn't get if they stayed.

The reason why it happens to be 17 year olds a lot of the time is a) thats the first point at which I can loan them and b) even 12 seasons in the first choice XI is only starting to get more players who are 20 or over than those under.

I tend not to go with what people have found by trying to min/max the game to see where the optimal ages are for playing time versus training or how many games to play them to get the development in the sweet spot. This is part of the fun to just manage the way I see fit.

Every loan deal I make is for regular starter minimum and it usually means they go a league or two down.

Here is an example of one such player, centre back Daniel Keenan Y9-A:KeenanY9-A.thumb.png.439d32cff636d4dd32e95ea2d47c17e7.png

He's now 18 but was 17 at the start of last season. He has 4.5 star potential and decent attributes for a left sided centreback.

In the season prior to this he was 16 at the start of the 2034/35 season and I promoted him to the first team as back-up as I let Ryan Jones Y6-A go out on loan as well as Michael Burns Y8-A, which meant Keenan managed to get 5 starts and 12 sub appearances (10 league games). In the following season when he was able to go out on loan he got a move to Dungannon Swifts in the Premiership and had 25 starts and 3 sub appearances which is far more than he would have got had he stayed.

At the same time Michael Burns Y8-A had come back from his loan spell from HW Welders in the Championship where he had 36 starts and 5 sub appearances. He came back with a higher current ability and then became the back-up and had 9 starts and 10 sub appearances. Given Burns was now at least comparable to Geoff Armstrong Y4-A who had regressed to 2.5 star potential it made sense that he became the new back up.

This is generally how I approach it at the moment, but as the intakes come in and I can stockpile more players with high potential it may shift to keeping them at the club, loaning them out at 17/18 then integrating with the first team when they start to develop rather than developing them myself.

What I am doing probably isn't the best way of going about it but its working for me and I'm comfortable that the players are developing well enough and I've got adequate cover to rotate as I need to.

9 minutes ago, Riebow said:

oudenaarde.png.15fc60b57f9625fe024a8f61f0d8c1c5.png

KSV Oudenaarde Season Review (30/31)

League

Bonkers, in our first season in the top tier we made it to the championship group. This despite our team mostly consisting of tier 3 and tier 4 talent! The most amazing result was a 3-1 home win against champions-to-be Anderlecht.

Screenshot2024-06-26at11_18_21.png.3575def4b7a2d53c7d6f5b923b8d02d4.png

It went as well as you might expect, finishing bottom in the group. No European football, not that I was expecting any.

Screenshot2024-06-25at22_47_04.thumb.png.57454503318cf1ded78c1605edcd6484.png

Croky Cup

A huge upset over KRC Genk in the quarter finals. We stood no chance in the semi-finals against Anderlecht though. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-25at22_46_06.thumb.png.46c85514d6a819c612bc3362d4098155.png

Youth Intake

As usual a lot of A's and an 'Excellent Intake'. Quite some elite talents in the actual intake, but I'm dubious about their long term potential. Not many positive personalities. I'd like to change HOYD; but haven't found anyone better yet than the one I currently have.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-25at11_45_47.thumb.png.fb49abdfd3148f6d8dcd3a51ae7bee13.png

Screenshot2024-06-25at21_00_35.thumb.png.765b6c432a5223de048d4be3c2ab1676.png

Dominik Gibas (GK; Balanced)

Supposed to be a very gifted player... I'm not seeing it so far. Definitely not better than the GK from last year's intake

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-25at21_00_54.thumb.png.3d07e7625813f9f8c7d7a75dda6872c3.png

Transfers

Nothing in, nothing out except for some loans

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-26at11_26_41.thumb.png.c5b2f45d284dc0b17eac816a2ccdd5f4.png

Upgrades

We're firmly in the black now. Not enough to accept upgrades to our Youth or Training facilities, but I was able to upgrade our Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-24at22_22_58.thumb.png.c9343034f8a36626a660519ddefbbac2.png

Screenshot2024-06-25at16_13_18.thumb.png.37678ada5a987bb40ba833665153de1c.png

And we're building a new stadium!

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-25at22_43_16.thumb.png.884a5f7b39c2c2eda30854a7836f3697.png

Jacques Schrauwen-watch

Ok, this kid might be special. He's 16 and our star player and developing very nicely, with still room to grow. I didn't expect this quality player this early and he has only a 5M release clause :( . His value is between 5 and 10,5M...Of course he wants to leave to a bigger squad. I really should have paid more attention.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-06-26at11_30_13.thumb.png.77cf97a21bf97bb9f2be1cb17c1970c8.png

5 Years ago...

The first intake was amazing, with quite some players who developed into Jupiler Pro League players. The 2nd intake... not so much.

Starters:

- Mario Giorgetti: he's a regular starter, either from CM as a Mezzala or as a winger from the left

- Jordy Michaux: a squad player in CM or as a right winger

- Gary Lea: Back-up striker, who has so far been unable to unseat an original player

Other than that... Yikes. I did lose Renier Knapen (GK) on a free when I wasn't paying attention. He could have become a decent GK. Really a horrendous intake.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.78f73b9d02b178c87caa4761124ada98.png

Next season

We had a banger season, but the reality is that our squad is still very poor. I might need to sell our star player Jacques Schrauwen for the sell-on fee, which would weaken the team incredibly. The goal is still to avoid relegation, and perhaps be a bit lucky in the cup...

Really nice foundation season there and beating Anderlecht as well is a really good sign!

I'm disappointed things like this are still in the game....

Linfield come in with an offer for Michael Burns Y8-A and he would need a lot of convincing to stay, so I start the dialogue and he starts off saying they have a stronger squad, better players etc. so I then ask what I can do to convince him to stay and this is the response:

S13-NiceLogic.png.19d351643a0bbdb5660302f4a1eae03f.png

Highlighted are the trophies won in the last 2 years (it also doesn't include the SPFL Trust Trophy win), we are now the highest reputation team in Northern Ireland and were the first Northern Irish side to qualify for the league phase of the Champions League but yeah go to Linfield as we won't win any trophies.

It's likely its based on the season preview where I am predicted to finish 4th while Linfield are 1st but this is just such an immersion breaker.

EDIT: Here's how the rest played out:

S13-NiceLogic2.png.53e3947a969e43d3f7df63c5056d7972.png

S13-NiceLogic3.png.5c79cdb70009cb57275dc3c42b062f60.png

S13-NiceLogic4.png.b0932ba26c666707463e26e7d971ef95.png

S13-NiceLogic5.png.3ab356313518ef6e21a49950fe084980.png

S13-NiceLogic6.png.f27c12c460ece9b211194baee45c0f54.png

S13-NiceLogic7.png.7237fd9913b5ab835c99a0d910a407d4.png

S13-NiceLogic8.png.79ad94660697b640d525bafb2be95cf0.png

Like I said its a real immersion breaker for me as the reasons given are just nonsense.

Edited by Neo_Geo

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

You are right when I started the save my youth facilities were bad but now they are probably the best in the country so perhaps my approach will change slightly.

The general pattern for me with this save is I establish a first choice team and then have back-up players that get rotated to keep the first choice players fit for the bigger games,

When a new intake comes in I see whether anyone will be able to play a part in the first team setup, if so they get promoted regardless of age, they would then become the back-up and the back-up players would go out on loan to develop by playing week in week out, something they wouldn't get if they stayed.

The reason why it happens to be 17 year olds a lot of the time is a) thats the first point at which I can loan them and b) even 12 seasons in the first choice XI is only starting to get more players who are 20 or over than those under.

I tend not to go with what people have found by trying to min/max the game to see where the optimal ages are for playing time versus training or how many games to play them to get the development in the sweet spot. This is part of the fun to just manage the way I see fit.

Every loan deal I make is for regular starter minimum and it usually means they go a league or two down.

Here is an example of one such player, centre back Daniel Keenan Y9-A:KeenanY9-A.thumb.png.439d32cff636d4dd32e95ea2d47c17e7.png

He's now 18 but was 17 at the start of last season. He has 4.5 star potential and decent attributes for a left sided centreback.

In the season prior to this he was 16 at the start of the 2034/35 season and I promoted him to the first team as back-up as I let Ryan Jones Y6-A go out on loan as well as Michael Burns Y8-A, which meant Keenan managed to get 5 starts and 12 sub appearances (10 league games). In the following season when he was able to go out on loan he got a move to Dungannon Swifts in the Premiership and had 25 starts and 3 sub appearances which is far more than he would have got had he stayed.

At the same time Michael Burns Y8-A had come back from his loan spell from HW Welders in the Championship where he had 36 starts and 5 sub appearances. He came back with a higher current ability and then became the back-up and had 9 starts and 10 sub appearances. Given Burns was now at least comparable to Geoff Armstrong Y4-A who had regressed to 2.5 star potential it made sense that he became the new back up.

This is generally how I approach it at the moment, but as the intakes come in and I can stockpile more players with high potential it may shift to keeping them at the club, loaning them out at 17/18 then integrating with the first team when they start to develop rather than developing them myself.

What I am doing probably isn't the best way of going about it but its working for me and I'm comfortable that the players are developing well enough and I've got adequate cover to rotate as I need to.

Thanks for a detailed answer!

I don't think your approach is too far from mine.

I to have a starting XI, a backup XI, and a handful talented rotational young players.

The players typically move into the last category when they have 2 stars CA. This group typically gets minutes on the pitch in cup games, conference league or europe league (As an english team. Would probably be different if I played in another country), and a few sub appereances in the league. If they are not good enough to get into this group there are two options depending on their age. Below 18: They are in the youth team. 18 or above: out on loan.

If this group of players are too big or I have to many in the same positions, I will either loan out the players with worst CA or the oldest players in this group depending on feel. Sometimes I rotate this group too. A half season home getting a few games against weak opponents and a half a season out on loan.

If the players fail to develop into the backup XI before they turn 20 or doesn't seem to grow over 1-1.5 season, I will typically loan them out.

1 hour ago, fries said:

Thanks for a detailed answer!

I don't think your approach is too far from mine.

I to have a starting XI, a backup XI, and a handful talented rotational young players.

The players typically move into the last category when they have 2 stars CA. This group typically gets minutes on the pitch in cup games, conference league or europe league (As an english team. Would probably be different if I played in another country), and a few sub appereances in the league. If they are not good enough to get into this group there are two options depending on their age. Below 18: They are in the youth team. 18 or above: out on loan.

If this group of players are too big or I have to many in the same positions, I will either loan out the players with worst CA or the oldest players in this group depending on feel. Sometimes I rotate this group too. A half season home getting a few games against weak opponents and a half a season out on loan.

If the players fail to develop into the backup XI before they turn 20 or doesn't seem to grow over 1-1.5 season, I will typically loan them out.

Sounds very similar, especially the last paragraph…..loan them out until their contract expires for me and if by some chance the coaches were wrong and they do develop you can always get them on a new deal. I rarely sell youth players unless they are the ones at the top of the pile that get headhunted by the bigger clubs.

7 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

The chances of you getting Crewe United were quite high, I spent a long time re-rolling and it was always Crewe United, Belfast Celtic and Donegal Celtic……..you can see from my avatar why I chose Crewe United :lol:

Beat of luck with your attempt with them…..ps Jack Sharvin was absolutely key to my early survival :thup:

Ah fair one, I just picked the team off the first go, let fate decide who I manage :lol: Thanks for the tip!

Verspah Oita - Stadium - Resonac Soccer ...

Season 2033 - Versport FC - J1 League

The season started off with us proudly moving into our new stadium, the Versport Stadium which despite the extremely creative name, it did help surge our average attendance to 8,544 from 6,052 from the previous year.  That was the good news off the field, the bad news also off the field was that Tasuku Suzuki's minimum release clause which we were unable to remove despite many contract offers was met and hence we left a few games into the season.  He would then go on to make his debut for the national team however I cant claim that as our first national capped player.

Screenshot2024-06-20161253.thumb.png.3053f27f0053003b0768e9851f93b1f6.png

Screenshot2024-06-21093410.thumb.png.7cfd927bd5afa6646f16760b3d1f4b55.png

We almost lost another one of our midfielders in Manabu Kitano as his min release clause was also met but thankfully it was Yokohama FM who have been relegated to J2 that offered him the chance to leave but he decided to stay with us.  I cant see it being long before he actually does go as i cant resign without a min release clause.

Screenshot2024-06-21162709.thumb.png.5b39c0d895bb0cc089c3524ca353a6f8.png

Screenshot2024-06-25182456.thumb.png.d5ae25fcd7c4ef8394d1457dd1918008.png

On the field, we were solid and would go on decent runs which were then met with poor runs but overall it was a slight improvement on last year in the league. We gained 4 more points and finished 1 spot higher but the improvement was really shown in the cups where we made the semi finals for both competitions. We were unlucky not to make the final in the League Cup after squandering a 3 - 1 away first leg lead with two stupid goals in the 90+4th and 90+7th minutes which would be extremely costly in the end. 

Screenshot2024-06-25211105.thumb.png.825477bfe3b6429f55599e5700e65ffc.png

A shout out to our 17yo gun striker up front that won the top goalscorer award in his first full season scoring 28 goals in 35 starts. Ive tied him up on a 3 + 3 year contract with no min release clause so he wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Screenshot2024-06-26181926.thumb.png.43407571e7922b7329b20876926e6db2.png

Youth Preview

Once again the preview shows there isnt much depth

Screenshot2024-06-21141825.thumb.png.a955c11d641ca5fba9ed47203f8cc9de.png

Youth Intake

And again the intake comes back better than expected.

Screenshot2024-06-24164234.thumb.png.168cff246086f0858a2532b1428c794f.png

Fumiya Nozawa looks like he could become something special for us with really good attributes for a 15yo

Screenshot2024-06-24170611.thumb.png.cfda72f9bb9bc1e3442e7d620c25ac1d.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 093435.png

Screenshot 2024-06-24 164234.png

Screenshot 2024-06-25 182441.png

Screenshot 2024-06-26 181958.png

Edited by SkiIIs

En 25/6/2024 a las 20:57, diegolawliet dijo:

BvZmzmf.png

Well, as I mentioned I lasted only a couple of months in Belarus until I've got fired :D. It's frustrating but I really want to have a long save doing this challenge and I'll try again and again if it's necessary. Actually my fear is to be known as the annoying user that starts a different save twice a week, I promess I want to have a long and succesful one. I thought about not posting anything until I survive the first season, but it's not the same. I don't feel good if I don't post from the very beggining. I changed country again, this time I chose a country that I've never played on: Scotland. I like that they have four divisions and I like even more that to be relegated you have to be in the last position and also lose a playoff. I simulated many times until I got a promoted team in the cinch League Two and this team is East Kilbride. The season preview places us in the third position so we are not candidates to be relegated. It's my best chance to survive this cursed first season for me, Diego Castillo Flores.

image.png.05aa0e936407edc4c5c2003878c7c3a9.png

Come on! :mad:. It was being my best try so far. Unbelievable.

H2jiltE.png

New try. This time we come back to England. Radcliffe FC sounds good. The season preview puts us in the 20° place, so I hope I won't be fired in the middle of the season if things goes 5-6 points. The squad this time has 30 (thirty!) players. It's a nice starting point I guess. But we never know. I'll let you know if we success in the surviving challeng in the first season. This is my manager profile.

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

Austria - 2034/35 - Premier League

spgwelslogo.png.59579b03abd86b55ca66899f74567750.png

Wels Again narrowly Avoid relegation

Honestly, we are so lucky the Austrian Premier League is only 12 teams big with only 1 relegation, as we are still terrible! Although we did have a good run around christmas to give us a respectable league stage finish, the relegation stage halves your points so after a bad start there we were hovering 1 point above relegation. We managed to get a couple of wins under our belt to keep our head above water but honestly, it feel like it's only a matter of time before we go down at this rate

Part of the problem is our youth set up costs so much we have to sell our best players at the end of each season, which will be the case until we can get into Europe. Which feels a long way off atm!

35leaguetable.JPG.3e3f8b311314297a977a3d44b6d5772a.JPG 35relegationtable.JPG.ed4424c7b6f0ff13e5f4d529e27decec.JPG

Youth

so our set up now is ridiculously good and ridiculously expensive. So what can it deliver?

An A, a B, a few Cs is ok....

35youthpreview.thumb.JPG.47636dea2b191b852c93d3a485c94f36.JPG

Looks ok, a mixed bag of personalities, but a few nice high potentials

35youthintake1.JPG.f12ea0b19c601e21e5b6c972d95ca198.JPG

35youthintake2.thumb.JPG.c1aebcd597cc37c2ab69b1b91ce2dbdb.JPG

The clear stand out is Lars Schroder. The only worry is he demanded a minimum release clause from the very start!

35schroder.thumb.JPG.8accf64e7040771db00abc40202887e5.JPG

Players

Not an official wonderkid but another entry in the NxGN top 50 list. at number 2 now!

35nxgn50.thumb.JPG.4074b2d164cf6e2a56f921304a97f204.JPG

He's pretty good but it was a surprise to even see him in the list, let alone so high

35adrianloschnig.thumb.JPG.03a0188dfe4ed8cde7d5ed0d393325b5.JPG

Career

We need something to change....

35career.thumb.JPG.337eeaba6c6cfcc657380eac151628b2.JPG

Keep plugging away! At least in my eyes your not in a relegation fight because 9 points is a big difference at the bottom of the league.

Verspah Oita - Stadium - Resonac Soccer ...

Season 2034 - Versport FC - J1 League

Let's start with off the field first. Sponsorship money usually comes in on the last day of the calendar year and for some reason, we got a massive boost heading into this season which made us having the largest sponsorship deal in the country. Ridiculous, but very much welcomed.  So 4 days later and we have our training facility upgrade approved to get us to Excellent. Three weeks later the Youth Facility request popped up which i hadnt seen for years so we also got that approved to take us to Adequate.  This request did not reappear again so it might be stuck again.  That is the good news, the bad news is that it didnt take much longer for Yokohama FM to come back in and trigger Kitano's release clause again and this time, as they were promoted back into J1, the little squirt accepted. 

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-27094250.thumb.png.e956c4b02cf4a6041d65992e59f81366.pngScreenshot2024-06-27103816.thumb.png.104636f209bfb5674d30ecd6b9471d9b.pngScreenshot2024-06-27092233.thumb.png.331e8c63632c4387b033d14230101b24.pngScreenshot2024-06-27103716.thumb.png.48138c92f56ef2a7c7b2c8b3d140b1da.pngScreenshot2024-06-27103730.thumb.png.44a92c9afd0e77847324894c4de8a524.png

On the field, it was pretty much a carbon copy of last year. We got one less point, one better goal difference and finish one spot higher than last.  We also made the semi finals for both cups again.  We found a new starter in right back at the ripe age of 17 and a couple of decent rotational options in midfield but apart from that not much change. 

Screenshot2024-06-28160157.thumb.png.6962453f9818fe58cf704c7d249fb161.png

Youth Preview

Three A players expected, however i seem to keep getting strikers and DM's

Screenshot2024-06-28094358.thumb.png.6ab838c8dc134c661250cf9562e14416.png

Youth Intake

Got a token Greek talent come through which is nice but overall, little bit underwhelmed by this one

Screenshot2024-06-28141658.thumb.png.881bcdbef0e3eca12582504108e44d67.png

Takahiro Takahashi though looks like he might become a good midfielder for us. Strong mentally but lacks in strength and work rate which is his concern

Screenshot2024-06-28141735.thumb.png.5eec0be0b77fed0f185352e4e973dc32.png

seem to get a flurry of strikers coming through and Shunya Watanabe is another that may develop into a player. Strong finishing, heading and technically sound with a few 9's that could beef him up a little

Screenshot2024-06-28141802.thumb.png.e99422aef6a7b8a2384af0866d397609.png

Edited by SkiIIs

18a1efc924e3bdcf6027b3e8891025d5a36db4c2

Crewe United - Season One

I couldn't have hoped for much more for season one, having very mixed results all round, but better than expected. Our performances in the cup competitions left much to be desired, but survival in the league was of utmost importance. As I was told by a fellow Crewe United manager (neo_geo) Jack Sharvin was going to be my survival tool and he definitely proved as much.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Youth Candidates & Youth Intake

As previously posted, our upcoming youth intake was being classed as a real golden age, something which was a big surprise for me and very good news for the challenge ahead. The idea for the coming season will be to take the plunge and remove most of the normal players, except the select few who performed well such as Jack Sharvin. This will allow the youth prospects to show me what they're made of and despite the obvious risks, I feel this is the whole point of a save like this.

Spoiler

YouthIntake.thumb.png.33841cd54d798f0240dd621dcc809af9.png

3 Top Rated Youth Players & Transfers In + Out

There's nothing special here, but with them being touted as having top potential, it will be good to see how they grow!

Spoiler

League Table & Finances

The finances are a concern and I can't see how they will get any better in the short term. The chairman is looking to sell which is a concern as well, especially considering one of the recent news articles where it was mentioned the person coming in would look to replace me! Thankfully that takeover went to sea and never came back!

Spoiler

What they thought...

3 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

Keep plugging away! At least in my eyes your not in a relegation fight because 9 points is a big difference at the bottom of the league.

that's true, but with 3 games to go it was only 2 points and we were in awful form. it felt like a relegation fight then!

@darren1983 what do you do for pre-season?

Do you favour income over fitness and morale?

My routine involves the following:

• 1 week after players return play very small reputation team (first XI 65 mins then swap the entire team)
  • Mid-week against very small reputation team (backup XI 65 mins then swap the entire team)
  • Repeat this process moving from very small reputation to small then to similar and I rarely go over similar.

I find that this way I get the players fit and morale is maxed out ready for the first game of the season and I usually start very quickly (some of my bigger results in qualifiers in Europe I am sure comes from this)

Edited by Neo_Geo

@Padders I feel for you, seeing those Championship positions after having been in the EPL for a number of years must sting. I must admit I am daunted by doing an English save and I doth my cap to you good sir because how you have kept the motivation for 137 seasons is incredible.

I hope that Nsiala turns out to be a star, certainly if he can get his acceleration up a few notches I think you've got a cracking advanced forward there. Hopefully a few more like that tied down on long term contracts will see you push for promotion again.

21 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

@darren1983 what do you do for pre-season?

Do you favour income over fitness and morale?

My routine involves the following:

• 1 week after players return play very small reputation team (first XI 65 mins then swap the entire team)
  • Mid-week against very small reputation team (backup XI 65 mins then swap the entire team)
  • Repeat this process moving from very small reputation to small then to similar and I rarely go over similar.

I find that this way I get the players fit and morale is maxed out ready for the first game of the season and I usually start very quickly (some of my bigger results in qualifiers in Europe I am sure comes from this)

I've been doing what I think of as "realistic" in that it's away games (usually midweek) against local small sides and then bigger sides at home at weekend for the money. However I've gone full on moral and fitness this upcoming pre season so hopefully see an impact. 

51 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

@Padders I feel for you, seeing those Championship positions after having been in the EPL for a number of years must sting. I must admit I am daunted by doing an English save and I doth my cap to you good sir because how you have kept the motivation for 137 seasons is incredible.

I hope that Nsiala turns out to be a star, certainly if he can get his acceleration up a few notches I think you've got a cracking advanced forward there. Hopefully a few more like that tied down on long term contracts will see you push for promotion again.

Yeah he's gone to the good old minimum fee release clause :(

On 24/06/2024 at 18:01, Neo_Geo said:

Anyone else get issues with recycling of unique IDs?

I keep getting 1 maybe 2 in an intake of former intake players who have retired.

I removed the rows in the license file but it seems to have cached it somewhere (restarting the game with no reference to their name in the license file or the unique ID and they still have the modified name)

Might have to just generate a name for them (hate using the same names as previous intakes)

I think I have a temporary solution for this.

image.png.f52eed18d5a71b9c138af00fddc997c0.png

Ticking this should avoid the ID being reused, I think. Not experimented enough to be sure yet, but I think might stop the IDs being available after the player retires.

image.png.5eecf522791a0fc98726d328b519655d.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Made a poor start to the season where the team were in matches but not getting ant points as the defence was poor and the strikers were failing to score. The results picked up slightly but a run of 5 defeats left the team in the relegation playoff with 1 match to play and then only thanks to the terrible form of the bottom 3, 19 points were against the bottom 3 and 12th. I rested the first 11 for the final match which led to  this match. In the playoffs i faced 1st Div S team Savedalens, winning the home leg 2-0. In the away leg the team were under pressure all match and were indebted to a late OG to lose 1-2 but win on agg to stay up.

After a few seasons the club were again in the swedish cup. In the first rd the team were away to pro 2nd div team Skiljebo and were 2nd best for much of the match but drew 3-3 and went through on pens. In the 2nd rd the team were away to 1DE team Lunds who were struggling, an early red card for Lunds led to an even game but they still won 2-1 which was a disappointment.

Finances increased slightly due to the prize money from the relegation playoff.

Kasper Davidsson  (264 apps, 56 goals, 75 assists) left halfway through the season as he was out of contract but still ended with the most assists.

With the strikers not scoring most of the midfield stepped up with Lillskog the best player, Lahdo also stepped in to score a few.

Berglind is one of the few players who could reach his potential and the best youth player for CA.

The youth intake was again excellent but the intake didn't really match this. Bjorklund and Muradoglu were the best of the intake. Karlsson also has setpiece abilities way above anyone in my squad but i dont know were to play him as i dont play with an AMC.

Spoiler

Youth nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

94.69%

Sweden

89.38%

Gambia

0.94%

Peru

0.31%

Iraq

0.94%

USA

0.31%

Africa

3.13%

Albania

1.25%

Algeria

0.31%

Lebanon

0.63%

Asia

1.56%

Turkey

0.94%

Zimbabwe

0.31%

South America

0.31%

Bosnia

0.94%

DRC

0.31%

North America

0.31%

Croatia

0.31%

Uganda

0.31%

Oceania

Serbia

0.31%

Egypt

0.31%

Norway

0.31%

Eritrea

0.31%

Italy

0.31%

Sierra Leone

0.31%

Ireland

0.31%

Slovenia

0.31%

Scotland

0.31%

Spoiler

Youth Name

All time apps

Jan Andersson (25a)

Per Lindback (28g)

Andreas Wiktorsson (27a)

Youth Name

All time Goals

Karl Lindqvist (28d)

Sadin Kadric (30f)

Per Lindback (28g)

Youth Name

All time Assists

Andreas Wiktorsson (27a)

Sadin Kadric (30f)

Per Lindback (28g)

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(21)

Davidsson(7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

6th

Group St

N/A

Maholli, Hjort(10)

Davidsson(8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

1st

Not entered

N/A

Maholli(22)

Davidsson(13)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

D1N

15th

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(11)

Davidsson(7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

4th

1st Rd

N/A

Maholli(22)

Davidsson(7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

6th

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(9)

Hjort(6)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

5th

Not entered

N/A

Maholli(15)

Hjort(9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(16)

Davidsson(10)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

D1N

12th

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(9)

Wiktorsson-27a(4)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D1N

13th

2nd Rd

N/A

Jonnson, Lillskog(8)

Davidsson(9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

CreweUtdBanner.thumb.png.0bdf91fb7688cf53705b374e65fcc728.png

CREWE UNITED AT THE DOUBLE IN SEASON 12

The league was retained for 3-in-a-row and the Mid Ulster Cup was won for the 6th time as Crewe United handled the early loss of key player Jason McKee Y8-B who left for Udinese for £1.3m and 50% of the next sale.

S13-TitleWin.png.899469130f44e79d450735cbfbccc3d1.png S13-MidUlsterCupWin.png.2f56d8419374e1d1da1a4df1990dce0a.png

Disappointing performances in the domestic cups took the shine off the season and in Europe we had to make do with a place in the Europa League after failing to qualify for the Champions League League Phase as we had last year.

The most important competition was the league and once more Crewe United rose to the challenge pipping Linfield to the top spot by 9 points. We continue to improve our European ranking and the Sports Direct Premiership Ranking as the save continues on a fairly steady trajectory.

Financially we are sound and we actually have nothing to spend money on as the request to improve youth facilities has now disappeared with it sitting at 12.

S13-Overview.thumb.png.ebc3c845b5d4969a7c89b6613c8ad3d4.png

League

Spoiler

S13-LeagueResults.thumb.png.a826046d6dec4aa877c9286ccc23fbc4.png

Domestic Cups

Spoiler

S13-DomesticCupResults.png.f757fc7135110d6d5dd77ab01238298e.png

Europe

Spoiler

S13-EuropeResults.thumb.png.640756bd2575ae52e47577575115d573.png

S13-EuropaTable.png.66ec06a9876dc07308b3f480d1e133ad.png

Club News

Spoiler

Training facilities were maxed out with the final improvement

S13-TrainingFacilitiesUpgrade.png.15db800c492a0e1da83e90e792ba78ce.png

however the Youth Facilities will be halted for the time being as the option to request the improvement has now vanished as seemingly the chairperson is happy with it at 60% of its potential, however.....

S13-PossibleSale.thumb.png.aa41aa1f808d6af0906d85ad5e58996e.png

This is one of 3 separate stories this season about the takeover so it feels like it might happen but then again it could just as easily not happen.

Our average attendances continues to grow but we are still only averaging 45% capacity for league games.

Youth Intake

Spoiler

A pleasing intake preview with A grade DMC and AMC and the intake delivered with Curran Y13-A looking very promising and I certainly appreciate the elite left back Nicky Kirk Y13-A as its an area (as well as right back) where I feel we are lacking quality so hopefully the 5 star potential is accurate.

S13-Regens.thumb.png.4f8aa6356cb4d4fff1e8045738315087.png

S13-RegensPlayers.thumb.png.f8bd2e4e2675eeea1da68b5c7cfeebb5.png

Player records sees Leacock Y6-A, Beacom Y6-A and Brown Y7-A make it into the top 5 appearance holders .

S13-Records.png.757ac855e3d8baa719e32efd615ce8ec.png

Admin

Spoiler

S13-Transfers.thumb.png.0e046def61ecb3bd2f042bc25e5152f9.png

Squad News

Spoiler

Was going to track the key players as I did in the last update however I think its best to cover the squad as a whole. Last summer I had turned down an offer from Udinese for Jason McKee Y8-B who had been instrumental in AMC in season 11. He wasn't pleased and I opted to go for the valuation not being met. I managed to get this to £1.3m which I negotiated this plus 50% of next sale when Udinese came back in. Unfortunately they matched it and I decided to let him go. He hasn't done that well as you can see in the Former Player Watch section.

The other big news is that Kenneth McMurray Y9-A who is out of contract at the end of the season has notified me of his intention to leave because I kept negotiating bids where the clubs would withdraw and clearly he had enough. Given I have no more facility improvements at this stage the money is not something I really need so I will be looking to keep him on and lose him for nothing whilst I rotate some of the other youth players in to get them up to speed. No one looks like they will have the same level as McMurray Y9-A but he either leaves now or in a year, there is no way he stays.

Sam Knox Y4-A scored 34 league goals this year (59 in all competitions) which saw him finish runner up in the golden boot:

S13-KnoxGoldenBoot2ndPlace.thumb.png.69d5392e6bf3316f1c7406eca0f89955.png

Here is how the squad is looking at the moment:

S13-Squad.thumb.png.9df85ae0c12182094025ceaff9f63b94.png

If McMurray does leave it will greatly reduce the quality of our best XI but its just a matter of when and not if now.

Former Player Watch

Spoiler

S13-GrahamY6-A.thumb.png.0a38e3d9416148da354873bbfe7150e8.pngCurtis Graham Y6-A
Sold to Newcastle United for £250k + 50% of future transfer on 15th June 2032

Another season where Graham Y6-A didn't get utilised much at all and still no loan move. I am thinking this will go much the same as Johnny Barr Y4-A and he'll leave on a free after failing to make an impact, then move to a smaller club and do well where he'll move and I get pittance from the sale.

As I said with Charlie Elliot Y-10A not having a resale I'm not choosing to track him though he has made more first team appearances for West Ham than Graham has for Newcastle.

S13-McKeeY8-B.thumb.png.81f812abac3cf044b7de727524b73c3f.pngJason McKee Y8-B
Sold to Udinese for £1.3m + 50% of future transfer on 7th July 2036

Another youngster chasing the dream and finding out it isn't all that they hoped it would be. 4 appearances with an average rating of 5.10 doesn't bode well for McKee.

He's left us having scoring 69 goals in total over 122 games in 3 seasons and moved to a club where he has had 1 start and 3 sub appearances in a season.

Next Season

Spoiler

Try to handle McMurray Y9-A's impending departure by identifying the next AMC to bring through (may even be Curran Y13-A from this intake) and then helping them develop whilst still trying to challenge for the title.

I'd settle once again for a place in the Europa League League Phase as the money is good enough for us and the matches are at a level better suited to our own for now.

I'll cross my fingers that a takeover takes place and the new chairperson has better WWY than the current chairperson but I won't hold my breath.

On 28/06/2024 at 21:22, XaW said:

I think I have a temporary solution for this.

image.png.f52eed18d5a71b9c138af00fddc997c0.png

Ticking this should avoid the ID being reused, I think. Not experimented enough to be sure yet, but I think might stop the IDs being available after the player retires.

Ok, this seems to really work. A player I released last season just retired and his profile is now this:

S7z81Po.png

So the ID doesn't seems to be reused when I retain history. So I'm going to do this for all youth players I release or sell.